[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst game you've ever finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 15

File: Knack.jpg (57KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
Knack.jpg
57KB, 256x320px
For some reason I'm trying to get the Platinum trophy for this piece of shit so I've already finished it twice because Cerny decided it would be fun to make getting the skins reliant on random treasure chests available once a playthrough.

It's not bad in concept if extremely simple, but it's almost as if it was designed to be as frustrating as humanly possible. Enemies kill you in one or two hits and love to group and mix together with ranged and close combat classes.

Most areas love putting ranged enemies across the map that can snipe you easily from that distance and actively track your movements and delay shots until you're vulnerable, and you have no means to take them down from a distance beyond one of your special moves that you have to charge up. Of course they love to mix in with regular enemies in unskippable rooms so that while you're trying to deal with and dodge the close range ones the ranged ones will simply hit you where the close ranged ones don't. Even when you close the gap they can just simply take you by surprise and hit you with a melee attack themselves, and both they and the close ranged ones love dodging away from you back into their brethren to waste your opportunity. It's downright infuriating and I don't see how kids will have the patience for it.

One thing I will say in its favour is that in the digital version at least the load times are virtually non-existent even when skipping an end of chapter cutscene to go to the next level. I don't know how they optimised that but it's very impressive. Doesn't make the game any better, but I wish more games would learn from this.

Calling it a platformer is also a complete joke because there is barely any platforming to speak of. It's just a barebones and frustrating beat-em-up 90% of the time. The boss fights are also complete and utter bullshit.

Despite this MAYBE the sequel will fix this shit, as I think there is a decent game in there somewhere that kids will enjoy.
>>
>>387025112
Thanks for the review, I guess?
>>
>>387025213
Just trying to get a discussion going for other examples, but yeah it did sort of turn into one.
>>
>>387025314
How much does Knack run for these days, anyway? Surely not more than $20...
>>
File: 1486175938547.jpg (8KB, 261x224px) Image search: [Google]
1486175938547.jpg
8KB, 261x224px
>>387025213
Eat a dick, you cum guzzling cock-jockey

Let the guy have his thread in peace. At least he's inciting discussion.
>>
>>387025375
I got it for like $5 in a sale.

Same as OP. I'm bewildered by the difficulty in this boring ass game. I died a ton to the first exploding bug. No child could beat this. Knacks reach is so small it's so hard to hit anyone without taking damage.

The aesthetics are also bizarre. Trolls and swords with stylized modern humans and guns? It's so off-putting. How are they making a sequel? Memes?
>>
I've seen some talks from journalists a.d stuff who've previewed Knack 2 say its a lot improved but I have my doubts.
I legit hope Knack 2 actually delivers though cause I like good games and also it would be fucking hilarious if Knack 2 actually turned out to be great. If its just mediocre it'll be swiftly forgotten and ignored like the first.
>>
>>387025112
PS4 surely has the best exclusives. True quality :^)
Good thing Knack 2 is coming to wipe the floor with BotW, Automata and other shitty games that came out lately.
>>
>>387025375
I got it off PSN for a sale for like $10 about a year ago out of morbid curiosity, and it goes on sale a fair bit on there. It's currently $7.55 on the Australian PSN so if you're at least a Yuropoor that sale will also apply to you as well. Yeah as far as retail goes it's about $20 over here on average (pre-owned tends to be more expensive). Get it from EB Games/FUCKING GAMESTOP and return it within a week if you don't like it. I DO NOT recommend playing it on Hard, as I based my entire critique in the OP on that difficulty. It may be a lot easier on the lower difficulties though I hear it is still fairly annoying.
>>
UNTIL DAWN

>unskippable cutscenes
I did a blind playthrough the first time. Took me 3 play-throughs for platinum
>>
>>387025568
It really is artificial difficulty and massively trial and error. You get killed in one way, then learn the enemy's pattern and then they kill you for dodging that as well. So many enemies also have stupid fucking shockwave attacks that have massive reach as well, punishing you for dodging. The demolition goblins are downright laughable with how cheap they are. You get close to them and then they just jump up in the air and ninja throw bombs on the ground, and usually drop more when you kill them. Simultaneous hits against enemies are also extremely common. It's just infuriating the way the game makes you fight multiple enemies at once that all kill you in basically one hit, and has the audacity to make them dodge frequently out of the way when you try and get an advantage, especially when they chuck in ranged enemies in those rooms as well. The lack of a grace period after getting hit is a problem as well. Like I said, it seems almost intentionally frustrating and despite getting larger enemies scale with you so you almost never feel powerful.The worst part is lore-wise he's supposed to be FUCKING INVINCIBLE.
>>
>>387025112
Nice try buddy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4bJcrP35-k
>>
>>387027052
>levidyagaemreddit
Fairly sure he devoted an entire video to bitching about Youtube not giving him handouts for making zero effort videos.
>>
File: 1484933421296.png (103KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
1484933421296.png
103KB, 250x229px
>>387025112
Probably pic related. I was bored the entire way through and decided to tank the last half just to see the delta episode (which turned out to be a massive disappointment).

Runner up would probably be Final Fantasy XV. When I got to chapter 3 and started doing every quest I could find, I realized (after spending much more time than I should have) the cookie-cutter mmo sidequests would never end so I decided to just go straight for the story. The ending was the only redeeming thing about the game.

I don't finish very many games.
>>
File: JgySrKf.jpg (75KB, 1252x602px) Image search: [Google]
JgySrKf.jpg
75KB, 1252x602px
>>387027129
Why did you bring up reddit?
>>
I finished Driv3r. It was awful.
>>
>>387027279
Did you pick the photo of the girl with giant tits?
>>
>>387027323
It's sad that San Fransisco was extremely original and fun and they've done nothing since. I mean where can they go, really?
>>
File: WWWWWWWW.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WWWWWWWW.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>387027328
Yes.
>>
>>387027328
Nah, I went for the group photo they took before the boat ride to venice.
>>
I don't know. probably random shitty indie game on steam.
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 775x690px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 775x690px
>>387025112
This piece of shit. At the time I realised the game sucks I was too far in to stop playing. 70 hours down the drain. Didn't bother with the DLC island thankfully.
>>
You know, this game actually shows what a short attention span the Uncharted generation of players actually has.

Really, I've spent most of my day yesterday watching the kids not break anything in hotel's playroom. And most of PS4's installed there had just one game. Yup, it was Knack. And kids,ranging from 5 to 10 year olds, while struggling initially, actually cleared even the most intricate fragments of the game without any problem.

What that shows is complete absence of patience and conectration among many nu-gamers nowadays. Knack is actually very easy game and one of it's core mechanics is based on learning the enemies' attack patterns and finding the way to deal with them. Having the game punishing you for not knowing what you're doing and actually making enemy encounters a breathe when you know how to deal with certain situations is, well, fun. And believe me, every kid I've watched had fun even while losing in his or her first few attempts.

In that way Knack is indeed a blast from the past, a game which relies on it's core game mechanics from beginning to end, without shoving crap ton of gimmicks, different gameplay styles, explosions and "oh so epic" set pieces. And that is why I'm glad Sony actually decided to greenlight the sequel, even with so many reviewers getting their asses kicked and whining about it.
>>
>>387025112
>Flinthook
>Its bad
>Repetitive
>Achieves are gated behind rng
>Bullshit difficulty curve

It wasn't even a challenge but when i finally 100% i was pretty mad that i'd wasted my time. The only thing that kept me going was the idea that once i 100%ed i'd never have to play it again.
>>
>>387025112
So it's not easy. Why is that a bad thing?
>>
File: 1501536077826.jpg (685KB, 2335x2507px) Image search: [Google]
1501536077826.jpg
685KB, 2335x2507px
>>387029538
Why is that a good thing?
>>
>>387025112
Probably Virginia. It's an interactive fiction kind of deal (arguably not even a game) with texture-less 3D graphics, simplistic character models, and no dialogue. I thought it was gonna be a more artsy proto-Firewatch, but the story was weirdly hard to follow due to questionable flashbacks/-forwards, and mostly it was just plain boring. After one and a half hours, it seemed to slowly pick up, and then it was over. I really considered refunding that trash, but then, I did finish it, even if it was less than two hours long, and I got it dirt cheap... At the very least it definitely taught me that the BAFTA award is actually a joke.
>>
File: Unchar-6d452.jpg (495KB, 928x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Unchar-6d452.jpg
495KB, 928x1080px
And second worst I've played overall.
>>
File: 1455761609503.jpg (60KB, 1167x879px) Image search: [Google]
1455761609503.jpg
60KB, 1167x879px
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc9PRXVm5qc
>>
File: 512d7iY3dFL.jpg (47KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
512d7iY3dFL.jpg
47KB, 480x480px
Not really though.

Whats funny about playing below average game is how varied the level design is.

Some of the levels are actually passable. It is really like you are playing a different game all together.
>>
>>387025112
White Knight Chronicles. It was stupid easy empty and repetitive af.
>>
>>387030412
>need for speed most wanted
Hey, that game was pretty go-
>DS
Oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>387030201
>listing cinematic as a positive quality
Instant red flag
>>
>>387029597
It's challenging.
>>
>>387025112
>>387025981
>this game is the worst game ive ever finished
>but im going to play it multiple times to get le platinum trophy xD

end your own lives
>>
File: 1503419106938.png (200KB, 812x176px) Image search: [Google]
1503419106938.png
200KB, 812x176px
>>387031710
What if I don't like challenging?
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 200x300px
I have over 300 hours in this game on Steam. Mostly from Mercenaries mode which is legitimately good, but I've played through the story mode 4-5 times, and that is a 4/10 at best.
>>
>>387032215
I tried to force myself through the story as well but eventually abandoned it. It's the kind of mindless thing that isn't even interesting enough to pass as a time waster. Sad, really.
>>
Probably The Witcher 3. It wasn't that bad, it's just that I don't really finish games I don't like.

6/10
>>
>>387032215
>I have over 300 hours in the worst game I've finished
>>
The hell are you talking about OP. Knack is just the right difficulty. I don't do Ubisoft checklist shit because I have a job so I don't know about that department.

Honestly, of the two games at launch Knack was the better option. Might even get Knack 2 once it drops in price. Simple satisfying game play my dude.
>>
>>387025810
A friend of mine does this.
>play game on hard
>complain that it's hard

Like what is your end game? Game is just right on normal.
>>
File: 1500981330728.png (301KB, 554x544px) Image search: [Google]
1500981330728.png
301KB, 554x544px
>>387025112
>hating on white demigod Marcus "Walking ASMR" Cerny
I bet you're a mudblood.
>>
>>387025112
Shadow of Mordor really stands out. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Awful map, horrific combat, terrible upgrade system insulting trophies, literal shitware DLC.

I am 98% done the Platinum and I had to uninstall the game, it's one of the worst drags and easily the worst overall open world game I have ever played.
>>
>>387025112
Overwatch. Diablo 3. I went from a Blizzard fan to hating them after that.
>>
File: Star Fox Zero.png (194KB, 250x352px) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero.png
194KB, 250x352px
>>387025112
>>
>>387027371
They did Watch Dogs. I'm sorry.
>>
>knack 2 is happening because dunkey meme
Dammit Sony
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.