[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SMTIV thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: SMTIV_Cover_Large.png (2MB, 847x1199px) Image search: [Google]
SMTIV_Cover_Large.png
2MB, 847x1199px
Alright, just finished my first SMT game, IV.

I appeared to have got neutral, looking at the other endings this one seems the obvious best. I really loved the tone and atmosphere of the game, the revelation of this hell hole Tokyo being under your Perfect medieval kingdom was pretty cool. The story was good, nothing amazing but alright. Characters were simple but enjoyable for what they were. My only real complaints are it was a bit too easy even on the default difficulty, though maybe that is fixed with the new difficulty options after beating the game, and the chalice of hope section where you have to do a shit ton of challenge quests wondering around Tokyo was annoying, Overall great game.

Interested in your guy's thoughts on the game and how it compares to other SMT games. I plan to start nocturne tomorrow.
>>
>>387006918
My only complaint with 4 was the bad design of some of the demons, particularly Lucifer and Medusa. Loved everything else.
>>
>>387007056
Lucifer I understand, I don't even dislike the design itself but for Lucifer it was too weird, but I loved Medusa's design. Medusa looked cool as fuck with skeleton and metal snakes in her hair. Probably one of the collest interpretations of her I ever saw.
>>
File: SMT Demon Negotiation.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
SMT Demon Negotiation.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>387006918
SMT IV has so much shit right, that the shit that is wrong just hurts me really bad.

It's still a really fun game and a great way to get into the series, but I wish it was better. Apoc fixed some of the issues but not all.
>>
Loved IV. Apocalypse really amped up the difficulty in a good way if your interested.
>>
>>387006918
I felt like 4 was too easy. Not that SMT is notably hard overall but past Medusa besides the DLC bosses the only boss you can call kinda hard is Kenji because of ancient curse spam and maybe maybe Demiurge for anti spam.

SMT4A is a much much better game then vanilla but vanilla has one of the best tones in the entire series up their with DDS1 and Nocturne.
>>
>>387008491
Yeah I know how you feel. I feel like if just a few things were ironed out it could be a near perfect game.
>>387008659
That's cool to hear. I already got a copy of nocturne cheap so that is my definite next SMT but I plan to play IV:A soon.
>>387008823
Beezelbub gave me some trouble but I tried fighting him with demons nearly 20 levels below him.
>>
File: 1425444943630.jpg (143KB, 1000x944px) Image search: [Google]
1425444943630.jpg
143KB, 1000x944px
LAW RULES CHAOS DROOLS
>>
>>387009201
>Killing isabobo because she's a manga fan

law killing them fujoshits
>>
>>387006918
Try Apocalypse.

Maybe you won't like it as much as the original, but it is interesting to play as a sort of sequel to IV Neutral route.

It includes several key improvements in demon fusion and skill inheritance as well as a slight rework of the smirk system.

Most importantly, there's a lot of awesome post game stuff and bosses. I also like the story because it doesn't try to do the same thing as IV. It also develops a lot of the secondary themes of IV though.
>>
File: Nanashi_Initial_Design_SMTIVF.jpg (79KB, 373x554px) Image search: [Google]
Nanashi_Initial_Design_SMTIVF.jpg
79KB, 373x554px
reminder that we got fuckin gypped with Nanashi's design and couldn't gotten a cool ass Akira 2.0
>>
>>387006918
Hope you got a PS2 OP because its time to undust it.

>SMT III: Nocturne
>Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
>Raidou Kuzunoha 1 & 2

Those are some of the best rpgs made in the goƱden age of PS2. Though of you want something for your 3DS you can also get:

>SMT IV Apocalypse
>Devil Survivor 1 & 2
>Soul Hackers
>Strange Journey

Which are all also excellent.
>>
>>387009581
Honestly I'm fine with Nanashi aside from how thin he is and his hair
Should have just had a mohawk
>>
>>387009871
Yep, about a week ago I found a copy of nocturne, brand new still in the plastic, for about $25. I thought I got some crazy deal and was surprised to see new copies are actually quite cheap and go for about what I got it for.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.