[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just started playing dota2 from zero. got a lot of toxicity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DotA2[1].jpg (16KB, 292x136px) Image search: [Google]
DotA2[1].jpg
16KB, 292x136px
>decided to try out dota2 from zero, after years spent on LoL
>thought about LoL toxicity being the worst
>found people that kept flaming me (refusing to speak engish in EUW server) the first game when i asked some advices for playing
>kept flaming even when i said i was new and needed help
>second game: got 9 Afks
what's wrong with this game?
>>
Back to plebbit League babe. Dota is too much for you.
>>
>>387044146
The first couple of games in dota are dumb, they need to calibrate and make sure you're not a smurf account. All mobas are flamy and trash, there isn't one that does not have ragers every game.

The only difference is dota is not region filtered like lol clients, so hence more cross lang flam.
>>
All mobas are garbage when playing alone. Get bunch of friends and have fun.

t. been playing dota for 15 years now, I never queue alone.
>>
i would say to give it a couple more games. My experience was that the first 2 games were complete shitshows filled with griefers and obvious smurf accounts. Then after those 2 games the system figured out where it thought I should be and I got games with actual real players that were close to my skill level and were trying to play the game correctly. YMMV I guess, I didnt play on EUW.
>>
File: dacs.png (163KB, 566x227px) Image search: [Google]
dacs.png
163KB, 566x227px
>people who are bad enough to get matched up with new players flame the new players
>>
>>387044146
The only good thing about dota is custom maps.
The only good thing about lol is aram mode
>>
>>387044146
you either need to get friends to play with or completely emotionally detach yourself and become a dota learning drone. when I started playing I just did my best to be friendly, helpful, and use the mic a lot. then I added anyone that was friendly back.
>>387044394
bad players in a f2p game are about as low as humanity can get. he's getting flamed by poverty russians with the same IQ as a rat.
>>
>>387044146
>what's wrong with this game?

play with bots. seriously: WHY the fuck should I WASTE my time waiting for someone to learn ?
>>
>>387044931
Stop being garbage that gets matched with new players?

But seriously OP, practice against bots and used the in game guide(not default, the community's)
>>
>>387044146
same thing that's wrong with all MOBAs: they are too dependant on the human element to be played properly, and instead devolve into whatever the fuck you wanna call the bullshit that follows.

consider this: you are a 'good' dota player. you are one of ten people in the game. you can only affect the outcome of the game so much. try to transcend the toxicity and focus on improving your individual skill.

that, or just do NOT get into it. seriously. the game is amazing, by far the best moba, but it's just a huge waste of time. I've been playing since beta but now i uninstall for long periods of time because it just demands too much.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.