[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on emulation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on emulation?
>>
>>387025652
Illegal and wrong
>>
It's the only reasonable way to play many older games.
>>
Does anyone have the stuff to emulate on PSP, all the links I tried finding a few months ago we completely dead.
>>
>>387026106
Look again
>>
Okay to play old/rare stuff like Earthbound

Emulating current, easily-obtainable games is something only shitheads do
>>
I use my hacked 3DS/Vita to emulate, I love not paying for all these old games. Well fuck, I don't even pay for new ones haha!
>>
Why would I emulate when I can do it on my PC? Also AM is shit. It's not a good Kirby game nor a good Metroidvania
>>
>>387025652
It's hard and complicated to setup to look exactly like old CRTs
>>
>>387025652
Save states are gay if you use them to complete the game.
>>
>>387025652
Upscalling games is a godsend
I prefer emulating even some of the games I legally own, just so i'm not stuck with the low render resolution of consoles like the DS or the PS2
>>
>>387025652
It's "wrong" to emulate games, but if they're not available in a convenient and reasonably priced way, legally, I don't blame anyone.
I remember Sega having some pretty well-priced retro games on Steam, and the NES Mini/SNES Minis aren't extortionate for the number of games, but Nintendo's virtual console pricing is wank
>>
>>387025652
well, I'm not giving some fat fuck in his mother's basement money for outdated consoles and games, either the publishers start printing the game again or atleast sell the licensed online, like virtual consoles by Nintendo (though they're overpriced for what they are).
but yeah, if I can't get your game, I'll pirate that shit.
>>
File: olimarcoffe.png (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
olimarcoffe.png
53KB, 300x300px
We would be in a really shitty situation of accuracy and archival of old games/systems if the scene didn't exist. Not too many companies would bother making emulators as well built as they are now if they were the only ones allowed to do it as they wouldn't have all this documentation online to easily pull from and would be on strict budgets/schedules to push them out instead of slaving away to perfect it as much as possible.

It did devalue the idea of paying for older games on newer systems but that should only make you butthurt if you're a faggot. I'd argue it helped increase the popularity of old forgotten IP's by making them easily available instead of them having a paywall from limited sources to get them. I don't think the whole youtube scene on games would've taken off the same way which helped introduce those titles to new people and caused them to be idolized more.
>>
>>387025652
It's killing videogames.
>>
It's fantastic when it works (PS1 and earlier) but newer consoles sometimes have emulation glitches so I prefer to use original consoles. They're usually easy to hack anyway.
>>
>>387025835
Wrong on both accounts
>>
>>387025835
fpwp
>>
>>387025835
fpbp
>>
>>387027725
of course
>>
It was neat as a kid when it let me play games I otherwise had no means to get but now I am an adult with a job so I pay for things I want. I will still emulate if the game is very expensive or rare though.
>>
>>387025652
Way to trigger the entire board with your troll post.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.