[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games with exelent melee feedback?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 22

File: Jam.jpg (970KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jam.jpg
970KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMSJIH3KgM4

There are a lot of games about hitting living things with weapons or even your fists. Why is it then that so many of them have awful feedback or more often little to no thought put into it at all? So many games about swinging sharp things around yet they all feel like you're swinging a blunt stick.

By feedback i mean the use of gore, animations and sound effects when you hit something.

This thread came to my mind after seeing that one guy trying to get a Nioh general on this board going for days now. Nioh has some fucking awful enemy feedback considering where it comes from and I've only seen a couple of people mention it. Almost everything about it is mismanaged. First of all the sound effects are just fucking terrible, it's the "cod guns" of melee, hitting someone with a sword results in this pathetic and unsatisfying "fwee" sound that's akin to someone running a fingernail on a rain coat, i don't understand why they thought that sounded good. Even though you can dismember people it seems that the parts you cut off are either random or the the hitboxes are all fucked up because you will stab someone in the chest and their head will pop off like a cartoon. Finally and worst of all, killing an enemy results in a My Little Pony tier fountain of stars and rainbows particle effects followed by a shower of your multicolored loot candy. This so awful, even Diablo 3, where this shit does belong is more subtile about it. It's a huge contrast to the gritty and bleak mood most of the levels try to set.

TLDR: Nioh has shit melee feedback

Anyway, tangent over

>God tier
Ninja Gaiden 2
Razor's Edge

>Honorable mention tier
Witcher 3

For having gameplay bordering on cancerous Wticher 3 and to a less extent 2 has some surprisingly satisfying feedback.

I'll leave the rest to you. REPLY TO MY THREAD
>>
dark souls
>>
>>387035324
>dark souls

Eh...

Yes and no, i wouldn't call it excellent but it's not awful either. Dragon's Dogma would be better example of something that's similar but much better.
>>
File: dm.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
dm.webm
3MB, 800x448px
>>387035128
Dark Messiah.
The directional attacks all have different effects like sumble, stun and knockdown.
Crits can cut off body parts which you can manually aim at.
I love decapping enemies, especially if it's me who does the aiming and not some automatic auto-aim finisher move.
>>
>>387035770
I've seen that game posted a lot and it's definitely the best first person melee I've ever seen. I've been meaning to play it for a long time now...
>>
File: Fuck this place.jpg (86KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck this place.jpg
86KB, 1024x576px
Should have known better, trying to talk about actual video games.
>>
File: 1489626106675.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489626106675.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>387035128
>>Honorable mention tier
>Witcher 3
>>
File: Counter shig.jpg (874KB, 2142x1203px) Image search: [Google]
Counter shig.jpg
874KB, 2142x1203px
>>387036835
I'd love to hear your arguments against it, i really would.
>>
>>387036905
Yeah but instead this thread is going to 404 because of how stupid the OP was
>>
File: 1428818015920.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1428818015920.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>387035128
Killing floor 2 has awesome melee feedback. I love using the sledgehammer.
>>
>>387037229
What's stupid about it?

Put a relevant title, a relevant image, a relevant example and then i elaborate on an example of awful feedback that motivated me to post this thread. What should i have done instead? Put some random off topic """"barista"""" slut as the image? Parrot some e-celeb? Console wars bait? "This game a shit" bait? I'd rather it die than debase myself to that level of mongolism.

besides i can just copy paste it later
>>
Pvk2
>>
File: wtetvm.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wtetvm.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>387035128
>>
>>387037802
Seriously good
>>
>>387037297
Seems kinda choppy.
>>
>>387038015
haha nice
>>
File: warhammerelves.gif (2MB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
warhammerelves.gif
2MB, 900x1000px
>>387037802
Best game.
>>
>>387038142
I was being serious though...
>>
>>387038528
But there were no swords used in that webm.

Seriously though, go look up better videos on it.
>>
File: 148704128265.png (21KB, 215x229px) Image search: [Google]
148704128265.png
21KB, 215x229px
>not even mentionning Chivalry medieval warfare
Fucking pleb
>>
>>387038697
Chivalry is a mixed bag.

When you hit someone with a maul and their head explodes it's great, all the rest of the time it's bordering on Oblivion tier. The death gurgles are pretty good, especially in contrast with the rest of the goofy voice acting.
>>
>>387035128
I highly disagree with your comments on Nioh since the sound and visual effects are solid and varied based on stance and I personally think they just plain look and sound great with high stance attacks being particularly hefty, the parts you cut off are based on attack location which works fine and while the levels aren't all completely dark as they have light sources around the place, the contrast of glowing Amrita and loot gives a great visual spectacle and feedback for celebrating your victory without really being as huge as you're saying.

But anyway, one game I could recommend is Let It Die. Goretastics are really something.
>>
>>387039304
I would even give you the sound effects even though i think you are wrong, but defending the loot piƱata just screams shill/fanboy.

The delimb system is 100% NOT based on what extremity you hit or has some fucked up hitboxes. This is immediately obvious.
>>
>>387035128
Monster Hunter
>>
File: william-sama vs the yokai.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
william-sama vs the yokai.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>387039515
>calling someone disagreeing about something a shill/fanboy
I thought you wanted a discussion? The loot and Amrita spilling out is solid and effective visual feedback in line with the rest of the game's visual design, everywhere you go there's dark areas interspersed with strong light sources. It's not overpowering though.
The hitboxes are indeed generous with it so it can actually happen often but it's still based first and foremost on where you strike.
>>
>>387039946
>thinking lots of people on /v/ doesn't have superiority complex and made threads mostly just to stroke their own ego for understanding game mechanics more than normal people do
>>
>>387039946
Just because you're being polite and civilized doesn't mean you can't be spouting a bunch of bullshit. I can't discuss something i deem irredeemably bad, it's fucking awful and your argument that it's ok because there's torches in the game makes literally no sense.
>>
>>387040141
That at least I could understand to an extent because 9/10 times I actually try to discuss something with people on /v/ they invoke the concept of game design while having absolutely no clue about what makes it or why decisions are made, so it's damn hard sometimes not to fall into the writing people off immediately trap, but I don't think that's the case and frankly you sound a little upset about something else.
>>
>shits on nioh
>thinks witcher 3 is better
AHAHAHAHAHHAHA
You have to leave underaged
>>
>>387040951
>HAHAHAHAHHA
>underage

Also, nice arguments, summer.
>>
>>387041089
First week here I presume. Fuck off
>>
>>387040439
I don't really care whether you think I'm being polite or not, what I was referring to was you going "hurr must be a shill" instead of actually making a case about it because you don't see how the design matches up with the rest of the world, almost like you didn't actually want or expect to be challenged on it. Even now you're saying it's "irredeemably bad" because it's "fucking awful". If you just plain don't like or want to discuss it then that's all you need to say, and I guess you are now in a roundabout way but still trying to hold onto your high place. I didn't mention anything about torches though, they're not the only source of light in the game or the only way lighting can be portrayed, but the use of lighting throughout all of it to cause that juxtaposition is what establishes the mood in the first place, and that's in part aided and reflected by the sharp yet fading glow from items and Amrita. Even that webm has countless examples of it and it makes the game look damn nice despite people shitposting about it's graphics.
>>
After having played Left 4 Dead 2 censored for months, modding the gore in made melee weapons something I actively looked out for whenever I played, they just became so satisfying.
Is melee in L4D2 as good as I think it is? I'm probably biased after playing a version where the zombie is gone before it hits the floor for so long.
>>
>>387041378
Wow you're a legit retard AND a fanboy, you can dismiss that claim as much as you want, it's fucking blatant.

The fucking lighting sets the mood for people bursting into a fireworks display when you slice their heads off? This is such an unbelievable stupid argument that i am honestly at a loss for words.
>>
Shadow Warriors reboot had fucking amazing melee. They boosted up your movement with a short boost you can execute at any time to get in melee range/dodge to make melee more viable, and gave focus to varied melee skills. I was really fucking impressed when the demons came apart depending on where I hit them, and that they wove that into the gameplay just pushed it over the top.
I can't talk about the sequel though.
>>
Killing floor 2 has better melee than the majority of games which is actually hilarious
>>
>>387042051
>like 3 or so items coming out from humans is a fireworks display
Masterful overstatement in a vain attempt to prove some kind of point you've not actually stated, outside of "waah loot bad". For as much as you say you know about melee feedback you don't know a damn thing about visual design or feedback. The use of lighting and colour in the entire game, from enemy and level designs to hitsparks to make the loot stand out as a reward for victory without being overly oppressive and still thematically fit is achieved really well, especially when compared with revenant graves for example.
>>
>>387035128
Is Ninja gaiden 3(PS3) worth playing? Does that have Ayane and Kasumi?
>>
>>387043209
3 Vanilla is meant to be awful, 3RE is better, but I still felt that it was let down by having 3 as a template
>>
>>387042815
Yeah, this is the last (You) you're getting out of me fanboy. Yes, a fucking fireworks display, just the amrita is already bad enough on its own. Literally fuck all weapons should be popping out of someone's neck, there are several ways they could have handled loot and they chose the worst. This is besides the point, the thread is about melee feedback. I'm here saying how Nioh fucks the pooch by trying to establish a dark (THEMATICALLY RETARD) atmosphere with all the death and suffering just to have a bunch of human disco balls walking around and this dipshit is over here going on about how the pretty colors when a human dies matching the color of the moon is pleasing to his mobile gaming sensibilities. Fuck off.
>>
>>387035770
Shame this game was short as fuck. There weren't enough combat sections against regular humans and orcs.
>>
File: Catch.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Catch.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>>387043209
Ninja Gaiden 3 is ABSOLUTELY NOT worth playing. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is absolutely worth playing and what the clip in the OP is from.

All the extras are DLC for vanilla 3 and you wouldn't want them as the game is shit anyway. Buy Razor's Edge or don't buy it at all.
>>
>>387043853
Silly anon, disregarding that the loot comes out particularly low to the ground, things don't have to be visually dark and constantly realistic to be thematically dark or oppressive, all you're doing is the exact thing you're trying to accuse me of. If your only points are extreme exaggeration and "f-fanboy!" on top of a borderline damaged refusal to see anything beyond your first assumption then I guess we are done here. Try Let It Die out though, it's a pretty good game.
>>
>>387044316
At this point in time i wouldn't trust your tastes on water to be honest.
>>
>>387044509
Yeah I thought you'd be anal like that, someone's views on visual design being different from yours apparently causes everything they might say to be completely wrong, despite any kind of evidence brought forward or the topic being something different. As much as you wanted to pretend otherwise you're a typical /v/ shitposter through and through so congrats I guess.
>>
>>387038697
I would agree for the most part. I haven't played it in over a year so maybe things changed, but the melee got pretty ridiculous with how people would wildly move their mouse and get the craziest kinds of hits.

Also head/neck shots with a javalin were the most satisfying thing to me in the game.
>>
Monster Hunter
>small blood splatter when hitting a low damage area
>big blood splatter and hitstun when hitting a high damage area
>big blood splatter, hitstun and screen shake when hitting the monster's weak point
If they fuck this up in MHWorld, I'm gonna be super pissed
>>
>>387044947
>he's still going on about "Muh misplaced copy pasted Diablo 3 visual design"

Did the daily shill thread 404 already or what?
>>
>>387045513
>fuck it up in World
they fucked it up in Generations, the blood splatter is way too high on weak hits to the point where you can't tell. Absolutely embarrassing coming off of 4U
>>
>>387035128
Bloodborne has some good feedback

>it's the "cod guns" of melee
I'm guessing this will be the stupidest thing I read all day.
>>
>>387042030
All of the melee weapons in L4D2 are basically just a short-range instakill hitscan, with slightly varying swing speeds and ranges. The dismemberment is pretty damn accurate to where you're aiming, though, that coupled with the game's already ahead-of-it's time gore and gibbing system is how the melee ends up feeling great. Fluid, varied, and speedy death animations of zombies can make simply watching a zombie crumple over after getting smacked across the face with a frying pan feel real nice. I've played 1000+ hours of advanced/expert co-op and I usually run with handguns/magnum just because a sidearm (one of which is also instakill) has just proven more useful in more tight spots. But sometimes I still can't resist grabbing a fire axe to decapitate some mongos.
>>
>>387035128
Nothing but fighting games, even the games you like, Dark Messiah, Dark Souls, Chiv, M&B, DMC, they're all shit. They suffer from many of the following; lack hitstop, hitstun, rhythm, defense/offense duality, lack of attacks, spam is rewarded, etc.
Games like M&B/Dark Messiah/Chiv are even worse due to the PC-derived slip-and-slide floaty feeling from the ability to move while meleeing.
>>
>>387045513
They've changed it a little so that initially your attacks cause splinters of scales and bone to chip off but as you hit it more and more, blood gets drawn later which I actually really like but I'm sure the standard of there being a bigger effect on weakspots is still there, just hard to tell from the footage and it's been a while since I last watched it so I don't want to say for definite but it's not the kind of thing that would really be changed, and damage numbers can be turned off so they wouldn't be replacing it.
>>387045623
I thought you were going to stop giving me (You)s.
>>
>>387046156
What a load of arbitrary horseshit
>>
>>387045894
>I'm guessing this will be the stupidest thing I read all day.

Really? Care to explain what's wrong with it?

>>387045513
I agree though there's little to compare it too
>>
>>387046231
I meant stop giving you (You)s thematically!
>>
>>387046268
It's all true.
I've yet to play any game that approaches the impact and hit feedback of nearly twenty-year-old fighting games like Tekken 3 and 3S.
>>
>>387046156
I don't think you know what any of those things you listed means
>>
>>387046376
Ah but you forgot about how the visual impact of the (You) ties into it!
>>
>>387046617
I know what they all mean.
>>
>>387046508
Yeah that's fine, you like what you like - saying shit like "these games have bad combat because they lack hitstop" is silly amd arbitrary. And the idea that a game like Mount & Blade lacks hitstun/rhythm/defense and offense duality/rewards spam tells me you haven't played it for more than 5 minutes. You're also comparing a fighting game to a bunch of action games.
>>
SERIOUSLY NIGGERS. I've passed so many opportunities to play Ninja Gaiden games because I was waiting for a PC version. EVEN bayonetta got on PC. why the fuck did I listen to you retards and missed playing these games ?!
>>
>>387046783
Not every game there suffers from each thing listed, naturally (I said 'most'). Also, M&B has shitty fundamentals due to it's ability to attack-while-moving (the source of the slippery feeling) replacing spacing/timing/selection/punishing with shimmying, a very common problem with this sort of game. M&B also suffers from unlisted problems such as being very slow, feints being absurdly poorly designed, practically no moves, etc.

Also, I'm not comparing the games themselves, just the merits of combat in which case M&B is just poor compared to a fighting game.
>>
>>387035128
Nioh's feedback is nowhere near as bad as you say it is. The modern example you ought to give is Dark Souls 2. Killing things in that game feels like shit. Even moving feels like shit.

I see where you're coming from though. I agree that feedback is very important though. When feedback is good it is something that will keep me wanting to play more or longer, just not enough to carry an entire game. I can appreciate that you can cut off heads in Nioh for example, I think the graphical part of it is pretty decent and not overdone. Audibly, I can't really say that I like it, but there are games with far worse audio feedback that sometimes just ruin a game for me entirely.

This is actually one of my concerns with MHWorld. I liked the dumb bloody visual effects and sound the hits made, so I'm worried I won't like the hits as much in MHW since they're so different now.
>>
File: Better luck next life.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Better luck next life.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
>>387046869
>Listening to /v/ on video games

You have only yourself to blame. Like, Jesus anon...
>>
File: See me after ninja class.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
See me after ninja class.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>387046701
I don't think you do, as most of them are basic thing any action game worth two shits will have and some actually excel at. But don't take my word for it, let some bong with a microphone and video editing software explain it to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vCko6V4pQ
>>
Dying Light is the game you are looking for OP. It's a joy to play because of the satisfying melee combat.
>>
>>387047175
You'll have to forgive me if this makes zero sense to me, because neither Mount and Blade combat or movement are 'slippery' because of the ability to move while attacking. It's a game where you move at a human clip and your PC's movement can damn near be tracked by individual footstep.
Also spacing, timing, selection (a term which I'm correlating here with the directional input combat system. Or maybe it's weapon variety and subsequent impact on combat style, which is also present while admittedly lacking in variety), AND punishing, well, these things are pretty much what make up the game's combat in the first place so I don't get this post at all. Everything you described the game as lacking is pretty much what makes up the combat. Spacing yourself away from an enemy sword strike and timing your approach just right to punish the enemy is basically the push and pull of unmounted one on one melee combat in the game, along with reacting to enemy pre-swing animations with appropriate directional block inputs. Are you sure you've played the game?
>>
>>387035770
you could also disarm them when stunned, dont know why you would but it was funny making an orc continually find his weapon again to continue fighting
>>
>>387047209
My problem with Nioh's feedback is that it has no business being as bad as it is. It's not the product of them not knowing how to do it, it's the product of some shit design decisions and weird or lazy asset management

Don't try and lump me with DaS2 hate bandwagon nonsense. It's my favorite of the SoulsShit games and the feedback is no different then any of the others as far as i remember, in fact they even tried some novelty neat stuff with ultra great weapons.
>>
>>387047559
No, I know what they all mean. I play a shit-ton of fighting games and that's where the terms are most commonly used, but keep repeating yourself.
>>
>>387047209
Dirty fanboy here, one thing I could say is that they could have been a bit more liberal with the vibration, it only really activates on grapples and when you're hit. It's often disregarded but vibration really has a subtle but huge impact, pun intended.
Also while they're different I think MHW will be just fine in that area, they seem pretty solid so far even if it's just Youtube streams and it's something the series has always held as important.
I just remembered Dead Rising was pretty good for melee feedback too.
>>
>>387047706
Spacing, timing, move selection, punishing are replaced with bad approximations due to being able attack-while-moving as the game focuses more on shimmying as a functional replacement for everything I mentioned, and this is the same thing that makes the game feel slippery (and causes the clipping you've mentioned). Yeah, I got about 50 hours in of straight dueling alone.
>>
>>387047825
I'm not that guy
>>
>>387047787
Well, I'm not trying to say you can't like Dark Souls 2, but it's definitely my least favorite of those games. Moving feels weird and floaty, hits sound okay but something just feels off. Can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it is the sound afterall. Anyway I just think all the other souls games and bloodborne feel better than 2.
>>
>>387048378
Okay, that doesn't change my reply.
>>
God Hand's feedback isn't too great overall but getting nice counter hits is super satisfying
>>
>>387048125
Okay I understand your point now - Rigidity in combat functions leads to a tighter, more consistent experience. But I don't think I'd say that the game would be any better with stationary combat animations, it is a siege game. Sieges would become even sillier and more meat-grindy than they already are. And I believe that being able to move opens up more options in the moment that are an abject necessity for the kinds of large-scale battles, often with terrain or geometry factoring into success, that the game has.
>>
>>387038697
Because anyone who actually gave a shit about Chivalry is on yhe Mordhau train now.
>>
>>387048634
It's really bad anon
>>
File: Memes.jpg (90KB, 1129x635px) Image search: [Google]
Memes.jpg
90KB, 1129x635px
I'm surprised no one has mentioned MGR yet. Had a whole argument prepared and everything when i made the thread. Uhm...
>>
>>387049080
>enemy gets either launched across the level or into the air from a single hit, combined with an explosion sound and dust everywhere allowing you to follow up with moves for crowd control or invincibility
Wrong
>>
>>387049228
Suffers the same shitty problems that DMC/Bayo/NG suffer from.
>>
>>387048708
I don't disagree with that, the format just makes for chintzy-feeling combat.
>>
>>387048378
>baiting for my reply with funny filenames
Oh alright then, there's still plenty blood or whatever yokai spray out, loot doesn't actually show different colours until it's landed on the ground and those colour rays are quite thin. The yuri was better.
>>
>>387049429
Suddenly i miss My Little Nioh anon...

get out shitpost-kun
>>
>>387049429
Elaborate on those problems.
>>
>>387049656
Not my fault you don't play the only real melee genre and opt for crazy garbage.
>>
File: Don't say i don't love you.jpg (122KB, 1228x651px) Image search: [Google]
Don't say i don't love you.jpg
122KB, 1228x651px
>>387049581
There really isn't plenty of blood, especially not when it's being drowned out by the 4th of July. And the contrast between those two is the main problem, BUT LET'S NOT GET INTO THAT AGAIN
>>
>>387049774
They're worse than fighting games in every concievable way from feedback, spacing, to rhythm, to variety, etc.
>>
>>387035128
Vermintide
>>
>>387035128
Dark Souls 1
Dead Rising 1
>>
>>387049937
>They're worse
Doesn't really tell me anything.
Assuming >>387046156 is your post, they have hitstop, hitstun, large movesets and they discourage spam. I'm not really sure what you mean by rhythm and defense/offense duality.
>>
>>387049937
I've played many fighting games and they're not the only ones that can have satisfying feeling combat, and there are fighting games that don't feel enjoyable at all to fight in.
>>387049870
Hey you started it with the taunt, there's enough blood for what it wants to be and the loot always comes out from the middle and drops rather than the blood which sprays up and out from wherever you cut, so they don't block each other out. The contrast is subtler than you're making it out to be but it's a solid part of the visual design like the rest and even highlights that life and death is a circle shit.
>>
File: Oh you.jpg (1MB, 2400x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Oh you.jpg
1MB, 2400x1272px
>>387050797
>and even highlights that life and death is a circle shit

You fucking crack me up anon
>>
>>387050919
I thought of that right now thanks to you and actually and thought it was funny too but the more I think about it and the rest of the game the more it makes sense. It's what the game constantly references and the devs even talked long about it in interviews before release, along with how samurai tread the line between life and death and so on. You made this.
>>
>>387050482
I said what's worse about them in two posts, and they certainly don't discourage spam.
>>387050797
It's alright for you to like them, but they're literally not good enough for me. Fighting games with bad feedback (aka NRS games) should have the creators jailed.
>>
>>387051216
Let them know i wont a credits nod in the GOTY version.
>>
>>387051951
Oh if I could talk to the devs I would have made sure they didn't fuck the game so hard from the prerelease version first and foremost, and that actually would have had an effect on the feel of the combat, but either way the loot fits.
>>
Was hoping for more visual examples in this thread.
>>
>>387053484
This thread is 90% of OP shitposting while trying to come off as having a "discussion".
>>
>>387053838
I'm OP, you retard.
>>
>>387054007
Case and point.
>>
File: cute!.png (70KB, 183x295px) Image search: [Google]
cute!.png
70KB, 183x295px
>>387053838
>>387054007
>>387054038
>>
>>387054230
source?
>>
File: 1474274440226.jpg (138KB, 602x448px) Image search: [Google]
1474274440226.jpg
138KB, 602x448px
>>387054752
The Nioh manga. I don't have any links for it though and haven't read it myself so I don't know if it's all been translated yet.
>>
Dead Rising
>hit stop
>enemies fall apart in unique ways
>>
Dying Light has some fun melee.
same for the Dead Island games, but you need a controller to activate "Analog" mode, which makes your attacks flow with your right stick.
>>
>>387055096
That's alright. At least I know where to start looking. Thanks anon.

I've heard good things about Nioh, is it worth picking up?
>>
>ITT OP makes a thread about melee feedback instead of what he really wants.
>>
>>387055876
Yeah, what's that? Mr Smartie Pants
>>
>>387055790
I would definitely say so, even though I'm extremely bitter about how the game got crippled from how it used to be before launch thanks to wusses and idiots. I assume you've heard it described as just being like Souls but that's not really the case or rather doesn't give the full picture. It's much more focused on it's combat mechanics which have far more depth and are a joy to play with, stances are really satisfying to control and switch through, the loot aspect gives a lot of consistent and relevant reward, there's a ton of build variety and at the same time it encourages getting a little of everything and combining it so you always have a lot of options, there's a metric fuckton of missions to play through and while they reuse areas quite a bit, those areas are very well designed and they change up enemy placement. Enemy variety is an often cited fault, and while it can be noticable, they get new moves and the combat depth can make it less of a problem. There would be enough if they used more of the rarer types but alas. The story has a lot to love if you're a fan of Japanese history or at least know a bit about it, but it's not necessary to enjoy it.
Overall I'd say it's a fantastic game (that should have been even better if it didn't get torn up, though that's a testament to how good the base is), but be warned, I'm pretty sure the manga follows the story so you might want to hold off of that if you decide to get it. If there's anything else you'd want to know feel free to ask.
>>
>>387055790
Not at full price
>>
>>387057069
>Downplaying lack of enemy variety and area rehash

I've never heard a game being called repetitive so much by so many in such a small window of time
>>
>>387057425
Because most people doing so ignored the countless number of options available to them in combat and just wanted everything done in the easiest way possible. Area rehash only comes up in side missions, which areas get used are spaced out, the enemies and path is changed, the areas themselves are vastly different to each other and there's even some areas that only show up in side missions.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.