[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vita or 3DS. I don't know which one to buy. Any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: which one.jpg (215KB, 1611x648px) Image search: [Google]
which one.jpg
215KB, 1611x648px
Vita or 3DS. I don't know which one to buy. Any advice?
>>
Gameboy SP or a standard Advance with a backlight mod

or just run an emulator on your telephone
>>
Both.

Investing in handhelds was the best decision I made this generation.
>>
The 3DS and a PS4.
>>
The 3DS is the worst Nintendo handheld I've owned.

The Vita is the worst CONSOLE I've owned.

Go from there.
>>
3ds
I love my vita but sony doesn't
>>
Ew don't get that model of Vita.

Get the initial release, better screens
>>
File: Nintendont.jpg (923KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendont.jpg
923KB, 3264x1836px
>>387046737
This bad boy.
>>
>>387046829
>Gameboy SP or a standard Advance with a backlight mod
Can be emulated on 3ds and you also miss out on a lot of games
>or just run an emulator on your telephone
Touch screen suck dicks and also the battery life of phones are low
>>
>>387046737
3DS. http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS
>>
More things are being released on the PS4 now than the vita it seems, so you would probably be better off with a 3DS.
>>
The 3ds is the first handheld I've bought since the classic gameboy, and I like it.
Keep in mind that the 3ds is completely hacked so you won't need to buy any games.
>>
File: Vita vidya.jpg (3MB, 1497x6194px) Image search: [Google]
Vita vidya.jpg
3MB, 1497x6194px
>>387046737
I have both with CFW. Rarely even touch my 3DS outside of the stray SMT game really. Vita is used mostly for PSP, PS1 and emus still. At least it does still gets used though.
>>
File: 3DS Vidya.jpg (4MB, 1497x5792px) Image search: [Google]
3DS Vidya.jpg
4MB, 1497x5792px
>>
File: IMG_20170813_091135256.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170813_091135256.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>387046737
Vita
>+Best Handheld made so far
>+Easy as fuck to mod on the right firmware
>+PSN gets sales every so often
>+Play PSP or PS1 games
>+Cross-buy is a thing
>+/-Remote play with PS4 or PS3 with PS1 games.
>-Memory cards in general
>-Though library is larger than 3DS, most of it's games are on other platforms, thus less exclusives

3DS
>+Most of Nintendo's games are solid
>+More exclusives
>+BC with DS games
>+/- Many more variants of the handheld
>-Modding is a pain
>-Rarely any good sales
>-Account handling is still shit

Blow your money and get both.
>>
>>387046737
3DS desu. Vita is mostly inferior ports.
>>
>>387046737
Vita better hardware
3DS better software
CFW fuckall easy to install on 3DS
CFW requires a specific firmware on Vita
>>
>>387046737
PSP
>>
>>387046737
3DS is good if you like Nintendo's games, the usual Dragon Quest/Monster Hunter game and one or two decent JRPGs, everything else, from library to specs ranges from mediocre to atrocious.

Vita is good if you like a large library of multiplats on the go, great specs+controls and a huge library in general, Sony's first party support was half assed and the only big names on it are either western franchises or niche JP games for a more hardcore audience.

Both systems have a fair share of untranslated games that are really worth it, the Vita has a slighter advantage in terms localizations, but since most games are multiplats you have no reason to bother unless you really want a portable, there are still a few really great JP only exclusives on it though.
The 3DS is much easier to break than the Vita, which requires 3.60 or earlier software and proprietary memory cards, but ironically the Vita is also easier on the actual hacking side, not like the 3DS is hard to hack at all, but still.

If you cannot afford both like any respectable Idort, I'd say buy a Vita since it has much better specs and a much larger library with much better choice and quality overall, but I don't really care about Nintendo's games as much as you could and I got a bit burned by the 3DS' lackluster library coming from the DS, but take this with a grain of salt anyway, the best choice is always getting both.
>>
>>387047387
How great is Vita for emulation?

NES,SNES,N64,PS1,GBC,GBA
>>
File: 1500838948708.gif (680KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1500838948708.gif
680KB, 500x496px
>>387046737

Had both, sold 3DS. Vita is superior in every simple way. Don't believe those who say that Vita has no games and 3DS do, they lie; check for yourself.
>>
>>387046737
Switch for modern games, Smartphone + mobile controller for emulation
>>
>>387046737
One is dead and one has games. Take a moment to ponder which is which.
>>
I have both and both have at least a good library.
One thing I'll always say about the vita though: Best d-pad I ever used in my life
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.