[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games so bad they killed a company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: garbage.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
i start
>>
File: en-us-featured-image.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
en-us-featured-image.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
>>387053847
they fully deserved it too
>>
File: thief2-1140x641.jpg (57KB, 1140x641px) Image search: [Google]
thief2-1140x641.jpg
57KB, 1140x641px
>>
>>387053847
The was supposed to be the first GTA online, what happened?

I never got a chance to try it when it first released because I only had access to computers good enough to run it at the local YMCA.
>>
>>387054572
Heavily pay 2 win iirc, also went to different studios over the years
>>
>>387054572
it had a monthly subscription at launch.
>>
>>387054572
Had an absolutely terrible launch, so people dropped it after the first month. The developer was betting on the first 3 months being a huge success because they were in a shitload of debt. Because it flopped, they went bankrupt.

It didn't help that the game had a very confusing payment plan that many people didn't understand. You could pay for hour chunks of gametime, which many people assumed was the only way to play. The game did have the traditional monthly fee however.

>>387054740
It didn't get pay to win until the korean company bought it after bankruptcy.
>>
>>387054572
-Long Loading Times
-Pay 2 Win
-Hackers
-Bronys
-Paywalls
-Farming is the Only Possible Ways to Earn Money
-Crappy Matchmaking (Level 1-5 Robbers vs Level 60 Cops)
-Server Problems
-Overpowerd Updates wich you can only Use when Spend Reallife Money

and it just felt terrible. like the gunsplay and movement were bad and that made firefights not fun
>>
>>387053847
I heard Realtime Worlds horribly managed their money when developing this game it was pretty much 24/7 party there blowing tons of money on food and other stuff.
>>
>>387056050
Nearly all that happened after the game changed developers. The original release was fine for the whole 15 minutes a day the servers weren't down.

>>387056750
Pretty much. They pissed away most the budget and had no idea what they were getting into launching an MMO.
>>
File: Saboteur.jpg (377KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Saboteur.jpg
377KB, 600x600px
good riddance
>>
>>387054572
Company was already practically dead before the game even launched. Some highly unusual design decisions didn't help, either. Rather than a more common monthly sub or buy to play model, you paid for each minute spent ingame. Run out of prepaid minutes in the middle of a mission and tough cookies, you're getting booted. Ingame advertising was also a thing - not just as billboards or something that would fit in the setting, but playing unskippable radio ads at random times.

>>387056050
This is all APB:Reloaded stuff. You know, the rerelease under new devs who don't actually know how to dev stuff.
>>
>>387056050
>criminals have to commit crime so the cops come and fight them
Don't forget that the system was flawed from the start.
>>
I remember playing the closed beta for APB. The dumbass devs only hosted servers in Scotland, so unless you were a bong or a western-european, you would have a 300+ ping.
>>
File: ultima ix.png (201KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
ultima ix.png
201KB, 256x320px
>>387053847
>>
@387054428
No (You) for you
>>
>>387058159
>implying that that mediocre game killed Pandemic
>implying Pandemic wasn't already dead and EA wasn't puppeteering its corpse
>>
File: AliensColonialMarinesBox.png (200KB, 295x367px) Image search: [Google]
AliensColonialMarinesBox.png
200KB, 295x367px
Killed Timegate Studios and ensured I'd never see a Kohan game ever again. Fuck Gearbox.
>>
>>387054180
... killed a company & Mass Effect for at least 5 years
;_;
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.