[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was he the most contrived character of season 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Arvo.jpg (67KB, 367x479px) Image search: [Google]
Arvo.jpg
67KB, 367x479px
was he the most contrived character of season 2?
>>
i'm glad this game was irredemably shit or else i might still be playing telltale "games" today
>>
>>387054579
He was a fucking commie. Fuck the reds.
>>
Everything was contrived in season 2.
>>
>>387054579
the ideal telltale TWD experience is not acknowledging that season 2 and 3 exist and pretending that clementine later on died because of how unrealistic it is that a little girl becomes this god mode mary sue later on that puts molly and jane to shame
>>
>>387054579
i kinda forgot season 3 existed.

How is it?
>>
>>387055356
Even worse.
>>
File: 1426472785357.png (169KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1426472785357.png
169KB, 499x499px
>he fucked you over and got away with it

/v/ salty as fuck
>>
>>387055436
I thought it was better than 2
Still barely mediocre, but better than 2
>>
More often than not the average Telltale experience will be extremely contrived.
>>
>>387054579
Where did the fucking Russians even come from?
>>
>>387056073
What do you mean where? They were probably vacationing when shit hit the fan
>>
>>387056073
Would you believe that America has Russians living in it right now?
>>
>>387054579

He's a disappointing throwaway character who has no arc or resolution to his own story and only adds unnecessary conflict into everyone else's stories. Arvo is a pure plot mechanic and not really a fleshed-out character.

> introduction is through a misunderstanding
> being kind to him doesn't matter because there's a MANDATORY misunderstanding that happens when you shoot his zombified sister who he believed was still alive
> literally no way to communicate with him in a way that fully explains why you did what the game forced you to do
> causes a whole bunch of problems for everyone and leaves the plot in a way that no one learns anything of value

That last part is probably the most annoying thing about him. There was a chance to make some kind of Tower of Babel point about the apocalypse, but there's no dialogue or resolution about what happened. It's either "this poor Russian kid is being bullied by this evil America man" or "this shitty Russian asshole is making everyone's life difficult because he's too stupid to understand what really happened."

I sincerely liked 400 Days a lot better than Season 2 because at least the stories were very short, very simple, and had straightforward moral dilemmas to them. Telltale really excels at stringing together a series of vignettes instead of trying to create some kind of grand epic narrative.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.