[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switch will have more exclusives in 9 months than Xbox One had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 54

File: download.png (5KB, 289x175px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 289x175px
http://gamingbolt.com/the-switch-will-have-more-exclusives-in-9-months-than-the-xbox-one-has-had-in-all-of-2016-and-2017-put-together

What's funny about this is that both of them need something the other console already has. Switch needs third party support and Xbox needs more exclusives.
Sony always wins baby(?)
>>
Exclusives are only a big deal for Nintendo because it's all they have
>>
>>387004745
The Xbox is a joke now. I loved my 360, both of them.
>>
>>387004823
Graphics are only a big deal when your console of choice PS4 looks the 'best'.
>>
>>387004745
Isnt the Switch getting madden and shit? Isnt that the essential "normie core" 3rd party?
>>
>>387004745
What switch is needs is online infrastructure. It will have enough 3rd party support.
>>
>>387004745
Ok I don't care I still like my Xbox if this happens maybe I might get a switch?
>>
>>387004745
I thought the Switch already had three exclusives.
>>
>>387004927
It's getting FIFA, NBA2K, and some other stuff from third party. It shows third party support is happening but the Switch hasn't been out for a year yet and all its getting are sports games and a Skyrim so who knows?
>>
>>387004993
ok
nothing wrong with that to be honest
>>
>>387004745
Call me when the Switch gets a 2D Metroid; if Metroid Dread comes to the 3DS, then the Switch really wouldn't be worth buying.
>>
>>387004745
That's only a problem if you own a PC
The xbone alone is appealing enough. Definitely not the "worst console of all time" /v/ wishes it was
>>
>>387004927
Normalfags already have a PS4 to play them on, they won't buy a Switch for Madden and Fifa
>>
>>387005381
>there's a metroid prime (yeah it's not 2D) for the Switch in development and a 2D metroid coming out soon on the 3DS
yeesh no one is ever happy with anything are they
>>
>>387004745
When you take indies in to account it's somehow more unfavorable to the bone
>>
>>387005385
>Console with literally 0 games
>Not useless

The 3DO has a bigger catalogue of exclusives worth pursuing than the Xbone. It's sad, man.
>>
>>387004745
>>Sony always wins baby(?)
Absolutely not. Anyone who says that the PS4 had games for the first two years is a fucking liar. You know what games I had for the PS4 for the longest time? Destiny and Bloodborne. That was literally all I had.
Also, at least the Xbone has backwards compatibility, which meant I could finally put away my 360 and actually start using my Xbone. Sony's absolutely laughably detached stance on the subject only proves that they're already high on their own ego once again, and they're no doubt going to fuck it all up, which they've already started by pissing off their fans by raising the price of PS+ in Europe, by far their largest consumer base.
>>
>>387005846
The price was raised in the US last year, and they've said at least 40-50 times since the price raise here that europe wasn't far behind. Anyone who didn't expect it, cancel their PS+, stock up on it in advance, or whatever else had no one to blame, literal fucking retards.
>>
>>387005940
>Defending Sony raising the prices of PS+ for literally no reason other than so they can greedily rub their hands together faster
>>
>>387005589
This true the switch came late to the party
>>
>>387005827
it still has a larger library than PS4
>>
>>387005597
Hey, I'm buying a New 3DS XL for Metroid Samus Returns that way I can get Metroid Dread next. I buy Nintendo consoles for 2D Metroid games the same way I buy Xbox consoles for FPS Halo games starring the Master Chief. If I don't get that, then for me, there is no point in owning a Xbox console or a Nintendo console.
>>
>>387006060
A larger library of games you can run on a PC that's, what, a hundred dollars more and has far more utility in your life?

Shit man, that's a terrible argument. Having a Bone is only attractive if you're completely uninformed about your hobby, don't want to shell out for a PC, and can't wait two or three years to play these games. It's an Ouya tier investment. Yeah, if you don't CARE that you can get all those games on a more ubiquitous device that's fine, but you're pretty much just fucking yourself.
>>
>>387006110
well I guess that's a fair point, buy/don't buy a console if you like/dislike the games for it
>>
>>387004927
It needs CoD, GTA, Battlefield, and people to hype up those ports as worth having.

The audiences that play those games don't know shit about graphics/specs they just need the games to not be obviously inferior. They likely won't get a Switch for those now though since they're all settled in with a PS4 already and are comfortable with what they have. It's an audience they already lost.
>>
Xbox is shit

They don't buy rpgs

They don't buy fighters

They don't buy anything that isn't a shooter or a racing game

They forced Remedy to go multiplatform
>>
>>387006327
nice deflection
>>
>>387006345
>It needs CoD, GTA, Battlefield, and people to hype up those ports as worth having.
When it ends up not getting third party support people will just fall back on "it's not a main system it's only for exclusives!" like the Wii U.
>>
Nintendo partners up with Xbox

Sony partners up with Valve

It makes total sense. I'm siding with PC/PS4 though
>>
>>387006345
Coming from a PC & Switch owner, I'd never really want to play those games on the Switch, but good point.
>>
>>387004745
This is why I am ashamed I bought a Xbox One in 2014 then bought a PS4 in 2015. I felt indebted to Xbox because it was the first console I owned when I was a kid and had great memories on it and even skipped out on the ps3 for the 360. I play my PS4 way more than the Xbox One and it's because there are games out for PS4 on a regular basis I want to play. I just beat Persona 5, and I still haven't beat Nier Automata, and FFXV and I already preordered Yakuza Kiwami and plan to get .hack :Last Recode. For Xbox? Cuphead is coming which I thought I was going to get but I realized I may be wasting my money, and everything else I want on Xbox is either a multiplat (just so I can fill my Xbox one library since it sucks) or a game that already came out like Recore. In fact Recore is the only console exclusive game on Xbox I haven't played that I want to play. And PS4 has several things I want to get that are coming soon like Yakuza 6, Spiderman, and Blue Reflection along with games like GR2, Tales of Berseria, Fate Extella, and Crash N.Sane Trilogy which already came out. I may just pack my Xbox up until I decide to buy a multiplat. I'm really ashamed for the platform. As for Switch I am going to wait until spring of 2018 which is around my birthday to treat myself to one if there are at least 5 games I want for it. So far Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are on my list. Hope a banger like Bayo 2 gets ported or even a Bayo 3.
>>
>>387006556
>Sony partners up with Valve
So they can never make a new game ever again?
>>
>>387006556
Your fanfiction sucks.
>>
>>387006527
Well I don't blame them, it would be pretty dumb to only limit yourself to Nintendo consoles now especially if you know how it's going to be with third party support.
>>
>>387006502
>He says when he deflected to "b-but PS4!"
I don't blame anyone for not buying a PS4, but it certainly has a wealth of exclusives and up-ports.
>>
>>387006656
>and even skipped out on the ps3 for the 360
The PS3 had literally nothing of value from 2006 to 2009, so you dodged a bullet there
>>
>>387004823
exclusives are the only thing consoles have in general
>>
>>387006815
Well actually I ended up buying a PS3 earlier this year to play Yakuza 3-5 so I also bought Infamous1+2, MGS collection and a few others so I guess it was best that I bought it once it ended.
>>
>>387006527
>When it ends up not getting third party support people will just fall back on "it's not a main system it's only for exclusives!" like the Wii U.

Well that kinda just proves maybe Nintendo exclusives aren't really worth buying a console for with or without third party support
>>
SWITCH EXCLUSIVE *

*ALSO ON WII U
>>
>>387006802
it just proves how crap the PS4 is you literally cant make a comparison of PS4vBone because the Bone craps on it so you say muh PC
>>
>>387007082
splatoon 2, mario odyssey and xenoblade 2 alone give the switch more exclusives than the xbox, correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>387004745
Microsoft has a brain (unlike console warriors) and knows most people that have an Xbox One don't have a gaming PC and that Xbox/Windows games are de facto exclusives. They also know that most people don't give fuck about exclusives. The highest selling games are multiplats even ignoring the game's sales on other platforms.
>>
>>387007082
Everyone here told me no one bought a WiiU so why should I care that they ported their games?
>>
>>387007082
go ahead and also say available on PC because emulation, we get it
>>
>>387007272
if that were the case PS4 is trashing the xbone in terms of multiplats. MS seriously underestimated the value of exclusives and thought the xbone could live off the brand name alone. The xbone has been irrelevant for years, no one even gave a shit about the XBX days after its reveal
>>
>>387007289
Because facts > feelings

>>387007171
I guess 3 is a bigger number than 0

>>387007498
lol
>>
>>387007171
>Forza Motorsport 5
>Sunset Overdrive
>Halo 5

They will have the same amount of exclusives by the time Xenoblade 2 comes out if Natsuki Chronicle isn't out for the Xbox One by then
>>
>>387006040
>defending
how? It's an awful thing but what's even more awful is people who didn't see this coming are allowed to breathe. I bought 4 years of PS+ at €40, now dumb fucks are gonna pay €60 for the same amount of time, why would they not look this shit up especially after the internet was ablaze when it happened LAST YEAR, when they announced they'd be doing it here LAST YEAR.
>>
>>387007154
...Except I literally just said it had plenty of actual exclusive games worth playing. Meanwhile the work computer you're going to have anyway with a few upgrades can run the entire Bone library. Hell, wait a year or two and it'll be cheaper than buying the console itself.
>>
>>387006556
>Nintendo Partners up with Valve
>Microsoft partners with Sony
XB1 and PS4 both have the same shit anyways, Valve and Nintendo both have good platforms with much higher quality and variety of games.
>>
>>387007612
You forgot that Switch also has the Rabbids game and (unfortunately) 1, 2 Switch.
>>
>>387007612
oh I forgot about Sunset Overdrive, then against I also forgot about ARMS
>>
>>387007272
>don't care about exclusives
by that logic, xbox one should be at the top of the charts because all it has are ports of games (what people really care about) from other consoles and nothing different, unique, or exclusive to the console like its competitors
(also 4K i guess)
>>
>>387007630
>muh PC
>>
>>387007612
>Splatoon 2
>Mario Odyssey
>ARMS
>Xenoblade 2
>Rabbids X mario
>FE warriors
>>
>>387008009
i hope they keep up this sort of thing in 2018
>>
>>387008198
well we got Kirby, Yoshi, SMT HD (unsure if exclusive), and some more unannounced shit I'm sure
>>
>>387008316
Also metroid
>>
I love the narrative that the Xbone is a failure when it sold more than double the Wii U did despite the Wii U getting a year's head start. It was hilarious seeing /v/ hype up EVERY game the Wii U got in a desperate attempt to ensure its success, which is why each game for it has such populated threads. The same thing is happening with the Switch; EVERY GOD DAMN GAME is hyped up to exorbitant levels with the occasional S-SEE IT'S GETTING NBA IT'S NOT A FAILURE GUYS. Time will tell if it is a success but if it isn't I will be laughing.
>>
>>387008685
>prime 4
>2018

wew lad

>>387008715
>it sold more than double the Wii U did despite the Wii U getting a year's head start

[citation needed]

also it's not like outselling the WiiU is an achievement
>>
>>387008715
>EVERY GOD DAMN GAME is hyped up to exorbitant levels
That's literally any console exclusive anon, don't try and lie. Did you even see Horizon Zero Dawn or Persona 5 threads?
>>
File: fair.jpg (19KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
fair.jpg
19KB, 384x384px
>Bought an Xbone
>Play through the few worthwile games it has
>A month later scalebound gets cancelled
>Only exclusive they have released this year is is fucking Halo Wars 2, while the PS4 and even the fucking Switch have been great in that department
>disappointing e3 full of Multiplats and Indie/Early Access tier games they shilled as “exclusives” even though they're just timed

The only game I feel I'll turn this thing on for is Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and who knows when that will come out
>>
>>387008715
No one is even saying the Xbox One is a failure, we're talking about the EXCLUSIVES on the system.
(which I think mircosoft shot itself in the foot big time by sharing exclusives with PC)
also
>every god damn game is hyped up on the Switch
was 1, 2 Switch hyped up? that's what I thought
>>
>>387008009
FE warriors is also on n3ds. But add SMT5, New FE and new pokemon
>>
>>387008923
Scalebound's cancellation hurt me too, it's okay anon. If only Mircosoft were more about games and not 4K.
>>
>>387008961
not to mention No More Heroes
>>
>>387007961
It seems like those are the only words you know, anon.

Guess I'll be busy enjoying actual games on my actual console while you enjoy your overpriced rebranded alienware.
>>
>>387009276
>people can't find enjoyment in playing games on PC too
>PCs are "overpriced" yet does everything it's supposed to depending on build
>the only gaming PCs to ever exist is Alienware
come on now
>>
>>387009147
Completely forgot about that one. Goes to show how little impact it had.
>>
>>387009276
no you won't you'll be shitposting on /v/
>>
>>387006556
>sony partners up with valve

it'd be like that guy that had sex with a monkey
>>
>>387009147
nah this shit aint coming in 2018
>>
I challenge anyone to come up with a single valid reason as to why the Xbone should still exist. This is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>387004745
Both are deadass better than the PS4 when combined.
>>
>>387009902
of course, it's just "in development". but still who knows?
>>
>>387010183
everything is better with nintendo in my opinion
>>
File: falloutSwitch.jpg (295KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
falloutSwitch.jpg
295KB, 1280x720px
Wish they'd put some older Elder Scrolls on it as well.
>>
>>387010309
True desu
>>387010292
What does the PS4 have that isn't either on Xbox or PS3/Vita... Bloodborne and... Killzone?
>>
One of the reasons Nintendo BTFO Sony and Xbox is because they CONSTANTLY innovate. I can not WAIT to play

>Mario XVI
>Zelda XVX
>Super Smash Brothers XXI
>Starfox XXVI
>Weird Naruto/anime game XXCXXVI

Love these exclusives man. Luckily these games are literally identical to their 46 previous counterparts with zero changes made, so I'll be able to breeze through them in about an hour.
>>
>>387004823

Exclusives are the only thing a console has.

Otherwise, why not just play it on P.C.?
>>
>>387010412
are they still exclusive to the switch though?
also
>Weird NARUTO/anime game XXCXXVI
c'mon anon, you can do better than that
>>
>>387010412
HZD is the only new First party game
Xboz only rehashes
3rd party developers make the same game constantly like SF.
>>
what's the point of paying $600 more for 60fps?
>>
>>387009586
I'm calling the Bone an overpriced Alienware, anon.
>>
>>387010762
what the point in paying $500 for 4K?
>>
>>387006556
what
doh forget it just take a (You)
>>
>>387006556
>Xfag delusions

Nintendo and Xbox are complete opposites, it would make more sense for Nintendo and sony to partner up against Xbox/Valve
>>
>>387006556
>Halo X Metroid
>Samus and Master Chief team up to fight the powerful Covenant and Space Pirates across the galaxy
This needs to happen.
>>
>>387012646
the only thing that needs to happen is your suicide
>>
3rd party will never actively support Nintendo mostly cause they know it support a platform where they will have un needed competition

On PS and XB they knkw Sony and Microsoft only make a good 1st party game every time the planets allign

On Nintendo consoles they know that they will have more competition from Nintendo IPs emselves

So from that unwanted competition + PS and XB side by side preventing any ln the 2 from creating a monopoly + PC, 3rdparty can live without giving a flying fuck for Nintendo

It would take Microsoft to leave the market and Sony became a tyrant (for this one is easy) for 3rd party to eat its heart out and support Nintendo as the best the they can
>>
>>387012810
You should kill yourself first you worthless Sonyigger/PCunt. Maybe you should ask yourself why Sony doesn't have a series like Metroid and Halo and characters like Samus and Master Chief, because that's the main reason I never purchase a Sony system, nothing worth getting.
>>
>>387013043
metroid is my favorite series, suggesting it should be tainted by trash like halo warrents your death, ESPECIALLY 343 shit
>>
>>387005153
You say that like those ports are bad things and that I'm not looking forward to playing FIFA and NBA2k17 on my Switch.
>>
They don't need anything because both are being great. When you are making mad bank like Nintendo and Microsoft. you don't care about a brandwhore dick measuring contest. Neither "needs" anything. Microsoft, and it's consumers are better off with also on pc, and nobody buys a switch for multiplats.
>>
>>387008805
>I-It's not like that was hard or anything. I totally wasn't hyping it up while it was out
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sales-reach-26-million-report/1100-6447023/

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/01/the-wii-u-has-sold-through-13-5-million-units-making-it-officially-nintendos-worst-selling-console/
>>
>>387004745
>Includes Mario kart 8, Pokken and Zelda as switch 'exclusives'.

I fucking love my switch, but you can't deny that it's really fucking irresponsible to claim those are pure 'exclusives',.
>>
>>387004927
I hope it gets madden. It runs like shit on vita. Plus i always wanted a way to play the full game with a buddy, without screen peeking play calls. Don't give a fuck about normies or sales though. Vita was the greatest handheld of all time, if /v/ considers it a "loss" i want a lot more losses.
>>
>>387006345
They objectively don't need and won't benefit from any of those things. The fanbase of those already play of pc, or if they are retarded, PS4/Xbone. You need something new to sell them on a product. And that's what Nintendo is doing. You don't sell someone a bbq on the basis it does some of the things your stove does. They already have the fucking stove, show them why they need both. Vidya doesn't operate by /v/ console wars rules, it's not a choice of either ps4 or switch. It's one, neither, or both.
>>
>>387013093
Both are my favorite series and you should kill yourself on the fact that you think Bungie can make good Halo games. Halo 1-3 were flukes and Reach was the pile of shit Bungie always wanted to make. 343, on the other hand, are already improving
>finally ending the ending the cancer of making new OC characters in the FPS games and sticking to the Chief for now own
>finally not using outside sources to tell their stories
>bringing back split screen and lan
>having all mp features, Forge, and File Browser at launch
>bringing back black undersuits
>adding AI to Forge
>may be dropping the retarded squad based gameplay from Halo 5

Metroid is only truly good in 2D anyway.
>>
>>387013764
0/10, don't bother responding I won't reply
>>
>>387013764
>tfw a retarded xbro who has some retarded ideas of a terrible crossover is 100% right about bungie and 343
>>
>>387013901
>he likes ODST and Reach
You really should kill yourself now. Since you love those piles of shit so much, you can go play their other disasters Destiny and the upcoming Destiny 2.

>>387013903
>he thinks the FPS genre was good
New flash faggot, the FPS genre was always boring shit. the N64's FPSs and Halo were the only ones worth playing, I still don't know how that genre got popular.
>>
>>387014164
Halo is grossly operated normie crap. And no N64 FPS is remotely good. Like goldeneye was fun with friends as a kid. But it's a bit like Sonic, vomit inducing when you revisit as an adult. The PC FPS scene of the day was fucking miles ahead. But I'm going to assume you don't play in pc much, so yes, most console shooters lick ass.
>>
>>387013418
As long as they have content other version do not, that ja basically an exclusive
>>
>>387014408
Fucking miles ahead my ass, the FPS genre has always been boring shit. First, they were Wolfenstein ripoffs, then they were Half-Life ripoffs, and after that they became CODshit. Literally, they're the same fucking shit, even Bungie made shit FPSs before actually making a good one, Halo. Halo was different that's why I liked it, three genres mixed in one.
>>
>>387014571
>fucking miles ahead my ass
If you don't think quake or even doom were miles ahead of goldeneye you are mentally fucking ill.
Halo was nothing special or innovative. It took the high speed shooters of the time and slowed them down because they were multiplats with large console releases. Bungie is the most Pretentious shit studio out there. They are dumb fun, when they actually are available on PC, but nothing to write home about. Halo 5 was the only one i thought was more than just above average. Never was a mix of anything though. Even today with halo 5 being the best in the series, probably only my 3-4 favourite to play this summer alone. Not even counting old crap or campaign centric games.
>>
>>387014946
What the fuck did these FPSs do, you suck their dicks so hard but every time I played them it was the same shit, a fucking maze. I shoot shit and then I run around a stupid maze, then I make it to the goal, that's it. Halo had unique weapons, third person vehicles, and RTS like enemies, Halo was unique. You can't really even compare it to any shooter because nothing plays like it, that's why I find other shooters boring. It's like comparing some Metroidvania game to Metroid, it's just not the same as Metroid. I'm not bitter about some console FPS vs PC FPS you guys got going on, but I never saw the appeal of FPS. I only really like the ones that try something different and unique.
>>
>>387015320
>unique weapons.
Yeah like an assault rifle, then one that shoots blue bullets. Then like a pistol and Uhh one that shoots coloured bullets.
>vehicles
Yeah... Definitely the first fps to ever have vehicles..
>rts like enemies
The fuck does that even mean?
>nothing plays like it
Except all the games it ripped off, maybe if you run them 50% speed anyway. I suggest you play some unrral tournament, doom or better yet quake if you want something like halo but faster. Tactical fps can always be fun and the "cs" genre is a blast competively. But if you just want a single player experience. D44m is the only one I can think of in like a decade that was good. Multiplayer if you want recent titanfall 2, rs6 seige, and csgo are all great. Haven't tried the new quake.
>>
>>387015783
Just face facts, the FPS genre is shit with no worthwhile innovations, Halo is the only one worth mentioning since your genre is garbage. First, they were Wolfenstein, then they were Half-Life, after that they were CODshit, now it's Hero shooter shit. There's a reason Halo is the only FPS I play now. The genre is just boring, same reason I only play Metroid instead wasting my time on all these other worthless Metroidvania games.
>>
>>387004745
>in which case we would be left withliterally no games on the Xbox One list.
Lmao
>>
>>387016019
Cod was always meh, half life was a shitty tech demo. The orignal wolfenstein is terribly dated
With all that said i don't think halo cracks the top 20, you just keep regurgitating the same normie crap as if you have actually delved into this genre you think halo "revolutionized" or did anything for at all. It's overhyped normie crap. The avengers of vidya. Like half life 3 but for consoles. Maybe move to reddit or neogaf. More likely to be your speed.
>>
File: 1491245977936.jpg (59KB, 450x473px) Image search: [Google]
1491245977936.jpg
59KB, 450x473px
>>387010379
How would you play the classic games on the Switch though?

also
>playing any Bethesda titles on console
>>
>>387016345
I can care about the shitty FPS genre, I told you bores me shitlest. I like Halo's gameplay and playing Master Chief, I can care less about your stupid genre. Also, why are mentioning Neogaf, a place filled with SJWs and pedos?
>>
>>387016615
*less
>>
>>387010428
PC isn't as popular a platform as you think it is
>>
>>387006345
I like to think that most people that own a Switch already own a PC capable of running those games.
>>
>>387016931
What does popularity have to do with pc being a better experience than console
>>
File: FB_IMG_1502604044927.jpg (35KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502604044927.jpg
35KB, 480x854px
>>387010428
>>387017628

Nobody cares about pc you attention starved faggot.
>>
>>387004745
>BotW
>Forza Horizon 3
>>exclusive
Those aren't even the only games that are also on other platforms
>>387004927
Not that important anymore because normalfags have their PS4 to play them on.
Now the Switch is the second console they get for MK/Zelda/Mario.
It's vital in the beginning but the Switch just came out this year
>>
>>387017827
>Fine, you eat that steak. I'm going to cover my body in these cow feces!
>>
I'll probably never turn my Xbox on again since all their exclusives will be on PC.
Ill have a couple reasons to turn on my PS4 though
>>
>>387017827
oh boy a comic, woah im wrong now
>>
>>387017827
you know this thread is about which is the best platform which is pc then ps4
>>
>>387004745
>Sony always wins baby(?)
If by winning you mean paying more for online sure.
The gamer isn't actually winning.

>Nintendo
>cheapest of the lot, great exclusives, but has shit online framework

>Xbox
>promises the most tech, zero exclusives, better all play them on PC

>PS4
>gets the most gaming genres but you need to pay more for online now, even though their online security is the flimsiest of all platforms

>PC
>gets the most games, but these shitty poorfag emulator idiots won't support consoles because of the reasons I've stated but will support tax evading devs and lootboxes
>>
File: 1492368949085.jpg (49KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
1492368949085.jpg
49KB, 565x486px
>mfw Xbox fails out of the console market and we're back to jovial competition between Sony and Nintendo
>>
File: feels good.png (30KB, 590x594px) Image search: [Google]
feels good.png
30KB, 590x594px
>>387018426
It wouldn't reverse the damage the 360 did to the industry, but damn it'd make my dick hard. Fuck Microsoft
>>
>>387018426
>>387018489
>people on this site actually want Sony's anti-consumer asses to have a monopoly in the industry
I'm glad you two faggots want another video game crash.
>>
>>387018571
>monopoly

hello? What are nintendo and the PC market? Also microsoft is way more anti consumer than Sony's ever been, they were just cucked/humiliated with the Xbone when they tried to pull their shit again
>>
>>387018234
sony online cost the same as xbox
nintendo has no online security guess why people are able to get games free without downloading a iso of some bad website xbox has no games because also on pc and nintendo great exclusives i sure love wii sports fit sports party fit plus brainage and dont forget mario x rabbids
so only ones left is pc and ps4
>>
File: emoji.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
emoji.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>387018624
>We have a product for people who can't connect to the internet: It's called the Xbox 360

holy shit how did they think they could get away with this?
>>
>>387018571
yeah sony is anti consumer because i said with no hard evidence yeah but forget about nintendo with all the exclusives fucking everybody else with resident evil remake
>>
>>387018647
>sony online cost the same as xbox
not anymore
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/playstation-plus-price-date-details-sony-online-play-latest-expensive-cost-rise-hike-a7864351.html
>>
File: pepe retard.png (250KB, 740x557px) Image search: [Google]
pepe retard.png
250KB, 740x557px
>>387018756
>exclusivity deals are anti consumer

must be a PFat
>>
>>387008961
>>387009147
Multiplat smt and nmh
>>
>>387017976
>horrible food analogy
>>387018142
>whoa got btfo better play cool
>>387018195
The OP is about switch vs boner. PC has nothing to do with anything you attention starved retards.
>>
>>387018831
so people in europe pay the same amount as us
>>
File: 1483565467174.jpg (27KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1483565467174.jpg
27KB, 640x638px
>>387018571
>anti-consumer
>mom won't buy me a ps4
>>
Literally no reason to own a Switch if you like good games unfortunately. An Xbox or PS4 will always be a better alternative.

The Switch is a secondary console with an already load of mediocre titles like arms and yoshi
>>
>>387018865
that's what nintenkiddies always complain about look at monster hunter nintenbros always say sony paid for monster hunter to be on every console except switch and even if they did it's a exclusivity deal
>>
>>387019123
>immedietly assumes I'm a nintenkid

I'm an idort, PC/nintendo/sony, getting both MHW and MHXX. if you think exclusives are anti-consumer you need to take your fedora off and stop browsing /r/masterrace
>>
>>387018624
>>387018732
>>387018756
Sony
>get a second job if you want a PS3
>PS1 and PS2 games are ancient, who plays those
>We're not cross playing with Nintendo or Microsoft because we are thinking about the children
>making movieshit and passing it on as games
>PS+

>>387018994
>he thinks I want that piece of shit when Sony doesn't even have a franchise like Metroid or Halo
>>
>>387018964
>it doesn't apply to me hence it doesn't exist
>>
>>387019265
none of the shit you posted is even half as bad as what the 360 did or what the XBone tried to do before getting BTFO
>>
>>387017827
That comic is very misrepresentitive of what he said. There you have a sperg, which could have been used when someone is saying, "haha you brand loyalist faggots why don't you get a pc its much cheaper and can get you better exclusives eith indies lol sonybros, nintenbros, and xbones please fuck off haha btfo". The man you respondes to just said, "Exclusives are the only thing a console has. Otherwise, why not just play it on P.C.?" This is non spergy and can be reasoned with, unlike the sperg.
>>
>>387019361
What did 360 do exactly besides prolapsing Sony's ass? Sony almost tried the same shit with the PS4.
>>
>>387019265
nintenautist thinks he has good games
yep i sure love brainage wii fit fit plus wii party wii sports sport resort im sure nintendogs was a good game yep lets buy this mario game rehash
thats the same as the one on ds a few times we even copied a ton of levels from the previous ones
>>
>ITT: People forget that PC gaming is almost entirely a Microsoft platform

MS doesn't give 1/2 of 1% of a fuck what "exclusive" means. You're already in their ecosystem. Like it or not niggers, if it's just on PC and Xbox, it's a Microsoft exclusive.
>>
>>387019540
Sony rehashes every game they have.
>>
>>387019489
the 360 is responsible for:
-paid online seen throughout the industry now
-advent of microtransactions
-ruining an entire generation of FPSes
-forcing all updates to be paid fucking over many indie companies/companies who wanted to give out free shit like MGR dlc

>prolapsing sony's anus
you do know the PS3 outperformed the 360 right
>>
>>387019282
they are paying the same amount as people in us
so we have to pay more than Europeans because what
>>
>>387019546
"microsoft exclusive" doesn't mean jack shit, we're trashing on the xbox
>>
>>387019597
name same god of war and infamous changed a lot from what i see
>>
>>387019628

>PS3 outperformed the 360

you best be joking nigger, almost every multiplat title was better on the 360

devs hated the thing
>>
>That Wii One fag getting owned
Delicious

>>387019546
Only if it's on the Windows 10 Store, maybe.
>>
>>387019628
>Sonyigger assblasted Sony got their ass kicked last gen

>>387019716
Yeah, they're movies now.
>>
>>387019738
he means sales
>>
>>387019648
why is this not a repulsive idea to you? why go all this way to defend fucking more expensive paid online?
>>
>>387019738
the ps3 sold more than the 360

>almost every multiplat title was better on the 360

and every multiplat looked better on PC anyway, plus nothing on the 360 compared to ps3 exclusives like TloU in terms of performance
>>
>>387019831
how is infamous a movie oh and
>moving the goalpost
>>
>>387019831
the 360 is the least selling console of the 7th generation, nice try though
>>
>>387019840
but tell me why does Europeans deserve cheaper online huh
huh
>>
>>387019776
I'm barely in this thread, and the whole Switch/Xbox One X thing ended as soon as Nintendo announced Metroid Samus Returns on 3DS. I'm Xbox One X and New 3DS XL now until Switch finally gets a 2D Metroid in this lifetime, even though I believe Metroid Dread will come for the 3DS over the Switch.
>>
>>387019905
>>387019910
Sony niggers still assblasted they lost
>>
>>387019996
>2D metroid on switch

nintendo doesn't do console 2D mainline games anymore unless they're platformers
>>
>>387020058
>lalala I can't hear you

delicious Xfag tears
>>
It's like the good ol days when Xbox actually mattered
>>
>>387020058
>still didnt answer me
>>387019597
you said sony rehashes games i picked 2 of sony's most liked series but then you said they're movies now but that was dodging the question because that was not what we were talking about dumb nintenkid
>>
File: 3252385-dcyqnkyxoaes9ne.jpg (161KB, 845x710px) Image search: [Google]
3252385-dcyqnkyxoaes9ne.jpg
161KB, 845x710px
>>387019597
>>387019716
>>
File: Casio-Loopy-Console-Set.jpg (59KB, 1200x608px) Image search: [Google]
Casio-Loopy-Console-Set.jpg
59KB, 1200x608px
Friendly reminder that the Casio Loopy had an active lifespan of about 6 months, where it built up a library of about 11 games, all of which were exclusive.

The Xbone has been out for 4 years and has about 3 exclusives.
>>
>>387020303
Why not just put every third person game in the existence of time?
>>
>>387020245
when was that again? Only between 2008-2009?
>>
>>387020303
so a forest is rehashing huh
games with different gameplay counts as a rehash just because you are in a forest
>>
>>387020303
Why fix something that isn't broken? All of those games look miles better than the Nintendo rehashes toddlers eat everyday.
>>
File: original.jpg (521KB, 2720x1020px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
521KB, 2720x1020px
>>387020439
>Why fix something that isn't broken?
>deflecting to nintendo
>>
>>387020250
See this guy>>387020303

>>387020142
>he still assblasted

>>387020085
What is Samus Returns you dumbfuck.
>>
>>387020351
Holy shit that controller looks atrocious. My thumb is feeling sore by just looking at it.
>>
>>387020393
because they don't look like this all the time
like shadow of mordor, witcher 3, mass effect

>>387020434
>games with different gameplay
is not what i would call them
>>
>shit, we cant compare the release year of the xbox and the switch, it looks terrible
>I KNOW LETS COMPARE TO WHATEVER THE LOWEST YEAR OR YEARS ARE LOL
>>
File: large.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>387020439
>Sony nigger can't defend the fact that Sony rehashes everything
>>
>>387020558
okay now show most mario games from ds to wii u
and dont nintenkids praise botw and say every loz game after oot copy's it and it's not good
>>
>>387020558
Lol, if you take away the titles of the games on Sony's side you wouldn't even be able to tell which installment is which
>>
yep lets somehow forget nintendo rehashes
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. 2
New Super Mario Bros.
>>
>>387020680
>meanwhile hes playing his switch edition of mario 49 but open world this time, and zelda 27 but open world this time
>>
File: oR12Wc6.jpg (419KB, 1920x870px) Image search: [Google]
oR12Wc6.jpg
419KB, 1920x870px
>>387020680
how are they rehashes first in the series for most of the games and they all have diffrent gameplay and story
>>
>>387021029
>Naughty dog: [Game]

Lol, do that with Nintendo and you could put in a game in every genre there is.
>>
>>387020952
I don't have a Switch and I'm not getting one until it gets a 2D Metroid game, but I am buying a New 3DS XL for Samus Returns.

>>387021029
Yeah, Sony's games are all movies and not fun like Nintendo games or Xbox games.
>>
>>387020085
not a console game idiot, on a handheld. Like I said, nintendo doesn't do console 2D mainline games anymore unless they're platformers Unless you want to be a cheeky faggot and count paper mario
>>
>>387021141
for>>387020620
>>
File: 1499652268533.jpg (89KB, 840x595px) Image search: [Google]
1499652268533.jpg
89KB, 840x595px
>>387021138
even if you dont like them we were talking about if they were rehashes are not dumb nintenkid
>>
File: 1500623195685.jpg (88KB, 474x443px) Image search: [Google]
1500623195685.jpg
88KB, 474x443px
>>387020732
>okay now show a pic with arbitrary conditions designed to make nintendo look bad

>>387021029
>he had to resort to using different titles in different franchises just to compete with nintendo's game genre and gameplay diversity
>>
>>387021232
what is this >>387020558 okay now show a pic with arbitrary conditions designed to make Sony look bad
>>387021232
and wtf do you mean i showed games with the exact same gameplay copied levels and almost no new stuff
>>
>>387021180
The Switch is a home console, for now, if the sales finally start to pick up in a massive way, Nintendo plans to make a Switch Slim, which will be a smaller Switch with a smaller screen to replace the 3DS but only IF the Switch can start picking up in sales in a big way. I honestly think Nintendo will just make a 4DS, the true successor to the 3DS since I rather get another handheld anyway than wasting any money on a Switch.

>>387021227
They're still not real games, Sonykid.
>>
>>387004745
yes people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games
whats your point?
>>
>>387021386
>The Switch is a home console, for now, if the sales finally start to pick up in a massive way, Nintendo plans to make a Switch Slim, which will be a smaller Switch with a smaller screen to replace the 3DS but only IF the Switch can start picking up in sales in a big way. I honestly think Nintendo will just make a 4DS, the true successor to the 3DS since I rather get another handheld anyway than wasting any money on a Switch.

what the fuck does this have to do with what I said? there still won't be a 2D metroid on the switch, just like every other non-platforming nintendo game
>>
File: 1501503081332.jpg (773KB, 1855x2275px) Image search: [Google]
1501503081332.jpg
773KB, 1855x2275px
>>387021232
saying im the Corporate Shill when this thread has just been butthurt nintenkids saying sony made nothing good and is worst than mircosoft
>>387021386
we were talking about if they were rehashes
stop moving the goalpost
>>
>>387021132
Nintendo has a lot of different developers
Naughty Dog is one developer
>>
>>387021448
Once again, that depends on whether or not the stupid thing becomes the 3DS successor, the way it's looking now, it won't, ever.

>>387021489
>Sonyigger mad he has movie games
>>
>>387004846
>nintenyear-olds being this delusional

The Switch is literally a joke. It's kept afloat by pedophiles and manchildren trying to desperately hold onto their Nintendo nostalgia from decades ago.
>>
>>387021672
>nintenkid moving the goalpost
>>
Funny enough they are the only two to actually work together. See minecraft.
>>
>>387021872
playstation has a good amount of crossplay titles with pc
>>
>>387021489
But Nintendo got TMS the better game.
>>
>>387021872
PS4 has crossplay with PC
>>
>>387021946
I'm talking xbox and PS4
>>
>>387021743
>It's kept afloat by pedophiles
Applies more to Sony gamers desu
They got the most weeb games
>nostalgia from decades ago
And remasters like SOTC, Crash in present day

Nintendo gamers are really manchildren tho
>>
>>387021953
enjoy somthing worse than weeb shit weaboo shit
but dont worry we will continue playing smt 3 dds 1-2 and not that easy crap like smt 4
strange journey is very good but that's old nintendo
>>
>>387022002
>actually responding seriously to that post

what an idiot lol
>>
>>387021997
oh
>>387022002
crash is a remake dumb nintenkid haha nintendo is the one that remasters shit what real remakes does nintendo have
>>
>>387022123
>what real remakes does nintendo have

the one coming out in a month
>>
>>387007171
I'm sorry but only one of the games you mentioned actually got released.
>>
>>387022181
the OP says "within 9 months", meaning all those games
>>
>>387022123
OOT3D and MM3D
>>
>>387021671
Nintendo is also one developer, they just have various internal teams.
>>
>>387022179
so one but
i think you may be a good nintendo fans one of the types of fans who dont buy super mario world 4-5 times
>>
>>387022123
>crash is a remake
the gameplay is the fucking same, the only thing differing it from the first ones are the graphics.
>>
>>387022029
>SMT4
>easier than SMT 3
What
>>
>>387022275
what? English motherfucker
>>
>>387022275
>>387022029
Seriously why do you talk like a fucking autist
>>
>>387022310
SMT4 is piss easy right after you beat medusa, SMT3 has difficulty throughout the game
>>
>>387022259
let's not get caught up with semantics
the size Naughty Dog is compared to Nintendo is incomparable
>>
>>387022290
a remake only requires making it from scratch
>>
>>387022369
>difficulty throughout the game
Go replay it, it's piss easy right after you learn about fusing
>>
>>387022373
Yeah, the comparison is flawed to begin with. But following the logic of
>Company: [Game]
You could practically include a game in every genre from Nintendo.
>>
>>387022491
no it isn't because minotaur is RNG and medusa is to a slight degree too unless you grind to hell, everything after them is a joke since your repertoire of abilities expands
>>
>>387022290
actually, there are slight differences
because they had to make it on a modern engine some things in the original game are lost (nothing deal breaking or even that makes the remake less faithful, but stuff neither the less)
are you really so stupid you think a remake is as simple as swapping assets?
>>
>>387022450
Uh then OOT3D, WW HD and MM3D counts
Even WW has all new assets (you can see by emulation that all the assets are different)
>>
>>387022373
Doesn't have to be just ND, Nintendo alone creates more diverse content than all three studios in the pic.
>>
>>387022491
>>387022535
the dlc is also super easy demi fiend immune to all except almighty makes since but
>>
>>387022535
but SMT 3 is even easier, you don't even need to grind as much

>>387022530
Nintendo hasn't made a true RTS yet I think
>>
>>387004919
>Boasting about console graphics
>Ever
>>
>>387022530
don't get caught up with semantics
you know what people mean
also Metroid Prime isn't developed by Nintendo, it's developed my Retro
>>
>>387022576
didnt say they aren't remakes
>>
>>387022638
>but SMT 3 is even easier, you don't even need to grind as much

no it fucking isn't, it has higher spikes than 4, has the hell labyrinth, and no crutches like paying the dude in the river of styx
>>
File: SMTIV_US_COVER.jpg (329KB, 1500x1334px) Image search: [Google]
SMTIV_US_COVER.jpg
329KB, 1500x1334px
>>387022601
Do you even fucking speak english. I thought we were talking about SMT 4?
>>
>>387022592
half their games are shitty side scrollers (and i'm not saying side scrollers are shitty, just that the ones they make are shitty)
>>
>>387022638
Isn't Pikmin a strategy game in real time?

Fire emblem? Advance Wars?
>>
>>387022721
You're really trying very hard right now
>>
>>387022736
I think pikmin falls under action RTS, like dota/league (no fuck you MOBA isn't a genre), it's just single player
>>
>>387022684
>higher spikes
Literally does not matter when you don't even need to grind through them. I was overlevelled even when I did not grind that much
>>
File: 598729.jpg (73KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
598729.jpg
73KB, 500x446px
>>387022638
what is mot thor dante the kalpas All Reason bosses Most fiends Lucy
>>387022706
this is smt 4 dlc
plus Messiahs of the Diamond Realm
>>
>>387022736
>Fire emblem? Advance Wars?
do you even know what an RTS is
>>387022798
those games aren't really comparable to Pikmin
>>
>>387022658
>you know what people mean
No I really fucking don't. What the fuck do you mean? Retro is under Nintendo as well
>>
>>387022658
Retro is nintendo dumbfuck
>>
>>387022872
I sometimes wonder if Sony hires paid shills

Now I realize they actually do, and they hire indian shills like microsoft too

Shame
>>
File: nintendo ss.png (3MB, 1585x1073px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo ss.png
3MB, 1585x1073px
>>387022784
lol if you say so
>>
>>387022950
i said strange journey is good
i also said smt 4 is easy didn't say it was bad
>>
>>387022901
>>387022948
2nd parties
if you're going to count Naughty Dog as a separate entity from Sony as a whole, you need to separate Nintendo 2nd parties too
>>
File: 1502378497482.jpg (16KB, 552x427px) Image search: [Google]
1502378497482.jpg
16KB, 552x427px
>>387022948
>Retro is nintendo
nigga what
>>
>>387022879
Real time strategy?

Pikmin has to fall under that.
>>
>>387023021
no, Retro is first party. Learn what a second party is moron
>>
>>387022978
lol you have to first prove that they are bad and second quantify all of them and prove they are half of the entire nintendo catalog. Go on, I'm waiting
>>
>>387022834
>grind is part of difficulty
>>
>>387023030
>nintendo owns 99% of their stocks
>integrated in company
>retro is involved in various nintendo games like mario kart
>uh not nintendo

idiot
>>
>>387023021
Retro is fucking first party

>>387023071
To be fair that's all the difficulty there is to SMT, besides RNG that you can tank through by grinding
>>
>>387023110
what is bosses random ecounters
>>
>>387022658
>Semantics
What semantics? Even if you exclude their aquired studios (e.g retro or monolith) you'd still be able to pull out games in every genre.

Who do you think makes shit like Splatoon, Pikmin, Miitomo, WiiSport or Animal Crossing? Nintendo.
>>
>>387023150
Can be made easy by grinding too, what's your point. As long as you are overlevelled and have tons of items it's a breeze
>>
>>387023110
>To be fair that's all the difficulty there is to SMT, besides RNG that you can tank through by grinding
what kind of idiot needs to grind for SMT games? only time when you kind of need to do that is for final bosses
the difficulty in SMT games is having to change your strategies (by exploiting weakness, using buffs, some games it gets tricky) for certain bosses, and make due with the small pool of demons you'd have at the time
SMT4 is easy because you have a huge pool of demons to choose from early on
SMT4A is hard though
>>
>Switch doesn't get multiplats
lmao Wii U 2.0
>Switch gets multiplats
Why would I buy a $400 tablet to play multiplats? I already have a PS4

So why do people say the Switch needs multiplats again?
>>
>>387023273
let's say you're only willing to spend money on 1 console
>>
>>387006556
>Sony partners up with Valve
>two companies that make lots of money but no games
Pottery
>>
>>387023270
>what kind of idiot grinds
The game naturally lets you grind with encounters every few steps. Running away is no less tedious than mashing buttons
>>
I can't wait for Nintendo to make the TRUE 3DS successor, the 4DS and makes Metroid Dread the last big game on the 3DS. I bet Nintendo will announce the 3DS's successor next year at E3 2018.
>>
>>387023312
>being poor
If you are only willing to spend money on one console every sane person would upgrade their PC instead

>>387023352
>4DS
Wonder how they would implement the 4D aspect of it
>>
>>387023312
why would anyone do that unless

1. They're poor/third world shits
2. Mommy will only buy you one console

I literally make enough money in less than 3 days to buy all 3 consoles
>>
>>387022978
>Tropical Freeze
>a shitty side scroller

That game is one of the best sides rollers I've ever played.

Also, fuck you for hating on Metroid. I've been waiting years for that shit.
>>
>>387023398
maybe, but there is also the people who don't want to deal with upgrading their PCs and would rather just have a console and be done with it
>>387023419
because why would I need two consoles?
why not save my money and put it to other things
>>
>>387023398
Well, I'm just calling it 4D because I don't know what the hell they're going to call the thing, but I know that chances are it will drop the 3D feature.
>>
>>387017976
>>387018142
>>387018195
>>387019375
>look at me i play on pc, i'm desperate for validation
sad
>>
>>387022978
>wow a mario sidescroller!
>wow a DK sidescroller!
>wow a kirby sidescroller!
>wow a metroid sidescroller!
The only ones for which you have a point are Chibi Robo and Pikmin.
>>
>>387023594
>don't want to deal with upgrading their PC
Then they are casuals and should be discarded as such
>why would I need 2 consoles
So you can play most exclusive games. PS4 + Switch + PC means you miss nothing but Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5
>>
>>387023660
(You)
>>
>>387023708
>Then they are casuals and should be discarded as such
>when i decide what counts i win
>So you can play most exclusive games. PS4 + Switch + PC means you miss nothing but Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5
so why should i care to play Nintendo games. If i don't buy a Switch all i'm missing out on is Nintendo games
>>
>>387004745
And yet both of them still only have 1 worthwhile exclusive
>>
>>387023975
Nintendo games I must add that's releases are months in between
>>
>>387024113
>switch
>worthwhile exclusive

???
>>
>Xbone is at 26M
>Nintendo expects to be at 13M by march 31

Switch can be the second best selling hardware and 3rd party still wont support em

Wii itself mopped the floor with PS3 and 360 together and 3rd party still did not support em
>>
>>387024197
>>387024197
Yeah if you don't care about Nintendo games you don't have to care, but why even ask? If I don't care about PS games I won't buy a PS4 either
>>
>>387024574
at least playstation (and xbox games) have multiplats
both arguably being cheaper and more convenient than a gaming PC
>>
>>387024687
>cheaper
>more convenient
Hell naw, especially since 99% of PC games can be gotten for free and you don't need paid online. It's no less or more convenient that modern consoles either with their updates and disc installs

Another way of argument is why would I care about multiplats? See? The goalposts can just move forever if you wish
>>
File: 1485760983667.gif (1024KB, 242x227px) Image search: [Google]
1485760983667.gif
1024KB, 242x227px
>>387018882
>Multiplat smt
>>
>>387024778
>It's no less or more convenient that modern consoles either with their updates and disc installs
lol
>>
>>387024687
what if I have a PC already?? why would I fork out for a weaker multiplat machine?
>>
>>387018732
still can't believe he actually said that. even the guy interviewing him was like "is this nigger serious?"
>>
>>387025268
you wouldn't
>>
>>387004745
Will it?
Switch exclusives:
ARMS and... uhh... that's it.

Xbone exclusives:
Killer Instinct, Rare Replay, Cuphead, ReCore, Halo4, Halo 5, GoW4, that one pirates game, oh and Forza.
>>
File: 1499792720109.gif (3MB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1499792720109.gif
3MB, 650x366px
>>387024493
>Nintendo expects to be at 10M by march 31
FTFY

Also, no. Xbone will likely be taking 2nd place this gen thanks to the XBOX and the power of multiplats. It's that last one that always hurts Nintendo as they become a console that only appeals to a dwindling number of Nintendo fans.

Even IF the Switch surpassed the bone, it wouldn't be by a significant amount. This gen is mirroring gen 6 in many many ways.
>>
>>387025821
the first game you listed for xbox and it isn't even an exclusive, GoW4 isn't an exclusive either nor is cuphead. rare replay is a collection of multiplat games from the past without changes

exclusives Switch will have within the first 9 months:

>Arms
>Splatoon 2
>Xenoblade 2
>Mario Odyssey

so yeah, more than the Xbone
>>
>>387025821
>9 months
>2016 and 2017 put together
Read anon read. I know you are suffering from buyer's remorse but yeah at least read

>>387026063
Is that so, given that nintendo handhelds have always done well, in fact better than most consoles?
>>
>>387026104
If Rare Replay doesn't count, then neither does Splatoon 2.

So, Mario, Xeno2, ARMS.

vs.

ReCore, Halo 4, Halo 5, Cuphead, Killer Instinct
>>
>>387026157
>I know you are suffering from buyer's remorse
But I don't own a Switch, I own a PS4 and love it.
>>
>>387026221
Huh why? Splatoon 2 has new stuff compared to the first along with an all new mode. ReCore and cuphead is not exclusive either
>>
>>387026221
>If Rare Replay doesn't count, then neither does Splatoon 2.

if splatoon 2 doesn't count then halo 5 doesn't

>Cuphead, Killer Instinct

not exclusives

so mario, xeno2, arms

vs

recore, halo 4

you still lose
>>
>>387004745
>Counting 1-2 Switch as a big-budget exclusive
Don't get me wrong, I think Switch has some great games, but that is not one of them
Besides being bad, there's no way it can be big-budget unless somebody at Nintendo really, really fucked up. There was a project a while ago to remake the games as homebrew using Wii Remotes,and most of them could be programmed in an hour or so.
>>
>>387026221
Rare replay has literally no edits. even the bugs are in. Splatoon 2 has many additions and new shit from the original, it's not exactly like the first game unlike rare replay
>>
>>387004823
This doesn't even make any sense.

PS4 has by far the biggest market and most games. Yet compared to pretty much any previous system, whether its PS3/360 or the Wii U, its library is a joke.

Exclusives are a big deal to everyone. Its what really sets systems apart, especially in the PS4 vs One case where its basically the same in terms of power.
>>
>>387026157
They did... before tablets and smartphones that could play Minecraft. The portable aspect will only sell the Switch in Japan, so roughly 20m going by 3DS sales. Plus whatever it scratches out in the west, so substract from the people who bought a WiiU in the west, as that's a good estimate for the current Nintendo hard core fans. About 30m maybe pushing a bit more. Again, should it surpass the bone, it won't be by much, but I'm still of the idea that MS will still take 2nd place in the end.
>>
>>387026425
What? You know the 3DS sold 65+ million worldwide, and that's after the smartphone boom right? Right?
>>
>>387026382
>its library is a joke
Its library is better than the WiiU's, though.
>>
>>387026425
You're frankly rather deluded if you believe that the west does not like handhelds, and that only hardcore fans are buying the switch
>>
>>387026339
Are they? I honestly don't own an Xbone and am only interested in it for those two and RR.

Also Splatoon 2 hardly qualifies as a full game, it's really more of an expansion pack being sold at full price to sell Switches, I genuinely wouldn't count it, as it's got as much new content as the MK8D release compared to the Vanilla one on WiiU without DLC.
>>
>>387026063
>>Nintendo expects to be at 10M by march 31
>FTFY
10M for the fiscal year + the 3M they sold in mach makes part of the previous fiscal year

so 10+3 = 13
>>
>>387026532
>without the dlc

What an arbitrary measure. But even without counting it splatoon 2 has more additions
>>
>buying anything microsoft ever
Just kill yourself if you have ever done this
>>
File: 1491253603630m_new.jpg (617KB, 414x2090px) Image search: [Google]
1491253603630m_new.jpg
617KB, 414x2090px
>>387026382
>its library is a joke
Maybe if you're a Nintendo fan. But then, who's the real joke here?
>>
>>387026604
I did it once with the 360, sold it 2 months later. Have no intention of buying a shitbox ever again
>>
>>387004745
>Switch will have more rehashed sequels to 25years old series

FTFY
>>
>>387026675
Are you talking about gears, halo, forza or?
>>
File: analysis.jpg (3MB, 4000x7731px) Image search: [Google]
analysis.jpg
3MB, 4000x7731px
>>387026454
3DS came out BEFORE the tablet boom friendo, and only recently have tablets been viable gaming devices that are affordable to EVERYONE. Since then, we've seen a massive drop in 3DS sales and handheld gaming in the west.

>>387026497
The only delusional ones are the ones arguing that Handhelds will survive the turn of the decade despite all signs showing otherwise.

And yes anon, only a Nintendo fan WILLINGLY lines up for hours for a raffle to buy a Switch.
>>
>>387026710
Gears has 5 games in 10 years, how many Mario games exist?
>>
File: Melanin.jpg (38KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
Melanin.jpg
38KB, 467x700px
>>387004823
>A consolefag accusing Nintendo of their own faults
>>
>>387026549
No, read their report. 10m total.

>>387026603
Expansion pack nigga, LITERALLY look at the image I already posted.
>>
>>387026762
Actually the 3Ds only started selling when the XL version and the price drop happened, which was a year after release, and it got further spikes when Pokemon released. There was no such massive drop to speak of. The handheld market is, as you can see, shrinking, but based on your picture so are consoles. That's not even considering that consoles bring in more money due to pricier games and paid online, two things the switch will have. The handheld market is perfectly healthy enough to support Nintendo, the only player there

And honestly I have seen you in every switch thread crying for its failure
>>
>>387026762
>Switch is a handheld
This might be the dumbest infograph I've seen on this site in years. Good job anon.
>>
>>387026613
The PS3's library is leaps and bounds better than any current gen console, and that's rather sad
>>
>>387026762
That's only considering the switch is ONLY a handheld, which it is not. It will turn off diehard handheld lovers but it will attract some people who will keep it docked forever
>>
>>387004823
First post best post.
>>
>>387026904
>>387026998
Portable hardware, portable console. Deal with it.

>>387026898
3DS shows a very evident drop in a YoY basis and sold less than half of its predecessor.

Analysts have also predicted the fall of handhelds, which considering the exponential growth of portable technology, makes a lot of sense. The Switch is already overpowered by existing tablets, and before 2020 it'll be over powered by tablets at a similar price.

Kids don't care about Xenoblade and Zelda, they care about Minecraft and YouTube, of which, the Switch is only getting one.
>>
>>387026762
Switch isn't a handheld and Kimishima, back in February was already talking about a proper 3DS successor. Sorry to burst your bubbles but the Switch is a home console.
>>
>>387027205
>analysts
Those same analysts are wildly inaccurate. They are speculating much like us

Also the main selling point of the switch is the fact that it can switch. The market perception is that it is, as you said, a portable console, not purely a handheld.
>>
File: 170427e_Page_15.png (26KB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
170427e_Page_15.png
26KB, 1654x2339px
>>387026797
Nintendo's report says their forecast is 10 million from April 2017 to March 2018. Not 10 million life-to-date.
>>
>>387027232
>already talking about
No they didn't. They just said they are not abandoning the idea but didn't have any concrete points
>>
>>387027232
Switch is running portable hardware anon, that's a fact. Dock is just a useless piece of plastic.

IF the 3DS gets a successor, the Switch will sell worse than the WiiU, so you better hope it doesn't. People are hopping on the Switch like they are, cause they expect it to be Nintendo's unified console. Do you and those people better hope Nintendo does the smart thing, and doesn't let their greed get the best of them.
>>
>>387027365
>it's a fact
Not according to the marketing, which is literally all that matters
>>
>>387026797
>No, read their report. 10m total.
nigga, do you know what a fiscal year projection are??
>>
>>387027291
>Those same analysts are wildly inaccurate
They're more accurate than some biased fanboy on /v/, they're also the same ones predicting a Switch success, do take your pick anon. Can't have it both ways.
>>
>>387006556
Why are Xbots so desperate for Nintendo shit?
>>
>>387027429
Except it's not
>3rd pillar
What matters is the internals. Marketing cam say whatever it likes, but it doesn't change the fact that the dock does fuckall.
>>
>>387027443
actually you know what post those that say the switch will be a failure. Reminder the switch is not marketed as a pure handheld so the handheld market alone is not representative of the switch's profession
>>
>>387027232
Yes they did

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/kimishima_on_the_role_of_the_3ds_after_the_switch_launch

https://gonintendo.com/stories/273175-kimishima-considering-a-3ds-successor

>>387027365
See above, this thing isn't selling any better and the fact that the 3DS is pushing beyond 2018 shows that the Switch failed to meet expectations for becoming a 3DS replacement. So guess what, we're no longer getting a Switch Slim now.
>>
>>387027467
They're not. It's the other way around. Drones wanna team up with Xbox to shit on Sony.
>>
>>387027467
They are Nintoldders' falsefag.
>>
>>387027498
>marketing can say all they like
Except that they literally change consumer perceptions. If the market thinks it's a hybrid it is a hybrid. All the dock needs to do is to output seamlessly onto the TV and clock the switch at higher speeds for it to be marketed as a console, which, from all the ads, already is. It's neither a pure handheld nor a console in the market's eyes. Nintendo is further reinforcing the point by releasing their usually console games on the switch
>>
>>387027518
>See above, this thing isn't selling any better and the fact that the 3DS is pushing beyond 2018 shows that the Switch failed to meet expectations for becoming a 3DS replacement. So guess what, we're no longer getting a Switch Slim now.
Well, if you're right, then I just won a $500 bet. I mean, I was gonna win anyway since the dude said 50m lifetime, but now I'm gonna win by a laughably huge margin.
>>
>>387027518
>isn't selling any better
According to the mediacreate sales it has exceeded 3DS in the same period of time
>>
>>387027518
>this thing isn't selling any better
It's sold out you fucking retard.
>>
>>387027602
It doesn't matter. Hardware is hardware you stupid drone.

The docking shit is LITERALLY a gimmick, by definition.
>>
>>387010428
maybe people like couch coop. maybe people like couches. Maybe their friends own xboxes. Maybe people don't like having to deal with windows/steam bullshit. Plus the fact that online games are typically more populated on consoles and you're guaranteed to get every big release, on time

I am sick to fucking death of you autists on here arguing about exclusives. Nobody gives a fuck about exclusives, really. Exclusives are only relevant on Nintendo consoles because they have /literally/ no other games. Consoles are multiplat machines. If you have a gaming PC, no need to own a PS4 or Xbox - they're not for you. Likewise if you own a PS4 there's no need to own an Xbone, and vice versa. You're not expected to own all of them, otherwise there's too much overlap. You're supposed to just pick a platform and go with it as your primary gaming machine
>>
>>387027518
What a retard
>>
>>387027518
>3DS pushing beyond 2018
With what? Nintendo is releasing nothing on it
>>
File: 1500055067741m.jpg (109KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500055067741m.jpg
109KB, 575x1024px
>>387027663
Not in Europe and most of the US.

Japan is only 1/6 of the industry you mouthbreather.
>>
>>387027682
>hardware is hardware
Yep, and it is marketed and designed to be both a console and a handheld. As I said, if the market thinks it is both it is both. No matter whether it is true or false. I mean hell they managed to convince people that kiwis were healthier than most fruits once
>>
>>387027654
Japan's the only place where it was ever even close. In America, it's nearly doubling 3DS's sales in the same period.
>>
>>387027769
It is far outstripping the 3DS in america and europe too, so jokes on you I guess
>>
>>387027772
>In America, it's nearly doubling 3DS's sales in the same period.
citation needed

Also, in Europe it's selling like literal shit. Worse than WiiU.
>>
File: camels_doctors_choice.jpg (289KB, 1200x1576px) Image search: [Google]
camels_doctors_choice.jpg
289KB, 1200x1576px
>>387027682
Have you heard of marketing? Or even deceptive marketing? They can convince people of anything as long as they try hard enough
>>
File: IMG_20170812_195401.jpg (4MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170812_195401.jpg
4MB, 2336x4160px
>>387027807
>europe
Nope.

Fully stocked here, they're even giving them away with discounts.
>>
>>387027832
>worse than the Wii U
Wrong
> Nintendo of Europe says that Nintendo Switch sold more in its launch weekend than any other Nintendo hardware in history.
>The console's US performance was described to New York Times reporter Nick Wingfield by Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime, who said that it had beaten the Wii into second place.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-07-nintendo-switch-beat-wii-over-two-days-in-the-americas-report
>>
>>387027654
>>387027663
>>387027701
How do you expect that will continue? When the Xbox One X comes out the thing will become even more worthless than it already is.

>>387027702
Besides Samus Returns ending this year, I can see Metroid Dread coming on the 3DS next. The 3DS successor will most likely be announced either next year or in 2019.
>>
>>387027769
You know they don't have millions of Switches stockpiled in Poland, right? You can't possibly be that dumb. That just means stock can be funneled into the better performing markets, which are still nowhere near saturated. At best you're looking at a one time 100k boost, completely meaningless.
>>
>>387027770
>>387027860
And yet it's still a portable console, with portable hardware. No amount of goalpost moving on 4chan is gonna change the fact of the Switch's internals you stupid fanboys.
>>
>>387027910
Sorry man facts do not lie. Stomp your feet all you want but it's not working anon
>>387027936
>>
>>387027936
In its launch, sure, but now its fallen below the WiiU.
>>
>>387027959
Of course it doesn't change facts, but since when did the mass market care about facts? They think what marketing wants them to think, and marketing wants them to think the switch is both
>>
>>387028005
>fallen below
Source anon, preferably not self proclaimed estimates
>>
>>387028005
Ha I would like to see you back that up
>>
File: IMG_20170520_131909.jpg (4MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170520_131909.jpg
4MB, 4160x2336px
>>387027984
>Sorry man facts do not lie
Indeed.

So you admit that the console is fully stocked in most of Europe due to low demand?
>>
>>387027943
Hmm, let's see
>Mario
>Metroid
>Pokemon
>DQ
>Animal Crossing
Yeah, the switch is oomed
>>
>>387028365
Those are empty boxes, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>387028365
>empty boxes
>May
hey everybody, we have a retard here!
>>
>>387028365
That wasn't my point in the first place. My point is that it is outselling the 3DS in europe. Nice try though, I suppose
>>
File: 1500050910024.jpg (50KB, 750x505px) Image search: [Google]
1500050910024.jpg
50KB, 750x505px
>>387028378
>>
>>387028442
Literally none of the things he mentioned are in your retarded list, so go jump off a window right now.
>>
>>387028378
>Metroid
>he thinks Metroid Prime 4 will outsell Samus Returns
Nice joke, I'll wait for Metroid Dread when it releases for the 3DS, after that I'll wait for the 3DS's TRUE successor.
>>
>>387028546
Holy shit you are that autist. You are in for a rude awakening buddy
>>
>>387028546
prime 1 outsold fusion, prime 2 outsold zero mission, why wouldn't prime 4 outsell SR?
>>
>>387028442
Did anyone ever say that any of those things would save the Wii U? Of course not, but you know that already, don't you mister shitposter-kun
>>
>>387028442
>Firing Iwata will save the Wii U
Did Nintendo Ninjas secretly get him?
>>
>>387028442
Unlike the WiiU, the Switch is actually an attractive and well advertised product.

I know it's makes your ass hurt, but the Switch has been doing better than great thus far and is set to reach the projected 10M in one year prediction, which I bet you were one of the people who laughed about initially, that Nintendo announced.

Not to mention it haven't even had its first holiday season yet.
>>
>>387028608
>it's the guy that can't put Prime 2 through Federation Force against Metroid 1-4 again

>>387028576
Every Prime post Prime 1 couldn't outsell the first 4 2D Metroid games, what the hell makes you think Prime 4 will be any different? I think you're the one in for a rude awakening. A lot of people will be going out to get Samus Returns including myself, Prime 4 won't have the same impact and I'm sure as hell ain't getting it.
>>
>>387028679
Seems weird considering Iwata was the president during Wii, DS and 3DS, all which made Nintendo as successful as they are today.
>>
>>387028827
>Every Prime post Prime 1 couldn't outsell the first 4 2D Metroid games,

what do the first 4 2D metroids have to do with anything? sales of 20 years ago don't mean anything. I never said prime 4 would outsell those games, I said prime 4 will outsell its 2D counterpart like prime 1/2
>>
File: 1445696909837[1].png (95KB, 610x707px) Image search: [Google]
1445696909837[1].png
95KB, 610x707px
>>387028827
>a 3DS remake will have less impact than a switch sequel

lmaoing @ your life dobsinfag, Zero mission got curbstomped by prime 1/2/3 and SR will get annihilated by prime 4
>>
>>387029024
Prime 4 probably has a much, much bigger budget than SR though.
Nobody expects SR to sell better than P4, but it's not really *meant* to. It's a medium-budget game which is incredibly unlikely to not make its money back.
>>
>>387028546
>leaves out all the other games
really makes me think
>>
>>387029127
I agree, still gonna go with occam's razor and say prime 4 will sell more copies based off prime 1/2 selling more than fusion/ZM respectively
>>
>>387028959
No, it won't

>>387029024
4Chan having its boogie man moment again I see. Samus Returns is on a handheld with a higher install base mixed with the fact that it's been 13 years since the last 2D Metroid game. It's going to sell very well especially since fans want Metroid Dread. Prime 4 may sell over a million but it will never reach or surpass SR's sales.
>>
>>387021029
all your metroid prime pictures are from the same area in metroid prime 3
>>
>>387029127
>Nobody expects SR to sell better than P4
Except this guy >>387028546
>>
>>387027832
US sales data is documented by NPD. I'll throw in the Wii U numbers, too.

3DS US sales at launch:
2011/March: 398,000
2011/April: 194,000
2011/May: 97,000
2011/June: 143,000
4 month total: 832,000

Wii U US sales at launch:
2012/November: 430,000
2012/December: 460,000
2013/January: 57,000
2013/February: 64,000
4 month total: 1,011,000

Switch US sales at launch:
2017/March: 910,545
2017/April: 280,897
2017/May: 165,038
2017/June: 215,582
4 month total: 1,572,062

You can also look at shipment numbers in Nintendo's financial data and compare the first two quarters of the 3DS, Wii U, and Switch.

3DS:
Japan: 127
Americas: 143
Other: 163
Total: 432

Wii U:
Japan: 92
Americas: 152
Other: 101
Total: 345

Switch:
Japan: 112
Americas: 195
Other: 163
Total: 470

One thing that's clear is that it's doing much better than the Wii U, even though the Wii U launched in the holiday season. Compared to the 3DS, "Other" sales (mainly Europe), which was the best region for the 3DS sales at the time, are equal. America's are much higher, while Japan's are lower. This was all during a time of severe availability problems for the Switch, so Switch would have likely been selling even more if the supply was available.
>>
>>387026613
I like this image. Thanks for it anon.
>>
>>387029204
>Samus Returns is on a handheld with a higher install base mixed with the fact that it's been 13 years since the last 2D Metroid game

same thing with prime 1/2 compared to fusion/ZM, except 11-12 years since prime 3. Makes no difference

>It's going to sell very well especially since fans want Metroid Dread

I agree, it still won't sell more than prime 4 though
>>
>>387029204
>No, it won't

nice argument, all signs point to prime 4 selling more than SR as stated >>387028608
, especially with piracy being rampant on the 3DS now unlike the GBA
>>
>>387029342
I really don't understand your deal with Zero Mission dude the game wasn't expected to sell well when the DS was right on its way the same damn year and Prime 2 almost bombed.

>I agree, it still won't sell more than prime 4 though
Yes it will, you're really under estimating how big the 2D Metroid fanbase is over the Prime fanbase. Stop using Prime 1 as a clutch because it was the first 3D Metroid game, that will never happen again. The Prime fanbase is in the minority, you're just the loudest.
>>
>>387029382
See>>387029525
Someone needs to make a chart on how many times /v/ been wrong, it's becoming embarrassing.
>>
>>387005589
>Normalfags already have a PS4 to play them on, they won't buy a Switch for Madden and Fifa

NormieKids/Teens will. Out of the box multiplayer you can take anywhere is huge for a series like FIFA. A second PS4 controller is $45/£38, unless you have a friend with a PS4, you'll probably only have the one.

I think people are sleeping on how normies will respond to portable current gen FIFA with built in multiplayer.
>>
File: argument box.jpg (69KB, 450x372px) Image search: [Google]
argument box.jpg
69KB, 450x372px
>>387029571
>>
>>387029525
>I really don't understand your deal with Zero Mission
just comparing the respective 3D/2D metroid games of the year, what's the problem? And I don't know if you've noticed, the 3DS is reaching the end of its lifecycle as well, only difference being piracy running rampant on the 3ds unlike the GBA

>Prime 2 almost bombed.
selling over a million on the GC isn't anywhere close to bombing, my dude

>Yes it will, you're really under estimating how big the 2D Metroid fanbase is over the Prime fanbase
clearly not as stated by prime 1/2 selling more than fusion/zero mission. They didn't even bother with a 2D for prime 3 and gave us another prime instead (hunters)

>Stop using Prime 1 as a clutch because it was the first 3D Metroid game, that will never happen again
I'm not, prime 2 also sold more than zero mission in the same year

>The Prime fanbase is in the minority, you're just the loudest
Clearly not as Nintendo put prime in the middle of its E3 presentation while SR was in a post presentation treehouse

any other quarrels?
>>
>>387029525
>you're really under estimating how big the 2D Metroid fanbase is over the Prime fanbase
>The Prime fanbase is in the minority, you're just the loudest.
Not the person you're replying to, but I really think you're deluded.
What you personally like isn't always representative of what millions of other people like.
>>
File: hmm.png (36KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
36KB, 500x566px
>>387028546
>every single prime game has sold more than its respective 2D game, despite the lower install base (just like prime 4 and SR)
>they didn't even bother with a 2D metroid for prime 3
>SR is releasing at the end of the 3DS's lifecycle like ZM did (one of the few metroids not to sell over a million) and piracy is a bigger issue
>Prime 4 is releasing in the "prime" of the switch's lifecycle, about 2 years in

>SR will outsell prime 4

the stupidity of this board never ceases to amaze me
>>
>>387029773
he's beyond deluded, he's been shitposing prime in almost every metroid thread for years. He's slowed down a bit after being BTFO'd by prime 4's announcement after screaming prime wouldn't get another game for over a year.

I don't know what causes people like him and dobson/chipman to become this retarded
>>
>>387007498
Well it kinda is what "exclusive" means
>>
>Nintendo makes a home console a handheld

Absolutely retarded. Just make a good and strong home console and stop this fucking gimmick shit. People want video games.
>>
>>387029773
I told you the loudest fans are the smallest groups. A good comparison is the Halo fanbase. the minority bitch about playing to much Chief so it seems like it's a massive complaint but in reality, the entire fanbase just wants to play Master Chief and stop getting these original characters stealing his spotlight.

>>387029703
>just comparing the respective 3D/2D metroid games of the year, what's the problem? And I don't know if you've noticed, the 3DS is reaching the end of its lifecycle as well, only difference being piracy running rampant on the 3ds unlike the GBA
3DS will be reaching the end of its life cycle by 2019. The Switch isn't its replacement.

>selling over a million on the GC isn't anywhere close to bombing, my dude
1.10 million, it was close

>clearly not as stated by prime 1/2 selling more than fusion/zero mission. They didn't even bother with a 2D for prime 3 and gave us another prime instead (hunters)
But then Metroid 1-4 sold more than all the Prime games post Prime and to make matters worse, Samus Returns has more views than Prime 4.

>I'm not, prime 2 also sold more than zero mission in the same year
Prime 2 would have bombed if the Wii was releasing in 2004.

>Clearly not as Nintendo put prime in the middle of its E3 presentation while SR was in a post presentation treehouse
E3 was about the Switch not 3DS and Samus Returns still ended up having more views.
>>
>>387004745
Xbox and Nintendo Master Race
You PSfags can have your smelly weeb dating sims.
I'll just play my Halo, Zelda, and Metroid, because I like fun.
>>
>>387029917
I only stopped because of Samus Returns announcement and the fact that Metroid Dread is coming next. I can care less how Prime 4 does, but it still won't beat Samus Returns.
>>
>>387030048
lol
>>
>>387030082
>Samus Returns has more views than Prime 4.
>a gameplay trailer has more views than a logo
WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387030082
>A gameplay trailer for a game not shown during the Nintendo Direct got more views than a video which is literally just a logo, which was also shown in the Nintendo Direct
Shit, really? Wow, you've proved your point then.
>>
>>387030225
>being this assblasted that a 2D Mettroid game is more popular than a Prime game
>>
>>387030267
See>>387030268
>>
>>387030306
Damn you're really retarded
>>
>>387030268
>>387030306
Can you please post something along the lines of "If Prime 4 outsells SR, I'll chop off my dick and eat it"?
>>
>>387030082
>3DS will be reaching the end of its life cycle by 2019. The Switch isn't its replacement.
the GBA had a life cycle of 3 years and the DS had one of 7 years, what makes you think the 3DS will reach 2019? Also no one said the switch is replacing the 3DS but nintendo has said they're "considering" a successor to the 3DS not being the switch

>1.10 million, it was close
you don't seem to understand, over a million of anything on the GC is a success, even if it dipped to 900k it's a success

>But then Metroid 1-4 sold more than all the Prime games post Prime and to make matters worse, Samus Returns has more views than Prime 4.
those games have nothing to do with current trends. Also the fact that a full blown trailer for SR has only a few 100K views over a literal logo should spell how much more impactful prime 4 is

>Prime 2 would have bombed if the Wii was releasing in 2004.
so we're gonna pull bullshit out of our asses and assume it's fact? Ok SR will sell -2 copies and prime 4 will sell 420million copies

>E3 was about the Switch not 3DS and Samus Returns still ended up having more views.
you mean the product that nintendo is pushing way more of, including prime 4 compared to SR? and see above, a literal logo being a few hundredK away from an actual trailer speaks volumes
>>
>>387030225
>>387030267
just mass report him, mods have to delete his posts one time or another. He's been shitting up these threads for far too long
>>
>>387004823

>-e-e-e-e-ee-xclusives don't matter!!!
>x-box and pc are b-b-b-bros!!
>praise M$!!!

HAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH DIE
>>
How about if Prime 4 does manage to outsell SR, then I will stop accusing /v/ of being wrong.

>>387030404
>the GBA had a life cycle of 3 years and the DS had one of 7 years, what makes you think the 3DS will reach 2019? Also no one said the switch is replacing the 3DS but nintendo has said they're "considering" a successor to the 3DS not being the switch
Well they did say it will go beyond 2018 so that could be a 3DS successor announcement at next year's E3 or in 2019.

>you don't seem to understand, over a million of anything on the GC is a success, even if it dipped to 900k it's a success
Then I guess that means ZM was a success on the fact that 2D Metroid is low budget and Sakamoto stated that he would remake Metroid II if ZM did well and look where we are now.

>those games have nothing to do with current trends. Also the fact that a full blown trailer for SR has only a few 100K views over a literal logo should spell how much more impactful prime 4 is
We'll have to wait and see.

>so we're gonna pull bullshit out of our asses and assume it's fact? Ok SR will sell -2 copies and prime 4 will sell 420million copies
Not bullshit at all, if the Wii was on its way that year all the excitement would have went to the Wii and it would have hurt the game's sells, you must not know how marketing works. Xbox 36 got released in 2005 because Microsoft didn't want it to get in the way of Halo 2's release.

>you mean the product that nintendo is pushing way more of, including prime 4 compared to SR? and see above, a literal logo being a few hundredK away from an actual trailer speaks volumes
Like I said above, we'll have to wait and see

Alright, heading to bed now.
>>
>>387030814
Okay sure, but you will disappear like any other shitposters
>>
>>387030814
>How about if Prime 4 does manage to outsell SR, then I will stop accusing /v/ of being wrong.
This is meant for >>387030385

>>387030340
Not as retarded as you

Going to bed now.
>>
>>387030814
>How about if Prime 4 does manage to outsell SR, then I will stop accusing /v/ of being wrong.

what's the point? You've already been proven wrong since fusion and zero mission sold less than prime 1 and 2 respectively, why get your expectations so high only to face dissapointment?

It's like expecting a link between worlds to sell more than BotW (even if we exclude WiiU sales). Also I've screen-capped your post, see you in 1.5-2 years
>>
>>387030814
How about if Prime 4 outsells SM, you kill yourself live on stream?
>>
>>387030814
>Well they did say it will go beyond 2018 so that could be a 3DS successor announcement at next year's E3 or in 2019.
market talk, they said the same thing about GBA/DS and it's bullshit

>Then I guess that means ZM was a success on the fact that 2D Metroid is low budget and Sakamoto stated that he would remake Metroid II if ZM did well and look where we are now.
sure, ZM was a success. It still sold less than prime 2.

>We'll have to wait and see.
sure thing, I've got Occam's Razor on my side though

>Not bullshit at all, if the Wii was on its way that year all the excitement would have went to the Wii and it would have hurt the game's sells, you must not know how marketing works. Xbox 36 got released in 2005 because Microsoft didn't want it to get in the way of Halo 2's release.
all bullshit

>Heading to bed
thanks for admitting defeat
>>
File: CA0hsML.png (45KB, 286x221px) Image search: [Google]
CA0hsML.png
45KB, 286x221px
>>387004745
Switch already has more exclusives than PS4, too. Sony better buy a couple of companies so the have more games for the PS5 or they're dead to me. I'm not buying a console just for a couple of games. It doesn't make any sense. They've never had many of their own exclusives but other companies made exclusives for them but those developers are releasing their games on PC now which makes Playstation useless.
>>
File: kerm.jpg (2KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
kerm.jpg
2KB, 125x124px
>>387010428

>playing video games at a desk
>putting a tower in your living room

uh no
>>
>>387030985
nah, but I think switch will have more worthwhile exclusives than the ps4 around late 2019
>>
It's funny how ONLY NOW exclusives are a big deal. Until 2016 the only relevant thing PS4 had was a Souls game. Now that Sony is finally releasing something for PS, exclusives are the most important thing ever. Why the Xbox One didn't sell better than PS4 then? Meanwhile PS4 had only Knack and a shitty Souls game, Xbox had Sunset Overdrive, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and Gears 4. Shut up with this exclusive bullshit already, you people love brands.
>>
>>387031046
lol. By that time Switch will have 3-4 times as many exclusives.
>>
>>387031701
Titanfall, dead rising 3 and tomb raider weren't exclusives.
Sunset overdrive is terrible and gears 4 is a rehash that not even gears fans gave a shit about.
>>
test
>>
>>387029615
>NormieKids/Teens will.
nope, they already have PS4 to play it on.
>>
>>387030985
>Switch already has more exclusives than PS4
kek
>>
>>387007741
1 2 switch is really fun if you have the people for it.
>>
>>387014495
Zelda is 100% a port.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
>>387033602
Bloodborne. Persona 5 versus BotW, MK8D, Splatoon 2, Arms. You were saying?
>>
>>387034304
How can it be a port when it came out on both consoles the same day?
>>
>4 years after launch
>xbox doesnt have a single GOTY exclusive game

Fucking kek
>>
>>387004823
Exclusives sell consoles, they define consoles, they bring excitement to consoles

There's more excitement for Switch than Xbone because everyone can play multiplats anywhere, it's the killer app exclusives that catch people's attention. Sony was able to turn around the PS3 with exclusives and now their teams are pumping out great exclusives amplifying the PS4's success
>>
>>387034467
not exclusives
>>
>>387034580
Sony hasn't even sold 30 million exclusives on 60 million consoles. These consoles are bought for Fifa and CoD, not Bloodborne.
>>
So does Japanese 3rd Party not count as 3rd Party? Because the Switch is getting quite a bit of love there.
>>
>>387034638
Not him but of course they are. You can't play them anywhere else.
>>
>>387034765
So what?
A console with no exclusives is fucking lame,
defending it makes you Microsoft's little fuckboy
>>
>>387034765
So what, games are only good if they sell a lot? I guess all those games that sell like crap on Nintendo actually ARE bad, then?
>>
>>387034765
Exclusives are for the hardcore gamers who play more than that and want variety. Exclusives are often the most unique experimental games a major publisher wouldn't make but Sony backs with a big AAA budget.
>>
>>387034638
You're right, P5 is on PS3 too.
>>
>>387030743
You cant even prove otherwise lmao
>>
>>387009732
Or maybe it's because
>The translator forget to even mention it's actually NMH3
>We haven't heard anything from it since.
>>
>>387035459
Xbox and PC are fucking trash platforms
>>
>>387035934
xbox has no games it's all on pc ps4 has exclusives pc has them nintendo has them also
but xbox nah
>>
>>387035934
Lol
>>
>>387034638
>>387035396
>persona 5 is not a exclusive
>BoTW is a exclusive
pick one.

either persona 5 is a PS4 exclusive just like BoTW or BoTW is not a Switch exclusive just like persona 5.
>>
>>387036147
>it's all on pc
It's all on (((Microsoft) Windows 10 via the (((Xbox))) app and the (((unified))) Store. It's like you don't even know how the Xbox play anywhere work. You contribute the gaming division of Microsoft which is the Xbox by buying xbox games on PC which are Crossbuy (Buy once play on both).
But it's /v/, what did i expect??
>>
>>387036210
both of them are not exclusive
people can try to pull the bullshit about it exclusive to nintendo sony or microsoft but no it's still not exclusive
>>
>>387036251
yeah but i can just play it on pc
>>
>>387036336
And it won't change anyting for (((M$))) because it's in their ecosystem.
>>
File: iyVSavR.jpg (44KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
iyVSavR.jpg
44KB, 604x340px
>>387036279
>mooooooom if I say they're not exclusives then they're not exclusives!!!
>>
>>387036383
yeah but this is about exclusives why would i buy a xbox for games on pc i would buy a ps4 for it's exclusives i would buy a 3ds for it's exclusives but why a xbox
>>
>>387036389
but it's not persona 5 not a exclusive mario kart 8 deluxe and botw not exclusive
>>
File: IMG_20170712_045149.jpg (30KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_045149.jpg
30KB, 500x415px
>>387008715
The only reason I hype up Nintendo exclusives and not others is because Nintendo has exclusives TO hype up
>>
File: p3MI3nE.gif (886KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
p3MI3nE.gif
886KB, 500x250px
>>387036503
>>
File: 783509865076237.png (324KB, 380x535px) Image search: [Google]
783509865076237.png
324KB, 380x535px
>>387036579
>mad
>>
File: IMG_20170801_202541.jpg (65KB, 289x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170801_202541.jpg
65KB, 289x750px
>>387016447
>playing any Bethesda titles
Fixed it for you
>>
>>387030404
>the GBA had a life cycle of 3 years
It was discontinued in 2010 and still recieved games after the release of the DS. Hell Red Rescue Team and Mother 3 were released in 2005 and 6 respectively in other words the GBA had a life cycle of about 5 years.
>>
>>387036450
Because there is some people who prefers console over PC and it's a lot of them. Hence the best selling games on consoles are not even the exclusive one outside Nintendo.
>>
>>387036147
I just haven't seen a reason to own a PC since the early 2000's, and Xbox since 2010
>>
>>387037030

I would take Oblivion Remastered on the Switch.
>>
How the fuck did a thread about the xbox being shit end up to PS4 VS Switch ?! Were the xbots at ?

Seriously I've been trying to find pro xbox youtubers and can't find shit except these two

https://www.youtube.com/user/colteastwoodstudios/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrapgamerReviews/videos
>>
The Last of Us has sold like 15 million across PS3 and PS4
Uncharted and Tlou are now bigger franchises than Halo
>>
>>387038638
>The Last of Us has sold like 15 million across PS3 and PS4
It sold about 10 across both anon.
>>
File: 1502098812688.jpg (287KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502098812688.jpg
287KB, 600x600px
I made fun of Vita for years because all of got were indies.

Switch is getting nothing but indies too lol
>>
>>387030152
>Metroid Dread
What the fuck is this Metroid Dread meme?
>>
>>387039123
Dread was a cancelled game if I remember right.
>>
>>387039267
So why does this guy think Metroid Dread going to be the next game after Samus Returns?
>>
>>387038365
Xbots are playing their games while you are shitposting.
>youtubers
Cancer.
>>
>>387039791
I think they're just using it as a term for a fusion sequel.
>>
File: 1464299906750.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464299906750.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>387039872
>Xbots are playing their games
>games

what games ?
>>
File: 1497685607968.png (281KB, 828x973px) Image search: [Google]
1497685607968.png
281KB, 828x973px
PC for serious gaming and mods
PS4 for people who want to play video games but don't know how to PC
Switch for party games with friends and family (At this point Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and nothing else)
Atari for Nostalgia fans who dont' know what an emulator is

Xbox One for complete idiots who were devoted to the Xbox brand
>>
Stop beating him, he's already dead!!!
>>
>>387027205
I guess the gamecube is a handheld because it had a handle. You fucking idiot.
>>
>>387040021
http://www.dualshockers.com/xbox-microsoft-quarterly-financial-results/
3rd party and Backward, i wonder what else.
>>
>>387040274

your link proves that the xbox itself is becoming irrelevant.
>>
File: 11 pourcent.jpg (56KB, 796x460px) Image search: [Google]
11 pourcent.jpg
56KB, 796x460px
>>387040404
It proves that the xbox itself is doing good despite being behind.
>>
File: madnot.jpg (49KB, 600x673px) Image search: [Google]
madnot.jpg
49KB, 600x673px
>Currently own a Gaming PC, Switch, N3DS, Vita and Xbone S.
>Don't feel like I'm missing out on anything

Feels pretty good anons, went through a weebshit phase with my Vita but I'm mostly past that now. Xbone is mostly a Bluray player a bit of Halo and Rare Replay.

Looking forward to Monster Hunter World and Crackdown 3.
>>
>>387036503
I am pretty sure MK8D isn't on Wii U
>>
>xbox brand making this many people salty

we'll they're clearly doing something right if there are so many people assmad over a fucking brand.
>>
>>387041252
It's not japanese.
>>
>>387041252
Or it means they're doing nothing right and nobody wants the piece of shit
>>
>thread about Xbox vs. Switch
>insecure Sonyfags still feel like they need to prove something and try to make it all about them
>>
File: Ffp2tKc.png (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ffp2tKc.png
405KB, 1920x1080px
>>387040603
>It proves that the xbox itself is doing good despite being behind.

nope. that's the whole division, not just the xbox. it means they making money from subscriptions since they are not wasting any money making games.

the xbox is dying a sad death. ridiculed for having its silverware ported to W10 (bro flexibility lmao), doing the same mistakes as nintnedo with WiiU investing more in a dead brand (One), Phil being greedy wanting only online games and not single player games akin to Horizon and Zelda. and meanwhile the 5 remaining xbots are memeing the fact that in the middle of the generation the xbox is getting a stronger version which no one gives a fuck for. for the Xbox one X budget someone can get for a PS4 and a Switch and have literally everything.
>>
>>387041943
>>insecure Sonyfags

bro, there's no xobxe fags. any anywhere anymore.
>>
>>387042024
>that's the whole division, not just the xbox.

not him but do you understand how retarded you sound?
>>
>>387042217
>not him but do you understand how retarded you sound?

no because I'm correct, where's your argument ?
>>
File: 1453013868552.jpg (25KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1453013868552.jpg
25KB, 500x412px
>>387006110
>buying a whole new console for a console FPS
>>
>>387042356
>that's the whole division, not just the whole division
>>
>>387040603
>He actually thinks MS is making more money from Xbox than Windows

kek
>>
>>387024493
>Wii itself mopped the floor with PS3 and 360 together and 3rd party still did not support em
Doesn't help that 3rd parties legit poisoned the well by scaring audiences away with mountains of shovelware so nobody wanted to risk buying anything made by them when they finally decided to make decent games.
https://pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/
>>
Sony has neither third party nor exclusives that make it sell, Sony has ridiculous amounts of jewery and advertising that helps it sell
>>
>>387042574
>>that's the whole division, not just the whole division

no, the xbox is part of A division. it's NOT the whole division. jesus you people are retarded.
>>
>>387042864
the xbox is the name of the division you spastic. what are you trying to say? the xbox console? at least try and attempt to speak sense.
>>
>>387042812
>Sony has neither third party

Destiny 2 confirmed for no performance advantage on the Xboxonex. Also Sony has marketing for almost everything apart from Shadow of Mordor.

Also Uncharted is stronger than Halo.
>>
>>387033585
Not on the go
>>
>>387042959
>the xbox is the name of the division you spastic

NO IT IS NOT.
>>
>>387010428
7th and 8th gen are all about multiplats. Normies don't like PC because keyboard has too many buttons.
>>
>>387043757
>7th and 8th gen are all about multiplats

no it's not.

>>387043757
>Normies don't like PC because keyboard has too many buttons.

classic generalizing bullshit. most people have a pc that can play some games but not others. for example my AMD card had issues with Nier and I ended up getting it on PS4. a PC is not a fucking set thing you retarded dipshit slav.
>>
Why did so many people even buy a PS4?
>underwhelming hardware
>no games until Bloodborne
>worse multimedia features than PS3
>more locked down than PS3
>paid online unlike PS3
>extremely loud and feels cheap

It comes off looking really bad at the initial reveal and E3 2013. Yeah Xbone was obviously a lot worse with the DRM and forced Kinect, but why did people actually buy a PS4?
>>
>>387044241
>>underwhelming hardware
even today it's factually the best hardware for the money
>>387044241
>>paid online unlike PS3
thank MS for that
>>
>>387026613
>all those multiplats it has to pull from

Gets a small chuckle from me every time.
>>
>>387044757
>even today it's factually the best hardware for the money
bait. it has been proven already that a similar priced pc absolutely destroys the ps4

>thank MS for that
everything is everyone else's fault and sony did it just for banter and not because they want your money amirite
>>
>>387043757
Lol, if anything a normal controller is more intimidating. Every person in the world have used a keyboard before, but not everyone have used a ps4/Xbone/joycon.
>>
File: 1489616631086.png (4MB, 1428x4400px) Image search: [Google]
1489616631086.png
4MB, 1428x4400px
>>387026613
Fixed
>>
>>387044757
That doesn't mean it's not underewhelming. The CPU is just way to weak. 8th console gen is a failure, there isn't a single big budget console game for Xbone or PS4 that's not just a 7th gen game with prettier graphics. You can tell Sony overpromised how powerful the PS4 would be, stuff like FFXV and Assassin's Creed Unity were clearly developed with more powerful hardware in mind. Developers were caught off guard which is why so many early games like like a dumpster fire on console.

>thank MS for that
>Sony dindu nuffin, he's a good company! #4theplayers!
>>
>>387044241
>Yeah Xbone was obviously a lot worse with the DRM and forced Kinect
That's the reason. Lots of nonkiddie games are for either Xbone or Ps4 so you have to choose. PS4 proved to be a lot better so it won.
>>
>>387004846
>now

Console plebs are hilarious
>>
>>387045080
>You can tell Sony overpromised how powerful the PS4 would be, stuff like FFXV and Assassin's Creed Unity were clearly developed with more powerful hardware in mind.
It's been rumored that early devkits were more powerful. More than devkits normally are but then they scaled it back.

Probably explain why Deep Down went from a launch title to five years later.
>>
>>387044757
>>>387044241
>>>underwhelming hardware

Look people need to stop saying this. If you're comparing consoles alone just by the tech in them. The switch is ahead because of architectural advances in arm.When the Xbone X released the GPU in it will be ahead. All consoles are weaker than PC's as well.

To be fair the Xbox has esram 32 MB which developers don't use anymore. Since they can be bother to optimize games anymore. If they bother to use this for the Xbone the games would run exactly the same as the PS4 versions.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.