[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how much of Hellblade was real? Was it literally all in her head?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Hellblade_Wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hellblade_Wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
So how much of Hellblade was real? Was it literally all in her head?
>>
0%

It hurts me how much casuals excuse this shitheap because psychology = DEEEEEEEP and well written stories apparently.
>>
>>387000338
I don't know. I didn't play this trash.
>>
I played it for 30 mins or so and the gameplay is painful. Does it turn into anything more than Tameem Analdantes rambling at you about his mental problems with Match-A-Pattern games?
>>
>>387000338
>playing feminist trash

Lmao my how this board has fallen
>>
>>387001739
Not really, and you're playing the good part.
It falls apart about 4 hours in when it starts getting even more blatant with the padding.
>>
>>387001832
How is it feminist? Just because it's a female MC? Dude she suffers and actually has to achieve her goal through actions. That would not be the case if it were feminist.
>>
>Make a game with horrible gameplay
>Add warnings about how it depicts mental illness
>Use 2DEEP psychobabble and characters hearing voices
>Instant minimum 8/10 on metacritic
>>
>>387001832
>>387001972
It scares me that kids think this is what feminism means now.

>>387002189
Sadly this. The fucking chatter is more often gameplay hints than actual psychotic mumblings.
>>
>>387002409
I never said anything about what feminism means, rather I commented on how feminist games implement characters. Fuck off.
>>
I wouldn't believe the feminist junk except for one thing. They changed her model from a reasonably attractive one to an ugly one. That tends to support the idea that the game's creators were against the 'unrealistic standards' of beauty in art that are widespread which is of course a feminist stance.
>>
>when /v is more /pol than /pol
neat

I played it and enjoyed it. None of it felt like just token, forced-in dogma. Yes, there's dogmatic mental health awareness behind it, Sennua could've just as easily been a man (but this isn't a point of contention to me. She's supposed to be a pict warrior, which were sometimes female. She's good because her psychosis helps her. She is beaten the fuck up and tortured, and never claims she can do this because she is an womanyz. She just does it. This is an okay, natural use of a female character, and fuck /v if it wants to sperg out.)
Gameplay wise? It's a fucking walking simulator with some combat that is fun. It's not a great game. But it is a great narrative.
It was a pretty good ride. I enjoyed it.
If all of /v hates it, must be pretty good, etc, etc.
>>
>>387002698
>"If it was feminist it would do X"
>"DUDE WHAT I DIDN'T SAY FEMINISM MEANS THAT, JUST THAT ALL FEMINISTS ARE THE SAME WTF"

I feel bad for you kids.
People abusing the label to boost themselves have soiled the idea for an entire generation.
>>
>>387003586
Pathetic.
>>
>>387000338
>he actually played Hellblade
What are you some kind of homosexual?
>>
>>387003269
>But it is a great narrative.
I hate you easily impressed cocks.

It's because of people like you that we get stuff like this and Bioshock Infinite. Fuck story structure, proper development, themes, pacing, all that shit, as long as it tackles a subject that seems complicated that means it's good!

Seriously, the story is pretty bad. It's much akin to the ramblings of pretentious JRPGs, where its attempts to be "meaningful" overshadow its actual narrative. At the end of the story we still don't really know this character and almost everything has just been a massive guilt induced hallucinatory episode. There's no real themes or meaning, it's just "and then she faced hur feelings and got better :D" Fucking garbage.
>>
>>387003963
If only "facing your feelings and getting better :D" was an option for people in the real world.
>>
File: 1496720587742.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496720587742.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>387003269
>>
>>387004353
Life would be pretty boring.
But for real, I waited like three hours for the game to start going somewhere before realizing that it was absolutely substituting extended exposition for actual structure and development. Big disappointment, but I should have expected it given that both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved had to be punched up significantly by outside writers.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.