[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jackie, this is not your fault.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Jackie, this is not your fault.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>387063212
You were everything to me... and all I ever did was kill you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

I can't forgive you Jackie. How can I forgive you when it wasn't your fault?
>>
>>387063506

Don't do this to me anon.
>>
That game is so cool.
>>
>>387063602

What did they do to Jenny?
>>
>>387063602
You have to go now.

I don't wanna go. I wanna stay here with you.

I know.
>>
AT LAST, I FEED!
>>
>>387063212
Who else watched the whole movie?
>>
>>387063212
The Darkness 1 > The Darkness 2. I loved hanging around in the subway station.
>>
>>387063212

Degenerate whore got what she deserved. One less subhuman with "body art" shitting up the culture of the nation.
>>
>>387066969

Jackie was also subhuman trash with that long greasy tranny hair. Real men keep their hair properly cut and presentable.
>>
I wish that this got ported to PC I really want to replay it but can't find the disc.
>>
>>387065659
>d-do I fit in yet?
>>
>>387066969
>>387067102
Watch that Edge anon, you might cut yourself
>>
Best loading screens.
>>
>>387067226
Idiot he's talking about the real movie in game.
>>
This game is a masterpiece.
>>
I don't understand how the game managed to have a scene so early on have that much emotional impact
>>
Goddamnit, don't you fucking do this to me!
Don't do it!

This and the ending of Bioshock always make me tear up a little. Bioshock 1, not the sequels.
The Darkness 3 when?
>>
>>387063212
Don't worry, she comes back.

As an enemy.

At a never-to-be-continued cliffhanger.

:'(
>>
>>387067716
Darkness 3 never. Also Bioshock 2's best ending didn't do it for you? I'm surprised.
>>
>>387066731
Immer. Immer...
>>
>>387067454

I think it was the first game I ever played that did an established romance with such impact.
I think its partly the contrast. Jackie and the Darkness brutally murdering gangsters and then there is this calm oasis with a girl who seems to just genuinely like Jacky. Plus its played so believably. She's not rich or doing these extravagant birthday things. She just makes a little cake and they sit and watch TV together. Its a nice and normal romance.

Which ramps the impact up to 11 with all the crazy shit that goes on around it.
>>
>>387067856
I'm unable to have kids, the ending of Bioshock hit harder than the sequel.
Not that it wasn't a good ending with a decent amount of weight, but the first was just on another level.
>>
>>387063212
>bad guy kills off someone's wife/family member while they helplessly watch
is there a more overused tearjerk trope in modern media?
>>
>>387068351
Oh I see. That sucks anon.
>>
File: 128236742156.gif (667KB, 276x312px) Image search: [Google]
128236742156.gif
667KB, 276x312px
i almost never circlejerk about comfyness/immersion/atmosphere or anything like that but godDAMN this game really nailed that part down
the mixture of horror, tragedy, black humor made everyone feel raw and human. the NPC's in the subways, while mostly one-off, had believable characters - their own quirks, flaws, personalities, etc that you could discern just from the dialogue they had. the dialogue in general is so good. i remember spying on one of the enemies in the china town segment and hearing them talk about a poetry slam contest or something. wasn't one or two lines either. full dialogue. i remember it lasted for like 2-3~ minutes. it's amazing how much stuff you can hear in this game if you just stop and listen
if they do ever make a third game, i'm really hoping they can return to this design. i've never seen it in any other game before, or at least pulled off nearly as well
>>
>>387068446
Take into account the game upto that point anon.
Jackie was a God, shooting and ripping the hearts out of an endless wave of thugs and hitmen. The Darkness allowed Jackie to do this.

Then we get to that room, time for the tried and true, Hero saves his waifu bit of the game, especially if you stuck around because Jenny was top.
All of a sudden your own powers keep you from saving her and you have to watch the whole thing play-out. Press all the buttons you want and Jackie only struggles helplessly as the Darkness forces him to watch.

It's a good scene.

>>387068747
It does indeed suck.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.