[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. Never played a persona game here. If in play 5 first,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (15KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
15KB, 299x168px
Hey guys. Never played a persona game here. If in play 5 first, will it ruin 3 and 4? Not in terms of story but in terms of polish/quality/mechanics etc.?

Emulation isn't an option right now so I can't play any of the eariler games
>>
>>387028259
please don't play 5, because its garbage
>>
>>387028259
Yes.

P5 have the best gameplay.
>>
>>387028368
You're garbage
>>
>>387028259
5 Has the best dungeon and engaging gameplay, so yes.
3 has the best story.
4 is an improvement on 3's mechanics, a VAST improvement.
>>
>>387028259
It won't matter at all. Unless you're extremely nit picky, it'll be 100% fine to start wherever.
Hell start with PQ if you like or even start at Persona 1, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>387028259
No it won't ruin it, I played p5 first and I still enjoyed p3 and p4.
>>
>>387028470
>I still enjoyed p3 and p4.

Obviously because P3 & P4 have better stories than P5.
>>
P5 is the Sonic Boom of the series.
>>
P5 has made me never want to replay P3 and 4

Fuck those empty slog dungeons. I got in to SMT recently and i don't think i'll ever play Persona again
>>
>>387029318
>I got in to SMT recently and i don't think i'll ever play Persona again

You have made the right decision.

YHVH bless you, anon.
>>
>>387029096
>P4
lol.
>>
>>387028428
even if i am, that doesn't change the facts
>>
>>387029318
You should just play both and enjoy the ton of new releases you'll get.

Besides it's not like SMT is devoid of empty slog dungeons, and it's not like Palaces are better than randomised dungeons.
>>
>>387029576
But the defining thing is that calendar system is shit and doesn't give you an option to skip days so you can move on in the game, i ain't gonna play anymore unless that shit is gone.
>>
File: P5-Menu.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
P5-Menu.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>387028368
FPBP
>>
>>387029318
persona 5 made me finally realize how fucking terrible persona really is
>>
>>387028259
If emulation is not an option then just go for it. If you want to go back when emulation becomes available to you, then P4 should be tolerable, but FES is pretty shit and is carried by the story. Might still be worth playing, but I'd recommend P3 Portable over FES because of the gameplay changes, even though this is apparently a bottom of the barrel trash opinion.
>>
>>387028259
Persona 5 is a good game. But yes some mechanics may make it harder for you to go back to 3 or 4. Less so 4. I wouldn't suggest playing all three in a row because you'll get burned out well before you finish. Go ahead and play 5. If you enjoy it try 3 or 4 in a while.
>>
>>387029941
My eyes! It hurts!
>>
>>387029823
That's a pretty confusing standpoint considering you apparently put up with it for approximately 160 hours.

SMT can be a bit of a slog too, just in different ways. You should try P1 and P2 though, they're a lot closer to SMT.
>>
>>387028259
Yes, Persona is a perfect example of a series in which starting from a newer one and going backwards will feel archaic as fuck. I love 3, but fuck, it's missing so many quality of life improvements even made in 4, let alone 4 Golden and 5. OP, just go 3 (FES) -> 4 (Golden if you have a Vita/PSTV, vanilla is perfectly fine otherwise) -> 5
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.