[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest thoughts on Prey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2547.png (1MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2547.png
1MB, 1200x675px
Honest thoughts on Prey?
>>
Game of the year still

Arkane is amazing, please don't get shut down
>>
Polished turd that only gets praise from those who paid full price
>>
File: IMG_2557.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2557.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>387051206
Fuck off retard. Game was fucking shit. No enemy variety, no weapon variety, shit areas, SJW shit. I'm so fucking happy it only sold 2 copies. I hope Arkane burns to the ground.
>>
Retarded meme game.
>>
It's easily best game of the year. And one of the best games this generation. Criminally underrated.
>>
>>387050975
Best game of 2017 so far.
>>
An above average game. A good game, but it falls short of greatness. Worth playing through twice.
>>
>>387051370
How can anyone hate this game? It's honestly amazing and the SJW shit isn't really made a big deal. Sure it has flaws but everything it represents is admirable aside from it being an amazing experience.
>>
>>387050975
Its alright.

not worth full price though. Felt too short, you can cheese a lot of the game. I was able to get through the hardest part with almost no ammo or psychic abilities just by sprinting with mobilty 3
>>
Nightmare (enemy) was a disappointment

Literally cheese
>>
Horrendous gunplay. Non existent enemy variety
>>
>>387050975
Really liked it on my first preythrough, ended up oving it on my second preythrough with a difficulty mod.

The exploration aspect is easily the best part of the game, so it's kind of a shame that by the end you're just backtracking through cleared areas and not actually exploring.

>>387051326
Sorry to disappoint you, but I actually pirated it when it got cracked a week after release. :~)
>>
File: prey-alex-yu.jpg (192KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
prey-alex-yu.jpg
192KB, 1600x900px
He did nothing wrong
>>
File: IMG_2527.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2527.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>387051853
>repetitive, shitty enemies
>areas are all short as shit and are stupid
>can't even explore the entire station even though it's open world
>no weapon variety
>gimmick shit powers and abilities
>awful ending

It's shit.
>>
6/10 for me. I finished it, but in the end I didn't really like it. And theres no way I'll ever want to play it again, thats for sure.
>>
File: 1395421263110.jpg (100KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1395421263110.jpg
100KB, 800x800px
>>387050975
It is a very deceptive 6/10. In the areas it is good in it's excellent (map design, accounting for player interaction, world design) but it is too flawed and does too many things badly to be considered truly great.

If I had to sum it up I would say that it's a very very watered down System Shock which is a lot more than I can say for the Bioshock series. I would still recommend it at a discount price.
>>
>>387050975
10/10 aesthetic and level design, 6/10 everything else. Tries really hard to be the next System Shock but without enough enemy/weapon variety to carry itself throughout all its areas. Goo gun and foam crossbow are fun ideas but overhyped since they're presented as obvious puzzle-solving items that detract from the "organic" feeling that made exploration in SS and Deus Ex fun. Combat gets boring fast unless you spec into Typhon abilities, which are locked until several hours in and which have the Dishonored problem of the game explicitly warning you against using them for no good reason. Still a fun game with a lot to love, but isn't going to have the staying power that Dishonored had.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.