[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Decadence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 7

Best RPG since Fallout 2?

Post your builds.
>>
>>386977127
Someone tell me what build to use so I don't have to reload 3 times each fight
>>
What rpgs let me make a hot chick character that aren't TES?
Asking for a friend.
>>
File: 20170609204211_1.jpg (166KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170609204211_1.jpg
166KB, 1360x768px
It's too hard for me, but I love all the death screens.
>>
>>386977245
Max out block OR dodge, but NOT both.

I'd recommend a heavy armor, axe + shield warrior for your first playthrough.
>>
I just made a guy with lots of dodge, sword skill and a two hander. Then I reloaded until I won fights because everything crushes you 90% of the time in the first town.
>>
Age of Decadence is fucking trash
>>
>>386977245
go for dodge + poison + dagger and spin2win
>>
>>386977543
The game does tell you that any battle is stupid hard and you should probably play a diplomat like character for your first playthrough.
>>
>>386977656
Yeah it does, but holy fuck. I actually tried just murdering everything in my path since there's achievements for doing the first town quests in the most violent way possible. I think one of them requires starting a fight with like 6-7 town guards, massacring them all on your own, then getting banished from the town. No clue how that's even doable.
>>
>>386977127
Game pissed me off. Fighting builds are useless unless you go full-fighter and diplomacy builds are the most boring shit ever. Wasn't a fan of the setting or aesthetic either.
>>
This is not an RPG, this is a trial and error, skill-search mini-game. What you end up doing here is repeatedly restarting a scenario with different skill arrangements to find the one that actually works. Fuck this game.
>>
>>386977127
>Best RPG since Fallout 2?
Best RPG period. Played through it like a fiend when it first launched and racked up 83 hours. I really need to get back into it so I can see the expanded endings and shit they've patched in after the fact. Plus I hear they ported over some of the Dungeon Rats improvements so that's nice.
>>
>>386978478
DECLINE
>>
>>386978020
Consumables, tactically retreating to get a chokepoint, more consumables. Nets/poisons/bombs are all really fucking powerful in AoD, though for difficult fights in the beginning you're going to want to powergame and squeeze as many skillpoints from sidequests as possible. That's generally true of AoD anyway, but you really fucking want them early on.
>>
>>386978478
I would only kind of agree with this on the assassin path and maybe the thief path. The straight fighters and talkers have less issue with that since if you focus on fighting or focus on talking you're fine, but hybrids like assassin have a hell of a time. Assassin moreso, because the thief path is a little bit more lenient in letting you non-combat your way through shit but assassin is packed to the gills with checks for skills that are only used a couple times in the game and then still dumping you in the deep end on combat anyway. It's a really satisfying path to play through since you see a lot of cool shit but it's absolutely the hardest.
>>
I fucking love this game, probably around halfway through on a merc playthrough. I didn't think I'd like the game as much as I did after getting my shit rekt as a praetor in the demo.

Pic related is what I started out with, I'm extremely more powerful now and I annihilate almost everything that comes my way.

Not sure what I'm going to do my next playthrough though, need to try some diplomacy and backstabbing.
>>
File: 20170804225332_1.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170804225332_1.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
>>386979663
and sorry for the rebbit spacing :)
>>
File: 20170808030616_1.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170808030616_1.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
post arena waifus
>>
I made a sword + block fighter with alchemy and crafting support, and there's little fights I can't win, mostly those are the scripted ones like 'you are ambushed if you try to go in a place where everyone hates you'
>>
>>386978748
Damn, now I wanna try it again. Even though the first town is unreasonably hard, it's also the most fun to me since the different character starts all feel so involved with each other. Maybe bothering to use consumables this time will make it more bearable.
>>
>>386977127
That would be Fallout Nevada
>>
>>386977127
I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale.

It's bizarrely cheaper to get the game bundled with another, than it is to buy the game separately on steam right now.

And from what I've heard, RPG mechanics aside, the gameplay is tedious.
>>
Phenomenal game. I did a "talky-fighty" type of character for my first playthrough. More of the former than the latter, which made the initial fights I foolishly tried to take on total murder.
>>
>>386980771
>RPG mechanics aside, the gameplay is tedious
I love the combat, and I generally get bored of RPG combat (especially turn based). I'm even considering buying Dungeon Rats, which is mostly combat-based.

So no, I wouldn't call the gameplay tedious. Sometimes I get the feeling /v/irgins claim a game is bad even though they've never played it. People wouldn't do that, right?!
>>
>>386980623
It's definitely required for some of the harder fights, but you'll probably still get your shit pushed in during the harder fights early on even with that knowledge. Being able to handle some of the fights opens up fun shit later though. Like if you survive Miltiades' ambush and confront him about it it opens up a whole storyline with him later on. That isn't as rough as taking on the mine by yourself or trying to kill the kidnappers but it has the longest reaching consequences.
>>
>>386977435
>That thumbnail
>doot
>>
Played through it once as a non-combat slick jew Grifter.

>scamming people for shekles
>talking my way out of certain death

The excellent writing really made me feel like everything i got into had consequences, since i couldn't just fight my way out of shit.

The combat is truly ass, though. Hope they improve on it in the next game
>>
>>386977127
LOL
FUUUUUUCK RPG CODEX!!!!!!
>>
>>386981184
I didn't mind the combat. Outrageously difficult at times, but what guy can take on seven people by himself anyway? Anyway. I felt the fighting was just a somewhat improved version of Fallout 1 and 2, which is fine by me.
>>
>>386981282
Hello, brainlet
>>
>>386980961
Turnbased combat is almost -always- tedious.
>>
>>386981510
>>386981282
>>386981184
the combat in AoD is much better than Fallout 1 and 2 though. and no, I'm not baiting.
>>
>>386981413
Hello, jaded tryhard fake crpg fan
>>
>>386978478
Yeah it's terrible. I can understand why the games appeals to autists who think having to reload dozens of times to play an adventure game makes sense, but it's still shit.
>>
>>386981413
>He actually outed himself.
Don't you have a buggy game to defend?
>>
>>386981779
>he had to reload
>he blames the game and calls other autists
lol
I hate to say this, but git gud
>>
>>386977245
Uninstall wizard
>>
Did the codexfags give up on griwaaaah and decide to shill this turd for old times sake?
Was it a coin flip between this and utterfail or is that next?
>>
>>386983845
nice bait
not really, but you deserve a free (You)
>>
>>386983845
AoD's a good game unlike Grimoire and Underrail though.
>>
It was fun playing as a warrior but every non-combat build just ended up with me saving skill points so that i could pass the next skill check.
>>
It's a game with good plot, good dialogue and lots of options, but the fake, enforced combat difficult is bonner killing. You basically can't make a intelligent character and a viable fighter at the same time. You want to see the dialogue that you hatches a plan to make Antidas emperor? Fine, you will be fucked by Hamza later because you had to invest too much in intelligence and can't do shit against him, for example. So, in short, you sacrifice lots and lots of content just to make a fighter's route. The game basically punishes you for trying to play as fighter smart than a cucumber.
>>
>>386985259
Hybrid playthrough is possible and more rewarding than any other playthrough. It's really the kind of game that rewards you the most when you know all your shit about the necesary skill checks and quest rewards. Is it worth spending all that time though? Really depends on how you like your game.
>>
>>386984251
underrail is good kys
>>
Why does /v/ hate AoD and Underrail? muh codex boogeyman?
>>
>decide to go fighter with persuation
>imagine that I'll manouver my way to the top
>convince Carrinas and Antidas to ally
>get respectable bodycount and feats of strength
>stop a horde of steppe barbarians with my guardsman brothers
>later convince Carrinas to step into the Ganezzar conflict and turn the entire Imperial Guard into an inquisition
>let the coffin be
>in the ending I get stuck in a dead-end career because the IG commander wasn't impressed by my political manouvering

Fuck them all. Next game I will go full edgelord.
>>
>>386988628
Too hard for the average /v/ goer plus the "old school indie" stigma.
>>
>>386979965
the cat or the elf on the left
>>
File: WE.png (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
WE.png
1MB, 1024x576px
>>386990394
>>386979965
not this one?
>>
>>386988628
/v/ isn't really the target audience for those games.
/vr/ or the RPG Codex are more fertile hunting grounds for the shills.

Yet they come here every now and again so you have to admire their plucky "Can Do" spirit.
>>
>>386988628
Underrail was very well received on /v/, from what I remember.
>>
>>386988628
Underrail is godlike
AoD is trash
>>
i didn't really like age of decadence and i didn't like underrail much either. the combat is all well and good but when i'm playing an rpg i'm expecting an engaging world and story and neither game had that for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 1000x1300px
>>386978478
this is probably the best description of AoD
>>
>>386988628
/v/ only likes casual jrpgs that are basically like watching a movie
>>
>>386992507
I don't get it.
>>
>>386992507
What was that which you got again?
>>
>>386992182
agree with this guy
>>
>>386983845
>Did the codexfags give up on griwaaaah and decide to shill this turd for old times sake?
Yes. The latest Grimwah threads are dying left and right now that the shills fucked off.
>>
>>386992507
Gonna need that sauce mate don't make me keep asking
>>
>>386993763
>>386992795
>>386992628
Not anon, but that's Long Live the Queen.
Legitimately good game, though it's really more of a VN.
>when it turns out learning falconry was actually super useful
>>
>minimal strength
>Max dex and perception
>Try to crossbow my way through everything
Turns out that's not the best idea when facing more than one or two enemies without allies.
>>
>>386993903
Thanks
>>
>>386993903
>when it turns out learning falconry was actually super useful
Fucking when? I've only found like one useless check for it the entire game.
>>
>>386994157
If you've got enough Falconry your bird instakills Kevan when he challenges you to a duel to the death.
It's pretty rad.
>>
>>386994684
Bah, it's still not nearly as useful as the overpowered skill that is magic. My first run was a no-magic run though, as I didn't know how neccesary it was.
>>
>>386977382
Fallout 4
>>
>>386995024
Sorry also besides Fallout
>>
>>386995075
Asian MMOs. You can even play them with said friend.
>>
>>386995272
I got BDO but the game didn't really have any appeal to me although it is good for that sole purpose
>>
>>386995365
Try one of the countless others.
>>
>>386977127
Are they finally done with the updates? Already played through it 3 times but I promised myself another run once they're done with the patches. I think I'll do another hybrid using the Power Armor and Bolter this time.
>>
>>386992007
So if I liked AoD I won't like Underrail since you like it and you clearly have shit taste
>>
>>386980961
Check out Legends of Eisenwald, similar tactical combat but more forgiving and set in medieval Germany
>>
>>386996115
The thing about Underrail is it's actually pretty easy but it looks old so /v/ thinks they're pretty hardcore if they can get through it. It's a well polished game but it doesn't have AoD's depth.
>>
>>386979741

>reddit spacing

How did properly spacing your fucking paragraphs and not spewing a big block of run-on text become an implication of reddit association?

This fucking board.
>>
>Age of Decadence

Can you play as a slut?
>>
>>386996596
Stop Reddit spacing.
I believe it has something to do with going two lines down for every sentence or more when you should only do so when starting on a new subject.
>>
>>386996608
It's Age of Decadence not Age of Degeneracy. There IS a difference, although there are also similarities.
>>
>>386996467
not him, but that looks like absolute shite
post some good games instead
>>
>>386977127
How Decadent is this?
>>
>>386977127
Dear fucking god, no.
>>
>>386996769
>>386996596
>going two lines down for every sentence or more when you should only do so when starting on a new subject
Unless you space shit out, the retards on /v/ won't be able to read it. If you add too many spaces however, it's literally r e d d i t.
>>
>>386997864
name a better recent rpg that isn't blunderrail
>>
>>386997972
The retards are from Reddit anyway.
>>
>>386992507
The princess vn works because it's actually fun tho
>>
>>386998237
>The princess vn works because it has cute girls*
>>
>>386998113
90% of /v/ is from ribbit, even fucking rpgcodex is better at this point.
>>
>>386998057
Shadowrun: Hong Kong and Dragonfall
>>
>>386998331
Nah, it is super fucking amazing to die from chocolate despite surviving a crazy ass adventure. It was so good I didn't even mind I lost so much progress.
>>
>>386998331
This is true, but it is fun on its own too.
>>
>>386998334
>90% of /v/ is from ribbit
I highly doubt that, but even if you're from there then there's no need to flaunt it.
>>
>>386998347
haaha, no. even if you look past the the sjw shit, they're at best 7.5/10
>>
>>386998581
And Age of Decadence isn't somehow complete dogshit in comparison?
>>
>>386998826
it's miles better than SJWrun, that's for god damned sure
>>
>>386999064
kys
>>
>>386999112
that's your argument? hahahah christ, man
>>
>>386999219
that wasn't an argument you dumbass
>>
>>386977127
I only played the demo.
Does the actual game make the chicks not look like dudes?
>>
>>386999605
Nope, girls are dudes with boobs
>>
>>386981124
I swear to god that death screen was made specifically to make people think that when they see thumbnails.
>>
>>386977127
This game felt like long live the queen without the anime waifu bait, so shit.
>>
>>386993937
Crossbow builds are so fucked in this game. Dunno why they felt the need to make poison (which sort of evens the odss) worse in the update.
Bolter is the one thing going for it, and the sudden ability to equip a shield just flies in the face of everything leading up to it (no, that hand crossbow isn't even worth mentioning)
>>
>>386988628
Underrail is very well liked on /v/

AoD is hit and miss though - it's not a very good game really
>>
>>386996567
>AoD's depth.
nigga, AoD is like a 10 hour game (probably more like 4-5 hours after your first run) with very basic turn-based combat

what depth are you talking about exactly?
>>
Why does the thief background have so much more going for it than every other in Teron? First quest is all shit that benefits the palace infiltration.
One of the sidequests is taylored specifically to benefit thief background only.
Two other sidequests just instantly give you your money/points just for being a thief.
Second quest has a whole other sidequest in it that gives you more money and civil points.
The bandit camp mission has it's one thief-specific sidequest in it that gives you money/points and doesn't even interfere with your ability to go full-blown manipulator with it & the outpost mission.

Seriously, Thief has it so much better, it's bullshit. The only other background that has such nice little details is a merchant that sells out to the Imperial Guard, but not nearly in such a quantity.
>>
>>386978478
So wait, it's actually a roguelike?
>>
>>387001450
Not really. If you've ever played long live the queen it's like that. You have to put your points into certain skills in a certain order so you can beat the game, if you don't then you will reach a wall and just lose and have to start again.
>>
>>387000779
>very basic turn-based combat
tell that to every shitter here complaining about the combat being too hard
>>
I fucking LOVE games where my choices actually matter.
>>
>>387001067
>Need to make an arrangement to get stuff out of city
>Can just bribe guards
>Or steal Imperial Mandate
>Or forge Imperial Mandate
>Or help the commander of the palace guards get out of his gambling debts
>Or help the commander, decide to just take some cash at the last second, and go forge the mandate
>What you do affects your ability to escape without incident in the last mission
>>
>>387001067
Assassin is arguably the best class story wise and gameplay wise. You are super fucking squishy but turn into a arrow dodging god.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.