[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: WDF_1449686.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WDF_1449686.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is this game good?
>>
fucking no
>>
>>387035304
what's so bad about it?
>>
It's a definite 5/10. It plays it way too safe and misses a lot of what made Diablo 2 and its clones compelling, while not being "bad".
Buy it on sale but don't expect longevity.
>>
Fun for one run through in splitscreen with a bro. Once max out a character, there isn't much else to it though.
Console version best version.
>>
>>387035402
It's not Diablo 2
>>
>>387035402
Itemisation sucks
Endgame is just waiting for stuff with billions of hp to die and then one of them seeing if you get a better version of gear you're already using.
Levelling is boring.
Builds are basically just using sets.
Hardcore is dumb because every character gets a trait that lets you not die when you would have died.
>>
>>387035561
The game was getting close being decent.
Then they redo sets to all have a 2000% buff to 1 ability, meaning you need them for the damage. And it limited the types of builds you can make because there are only so many sets.

And it still has that literally everything about your character damage is based on multipliers that use your weapon as a base. So finding an ancient weapon can increase your damage by millions.
>>
>>387034743
Careful you are attracting all the PoE shills
>>
OP here, i'm just asking cuz I started playing HoTS and thought the characters seemed to be quite neat.
>>
>>387035824
>free game
>shills
>>
>>387035824
I'm bored of PoE too :(
>>
>>387035942
Are you dumb?
>>
>>387035994
No, are you?
>>
>>387035994

>doesn't know what a shill is
>calls others dumb
>>
>>387035994
FUCK OFF
>>
>>387035402
too expensive
shit story
shit voice acting
shit itemization
attribute and skill systems made for babies who can't do simple math and thinking

You'll play it for a while, forcing yourself through, hoping the "fun" part will come soon, then after too many hours you'll realise it never comes, that it's all just grindfest for a perfect item that can be randomized in every fucking way.

You'll be told that RoS fixed things, but you'll see that in reality it has one new character, one new act and they didn't even bother to make proper cinematics because they rushed it to cover the monstrosity that D3 was.

D3 is the only one that makes me angry whenever I think about a game.
>>
>>387034743

No just play D2 instead
>>
Honestly it's fucking garbage, ironically when it came out it was alright, not as good as D2+Xpack but pretty fine, except for the RMAH fiasco but since then they fucked the game hard, removed any and all challenge from the game and drop "legendary" items out the ass because all the content is basically max level runs.
I made a new ladder char a couple months ago and I was pulling entire levels and facetanking it all without losing more than 10% of my HP at most, and I was fully decked in legendary items by the time I reached the third act when I stopped playing out of boredom.

Diablo 2 is far more fun and enjoyable.
>>
File: rock.jpg (93KB, 700x920px) Image search: [Google]
rock.jpg
93KB, 700x920px
>tfw an image you made can now be found as the 1st result in google images
>>
File: petyr.jpg (6KB, 294x172px) Image search: [Google]
petyr.jpg
6KB, 294x172px
Would you recomend this game to me if, say, I just wanted a go at it for the story. I liked the story in Diablo 1 and 2.
>>
>>387036269
not really desu lad
>>
>>387036269

The story is the #1 reason not to play it
>>
>>387034743
Nope.

In fact it's notorious for being terrible and killing off an entire community with its bad quality.
>>
>>387036269
Diablo 3 is noncanon.
>>
>>387036258
most of that image is wrong now.
>>
File: 1435822563561.jpg (4KB, 162x164px) Image search: [Google]
1435822563561.jpg
4KB, 162x164px
Everyone knows that if you expected D2+ we got a hot turd instead, I don't like the art style and the combat feels 'weightless' and monotonous, BUT it is perhaps the best casul game ever if you want to listen to music or a podcast etc.
>>
>>387036269
the story is aggressively bad, so bad that one of the features of the expansion was a mode where you didn't have to play through the story at all
>>
>>387036269
Ros fixed everything by making the story mode irrelevant
>>
Jay "fuck that loser" Wilson, the first guy to kill Diablo, who fucked up all the game mechanics and then doubled them, the guy who gave you d3 pvp, who gave you RMAH because it was what players wanted and they got feedback and everyone was cool with it, but then had to remove it because it "turned out to be a failed experiment", who ruined the franchise
>yfw when he """"left"""" blizzard and gaming in general and decided to be a writer
https://twitter.com/angryrobotics

I hope he'll have a lot of free time about his past acts of arrogance, lying, hypocrisy and treating people like idiots.
>>
>>387036269
that depends, if you'd like to see how much they retconned and made half of the things that happened in 1 and 2 irrelevant or act as if they didn't happen, everything served with dialogues made for 12 year olds and cartoon villains, I would say go for it. Memes only touch the surface of how bad it is.
>>
>>387034743
No, honestly.

If Diablo 2 was a Motorbike.. Diablo 3 took that motorbike engine out, and added training wheels.

You can't make flexible builds anymore, just a "here are 3 blizzard approved 'builds' for your character"..

Hotswap between them like you would hotswap between a silencer attachment and a ironsight attachment in our other popular franchise call of duty (Which we swear has no impact on the development of our fantasyRPG games).
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.