[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you hate competition /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 22

File: 1502492196432m.jpg (85KB, 978x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502492196432m.jpg
85KB, 978x1024px
Fighting Games:
>waah, this is too hard for me, it's no fun, fucking autists who spent 1000s of hours learning the game, I just picked it up yesterday, I should be able to compete with them.
>I shouldn't have to press XBLRBAXYYXLR just to throw a punch, gosh, it's artificial difficulty, fighting games are for scrubs
>this genre is dead, I hate competition

RTS:
>fucking Meta elitists ruined everything
>how dare they learn the optimal builds to quickly build an army and manage their economy, I just wanna play this war game and pretend it's Sim City
>fucking tankspammers rushing my base, no fun allowed
>I hate competition, this genre is dead

Shooters:
>hurr, center screen to make something dead
>fucking faggots memorizing the map and killing me, it's not fair
>even a fucking casual could do this

MOBA:
>assfaggots pieces of shit, if I wanted to play an RTS, I'd do that, what's the point if you only control ONE character
>this game takes NO skill, literally just build your super and press R to win, fucking braindead
>I could be a top player too and make millions, but I don't want to cause this genre sucks, and eSports are gay

No wonder this board has such a boner for Nintendo and Senran Kagura shit. You people suck dick at vidya.

Why can't you just git gud ?
>>
File: dexter cookie.jpg (15KB, 447x335px) Image search: [Google]
dexter cookie.jpg
15KB, 447x335px
Competitive games that also have a ranking system in place bring out the worst in people
>>
Because video games are for entertainment, not to stress myself out.
>>
>>386986634
beta male scrub detected
>>
Because "competitive" segments tend to bring out the worst in the community, not to mention half the people in comp are shitters purely trying to play by meta they watched on Twitch.

Fightan is the most tolerable of the genres, since there's rarely any cheating or outright bitching, the rest are a cesspool of whiners and literal children.
>>
The difference between the first two genres and the bottom two is that normal people actually play them. This creates an learning curve where there are actually other players around your skill level online when you are. This is simply better than having to put in work before you really start playing the game. Even pretty old shooters get played a hell of a lot more than modern fighting games.
>>
>>386986330

/v/ isn't one person you idiot. I haven't played fightan in forever yet I've played some anons from here and had fun.
>>
B B B BUT MUH WAIFUUUSSSSS
>>
File: Stella.png (1MB, 1280x1324px) Image search: [Google]
Stella.png
1MB, 1280x1324px
>mfw the only competitive online I'm really good at is fifa

I wish i could trade all the time i spent on it with any fighter
>>
>>386986330
I don't give a shit I just want to blow my load inside Ai-chan's footpussy
>>
>/v/ is one person
*sighs*
>>
12v12 balance was what made vanilla TF2 the best

Want a fun time, make a game with competitive elements, but don't balance it with 6 or less people per side in mind
>>
>>386987470
Same
>>
File: 0b0.png (418KB, 839x510px) Image search: [Google]
0b0.png
418KB, 839x510px
>>386987470
>>
>spend thousands of hours getting good a competitive game that will probably die in a few years
>or spend that same time learning an instrument, reading classic literature or on other hobbies that will stay relevant and generally improve your life

Whatever floats your boat m8
>>
>>386987945
learning an instrument isn't going to improve your life
>>
File: 1502567647216.jpg (108KB, 2000x668px) Image search: [Google]
1502567647216.jpg
108KB, 2000x668px
>>386987470
>footpussy
>instead of pussypussy
not even once
>>
>>386988090
Playing the guitar gets you laid, getting a double perfect on street fighter doesn't
>>
You know the girl behind ai chan is a buck toothed jap with a nigger nose right? Loool
>>
>>386986330
I can reck shit for 2000m in fps but RTS and fighting literally require you to either have ADD or be on crack to keep up. I love RTS but no way would I join a starcraft tourny, thats like asking for masochism or something.

sometimes i'm ok on fighting but I fucking hate jugglers and that it literally the meta, juggle to win. pass.
>>
>>386986330
/v/ has always been a haven for closet casual elitists
>>
>>386988314
nice proof
>>
>ai shitposter

down the thread goes
>>
>>386988269
>Playing the guitar gets you laid

Is this what you keep telling yourself while poorly playing Smoke On The Water?
>>
>>386988370
>I fucking hate jugglers and that it literally the meta, juggle to win
I don't fucking understand people with this opinion. How is juggling any different to any other combo. If you mean you don't like games with long combos then fair enough but what do you mean by "juggle to win"?
>>
>>386986330
I'm only decent at shootan online. I'm pretty bad at fightan, rts is fun offline for me and mobas are just bad games.
>>
>>386988634
Nice one, but since you've resorted to strawman arguments I think I'll stop replying. Maybe I'll go play a nice casual JRPG
>>
>>386988827

He probably played Tekken 2/3 at his friend's house back in the day, got absolutely destroyed by Eddie mashing, then based his entire opinion on that.

Granted, U/MvC3 had a lot of combos that basically meant "get touched once, then you die", but even then lots of fightan requires resets if you want optimal damage.
>>
>>386988471
>>
>>386988827
are you really asking me to explain why juggling in games where it works is a massive advantage and became the default meta or are you just trying to ruse me?
>>
File: 8943763.jpg (48KB, 520x640px) Image search: [Google]
8943763.jpg
48KB, 520x640px
>Watching Nintenbros getting salty on Smash and Splatoon
Basically just like every other community they're quick to call out for being shit is like tbqh, it's how competition works.
>>
>>386989072
no, the problem was trying to play these days online, half the matches are like fighting bots spamming the same combo.

if you don't get it fine, if you think its lack of skill fine, I was pointing out a thing.
>>
File: 326px-S3_c9.png (127KB, 326x225px) Image search: [Google]
326px-S3_c9.png
127KB, 326x225px
>>386989065
>>386988269
Believe it or not, being an eSports superstar and having millions of dollars also gets you laid anon.

Also, if you're gonna dedicate 1000s of hours into something for pussy, you are the biggest of beta males, and probably don't get laid very often to begin with.

People who are legit good at guitar do it cause they're passionate about music, not cause they wanna impress basic bitches.

Especially since tbe secret no one will tell you is: being good looking will get you laid, and that one takes zero effort anon.

But given the options you presented me with, I'd rather practice to become an eSports superstar, that some bum ass guitarist with no gig.
>>
>>386989312
No I'm asking you to explain whether you think there's mechanically a difference between combos and 'juggle' combos or if you think certain fighting games are worse than others because their combos are aesthetically different.
>>
>>386986330
Is it true that Kizuna Ai is actually voiced by a man?
>>
>>386989770
I think "perfecting" a round with the opponent unable to react because they are in mid air is bullshit, clear enough?
>>
>>386989817
I don't know. Is it?
>>
>>386989817
No, because she has a girl voice.

They hired a voice actress to mocap and voice her. No she's not a real AI. That's just part of the joke.
>>
>>386989913
What a retarded post
>>
>>386986330
>mfw making retards mad in fps games because i actually took the time to get good at them
why is watching other people's impotent rage so satisfying, /v/?
>>
File: 1461552986180.gif (514KB, 360x264px) Image search: [Google]
1461552986180.gif
514KB, 360x264px
>>386990148
>forgot to post my face
>>
>>386990148
because you're a failure and having success in a video game makes you feel important
>>
>>386989875
okay but how is that different from the opponent unable to react because they are stuck in a combo on the ground
>>
>>386989875
Alright so you mean you don't like games with long combos, that's fair enough.
That said, at least in most recent fighting games you can't do 100% of someone's health in a single combo. I'm wondering if you understand the concept of resets but I guess that's a different topic.
>>
>>386990240
LOL
>>
>>386990316
This, and the games with long combos also have bursts.
>>
>>386989660
>Beta

lmao, no actaul women will want you if you have a face like those nu-males
>>
>>386986330
I want a nice comfortable videogame. I have a stressful job and make a lot of money from it. If a videogame can't be something extremely enjoyable, then it would be better to get into another hobby like jetskiing. and a lot of those online games have such toxic communities, it is not worth diving into.

I do enjoy rocket league though. its just fun. also, am very excited for windjammers.
>>
>hates competative games
>still claim that quake 3 and SC are the peak of vidya
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>386990398
They will if you pay them enough. Also, status, you forget how much that matters to women. You're basically at the elite of your clique as an eSports star. You're right about looks, but status matters more to women. The dude in the middle, Kai, he shows up in some Vice documentary and he cucks the reporter with these two cosplay girls called the Spiral Cats so hard, the reporter is literally salty about it all documentary.
>>
File: 1502532643395.png (346KB, 576x545px) Image search: [Google]
1502532643395.png
346KB, 576x545px
>play fighting game
>have to end up spending shittons of time for little to no reward
>wonder why people don't play your shitty game anymore
>there is no real strategy, just frame data and cheese tactics
>>
File: IMG_0648.jpg (838KB, 720x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0648.jpg
838KB, 720x1067px
>no mention of rhythm games

OP what is this, don't ignore the healthiest competitive vidya, rhythm games.

While they might be for colossal faggots and weebs alike, you can't argue that rhythm games aren't the most skill inclined games out there, as opposed to the aforementioned genres, which involve a healthy balance of skill and strategy.

There's is no strategy or tactic in rhythm gaming, just hitting shit better than the other people.
>>
>>386990642
See me in fantasy strike then fucboi
>>
>>386990642
t. lost to a friend mashing in tekken 3 20 years ago and never got over it
>>
>>386990771
I don't think rhythm games have an eSports scene anon.

They peaked with DDR and Guitar Hero, but have been dead since.
>>
>>386987945
Literally this, without the pretension. Why do people devote their time to one game when they could play several others instead?
>>
File: 1500683324229.jpg (39KB, 636x651px) Image search: [Google]
1500683324229.jpg
39KB, 636x651px
>>386990857
t.lonely virgin nerd who does nothing but play their shitty game with a closed circle of other veterans, then wonders why no new players enjoy playing against them
>>
>>386990881
>eSports scene
Neither do puzzle games or shmups, but they're still some of the most skill-driven competitive genres out there.

>They peaked with DDR and Guitar Hero, but have been dead since.
Music games are incredibly healthy right now. Even in the west, there has been a large revival of IIDX (mostly due to piracy) and DDR (thanks to Round1) in recent years.
>>
>>386990947
Because they're passionate about it?

If you can't acknowledge this, then you are pretentious, as you see your passion as inherently better than someone else's, despite competitive gaming being proven to be a possible path toward wealth, status, and social success.
>>
>>386990993
gitgud you beta male cuck. Not my fault you're intimidated by competition.
>>
>>386986330
>MOBA:
>>assfaggots pieces of shit, if I wanted to play an RTS, I'd do that, what's the point if you only control ONE character
>>this game takes NO skill, literally just build your super and press R to win, fucking braindead

those are both true though. assfaggots are retarded casual garbage and don't deserve to be compared to RTS or fighting.
>>
>>386986330
>Implying I play anything but competitive
I don't remember the last single player game I played
Also MOBAs are trash regardless of the competitive level
Fighters and shooters are where it's at
>>
>>386986330
Because I don't wanna tryhard just to win.
>>
File: 1501958063520.jpg (89KB, 958x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1501958063520.jpg
89KB, 958x1300px
>>386991531
>typical fighting game player response
>>
>>386986583
No they don't, not if its a 1v1 or team-based ranking system.
The problem is the nu-competitive games (mostly MOBA's) that rank you on a solo ladder yet you're playing with completely random teammates

It's so stupid how your skill is judged based on an entire team of randoms. It adds a huge luck element to ranking up which is why nu-gamers like it. They are afraid of playing 1v1 games because you have to actually perform. Can't just blame your teammates when you lose.
>>
>>386991536
Yet /v/ shits on those for being too hard.

I can't speak for MOBA as I've never played a MOBA game, but I see threads on /v/ about people bitching that fighting games not bring accessible enough, and demanding the skill bar be lowered to cater to them, or saying that RTS isn't popular due to the competitive scene "killing the fun."

Not only that, but /v/ also hates eSports for some irrational reason, and wishes for it to die.

I think /v/ just sucks dick at vidya in general, and feel jealous of those who can attain glory by practicing to be the best at a videogame.
>>
>>386991439
No, it's usually because it's popular and they're getting paid to play the most popular stuff. For fighting games especially. If SFV didn't have forced sponsorship money nobody would be playing it.
>>
>>386991770
Yes and?
>>
>>386990881
PIU is the closest thing since back in the days Andamiro used to have rather large cash prizes for WPF (as in, enough to buy your own private cabinet even if you finished 3rd). Not so much now. Nowadays, it's a race to get the best theoretically possible score first for bragging rights.
>>
>>386991834
And what about the people who play competitive Melee or Guilty Gear? Or Tekken or Killer Instinct?
>>
Posting skillful competitive single player games in a multiplayer game thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8UNDVZNQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjZX8MvH3c8
>>
File: 2016-02-05_00002.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-05_00002.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
>>386991771
The problem with team-based competitive games is the way the match-making works, you'll go from matches where you absolutely stomp on the enemy team and actually have people that communicate to games where everything goes wrong and you're the one that ends up getting stomped.

You're basically playing the roulette every time you queue up for a match, I remember losing my mind over ranked CSGO games because it was such a massive shitshow, if you got placed in a low rank you basically had to endure pure torture before you got grouped up with people with at least two functioning brain cells, pic related.
>>
File: 01_numbers01.jpg (124KB, 1690x458px) Image search: [Google]
01_numbers01.jpg
124KB, 1690x458px
>>386991834
Anon, 75% of the entries at Evo were not SFV
>>
>>386992243
Most of them aren't even exclusive to one game people can play multiple games after all
>>
>>386992230
>Play with stack to avoid this problem.
>Hit DMG
>Half our games end up having enemies that play like complete garbage, and then ramping up their skill 1000% after losing the first 8 rounds
>"You've just plateau'd lol there's no cheaters in this game" t.csgog
>>
>>386991439
There's passion and there's obsession. There's no passion in playing a game for hundreds of hours simply because you need to stay on top and becoming more and more toxic about that hobby because you've long realized that there's no justification for it anymore. All you faggots can come up with is "le nu male beta cuck just git gud" as if playing games for an unhealthy amount of time is somehow a display of masculinity.
>>
Fighting games aren't fun though. There is a reason the genre is niche, dying and entirely populated by low IQ autism black "people".
>>
Tried playing TF2 in a league for a while, hit a point where I wasn't progressing at all. Then I realized I wasted over 2 thousand hours on that shitty game and had nothing to show for it. Think of how many games you could play and finish in 2 thousand hours. I don't have what it takes to reach the top of the ladder in any esport and even if I did there are so many other games out their that I haven't played, so I don't bother with multiplayer games anymore except for the occasional round of CS:GO.
>>
File: steel.png (512KB, 568x432px) Image search: [Google]
steel.png
512KB, 568x432px
>>386992653
Yeah it's a horrible experience all around, ranks were a mistake.
>>
>>386992689
What's the difference between passion snd obsession anon?

Where do you draw the line?

Because anyone who's ever mastered anything needed to dedicate at least 10,000 hours into it. Is a career artist passionate or obsessive? What about professional musicians? Or Japanese Mangaka?

I'm sorry your brain is too dulled to understand this, but tge people who have become successful in their fields needed to live, eat, dream, and breathe their passion. Every waking moment. Doctors, Lawyers, Businessmen, Bodybuilders, Athletes. You don't earn success without dedicating everything you got into something to the point of obsession.

Why would it be different with a videogame? Where being at the very top earns you millions.

What have you accomplished in life that can compare to that? If it wasn't with the level of dedication that mirrors obsession, then I don't think it was really much.
>>
>>386992916
Well the important thing is you had fun unless you weren't in which case fuck you.
>>
>>386992230
Ranking people as a solo queue player in a team-based game is the most fucking retarded thing I've ever heard, it's a complete joke to call it "competitive" when you're just rolling the dice every time you queue up

It's not a true competitive game, it's just another carrot on a stick for people because they can queue up and randomly win, no matter if they play good or bad. and seeing those +rank points releases dopamine.
>>
Practicing video games is about as fun as watching paint dry. If I'm going to "practice" something, either I'm just so into the game that I don't even think of it as practice in the first place, or I'm going to practice some real life skill where the physical act of the skill itself is inherently more engaging than pushing buttons in front of a screen.

Either I need to already be so into the game that I don't think of training as "practice", or I need to be able to learn the game just by diving straight into the game itself after a short tutorial. Going outside the game, the part where you play against someone and there's a winner and loser, via strategy guides or training mode breaks immersion and defeats the purpose of playing in the first place. But you have to in order to make it in fighting games and RTS. In those games I initially have fun getting beat, but that wears off after however many hundred straight losses so I go play something else.
>>
>>386987945
>posting on 4chan when you could be reading classic literature
practice what you preach senpai
>>
>>386993283
>Why would it be different with a videogame? Where being at the very top earns you millions.
Why would it be different? Because only an infinitesimal percentile of people will ever "earn millions" from playing competitive vidya. The people I know who play competitively either play for fun or _lose_ money by investing in in-game transactions, whatever those are.
Then again "mastering" something was never the point or the premise of this thread. I can attend a few piano lessons and already play a decent amount of songs. Future doctors and lawyers invest their time reasonably as their working towards a goal that will earn them a decent salary. Competitive players rarely produce something of their own, they're good at playing by the rules of a game they haven't invented and that's it.
>>
competitive video games are fun, I have 1000+ hours in multiple different fighting games and I love them.
People who hate competitive games are just too egotistical to accept losing.
You have to view each loss as a learning experience, you have to respect your opponent and give them props for learning cool strategies which maybe you can adopt.

The problem is, most people would rather just rage and dismiss their opponent as a nerd or autist, because they have too much of an ego to just accept the fact they're bad and train to get better.
>>
How bad do you have to be to not be able to grasp MOBAs?
>>
>>386994272
why does everything have to lead to a career? I play competitive games because they are FUN.
You're wasting time posting on 4chan right now while you could be learning a foreign language or a new instrument, so fuck off and never consume any entertainment again if you're going to judge competitive gamers for "wasting" their time by having fun
>>
>>386994272
>Because only an infinitesimal percentile of people will ever "earn millions" from playing competitive vidya.
And it's the same for anything else in the world retard. Welcome to real life. We are all COMPETING with each other for EVERYTHING. Only a small fraction of people who try something actually make it, should this stop you from ever trying to get good at something?
>>
File: 1501959909708.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1501959909708.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>386994272
>I should be able to beat someone who's spent many many more hours than me playing the game because we're not pros anyway so who cares about balancing and learning anything.
Play smash or some shit, it's randomized enough for someone like you to enjoy it.
>>
File: killmenow.jpg (45KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
killmenow.jpg
45KB, 500x324px
I suck at everything I've ever done
>>
>>386986330
Because most of the time I don't find it fun, only competitive games I play are fighting games, they're the only ones I find fun, I don't likw RTS and MOBA and I'd very much prefer to play FPS on singleplayer, except for co-op which I actually find fun.
>>
How do i git gud at CS?
I've played for almost 100 hrs and my aim sucks
>>
>>386986330
I have no problem with any competition except fighting games, mostly because it just takes too much time. Maybe if I was younger I could sit in practice mode doing combos and shit over and over, but I'd rather be playing and finishing games nowadays than spending time getting good at one game.
>>
File: Laughs.jpg (158KB, 478x463px) Image search: [Google]
Laughs.jpg
158KB, 478x463px
>>386995841
>almost 100 hrs
>>
>>386995841
Anon you have to spend like a thousand hours until there's a noticeable improvement, if not even more.
>>
>>386995841
Learn the spray patterns and just practice that till you're blue in the face, reflexes and good aim should carry you through the lower ranks.

http://dathost.net/blog/csgo-practice-config-full-cfg-file-and-list-of-commands-you-might-want/
>>
File: NG2.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
NG2.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>386986330
>Fighting games
Sure, but not when your opponant is behind 12 proxies and 12 frames of lag.
Come back when internet technology gets better/peoples stop playing only 2 fighting games leaving everything else dead.
It's the most useless genre of videogame until then.

>RTS
Westacuck shit

>Shooters
Are great in single player, multiplayer is just a race where the goal is to get carpal tunel syndrome faster than everyone else

>MOBA
Westacuck normalfag shit

>Git gud
I do. In games that deserves my time.
>>
>>386986634
This.
>>
>>386990771
because no one enjoys rhythm games.
>>
>>386986330
why can't you just ____
>>
>>386990881
>eSports
Reddit.
>>
>>386990559
REALLY MAKES YOU THINK
>>
File: 1379152640339.gif (1MB, 401x409px) Image search: [Google]
1379152640339.gif
1MB, 401x409px
>>386986330
>Doing the exact same monotonous task over and over is competitive.

Naw. What grinds my gears about these people is the constant bitching.
>It's not fair they had a higher ranked player!
>It's not fair they used this character!
>It's not fair everything didn't turn out exactly like I am used to!
>>
>>386998069
>It's not fair they had a higher ranked player!
perfectly valid complaint
games should be balanced and matchmaking algorithms should be perfected as the first priority of multiplayer games
>>
/v/ is extremely low skilled at video games.

They are also scared of losing and incapable of training and improvement.
>>
>>386998909
And I wouldn't have it any other way. Getting good at video games is a waste of time.
>>
>>386998069
KoreanBoyDisgracesFamily.webm
>>
I wish you could set Ai as your Windows wallpaper that moves around and speaks to you dynamically.
>>
File: Bonzi_Buddy.png (323KB, 363x303px) Image search: [Google]
Bonzi_Buddy.png
323KB, 363x303px
>>386999979
there's always this
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.