[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game gets more difficult the better you do What games other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: godhand-15.jpg (46KB, 645x448px) Image search: [Google]
godhand-15.jpg
46KB, 645x448px
>Game gets more difficult the better you do

What games other than God Hand do this?
>>
The enemies of MGSV adapts to your tactics.
>>
>>387051425
RE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFv6KAdQ5SE
>>
>>387051425
Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 do this.

The better you do - which is additionally measured higher by doing specific actions (like getting headshots often) - the more aggressive enemies are, and the more of them spawn in given encounters.

Unlike God Hand, they're much more granular, and with smaller differences between them - RE5 has 16 difficulty levels that it scales up and down between, and dying and continuing knocks you down three difficulties, I believe.
>>
It was extremely common in the arcades. It's harder to think of an arcade shmup without a dynamic difficulty system than ones with it. Usually they get more difficult based on how long you go without dying or how many power ups you collect.
>>
>>387051425
>game gets more difficult the worse you do

what games do this?
>>
>>387052272
Any game with lives
>>
>>387051714
explain
>>
>>387052456
>use too much gas they use gasmasks
>use too much electric bullets they use vests which deny the effect
>>
>>387052272
Demon's Souls.
>>
>>387052129
>watch shmup "no continue" run
>starts by crashing into the first enemy
This just kills all the hype.
>>
>>387052272
Literally any survival horror game.
>>
>>387051425
Space channel 5, if you have a high score you get a different more difficult route after the commercial break, if you have a perfect score bosses have longer and more difficult patterns.

You can't get those difficult routes on the first playthrough tho, which adds to the replay value.
>>
File: 4774240.jpg (28KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
4774240.jpg
28KB, 400x384px
>>387052550
>electric bullets
>>
>>387052550
>electric bullets
What the fuck?
>>
>>387051714
If only they weren't retarded
>>
>>387051425
Games with ELO based multiplayer ranking.
>>
>>387052550
They don't really adapt, you're just triggering a toggle for what equipment they wear. And you negate that stuff by going through some menus and assigning side ops.
>>
>>387052593
That was probably done for scoring, was it Ibara?
>>
>>387051425
RE4 does it, and I'm sure I've played other games that do it too, but nothing does it as well as God Hand does, not that I've played.
>>
>>387052272
most rpgs, it's stupid because "a good player" someone who explores every nook and cranny of the dungeon and knows how to abuse his best attacks, will just faceroll everything and won't even lose half his health during a boss fight with his extra levels from exploring the whole dungeon and finding the best loot available.

The lazy player who just wants to get over with the game and rushes to the boss will be underleveled and won't have the BiS available for that part of the content, and thus face an actual more difficult challenge.

Also the guy who defeated the boss super easy because he grinded or whatever, is a lof of the time rewarded even more with powerful loot, making the game even easier and trivializing future content.
>>
>>387052550
>>387051714
If you were good, you wouldn't be complacent and vary your strategies. OP asked for games that get more difficult the more skilled you're at.
>>
>>387052902
varying your tactics will literally make them adapt to all of them
>Assign your Combat team to a side Op to negate them

This is what you have to do everytime. Assign and wait 45mins for the OPs to finish and negate them.
>>
Racing games with rubberbanding.
>>
>>387052272
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>387053163
This is the worst mechanic in all of video games
>>
>>387051914

Damn I never knew this. played it like 80 times. Thanks breh
>>
>>387052593
>what is rank control
>>
>>387051425
Eiyuu Senki.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.