[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Starcraft 1 so good and Starcraft 2 so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: StarCraft_II_-_Box_Art.jpg (35KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
StarCraft_II_-_Box_Art.jpg
35KB, 250x354px
Why was Starcraft 1 so good and Starcraft 2 so bad?
>>
I liked the campaign of Starcraft 2 better
>>
>>386994720
duke nuke forever effect
>>
Starcraft: gritty universe where everyone was struggling to survive. Politics, betrayal, hungry space aliens.
Starcraft 2: Raynor is suddenly a giant pussy. Zerg have feelings too shitlords :^) <3 <3 <3
>>
>>386995759
>Zerg have feelings too shitlords :^) <3 <3 <3

I never played SC2.

Did Blizzard really do this?
fucking lol if true
>>
Raynor goes from taking revenge for "Fenix and all the others that got caught between Kerrigan and her mad lust for power" , to I miss my alien waifu.

Shit is unforgivable.
>>
>>386995878
>There's an entire expansion dedicated to #ZergLivesMatter
>>
>>386995958
>biologically hyper adapted perfect pussy
We are all just mortal men. Made of flesh and blood.
>>
>>386996013
I didn't even mean to greentext this
>>
>>386994720
nostalgia goggles
>>
>>386995878
They gave The Queen of Blades feelings. Since Zerg are a hivemind that makes it true.
>>
>>386995958
don't forget super saiyan Kerrigan saving the world in LOTV
>>
Very few of the campaign maps involve a straight up kill or be killed scenario.

#10 In the of terran campaign has the enemy launching nukes at you within 15 minutes.
>>
>>386996312
I stopped caring after WOL. I know it got worse but I cant summon the effort to care.
>>
>>386996530
I put off playing SC2 for so long by the time I got round to it I could do all the campaigns back to back.
>>
>>386995759

It's a typical Blizzard game in that it takes itself very seriously. Everyone is like "yes I am proud to call you my friend" and "let us end this once and for all. To battle my brothers! Let us do this for honor!" and the orchestral music swells and it's just so straight-laced and humorless I had to laugh sometimes.
>>
Starcraft Ghost when?
>>
>>386996221
Yeah it's fucking retarded. Kerrigan is suddenly all feelsy despite being a total transhuman+zerg hybrid pyschopath throughout Brood War, and then suddenly gets all super soft in HotS.
>>
>>386994720
Starcraft 1 is horrible and Starcraft 2 is great
Diablo 1 is amazing and Diablo 2 is shit, Diablo 3 is the greatest
Warcraft 1 and 2 are okay and Warcraft 3 is the best.
Overwatch is shit
Blizzard are bretty good.
>>
>Raynor is suddenly some kind of cowboy badass with a southern accent
>in SC/BW he was just a balding marshal from some bumfuck world with only a slight twang in his voice
>>
>>386994720
Starcraft was balanced for 20 years, Starcraft 2 had half Starcraft 1's time. Also, you have to consider the landscape of RTS, Blizzard is very good at repackaging other companies' ideas. Starcraft in its beta form looked like a reskinned Warcraft 2. Only after Command and Conquer came around, that they reinforced a lot of good change into the game. Now that Blizzard is pretty much the only one keeping RTS around, having nobody else to draw their >inspiration from, their true game dev levels are exposed.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.