[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I beat this game on very hard with vampires?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: black_coach_1920.jpg (70KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
black_coach_1920.jpg
70KB, 594x334px
How the fuck do I beat this game on very hard with vampires?
>everyone hates you
>Shit location
>-4 happiness on top of lack of corruption makes it hard and slow to expand
>as soon as you destroy empire chaos warriors/norska/beastmen attacks you
and you can't focus on fulfilling campaign objectives
>dwarves op and hold majority of the map
>shield of civilization doesn't apply to you so when invasion starts you can't focus on repelling chaos
>>
>>386991673
Don't expand too fast, or you'll get dragged into an endless war with neighbours and their allies faster than Shitslavs countries during both World Wars.
Try to go at war with only one faction at a time in the beginning, preferably a minor one (those that usually get confederated or anihilated by AI).
Focus on teching up/having a doomstack asap.
Yeah that last point is boring but it's the winning strategy.
When you're in full war march mode, abuse the VC resurrect campaign ability.
Also, autoresolve is pretty bad once you've skilled your lord into the Nagashism spells school, which should be among your first trait picks after the essential blue line traits obviously.
Public order is overrated if you don't expand too fast; rebellions are a very good source of exp and gold in the early game.
>>
>>386991673
also
>retarded economy doesn't allow you to field more than 2 armies
>>
>>386992915
thanks. regarding doomstack. Is this composition good? 1xlord 1xwight king 2x cairn wraith 4xterrorgheist 4x varghulf 8x grave guard (great weapons vs chaos/dwarves)
>>
>>386992915
>>386991673
Quick additions:
Always accept peace treaties.
Non-aggression pacts are really good too if you don't plan on bashing them in the next 5 turns.
Never accept defensive & military alliance except if you have faction specific relationship bonuses towards said factions.
One stack if the way to go, get a second one if you need to defend a key fort (aka one you've sunk money into).
Set AI battle difficulty to normal or hard if you don't want it to get "unfair" huge buffs to leadership and melee atk/def.
Good luck.
>>
File: 1497992027144.png (79KB, 571x502px) Image search: [Google]
1497992027144.png
79KB, 571x502px
>Norsca is better than chaos warriors, the supposed end destination of the best norscan warriors
>>
>>386993608
>>shield of civilization doesn't apply to you so when invasion starts you can't focus on repelling chaos
Bretonnian lands are very good to defend againt chaos (not norsca!)
Yeah, they win badlandsbowl 100% of the time now.
Again, Bretonnian lands keep you far away from stunties too.

Regarding composition;
Wight kings might look cool but they're terrible heroes, especially compared to vampires which are among the best in game, next to gorebulls.
Your composition is good but 8x grave guards is way to much, they're meat shields, they're nothing more than an anvil for your cavalry/fragile damage dealing units.
Get a chariot, they're really worth it.
4 terrorgheists are only good if you're facing ranged-heavy armies (welves, empire, sometimes dwarfs but they're good vs big monsters).
>>
>>386994370
Border princes/tilea/eastalia settlements are also good vs chaos & dwarfs, but they're kind of a bottleneck, if you get trapped you're fucked, but still, they're safe from lots of invaders.
>>
>>386994370
I never got chariot. read that they are shit, but I'll give them a try. I think about 2 at expense of guards. and maybe 2 additional varghulfs at expense of terrorgheists
>>
>>386994370
Also what do you mean that Bretonnia is good to defend? Should I leave all behind and just protect at bretonnia? what about my economy? they are going to raze everything
>>
>>386995160
If you're dead set on having skeletons (aka grave guards) in your army, because they look cool and I can't blame you, get some cavalry too.
They're pretty shit on their own but are amazing at holding lines for cavalry cycle charges, and fortunately, VC have some of the best shock cav in the game.

>>386995347
Depends how your campaign is going, but fucking up chivalrous frogs isn't that hard as VC as Moussillon is of great help and can even be made of an ally as soon as you start attacking bretonnians.
When you've wiped those minor VC factions no one cares about (templehof and the other one), it might be a great idea to head to bretonnia.
Consider that empire secessionists are on the road to bretonnia and slapping them might please karl franz enough for a peace treaty or even a non aggression pact, that'll buy you some time while you slap bretonnians (which he doesn't like).
>>
>>386991673
Fucking dwarves are a pain in the ass to siege.
>>
>>386995921
ok, so you are saying that I should throw away guards. but what replace them with? wraiths are getting ravaged by anything that has more soldiers than 60
>>
>>386995347
>hat do you mean that Bretonnia is good to defend
Their settlments and forts are hidden in a corner of the map protected by welves and border princes/eastalia/tilea and minor dwarves factions.
>>
How do i play Orks successfully?
>>
>>386996365
Blood Knights (expensive but very worth it).
Black knights if you want the budget alternative (far less cost effective tho).
Varghulfs.
1 mortis engine is a must.
Vampire heroes are very good too, in most cases better than a stack of grave guards.
>>
>>386996524
Git gud at total war warhammer.
Their campaign is pretty hard, they're kind of like empire but with shittier units and better starting position.
>>
The only faction I've never finished was any of the VC LLs. The idea of throwing a full stack of garbage just to summon a better one is just too abstract for me.
>>
Disregard Mannlet von Cuckstein and roll with Papa Vlad and his bitch
>>
>>386995921
I understand why bretonnia is ok . But should I just ignore my home territory?
>>
File: Family trip.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px)
Family trip.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
>>386997341

>not bullying mannlet into joining your undead crusade against chaos
>>
>>386994025
chaos united are a bunch of faggots, pick Nurgle and be happy
>>
>>386996886
And how do i git gud? I always have problems having to fight or raid something even if i'm not in a good position or at war with somebody or fucking orks get all retarded and start killing each other.
>>
>>386997676
>this burgundy background
SFO?
Get out of here faggot, it's basically radious 2.0 now
>>
>>386998125

Nah, it's Themed UI Compilation
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.