[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just beat this game for the first time How many more times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
I just beat this game for the first time

How many more times do I need to play this game in order to "beat" beat it?
>>
two

and unlike the first game where it starts you off mid-game, you have to play it all over again one more time.
>>
Why don't you play the game and find out faggot
>>
You'll never play the exact same thing again.
Now you get the same story from 9S's perspective and some new parts.
Then you'll get a new storyline with three endings in which you play as three different characters, To get the different endings you just have to replay the final bossfight twice.
>>
>>387049790
Getting ending A isn't beating the game.
>>
I honestly had a hard time connecting with the characters and getting into the story. I just felt nonchalant the entire time. In fact, it felt as if there was no story progress to begin with, like basically the story was just a long series of "do this, now do that."

This could be because I didn't play the original Nier, but isn't this game supposed to be easy to play standalone? Do I need to replay the game in order to "get it?"
>>
>>387049914
You have to play first half again and with considerable differences both in terms of narrative and quests, then access the second half.
Don't spread misinformation like a retard.
>>
If you use a hammer you can beat it into little pieces. Then throw it in the trash where it belongs.
>>
You don't even need to beat it twice. You play the first half a second time but this version is shorter. Then the second half opens up and after you get ending c or d you get the chapter select. When you get chapter select you replay ONE FIGHT and you get the other two endings.
>>
>>387051078
>>387050734

Oh so you aren't actually "replaying" the game
>>
>>387049790
You beat the "whole" game again from 9S perspective. All sidequests you done will not appear + there are some new ones and exclusive cutscenes that give more context.
Also whole new sequence when he was missing during the 2B perspective.
Then you have the third playthrough which is a completely new story. You have to do the final segment twice (luckily you get Chapter Select after first playthrough) to finally unlock the true ending.
>>
Is it worth putting the game on hard? im playing on normal and switched to hard to see what it was like and an enemy half my level too 80% of my health off with one hit. At any rate if I stock up on auto heals surely it won't really matter anyway. It just seems like in a game where you can even pause and binge on heals/buffs difficulty isn't really that big a factor.
>>
>>387052070
>Is it worth putting the game on hard?
No, it's 1hko fest with turned off lock-on. Don't bother and just go on normal, decrease your level with cheat engine if you want challenge.
>>
>>387052379
No lock on doesn't seem to make much sense regarding 1v1's. This game having difficulty levels is the strangest thing given it is ripe for having difficulty built into the game, it akready has a chip system where you can swap out HUD elements for buffs etc, why not just add in lock on chips and do away with difficulty levels altogether?
>>
>>387051073
basically this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.