[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about this game? I need a cozy/addicting game to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Dragon-Quest-Builders.jpg (90KB, 670x406px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Quest-Builders.jpg
90KB, 670x406px
Can we talk about this game? I need a cozy/addicting game to play on my PS4.

How is Dragon Quest Builders?
>>
>>387054350
It's very good and very comfy, OP.

It is different than Minecraft, although on the surface level, it's the same. The crafting and building is quite different - the game gives you goals and objectives to build and meet instead of just sitting you in the world and giving you total freedom. This gives you some direction and more RPG elements, but lacks freedom of a Minecraft type game. It works well though.

I have played about 30 hours of it and am through two of four (I think) chapters, but you can go faster or slower if you want. It was a great surprise, as I just picked it up on a whim.

Definitely give it a try. There's a demo on PSN and its literally just the first few quests of chapter one. Be warned though: you can't transfer your town into the actual game if and when you get it.
>>
>>387054909
>>387054909
thannk you for your reply, anon. I didn't know there was a demo. I never see /v/ talk about it when they mention great ps4 exclusive games. Maybe because it's also on Vita or because a lot of people on /v/ don't think to nicely of the game?

Either way I am going to give the demo a shot. I am already interested. I saw they announced the second game too!
>>
Love this game. Like Minecraft but with characters and plot and cozy music
>>
>>387055559
They did! It's PS4 and Switch, too, which was surprising. I take that as a sign the first has been well recieved and doing well to get a multiplat.

Another thing to mention is the music is great and cozy but can get really repetitive so I usually listen to my own or a podcast or something.

But yeah - hope you enjoy. If you don't like the demo, then don't bother with the game - like mentioned, it's exactly the same. Hope you do, though!
>>
>>387054350
Currently playing through it, am about halfway through (have beaten 2 out of 4 chapters).

It's pretty good. If Minecraft is a building game with RPG bits, then this is an RPG with building bits.

In each chapter, you're given a town to rebuild. Some buildings are required to progress the story, but you're also free to build anything extra to spruce up the place. However, the actual area you're given to construct the towns in are quite small, at least as far as I've played. There is a free-form building mode called Terra Incognita that you unlock after completing the first chapter, but I haven't gotten into it yet so I don't know what it's like.

One thing to be aware of that seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way is that at the beginning of each new chapter your character is reset, and you only keep a fraction of the item recipes from the previous chapter, meaning you spend a fair bit of time re-learning them.

The combat isn't very good, but so far I haven't felt like I've had to do so much of it that it really gets to become a bother. You essentially just mash triangle until an enemy drops, occasionally stopping to move out of the way of a telegraphed attack.
>>
>>387055559
The demo might be tricky to download
I think you need to buy it from the PSN Store web page in order to find it, I don't think it is still on the regular PSN Store.
But using your PC it should be easy to get.
>>
>>387054350

It's suprisingly good (I'll say 7/10), but the replay value is pretty low (the islands are always the same).

Also, don't hold your breath about Terra Incognita - it's NOT a multiplayer mode, despite the shit that you can read on some forums.
>>
Portal Knights is better.
>>
File: Postal_3.jpg (83KB, 539x767px) Image search: [Google]
Postal_3.jpg
83KB, 539x767px
Playing this right now.
Ch 2 is pain and suffering
>>
>>387056203
True, regarding the relatively small area of the towns. I've found its effective to build up instead of out.

Camera can be tricky too.

Definitely worth a play though.
>>
>>387056569
Oh yeah, I meant to mention the camera.

It's not good.
>>
>>387054350
>>387054909
it's the comfiest game I've played on PS4
the music is perfect, although I may just love it for nostalgia

>>387056458
this. I've been meaning to go back to it to get all of the Trophies but I'll probably do that when I get the sequel on the Switch
>>
>>387056537
Chapter 2 isn't bad, yo.

I built a tropical looking town where, instead of walls, the perimeter of the town are palm trees and the houses look like huts. And a nice garden with towers in the corners with ballistas.

Plus story is neat - everyone getting sick and you build a hospital.

I dug it.
>>
>>387056569
>I've found its effective to build up instead of out.

Uh? You realise that everything above 2 blocks high (with the exception of buildings constructed from blueprints) is ignored and therefore do not count as "building"?
>>
Get ready to learn that if you freely build too much, you're gonna find yourself remodeling a lot. I spent a good deal of time on Chapter 1 making a really nice looking town especially after I dismantled the Castle only to find out that I needed to still build a couple of specific places to progress. Same goes in Chapter 2.

However, you can cheat a little and build multiple floors to a single building, as long as each floor is encased with a door, to rack up town levels early (which is beneficial to do).
>>
>>387056953
I guess I managed to do something to trick the algorithm because every chapter, I was doing multilayer houses and every room registered. I build my personal room above a kitchen and Inn atea, and above that, a workdhop. They all registered and I got to level 5 city.

Try it - it works.
>>
>>387056953
see >>387056953
You can build up, encase the area and add a door and it counts as a whole new building. Put a ceiling on a building and try it out yourself.
>>
>>387056778

>Ch2

There's an old castle behind 2nd (I think) portal where you can loot crapload of stoneblocks and build a decent walls, to BTFO this furry gaggots with hammers
>>
>>387057429
Fucking fuck I hate those so much.
And the fucking ghosts spawning inside the base and fucking TELEPORTING inside rooms.
>>
>>387057429
Yeah, I found it, but for muh aesthetics, I used the palm trees. Turns out they're indestructible to hammer boys, snails, and even night demon things.

Go figure, but it works
>>
File: 1479734569776.jpg (78KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1479734569776.jpg
78KB, 500x493px
>Harvest Moon: Light of Hope
>Dragon Quest Builders 2
>Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
2018 gonna be comfy.
>>
It's fairly short. It has 4 chapters and after you beat them there's little reason to go back. I think it took me maybe 15 hours or so to beat the game, obviously you can stay to build stuff or play the free building mode which is ass.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.