[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Gravity Rush 2 bomb so bad sales wise? >great concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 21

File: Gravity-Rush-2-Image-01.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gravity-Rush-2-Image-01.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why did Gravity Rush 2 bomb so bad sales wise?

>great concept
>10/10 aesthetics
>fun as hell mechanics
>kat
>god tier music
>>
File: 1493226431984.jpg (415KB, 1069x737px) Image search: [Google]
1493226431984.jpg
415KB, 1069x737px
Sony didn't put much effort into advertising it in the west, and its kind of a niche game. Those two combined will only lead to poor sales.
>>
It wasn't really fun and has a short runtime. A lack of multiplayer makes players feel progress or skill doesn't matter because there isn't a way to show it to others. Wasn't a strong marketing campaign to push it along with being a newer IP many don't know if. Expensive launch price compared to other releases. Mixed reception from steamers and YouTube. I liked it.
>>
>anime ““““art”””” ““““““““““““““style”””””””””””””””

That's why
>>
>>387035408
I bought my copy. Yet to finish it but I'm having more fun with it than the first, which I thought was absolute shit
>>
>25 fps
>>
>>387035408
>PS4 exclusive
That's why. Steam would've ate this game up. Was the money that Sony gave them to keep it exclusive worth the lost PC sales? Doubtful. Hell, even having an xbone version would've helped them.
>>
>>387035614
>Sony didn't put much effort into advertising it in the west

I blame this the most. In Japan:

-Gravity Rush 2 demo early
-Gravity Rush HD free for PS plus the month before release of 2.
-Sony put an actual commercial on TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0INIMjvtCL4

Sony thinks some games of its Japan Studio are just too weeb and lets them die.
>>
>>387035669
>cel shading is now anime
Okay
>>
Did it reallg bomb? It didnt do too well here because no marketing but I assume it sold great in Japan
>>
>>387035924
You're retarded
Also there is an anime prequel to the game
>>
Bought Gravity Rush Remastered for PS4 yesterday. I like the presentation, as in the music and artstyle, but I always imagined the gameplay a little more fast paced.
Also stupid quests like "move these 10 trash items to my backyard using your force field" aren't fun at all.
Are there more fun mechanics and gameplay elements that I unlock later? How does GR 2 improve gameplay wise?
>>
>>387035669
And Persona 5 did gangbusters why?
>>
Sony didn't seem to have much confidence in it in the west so they never really advertised it.
It's a real shame, if games like Fire Emblem can sell over a million on 3DS I see no reason why something like this couldn't have sold decently on PS4 if it was actually advertised
>>
>>387035819
Isn't it first party?

Also

>xbone

lol
>>
>>387035815
consistent 30 on both pro and base if I remember correctly
>>
>>387036012
sure pleb, as if you could tell the difference
>>
>>387035939
It sold about 75,000 first week, ended up with like 130,000 I think.

Average. But then again, consoles are dead in Japan.
>>
>>387035819
>Japan studio, a sony owned development studio

Yeah it should have had a pc and xbox version

You fucking retard
>>
>>387035408
Because it's kind of bland to be honest.
>>
>>387036003
do you realise how long it took for Fire Emblem to crack the western market?
>>
Complaining the concept is hard, you don't just or fly you fall.
>>
>>387036012
It's certainly not a consistent 30 on an OG ps3.
>>
>>387035856
Not to mention it had no damn mainstage mention at e3 when it literally would have taken a few damn minutes. That's just neglectful
>>
>>387036007
>>387036068
Well yeah, it was made by a studio owned by Sony but just like Microsoft makes software for Macs, by not releasing it on multiple platforms they lost what, a thousand sales if not more?
>>
>>387035408
You're a delusional weeb. In reality that is a game made for complete creeps with generic gameplay and annoying music.
>>
>>387035962
Matrix had an anime too so Matrix is anime now, okay that makes perfect sense.
>>
File: download.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>
>>387035408
Once you get past the gravity gimmick you see that there's nothing really of worth to it. You're just repeating the same quests over and over with very little variation.
It's basically still the tech demo it was on the Vita
>>
File: 1502206893626.gif (2MB, 410x231px) Image search: [Google]
1502206893626.gif
2MB, 410x231px
>>387035641
>A lack of multiplayer makes players feel progress or skill doesn't matter because there isn't a way to show it to others.
I sincerely, sincerely hope there is nobody who actually thinks like this about video games
>>
It also came out at a time when AAA blockbusters were releasing every week, so even some people who had some interest in it had to pass it up because they were already invested in Yakuza 0 or Nioh or Nier Automata. And that figure includes me.
>>
>>387036151
>creeps
are you 12/a girl?
>>
>>387036063
>>387036123

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-gravity-rush-2-tech-analysis

> Whether you're playing on a base PS4 or a Pro, you can expect that the overwhelming majority of your time with the game will be spent at a locked 30 frames per second.
>We had to spend hours playing the game before running across any situations in which slowdown popped up and, even then, it happens so infrequently that it is not really an issue.
>>
>>387036305
>this creep wants to stalk 12 year old girls
Fucking hell man.
>>
>>387035856
>Sony thinks some games of its Japan Studio are just too weeb and lets them die.
It's not even that, they just don't seem to have faith in certain concepts they bankroll.
>Tearaway Vita and then Tearaway PS4 both not only had no advertising but the differences between the two weren't even clear until the PS4 version came out.
>Folklore
>Puppeteer
>Freedom Wars
>Gravity Rush
Some of the games get a second shot like Tearaway and Gravity Rush but even then they seem to half ass how they advertise stuff in the west so you never hear of it despite all the work and love going into the games. Hell, I didn't even know Gravity Rush and Tearaway existed until people here posted about them.
>>
>>387035408
The gameplay is shit, the world and the art is top notch, Kat is a lovely character, the world is huge and has interessting places, but the GAMEPLAY is boring as fuck.

I played Gravity Rush 1 for one hour and dropped it, I wish it had better gameplay.
>>
>>387036150
how is releasing exclusives on multiple platforms working out for the xbox
>>
File: silky smooth they said.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
silky smooth they said.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>387036314
This review only experienced the first few hours. Don't even start on the pop-in problem.
>>
>>387036314
>We had to spend hours playing the game before running across any situations in which slowdown popped up and, even then, it happens so infrequently that it is not really an issue.
Funny, I ran into some drops minutes into the game, hell the game even glitched out and crashed a few timesbut that's not what we're talking about here, so either they're lying or they recieved a special copy.
>>
I wonder if I own this game. I have no fucking idea.
>>
Gravity rush is completely mediocre, that's the problem. It isn't particularly good, but it also isn't bad enough to complain or meme about. You could buy it full price and feel like it was alright, but on sale it's still just average. The world is fairly empty and combat is just passable, not that engaging or tense. I can't think of anything worthwhile.
>>
File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
Cause weeb games don't sell on the Normiestation. Even their own exclusives won't sell unless it has a 4 THE GAYMERS stamped on it.

>pic related
>80+ million consoles sold
>only 2 million lifetime sales
>>
>>387035408
>rather niche Vita game that relied heavily on Vita gimmicks
>make the sequel PS4 exclusive
>barely improve it for the jump to consoles beside some grafix
Sony only made the game hoping to trick some Vitards to move over to PS4. Failing to realize nobody gave a shit about the original beyond the gimmick only possible on the Vita.
>>
>>387036417
Those fucking hands tank the framerate hard whenever they show up, why they thought it was a good idea is beyond me.
>>
>>387035408
GR is a weeb game made for the Vita. The PS4 is the dudebro console. It's not hard to figure out.
>>
File: psngravity.png (145KB, 998x415px) Image search: [Google]
psngravity.png
145KB, 998x415px
>>387036447
Huh, I do own it. Is it shit?
>>
>>387036486
bloodborne would unironically sell more on the switch
>>
>>387035408
>fun as hell mechanics
They were very bland.
>>
Niche japanese games can't even survive Japan only anymore which is why a majority gets localized. All niche weeb games benefits from a PC port now a days. I don't really think that's possible for GR though.
>>
>>387036275
Him thinking multiplayer is necessary in a game like this aside GR is extremely repetitive in terms of missions and such. You don't really feel like you're progressing until you reach Hekseville.
>>
>>387036705
And PC.
>>
>>387036743
Nah, they were fun
>>
>>387036792
>Nah
This is how to spot a salty sperg.
>>
>>387036781
bloodborne would only sell more on pc now because they love console ports

if it was exclusive to pc at first no one would care
>>
>>387036792
It was amusing for a while running around, but not for long.
Combat is literally just the same fly kick until an OP special move charges up, while movement isn't very involved either.
Sliding was sorta neat, I guess.

I absolutely adored the rest, but I think the gameplay was badly done.
>>
>>387035408
I'd love to play this.
But I'm not buying a console for one game.
>>
>>387036660
>>387036478
There's a reason you forgot you own it. Everything is just kind of flat. World is big but empty and not worth exploring. Character designs are good but they have no personality. Falling is fun but it ruins the combat (which isn't diffiicult or bad, just not tense or skill based at all). If you play it you won't regret the time you spent but there are hundreds of better things you could do with your time.
>>
>>387036792
Gravity mechanics like that are fairly common usually as a smaller aspect of a larger game so there's something to bolster it at the very least. Gravity Rush just has the entire game be that mechanic with very little depth to it, you can't even experiment with it given how limited it is.
>>
>>387036943
This makes perfect sense considering the games that sell the most on PC are exclusive to PC.
>>
>>387036943
>Nobody would care about a new souls-esque game from From

What are you even saying?
>>
>>387036943
Erm sorry sweetie, dota
>>
>>387035408
Because the gameplay is mediocre and boring. The fact that 99% of /v/ GR threads is just Kat posting really confirms this. Bought it and regret it immensely.
>>
>>387037003
so how does 2 improve on that?
>>
>>387036961
Flying around is fun for hours
You can mix the combat up by using stasis field and other styles. Movement is involved you're going against airborne navi
Sliding across buildings was fun.
It's gameplay was pretty fun, you just have to put some effort into it
>>
>>387035970
Gravity Rush 2 adds two movement modes, a heavier one and a lighter one. Movement is very fun in the lighter one, you can jump super high and spring over huge gaps without shifting, feels like you're on the moon.
>>
>>387037136
It's very barebones man, don't deny it.
The rest of the game was amazing, just accept that the game you like has a few flaws.
>>
>>387035408
The concept is great(execution is so so) but it's not palatable for the casual audience, this is why niche games are niche.
The industry is suffering even more from it now because thanks to e-celebs and much more aggressive marketing it's very easy for a game to bomb if it's not a part of the general narrative circlejerk of either the industry or internet.

You'd think games like Umihara Kawase would be all the rage among platormer fans, instead they're niche stuff hardly anybody knows.
>>
File: CegpA2RWAAEz3u1.jpg (150KB, 600x906px) Image search: [Google]
CegpA2RWAAEz3u1.jpg
150KB, 600x906px
Just wants her to be irl
>>
>>387035712
Bought the sequel to a game you thought was shit. Hhmmmm I kinda like your style. Do you happen to be a collectionfag? How many ps4 games do you own? If I had the it would have been fun to collect the ps4s catalog as it released
>>
>>387037242
It was pretty barebones but saying that it was just gravity kick the whole game is factually incorrect if we're talking about 2. If we're talking about 1 I agree
>>
>>387035970
>Are there more fun mechanics and gameplay elements that I unlock later?
Not really aside from upgrading what you already can do. Even if you get bored the game's not that long and most of the side missions aren't as bad as the one you mentioned.
>How does GR 2 improve gameplay wise?
There are 2 gravity styles that change how movement and combat work, and there are items that give passive upgrades too. Stasis fields are also way more useful since you don't float whenever you activate one now.
>>
>>387037003
What other games have similar movement mechanics?
>>
>>387037426
They were both on sale at the same time, and I don''t like playing sequels without beating the first. sorry im a digitalfag
>>
>>387037498
Well yeah, exaggeration on my part. Still though, the gameplay was a pretty huge turn off.
That being said, the concept was amazing and I reckon they basically nailed everything besides the combat. I'm also guilty of mucking around throwing people off ledges and just generally flying around.
>>
>>387035408
I can't speak for everyone, but I loved Gravity Rush Remastered and platinummed it. But when I tried the demo, it just felt like more of the same. Maybe I'll come back to 2 in a couple years when I'm bored.
>>
>>387036386
Really well actually. Even if a majority the sales are PC. That is everything to do with xbox being a undesireable console and doesn't really apply to PS4 though.

See GoW4 sales, Forza Horizon sales and etc
>>
>>387035970
>Are there more fun mechanics and gameplay elements that I unlock later?
Nope. The first 20 minutes of the game is the entire thing. Thats it, thats the game. You will spam gravity kick in 90% of battles and occasionally do the super attacks. The whole world is big and very open but its also very empty. The only thing to find are energy crystals to upgrade your character and make explorations to get more energy crystals faster.
>>
>>387037113
It doesn't.
>>
>>387037726
The movement was fun though. Most fun I've had traveling in a video game in years. Lunar mode was the shit
>>
>>387035408
Niche game on a single platform filled with dude bros.
>>
File: 1490726386927.jpg (47KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1490726386927.jpg
47KB, 630x630px
>>387035408
I love Gravity Rush 1 a lot, but I think GR2 was bogged down with a slow start, a lot of bad stealth sections, and drawn out needle-in-a-haystack side quests.

But even if it weren't, the anime-esque art style is still pretty niche. It feels like whether a weeb game picks up attention is often just down to luck.
>>
I don't know, games like Ni No Kuni did surprisingly well in the west

Maybe because it launched during the crowded holiday season and after The Last Guardian that sold 1 million
>>
I do hope they make a third game because there is so much room for improvement. Fill the world with stuff to collect, find and use. For example in the first game they tell you to collect trash furniture to decorate your room. I thought this was an actual feature and got hyped but no it wasnt. In 3 they could hide so much furniture and clothing in the map and it would make exploration a lot better.
>>
>>387037498
>but saying that it was just gravity kick the whole game is factually incorrect if we're talking about 2
It's still kind of true in 2 seeing as there are only a small amount of moments where you can't actually use your powers
>>
>>387038027
Ni No Kuni was semi-hyped. I wonder if the sequel will do as well. Decent amount of advertising too.
>>
File: 1486006464715.jpg (84KB, 600x845px) Image search: [Google]
1486006464715.jpg
84KB, 600x845px
>>387035408
Core gameplay was complete ass.

Literally felt like the guys just went "dude flying around in a videogame as a cute anime girl would be awesome, lets make an awesome studio ghibli world too!!!"

"Okay, but what about the gameplay?"

"Lol we'll figure it out later!"
>>
PS4 is a dudebro console

Would be better on literally any other platform
>>
>>387035408
The real issue was that GR was a vita title that only a small minority of people played. The majority of PS4 owners probably still don't even know what the game is about.
>>
Gameplay's always looked mediocre to me and I don't care for the manga presentation it has at points.
>>
>>387038027
TLG only sold 1mil? jesus that's bad, the game was in development for like 10 years & switched multiple studio's

Ueda ain't working for Sony no more that's for sure
>>
File: 1497992365942.png (920KB, 837x743px) Image search: [Google]
1497992365942.png
920KB, 837x743px
PS4 is a FIFAbox where games that actually try and do fairly original things don't sell very well. They should have made it more 'cinematic'
>>
>>387038178
The gameplay is the mobility. The variety of combat options is not the focus, your ability to position yourself is. The draw is meant to come from you having completely free movement and using that.

The game is directly comparable to the likes of Just Cause 2 or Crackdown.

It pulled that off wonderfully, especially with Lunar adding a secondary movement style.

I honestly have no idea what they could have added that would maintain this without the game turning into a combo-based action game, which is not what it was going for at all.
>>
>>387037730
>But when I tried the demo, it just felt like more of the same.
It starts off like that but it gets better after a little while.

>>387038009
>a lot of bad stealth sections
It actually doesn't feel like there were that many. The one in the Raven DLC was kind of annoying though.
>>
>>387035408
Sony didn't advertise it. It's a fairly niche game. The camera is annoying in remotely tight spaces. Obnoxious waifufags turned everyone else off the series.

Take your pick.
>>
>>387038390
>where games that actually try and do fairly original things don't sell very well.
So the same as all platforms then?
>>
>>387038415
>which is not what it was going for at all.
Maybe it should be instead of just being a glorified tech demo.
>>
>>387035408
It is niche beyond niche. It's a fucking shame, because even through the frustrations i had at times, it's my second favourite game of the year. I'd kill for a 3rd, explaining what happened to Kat, being able to play as Kat and Raven, and going even further down the world pillar.
>>
>>387038158
That's more of an issue with missions and I'd agree with you on that
>>
>>387038415
Holy shit dude, stop beating around the bush. Everyone in the thread is calling the combat shit. It's shit. It's awkward, slow, and repetitive. Just fucking accept it it.

Just Cause 2 and Crackdown had fun combat. This doesn't. Just stop.
>>
>>387038009
>a lot of bad stealth sections
There were three in the entire game, and two were optional IIRC.

This is the definition of people massively exaggerating an issue. I see the stealth sections mentioned as a negative every time when they make up such a tiny part of the game And they're not even that bad when you realise you can stand on the sides of buildings to avoid guards on top of the buildings and walk round them, making it feel like some spy flick shit.
>>
>Why did Gravity Rush 2 bomb so bad sales wise?

Because it released in one of the most stacked Q1's ever.

Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier Automata; there was just no room for GR2 because its audience was busy elsewhere.
>>
>>387035408
Because people played the remaster and realized it sucks.
>>
Exclusive niche game where sony barely helps in advertising but they'll jerkoff about how much of an exclusive it is
>>
>>387038550
You are the kind of person who complains that the guns in bioshock suck
>>
>>387038550
No it's not
>just agree with me already!!
>Just cause 2 had fun combat
kill yourself
>>
>>387038415
>The game is directly comparable to the likes of Just Cause 2 or Crackdown.
so that's why it's shit
>>
>>387038568
pretty sure it sold more than most of those
>>
>>387038509
It sounds like you want it to be just a different game entirely. No thanks.

Combo based combat wouldn't have fit Gravity Rush at all and would have completely taken the focus away from the players mobility, something the game is DESIGNED AROUND AT ITS CORE.

>>387038550
What fucking bush am I beating around? I said it clearly, the combat options are not the point here, the mobility is. What else could I say that is more straightforward than that?

And don't say "lmao just stop" when discussing something. It's fucking dumb.
>>
File: 1453822495434.gif (210KB, 459x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453822495434.gif
210KB, 459x480px
>that one guy in the thread defending the game

kek
>>
>>387038642
>No it's not
not him but it is kid and JC2 did do the same things better by adding physics enabled environments to the equation that actually made combat a bit fun to mess around with.

GR is boring
>>
>>387038723
shoo shoo frogposter
>>
>>387035408
Because the game got outweebed by some other waifufaggery of a game, is that good enough?
>>
>>387036275
That's the mainstream view of gaming these days. Just look at TF2 adding the level up crap.

I don't like it either but that's how it's become.
>>
>>387038763
The actual shooting and driving was mediocre and the grappling hook is very situational. Movement got boring because everything other than using the grappling hook was shit
>>
>>387038562
>There were three in the entire game, and two were optional IIRC.
Did you even play the game? There are way more than three in the main missions.
>>
>>387038712
>It sounds like you want it to be just a different game entirely
Uh no, combo based gameplay for gravity rush could give the player incentive to "git gud" with the mechanics and dispatch enemies in different ways instead of just safely gravity kicking until they die.
Of course more combat options would have to be added too.
>>
>>387038763
>>387038945
Almost forgot
>physics
nigger gravity rush does this too
>>
>>387038550
>Just Cause 2 and Crackdown had fun combat.
LMAOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>387035970
Nah, it's much more about that stuff than fighting enemies.

Even in 2 there's a little more combat, but the meat of the game is in learning to move fluently and completing obstacle courses of varying kinds.
>>
File: C5RFx-6UoAAaUy4.jpg (99KB, 1000x491px) Image search: [Google]
C5RFx-6UoAAaUy4.jpg
99KB, 1000x491px
>>387038562
>There were three in the entire game
Helping reporter guy, escorting Dr. Bad-touch, getting past robots, getting pictures of military HQ, stealing military supplies, sneaking through Kat's palace.

Yeah, I guess there weren't a huge amount of them. I guess I'm also subconsciously including the tailing missions. Which weren't as bad, but still kind of killed the pacing for me.

>stand on the sides of buildings to avoid guard
But it wasn't always clear where and when you were allowed to use your powers.

There were times I could get away with jumping down the side and running along the edge of a building, and times where I failed instantly for flying off the ground at all.
>>
>>387039017
>nigger gravity rush does this too
now you are just shitposting. JC2 does it on a completely different scale.

demons souls has just as much physics as gravity rush 2.
>>
>>387038712
>the mobility is.
The mobility is even more limited than the combat anon. At this point you're just defending a game that was already stagnant on its first release
>>
>>387039142
>JC2 does this on a completely different scale
Stapling things to other things can only be entertaining for so long
>demons souls has just as much physics as gravity rush
oh you're just retarded
>>387039151
How is mobility limited
>>
Admit is a shit game already. Kat is not even cute. The only cute girl is the blue haired loli with split personality.
>>
>>387039292
>How is mobility limited
How isn't it?
Your positioning isn't even a factor after all.
>>
>>387039151
>the mobility is limited
Excuse me, what? Under what definition is the mobility limited?

>>387038989
A combo based system is literally the last thing the game needs. The entire focus is on your ability to move, adding any sort of combo system moves the focus into just that and not your mobility.

>>387039295
If you need to be making a post that is just "admit it's shit already omg", consider that your argument is retarded.
>>
>>387039292
>Stapling things to other things can only be entertaining for so long
Longer than GR is fun, that's for sure. And I'm not being retarded there's no difference in the applications it's all for show.
>>
>>387039142
>demons souls has just as much physics as gravity rush 2.
You literally have an attack to pick up nearby objects and use them as projectiles. Cant do that in demons.
>>
File: 1493735764159.jpg (351KB, 850x634px) Image search: [Google]
1493735764159.jpg
351KB, 850x634px
>>387035856
I'm still surprised they haven't put GR1 on PS+ before GR2 release in the West. It costs them nothing and serves as a free advertisement for the second game
>>
>>387035970
The gravity stasis in the first game was incredibly rough, but I got used to it.

It's not convenient for combat until GR2 though, which gives it a big overhaul.
>>
>>387035408
>pretty bad, repetitive mission design
>very bad camera and controlling Kat doesnt always feel good
>changing gravity styles doesn't make much sense for the most part, there is no decision making or tactical complexity
>side missions are all fetch quest that don't even give any kind of rewards (some stories are cute in them though)
>and worst of all, forced stealth segments

I enjoyed the game for what it was, it was indeed very cute with charming story. But gameplay wasn't that great.

It didn't sell well because it is a niche Japanese game, it's weird and Sony did absolutely no marketing for it.
>>
>>387039390
>The entire focus is on your ability to move,
Then why not put some emphasis into that through the combat instead of just making it gravity kick: the game. Even a basic combo system would improve the game in that regard because you would have to take your positioning as well as what you're carrying in your statistics field into account to maintain the combo.

See how this works?
>>
>>387039381
>Your positioning isn't a factor at all
You'd think that'd mean that it isn't limited at all
>>387039393
>it's all for show
That's what jc2 was. It was to look cool and cause explosions and shit so why doesn't it apply there?
>>
>>387039390
>The entire focus is on your ability to move
I have not played GR2 but in the first game it was actually difficult to move while in combat midair. I didnt have a lot of maneuverability and found myself most of the time just floating still and spamming gravity kick which had auto assist aim and the super attacks were mostly auto like the homing rocks.
>>
File: summer kat.png (975KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
summer kat.png
975KB, 900x900px
>>387035614
Pretty much this.
>>
>>387039656
>You'd think that'd mean that it isn't limited at all
You'd think so but it does the exact opposite seeing as it ensures one method of dispatch being the best rather than multiple methods.
It doesn't help that it's hard to change you trajectory quickly.
>>
>That unseen 64 video yesterday where Sony managed to kill a $20 million dollar F2P MOBA through sheer incompetence and killed a more promising third person shooter as an after effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux2YRVokMGo

Is anyone really surprised at this point? GR2 and TLG got the same treatment where they were put at the front of the dashboard on release and then dropped the next week. The middling reviews for both and neo-Sony "fans" who hate Weeb/Cel-Shaded games and call them "MS Paint games" didn't help but Sony just never bothered and sent them to die. GR2 and TLG even flopped in Japan, Sony was that incompetent.
>>
>>387035408
It got outshined by Horizon: Zero Dawn. I feel bad for it, any other year and it would've been a fairly good exclusive but Horizon just shat all over it with quality, production value and memorableness.
>>
>>387038676
I'd be surprised if it broke million before summer. Nioh broke a mil within a month, Automata did too. It didn't outsell RE7, that's for fucking sure.
>>
File: hero games.jpg (710KB, 965x954px) Image search: [Google]
hero games.jpg
710KB, 965x954px
>>387035408
>Why did Gravity Rush 2 bomb so bad sales wise?

Because the infamous series is more fun with it's powers
>>
>>387039950
TLG also had problems of its own like the fact it was vaporware for 10 years.
>>
>>387039836
>one method of dispatch
are you talking about 1 or 2?
>>
>>387040002
If anything, Horizon outshone Automata. RE7 outshone GR2 because Sony wanted to push their VR.
>>
>>387040002
BULLSHIT

Nioh and Nier released then and did well themselves
>>
>>387040031
>Nioh broke a mil within a month
2 weeks. A sequel is pretty much coming after that.
>>
PS4
>>
>>387040109
Lets be real, Horizon outshone everything this year. Not often a game of that quality comes out.
>>
>>387040093
Does it make a difference when the gravity kick is the best option? Even fast moving enemies have a period where they stand still making Lunar's faster attacks pointless
>>
>>387040190
If Horizon "Outshone" everything this year. Why has an Early Access Massively Multiplayer PC exclusive shooter sold twice as many copies and is being considered an early contender for GOTY alongside Zelda BOTW and Persona 5 while Horizon has been relegated to "also ran" status? And there is still many potential GOTY contenders to come like Destiny 2, Mario Odessey and Wolfenstien: New Colossus.

HZD will probably be forgotten as quickly as Uncharted 4.
>>
>>387035408
the parts where you fight flying enemies made me want to kill myself. There shouldve been a lock on button
>>
>>387040190
Everything on the PS4 at least.
>>
File: 1502217828158.jpg (23KB, 650x453px) Image search: [Google]
1502217828158.jpg
23KB, 650x453px
>why did a mediocre weeb game that game out near releases of proper games sold like shit

Hint: Nobody cares about it. If Kat was a guy you wouldn't be complaining about the bombed sales.
>>
>>387040384
HZD has already been forgotten.
>>
>>387040291
It's your own fault for not using anything other than gravity kick then you dumb faggot
>>
>>387040494
Yet keeps selling week and week out
>>
>>387035408
Gameplay was awful
>>
>>387039950
That Gnome game sounds pretty rad.
>>
>>387040546
Why would I purposely gimp myself?
There's no incentive to use anything else unless the game forces you to.
>>
>>387040190
Sales-wise? Most likely.

I still haven't started it myself, too busy playing other games. Even if I contributed to the statistic by buying it back in May.

I'm a bit tired of open world games set in the wilderness.
>>
File: 1495469738853.jpg (91KB, 944x256px) Image search: [Google]
1495469738853.jpg
91KB, 944x256px
>female protagonist without a strong male lead at the very least
>>
>>387040550
It hasn't done that in a while anon.
>>
>>387040638
Fuck off
>>
>>387035408
because its a faggot game for faggot cucks
>>
Who else thinks that this could have been an interesting platformer? The forced fighting mechanics and shitty story ruined it for me.
>>
>>387035408
thought the first game on vita was a total turd that people only pretended to like because that system had nothing

looked at footage of 2 and thought it looked just as shitty to try and control

Toyama needs to go back and make horror games
>>
>>387040706
https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

Still charting in NPD too.
>>
>>387040618
You're gimping yourself by not using anything else
>>
>>387036417
>Not playing on Ps4 Pro
What a pleb
>>
>>387036275
Most millenials do
>>
>>387038390
GR sucks, but what a shame about TLG, literally GOTY last year
>>
File: gfs_218080_2_142.jpg (48KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_218080_2_142.jpg
48KB, 960x544px
>>387038009
there were like 2 or 3 stealth sections in the whole game and they weren't that bad
>>
>>387040879
Uh no, you lose damage by using Lunar and speed and accuracy in Jupiter.
The regular kick is the best option in all three areas.
>>
>>387040709
Found the waifufag.
>>
>>387041025
Stasis field is more overpowered than any of those. Did you even play it?
>>
>>387036275
I don't think the game would work with multiplayer or even be fun. It is a major thing common players want when they buy a new game. It adds extra value to the purchase of the title and value to their subscription to Plus/Live.
>>
>>387038676
Nope. Even Yakuza 0 pushed 200k more units than GR2
>>
>>387041134
Statis is "OP" with the homing anon that requires you to use your special meter. It's also not very powerful. Gravity kick can be used at any time to quickly dispatch an enemy.

Feel free to check for yourself.
>>
>>387041016
6 or 7 main missions featured stealth elements. That's around 20% of the main campaign.
>>
>>387035408
ps4 exclusive
since 99% of consoles owners are dudebros, it sold bad.
>>
>>387041134
>stasis
>have to go up and down collecting things to throw
>kick
>just kick
What
>>
>>387041408
With stasis field you don't have to get close so there's almost no risk to using it and there are things to pick up in almost every area. Even if throwing a single object doesn't do as much damage as gravity kick you can throw multiple objects at once
>>
>>387041715
>he can't aim from the ground
>>
>>387035408
Female protagonist. So it pushed out dudebro.
Anime aesthetic. So it pushed out sjws (which don't play games from the beginning).
Non-moe anime aesthetic. So it pushed out otaku.

The only one that could possibly interested is hardcore gamers which appreciate unique gameplay. A rare breed in movie-centric Playstation 4 fanbase.
>>
>>387041025
>lose damage by using Lunar and speed and accuracy in Jupiter.
Jupiter attacks work best on the ground for attacks, counters, and the fast slide kick. The gravity kick is the worst part of the set and only useful for specific situations. It was a mistake to emphasize it during the tutorial without explaining good ways to use the mode even though the developers clearly put thought into it. I will also add that lunar allows you to close the gap between you and the enemy quicker. You can change back to normal for a stronger follow up combo after you kick away from the enemy in lunar style. There are plenty of options to give the game variety if you use them.
>>
>>387035408
Because of that disgusting anime style.
>>
>>387041967
Up and down figuratively you tard not literally.
>>
>>387041892
So basically you're only measuring it by risk rather than the three previous aspects.

>>387042147
The point here is why would you use them over the vanilla kick anon. And even on the ground speed is an issue for Jupiter. As for lunar closing the gap isn't much of an issue to begin with.
>>
>>387040886
>game is unplayable on base PS4
>solution is to buy a new console
No.
>>
>>387042532
Throwing multiple objects at once is going to do more damage than vanilla kicks and we seem to have drifted from the previous topic. You're claiming there's no variety because you only use gravity kick. your boredom is caused by your retardation
>>
>>387042532
>The point here is why would you use them

I spent a lot of time grinding for gems for the trophy. Using all of the modes made the fights go faster. Jupiter in particular will tear through the armored enemies with a slide kick followed up by ground attacks. Most importantly, it is fun.
>>
Sony has no respect for it's japanese exclusives in the west. They get swept away and instead sony invests marketing budget into "Play it first on PS4" multiplat-garbage.
>>
>>387035408
Barely marketed and it launched in January.
>>
It's structure was really weird. It felt like a 3 episode episodic tv show with a slim main plot
>>
File: 1502615597598.jpg (38KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1502615597598.jpg
38KB, 467x700px
Sonygros don't like good games. Instead they blow their money in madden, fifa, nba, cod, bf and gta.
>>
I played GR1 and I have mixed feelings. The game play was great, I truly enjoyed the level creation and the mobility, but it lacks a lot and it looks like the sequel didn't do much other than upgrade MUH GRAPHICS they kept the same shitty anime style cutscenes (passable on vita but unacceptable for PS4) they didn't introduce any great new core gameplay elements. the story, while mildly entertaining, did not make me go "boy oh boy when is part two coming out". Sony just fucking sucks at making games.
>>
>>387042687
Should've traded that Ps4 for a Pro when they were selling like hot cakes before the Pros relese date anon.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.