[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Retarded shit devs shouldn't have put in their games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px)
1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Seriously, what's the point of those backer npcs and memorials aside from shitting up the game?
>>
I'm going to respond to your stupid question. I don't know why I am, but I am.

It's a tradeoff. Someone out there contributing a thousand bucks towards the development of this game is a lot more like to do it with an incentive.

Having a character you made put into a video game is a pretty big deal. Even if it's some random NPC no one will ever talk to.

In my opinion it actually works out pretty well. It adds a little depth to what is otherwise filler background NPCs. And some people actually like to read a shit ton so whatever.
>>
They're backer shit. People who paid enough money got to put their shit on the gravestones or the backer backstories.
>>
>>387042241
>it actually works out pretty well.
>dozens of Godlikes because everyone needs to be a special snowflake
>they are supposed to be rare according to the lore
>majority of the stories is utter shit
Can't believe there's no mod to get rid of them. These backer NPCs are cancer.
>>
>>387041367
Half of Witcher 3
>item rarity
It's not fucking Diablo or other grindy hack'n'slash, you can't respan bosses and builds are shit
>leveling
It should be an action advendure from beginning. Monsters should be difficult because of different moves, not higher lvl
>that Ghost Lamp and Illusion Talisman
Why give me two "puzzle" items if you literally never use them again? When i got them i thought it would be like Zelda where you could use those in some quests or progress differently etc. Meanwhile they are total gargabe
>fill eq with useless shit
99% of things you find are pure gargabe, 100% if you use Witcher Gear, their only purpose is to sell them for some money to merchants
>order of quests
you can actually go to Skellige first and it will then trigger different cutscenes and dialogues in the main story but what's the fucking point if leveling actually shows you which way you have to go, make it more linear but more polished
>minimap and witcher senses
Witcher 3 has a great level design, locations are very detailed and look great but for fucks sake, most of the time you look either at minimap or at red signs from Witcher Senses, it's all fucking pointless

And i could go and go on.
>>
File: 2015.03.02.jpg (496KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015.03.02.jpg
496KB, 1920x1080px
When will this meme finally die? I want this shit out of my video games.
>>
>>387041367
the tranny poem memorial was pretty cool desu
>>
>>387041367
Whether it is a publisher or a backer devs have to do stupid things sometimes to please their piggy bank.

We all have bosses and sometimes they are idiots.Especially true for KS.
>>
File: 4532367843214.jpg (216KB, 650x658px) Image search: [Google]
4532367843214.jpg
216KB, 650x658px
>>387041367
Worst thing is it broke muh immersion.
And not only because of donutsteel OCs, no.
Because I could [Reach out for the soul] even before my character was aware of the whole Watcher concept and being one.
That betrayed dead guy in a bear cave at the very beginning? That's fine, that doesn't contradict the character who just stumbles into it, unlike the whole reaching out for the soul of muh backer oc.
What were they thinking
>>
>>387041367
>>387045094
I thought pillars was supposed to be GOAT?
>>
It's 100% ignorable and really easy to avoid. Devs needed some incentive for backers to donate shitloads of money. There's literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>387041367
for world and lore building. to bad the lore of the game is garbage.
>>
File: 1501791310365.png (45KB, 778x512px)
1501791310365.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>387041367
I wouldnt mind if they blended with the world, but as some anon already pointed out many of them are the supposedly rare godlike (because they just HAD to chose the snowflake race) and have names that have nothing to do with the language of the region.
The worst I've seen is a guy named BRAD FURY or somesuch standing in an inn in defiance bay and his story is about how he fights a bunch of dangerous monsters by himself (guls and other undead IIRC), then one manages to bite a few fingers of his hand off and hes like "no sweat" and rips the mangled fingers before keeping on fighting.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.