[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the Drakengard series worth playing if you liked Near a Tomato?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: latest[2].png (2MB, 1000x1418px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
2MB, 1000x1418px
is the Drakengard series worth playing if you liked Near a Tomato?
>>
>>387027343
3 is bearable but the rest of the series is dreadful
>>
>>387027407
NotOP, so which one has incest?
>>
Play it for the characters and story or not at all. The combat sucks although 3 is tolerable and 2 does not exist but the first is what started it all and is by all means a cult classic.
>>
>>387027452
Both do, the one where it was censored is in the first drakengard
>>
Yes but no
Nier 1 is the much better game while DoD is a Musou clone
>>
File: 1483161667646.png (155KB, 1246x370px) Image search: [Google]
1483161667646.png
155KB, 1246x370px
>>387027343
They are absolutely terrible games with 3 being the best out of them all, but a very interesting ride overall.
>>
is there any easy way to play the PS2 games?
>>
>>387027343
I played Drakengard 1 recently, after Nier: Automata.
Can't say I had "fun", but I don't regret playing it. It was quite the experience.
>>
Drakengard is good if you really enjoy hearing random samples of classic orchestra smushed together into a nightmare cacophany of ear rape.

Seriously a very unique soundtrack.

Drakengard 3's OST is much more anime with a bit of Nier
>>
>>387027850
PCSX2
>>
N>N:A>D1>D3>D2
>>
>>387027343
No.

If you just want to play for the story, just watch it on Youtube instead.
>>
>>387027343
Nier was the first game Taro made with serviceable gameplay.
>>
>>387027343
1 is okay because of batshit crazy atmosphere.
3 is meh, it's more of a black, satirical comedy.
Nier/Automata are a living proof that Taro writes way better when he restrains his edge.
>>
>>387027343
If you liked the story and atmosphere? Sure, you can try it. If you liked if mostly because of the gameplay, stay away.
>>
>>387027817
Is the magical aids that turn you into salt giants from a later game? I played Drakengard but only recall it going to the Air Force part. Is that some sort of 3 or Nier plot?
>>
>>387027343
More importantly:
Can you emulate the first two properly?
>>
>>387027343
No, Drakengard has no redeeming qualities
>>
>>387029627
Turning to salt is Nier, but like 10000 years prior to when the game starts.
>>
>>387030172
First one emulates perfectly.
>>
>>387030462
Nice, nice. I saw some emulator gameplay just now, looks good. What about part 2?
Any idea how long these games are?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.