[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dishonored a popular game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Dishonored_box_art_Bethesda.jpg (37KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored_box_art_Bethesda.jpg
37KB, 250x310px
Are you personally a fan of Dishonored?
Do you know why/why not?
Do you know others who feel the same?

Posting this because I'm convinced I'm the only person who doesn't like this game.
>>
>>387001158
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE0z6ytChPM
We can move on now
>>
>>387001158
it's not thief. when a game gives you a choice to not be stealthy then it's not a stealth game. SC blacklist is terrible as well. I can't believe this is what passes for stealth in this day and age.
>>
>>387001312
epic killstreak bro.
>>
I enjoyed it but I never felt compelled to replay it even though the game offers multiple endings and styles of gameplay to progress through the story.
>>
>>387001158
I like the first one but I didn't like the second the second

I was just so uninterested in what was going on and I felt like I was just checking off a chore list, stopped playing on the 4th? mission and haven't picked it up since, I don't know why though and it really annoys me since I even went back and played through the first one again fine.
>>
i didnt like it
it was sold to me as a stealth game but stealth was too optional for my taste.
combat just wasnt hard enough that it would require me to stealth
>>
first game was good
second game was an insulting, lazy as fuck retread
>>
>>387001970
Yea same shit here, you played as Emily or Corvo?

I was trying Emily but the game gives you zero reason to want her to succeed, constantly reminding you that Emily was/is an incompetent moron that didn't even want to be Empress until the title was taken from her, and her apathic bullshit ruined a major segment of the empire.
>Literally a line proclaiming she got the reports but just figured "lel that'll just sort itself out, it always does :^)"
>>
I'm a fan of Arkane games. There are more people seems to hate Arkane after D2 and Prey but I don't get it, they make good games and has a good record. Dark Messiah, Dishonored, Prey, all good games. I assume Arx Fatalis is also good, too.

Dishonored is a good immersive sim. There are ways to solve a problem with your liking with the right sets of tools and skills. It also feels a bit like older LG games, it the term of the freedom in level designs and controls, compared to let's say DE:HR. The problems with the game is that the skills is too OP and the plot is unengaging. The DLC is better design wise and 2 basically superior from the previous ones, except for the plot.
>>
>>387001158
The first one felt like sixty dollars worth of crouching behind barrels
>>
>>387001312
>Posts a TAS
>Game is good

ebin gillstreek :DD
>>
>>387001158
I adored it, OP. Combat is fluid, playing stealthily is very viable, and there's lots of world building going on in the background. if anything, I wasn't a fan of the voice acting, but the story was serviceable and I'm a big fan of Victorian/light-steampunk settings.
>>
I genuinely love the first game, gameplay is fun but the setting was also really interesting to me, too. The mixture of Edwardian industrial stuff with the cosmic stuff was actually really neat. It made a world I wanted to explore and learn about and be in.

I'm still getting through the second game...slowly. Really feels like a retread of the first but less interesting. Nice visual stuff, but I'm not totally sold on it. At the time I was just glad they got to make a second one. Stopped just after rescuing Sokolov like a month or more ago now. Life and other games happened.
>>
>>387002685

AF took like decade of official and unofficial patching to get playable and stable, and is still janky and campy and bizarre. For all that it fucking kicks ass, it's probably the best of the screwball first person RPGs out there. Dark Messiah improves on it in some ways and is probably the most similar of their other games but it's entirely unique, the only comparable game out there is System Shock 2 which is way worse.
>>
>>387002369
Yeah, Emily

I think >>387002296 hits the nail on the head with it just being a lazy retread which is why it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Delilah returning for the most contrived reasons to be paraded around in the prologue as a super cool villain and then do nothing the rest of the game as you kill all her subordinates was annoying, as it just makes the first games DLC feel redundant. Now Billie Lurk is the protagonist of the new standalone game even though her life was spared and she ran away to start a new life?

I enjoyed Prey and I'll still look forward to their games if it'll be more in line of stuff like that but man what the fuck happened?
>>
>>387003538
They're probably just took the safest route for the sequel, to ensure that they will get money

Ironic considering the plot is pretty much the main reason why the game was bombed. That, and the shitty performance.
>>
File: Dishonored Stylish 2l.webm (3MB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored Stylish 2l.webm
3MB, 640x344px
The series has a lot of positives but the negatives are there.
>Actual different ways to complete an objective
>In game choices matter
>Best level design this decade
>Interesting setting
>Meant to be replayed
But
>Story is whale bones
>Too many lethal powers compared to non-lethal
>Backstory and plots explained with little books
>Arkane hiring big name actors to voice one-off characters waste their budget

It's a damn shame it is ending but it's one of the best franchises to ever come out, shame people are too dumb for it.
>>
>tfw can never pull off all the cool shit people do because of retard tier reaction times

I just spam time stop, still fun though
>>
>>387003886
Arkane's games seem too niche for modern audiences. Its interesting though because the Dishonored series seems really successful.
>>
>>387002272
>it was sold to me as a stealth game
It wasnt
>>
>>387003886
>Meant to be replayed
should have had a user profile and level select then so you can replay earlier levels with more runes, but nooooo it has to be a typical save slot/quicksave/autosave thing
>>
File: file.png (39KB, 255x99px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
39KB, 255x99px
>>387001158
I love dishonored. It's one of my favourite games ever and I've played it, the DLC and 2 at least 4 times through each.

>>387003878
I don't think the plot really had much of an effect on it's popularity. Dishonoured 1 had a boring narrative too and I don't think anyone was turned off of the games because of it. I'd lay it more or less entirely on it being entirely unplayable on PC for the first 5 or 6 months after release.
>>
>>387003886
>Too many lethal powers compared to non-lethal
>>387006253
They fix both of these in 2. You can do drop-knockouts from rooftops and choke people out/beat them up mid-combat like batman
There's also a newgame+ mode where you keep all of your runes and upgrades
>>
>>387001158
I didn't like being constantly reminded not to kill anyone and yet only being given two nonlethal methods, one of which cant be used outside of stealth and the other is very limited in ammo. Especially frustrating when most abilities and weapons are very lethal and it's very easy to slaughter guards in open combat.
>>
>>387006485
You don't -have- to not kill people. Getting the "bad" ending isn't as if you've lost the game. High Chaos isn't a failure state. It's just a different ending.
Really, you're supposed to murder everything and everyone on your first try. Nonlethal is just something that you can do on a second playthrough if you feel like it.
>>
>>387006485
>>387006875
also, dishonoured 2 has a million different ways to knock people out.
You can suck their conciousness out in shadow form, or use flashbang bolts, or stun mines, or choke them out midcombat, or knock them over and curbstomp them, or drop-knock-out them from a rooftop, or domino them, or shoot them in the knee and kick them when they're down, etc.
>>
>>387006253
You can replay missions in 1 with all your powers
>>
>>387007281
How?

I know some people use cheat engine but I could never figure out how to use it
>>
Dishonored is literally one of my favorite last gen games, and Dishonored 2 is even better.
>>
>>387006875
People don't like High Chaos ending because you set out at the beginning to reclaim the throne and the game just goes "everything is ruined now, good job lol" because you got your hands dirty.

Now go and compare that to something like Metro 2033 where the """bad ending""" doesn't destroy the entire world you have spent your time getting involved in because it's not what the developer would want but instead encourages it because it's not only the canon choice but has a sick ass soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYNcWOrmJo8
>>
>>387001158
First game was a brave and respectable attempt at a new IP. Second game was alright too but felt a bit short.
>>
>>387007386
I played on 360, you can just go back into the missions menu in the main menu, you retain character progression.

When you save, you make a Mission save and a manual save (there's also autosaves, too). Never ever delete Mission saves because those delete you having actually unlocked that mission. That's stupid, honestly, just don't touch save slots that say 'Mission - [name]'. You can rewrite and delete manual and auto saves all you want.
>>
>>387001158
>Are you personally a fan of Dishonored?
Yes
>Do you know why/why not?
It's fun to beat twice
>Do you know others who feel the same?
Yes
>Posting this because I'm convinced I'm the only person who doesn't like this game.
If you don't like stealth ish games or shit like bioshock it's understandable
>>
>>387001158
I literally finished it like 20 minutes ago. Really enjoyed the game. Even if it's not a really complex stealth game, it offers multiple possibilities to finish the mission, art style was fenomenal and the story and lore became some of my favorite of all time.

Anyone can tell me what to expect for the dlc?
>>
>>387007059
I think dropping them almost always kills them. Honestly that was my biggest complaint with the nonlethal options. The NPCs can't survive any kind of fall which kind of sucks.
>>
>>387008396
That's because high chaos means literally massacering a large portion of your subjects that you come across. You can still get a low chaos ending while killing all of your targets and a portion of guards/enemies in every level. I get that you're given these incredibly destructive powers in the game that essentially make you a killing machine but one of the themes they're running with is the classic Spider-Man 'with great power comes great responsibility'. Just because you have these killing powers doesn't mean you're forgiven for slaughtering all of your subjects. 'Oh I know Queen Emily killed half of the population of Karnaca and all but can you really blame her? I mean she can turn into a shadow monster and rip people apart at will, who wouldn't do that?'
>>
>>387001158
It's a shitty action game with stealth elements, or it's a shitty stealth game with action elements. The only people that like it are the ones that played it as their first "stealth" game when they were 13.
>>
Maybe I'm just too casual but I just can't handle stealth in FPS.

The game seems to being cool and unique ideas though it's just not for me.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.