[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Persona 5 Improvements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

File: Reading Paper.jpg (103KB, 501x351px) Image search: [Google]
Reading Paper.jpg
103KB, 501x351px
We all know that Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 Golden vastly improved the experiences of Persona games compared to the original versions. With how long and boring Persona 5 is, what are some things that you would change to improve the experience?

For me, a huge factor would be increasing the amount of opportunities to improve personal stats on a daily basis. Another would be the ability to pray at the shrine, multiple times in one day.
>>
File: latest[2].png (307KB, 722x871px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
307KB, 722x871px
>golden
>vastly improved

LEL
>>
>>387006302
literally best girl
>>
>>387006302
lol @ people still buttmad that their waifus are just thots compared to canon waifu marie
>>
File: Rare_Hand.png (101KB, 200x350px) Image search: [Google]
Rare_Hand.png
101KB, 200x350px
>>387006302
Golden Hands/Happiness Hand/Wealth Hands are enemies that give an insane amount of bonuses. On easier difficulties in Persona 4 Golden, they were plentiful. A player could run through a dungeon in progress until they appeared. Killing them granted more experience than killing the boss. Players could farm for hours and bypass most of the challenges in the game.
>>
File: Marie2.gif (168KB, 940x471px) Image search: [Google]
Marie2.gif
168KB, 940x471px
>>387006302

Why do we pretend Marie is bad again? She adds a new dungeon to the game that is completely optional. Besides, she contrasts well with Margaret, making the Velvet Room much more lively than before.
>>
>>387006851
It's mainly her attitude and her insane outbursts. She is a huge distraction from the rest of the game.
>>
Haru simply must be introduced into the story earlier on, just like Naoto was.

I propose to introduce her as a confidant immediately after the fireworks festival event. Cap her at rank 4, make her rarely available and hard to level up, introduce her vegetable mechanic at the same time, and give her some vegetable-related perks.

Then, when she joins in her dungeon, she gets Baton Pass immediately (just like Akechi) so she doesn't feel like dead weight in her own dungeon, given that it's the third-last dungeon in the entire game.
>>
>>387006851

She's completely fine, aside from the nonsense tsundere outbursts. If they just made her a legitimately cool chick (like her design suggests) she'd get way less hate. I liked her more on a replay, though.
>>
>>387006302
>tits are as big as Naoto's
>ass is pretty big
>short hair that actually looks good unlike Chie's
She's great
>>
File: cory.jpg (75KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
cory.jpg
75KB, 547x692px
>>387008168
>cow tits
>fat ass
>short hair

three strikes, you're out
>>
>>387008237
What are you, gay?
>>
>>387008426
No, I have finer tastes
>>
File: persona_5_goro[1].jpg (429KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
persona_5_goro[1].jpg
429KB, 1280x723px
Persona 5 is perfect already, it can't be improved.
>>
>>387008490
WHO'S YOUR WAIFU,ANON?
>>
>>387008627
no trash from P4, Chihiro from P3
>>
>>387008580
I find it hard to believe that you think Akechi was a good character, he had stupid motives and his character was forgotten before he could even do anything important.
>>
File: 1502408387659.png (284KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502408387659.png
284KB, 500x500px
Get rid of those stupid rat parts in Shido's palace
>>
File: 1406652533835.png (68KB, 337x295px) Image search: [Google]
1406652533835.png
68KB, 337x295px
>>387008687
>Chihiro
>>
>>387008996
>no argument so posts le reaction image instead
>>
>>387008739
He was forgotten because he died on yhe cognitive world and thus was removed from cognition.
>>
>>387009959
>died

Let's be real, with the recent popularity poll, he definitely will be back and Atlus is very secretive about it.
>>
>>387006212
Make Hifumi a party member
>>
>>387006212
I wouldn't say Persona 5 is boring, or too long. Quite the opposite, in fact. Mechanically it's very fun and adds a lot of improvements over 3 and 4, whether you're talking about the battle system or the dungeons or the things you can do around the city.

The story was piss poor though. I can't even remember all my complaints because there are so many of them. For a game that's ostensibly about a band of thieves, you never do any actual thievery or really do anything that's stealthy, you just beat the shit out of bad guys like every other RPG. Contrary to the expectations set by the game's opening hours, there's hardly ever any sense of risk or danger in your party's activities. Shido and Akechi are dumb villains who are both very underdeveloped. Everything that happens after Shido's palace is extremely retarded. In general the story is just riddled with pacing issues and wasted potential. They had all the ideas necessary for a great story, but they just didn't put them together.

So the main way to improve on P5 for me would basically be to design a different game using the same characters and setting, which they're obviously not going to do. Everything else about the game is fantastic enough that I can sort of forgive the weak story though.
>>
File: 1493776191318.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493776191318.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>387006212
More dating sim parts
Have ann take her ponytails out like Rise did
>>
Don't make the story and characters as retarded and unlikable. Literally nothing the main cast ever did was smart. The twists were incredibly predictable. The combat was boring and repetitive.

Maybe it's because I'm a little older and bit more jaded, but I couldn't force myself to enjoy this game no matter how bad I wanted to. I got about 70 hours in and gave up. What a waste of fucking time.
>>
>>387006212
If I go to Mementos or a Palace after school, I should still be able to do something in the evening. That was honestly the absolute worst part of the game.

The other bad part was that you couldn't start over battles if you lost them. I know what I did wrong, I'd rather not restart from my last save from over an hour ago...

Everything else was great, though.
>>
File: IMG_6811.jpg (95KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6811.jpg
95KB, 1024x576px
Loli romance option.
>>
>>387009959
You are partially right.

His "death" remains to be seen. He was able to give a full monologue while supposedly surrounded by cognitive pawns. Between Loki and his ability to corrupt Personas, he could handle them. Those gunshots could've been him finishing off the paralyzed/corrupted enemies.

The reason why people forgot about him was due to Shido's connections trying to wipe out all evidence, which is why the public first started to forget about The Phantom Thieves. Until it's revealed that the final boss was responsible.
>>
>>387011303
>If I go to Mementos or a Palace after school, I should still be able to do something in the evening.
You already can do this, if you get Kawakami's social link to max rank. You can call her in the evenings to give you a massage, which will remove your tired status and allow you to do something else.
>>
File: 1438488395579.jpg (85KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1438488395579.jpg
85KB, 816x816px
>>387006302
Literally optional
>>
>>387008687
>Chihiro from P3.
My nigger.
>>
>>387011265
If Persona 5s combat was boring and repetitive, then what the fuck was 3 and 4s? Dumpster fire tier?
>>
>>387012067
All of them have boring, repetitive combat. I played them mostly for the social links in all honesty. But Persona 5 made the story and characters so glaringly awful that I couldn't bring myself to play through it.
>>
>>387011737
And what a great option she is.
>>
>tone down the "lets not do that tonight"
>heavily tone down the "do you really think his heart will change" convos and texts
>Make the alert gauge more noticeable, I didn't really notice it at all in my playthrough
>Fix Ryuji's character. He was great in the S. Link and the Kamoshida arc, but becomes insufferable as the story progresses
>Give incentive to finish dungeons quickly, maybe make Kaneshiro charge you money every few days, make Futaba block texts so you have trouble finding out which S. Links are available, etc.
>Make Morgana leaving actually important. Maybe have you compete with him/Haru to make Okumura's palace interesting (they loot items, trigger alarms, etc.), then team up with them for the boss fight.
>have Goro actively attack/sabotage you every now and then as the black masked man so you actually have a grounds to not like him, despite not knowing who he is.

>Give Akechi a proper S.Link. If he's gonna be the most popular character, give him some actual development
>play out the month in Jail, or at least show the PTs/confidants visit you every now and then
>nerf Makoto a little, she's a bit too good for a Jack of all Trades
>costumes not as DLC a la p4g
>buff guns. I only ever used them as Haru or to exploit weaknesses. They should be better than normal weapons if they have limited ammo
>general improvements like more personas, items, etc.
>>
remove morgana
>>
>>387006212
>Hifumi is part of the phantom thieves
>Lala confidant
>Newspaper girl confidant to replace Ohya
>Ryuji, Iwai and Sae are romanceable
>>
>>387013962
This.

>>387014087
>romancing Iwai
I mean... I'm not even that opposed to having gay romance options, but c'mon man, that's just wrong...
>>
>>387006212
>Persona 4 golden
>Improved on the original.
>Literally don't need to ever fuse throughout the entire game.
>Bonus dungeon is a shit gimmick dungeon that's slow as fuck and has Maries cringe poems and dialogues.
I can't believe I wasted 100 hours on this piece of garbage. Persona 4 is absolute fucking trash.
>>
>>387014343
Why is Iwai different to any of the other adult romances?
>>
>>387006212
More minigame stuff like the baseball practice

Have school clubs like in p3/p4 being the extra confidants
>>
>>387014368
P4 was already easy to begin with so why do you care about getting certain skills? P4G had the better Chie, more gang development, tweaked combat, and in general more shit to do.
>>
File: IMG_20170408_005552~01.jpg (2MB, 3020x1946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170408_005552~01.jpg
2MB, 3020x1946px
>>387006212
Would've been a 10/10 for me if there was less text and the game wasn't so linear. It'd also be nice if battle lines only played once each encounter, didn't repeat.

I thought Akechi was handled poorly, but I don't really expect much from the stories of any RPG. And besides, it feels like the game is targeted more at teenagers despite being rated M. The social commentary is what made the story and characters entertaining to me. Sure as hell don't want to see another teenage detective in P6 though.
>>
>>387006212
>texts that provide unique scenes or mementos events show up with a unique symbol on your phone so you know which ones are actaully worth reading
>be able to progress past rank 8 in kawakami while out of school (in summer, basically)
>can find a bit of ammo in palace loot which doesn't have items so you actually use your gun sometimes for fun instead of a "this enemy is weak to gun shoot it" situation
>some main party "festival type" events that don't go to shit in some way and the party have a kinda good time
>after you exit the velvet room with your friends but before you leave, you can go back and find punished "venom" akechi in a cell and have him fight the last boss with you
>can actually browse the phan-site after you fix the laptop and shitpost

they kinda fucked up. p4g had this whole thing where you could play where before there was a timeskip, and it added a bunch of cool scenes and more time to do shit. in p5 the MC is in jail during that time so you can't really do shit
>>
Make the final 3 months playable. Intergrate Haru into the plot in a smoother fashion, anything else is gravy on top of that.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.