[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamestop Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: yesterday-mah-gamestop_o_963108.jpg (80KB, 525x607px) Image search: [Google]
yesterday-mah-gamestop_o_963108.jpg
80KB, 525x607px
We all have been in one of their stores. we all have at least ONE story worthy moment. I got a couple.
Disclaimer: They are nothing crazy but they are true and thought they where worth enough to remember em.
>>
>>386973196
>We all have been in one of their stores

Nope, never.
>>
I went to gamestop and bought gravity rush 2, and the qt behind the counter threw in a free GR2 poster with it
pretty good day
>>
>>386973196
A little back ground. I love stealth games. One summer i played through all the classics. Thief games, Splinter Cell ect. Get to the final Level of Splinter Cell 1 on PC. Realize i skipped Pandora Tomorrow back in the day and went straight into Chaos Theory. Ubisoft isn't selling Pandora Tomorrow on steam or Uplay or GoG. Learn that the HD remaster of Splinter cell for ps3 is a mess frame rate wise but it has Pandora Tomorrow and you can save anywhere so no check points. See that the only GameStop that's selling it is way out on the other side of town for 20$. Say fuck it, its summer and I got nothing else to do. So i get a couple bottles of water (because Arizona in the summer in the middle of Phoenix is the closest man can get to the surface of the Sun.) hop into the car and set off.

>Finally get to the GameStop.
> Two employees there.
>Both Female.
>Both cute
>Both spewing le funny video game memes and talking about how good Destiny, and the new AC looks
>Go to ps3 section
>Find HD collection
>Pleasantly surprised that it's in its original case with manual
>see a 4$ copy of watch dogs for ps4
>Kinda want a proper case for Gravity Rush since Amazon sent it in a black CD case.
>Pick it up
> Go to the cashiers
> Girl #1 is trying to sell this dad on Diablo 3 by using it's meta critic score as a selling point and nothing else.
>Girl #2 starts to ring me up. Sees a ps3 and ps4 game.
>Asks if I know the ps3 won't play ps4 games.
>tell her I do
>she looks at me
>" you know the ps4 doesn't play ps3 games right?"
>tell her I know
> She says hold on and disappears into the back with girl# 1 for 15 fucking minutes.
>comes back with the other girl to confirm that i know that ps3 won't play ps4 games and vice versa.
>tell her I have both a ps3 and 4
> Both look at me with this is a new thing to them.
> Finish ringing me up finally
>Get into car
> check receipt to make sure the gamer gurls didn't fuck up.
> Only charged me for Watch Dogs.
>>
I have never had anything weird or bad happen at Gamestop.

>go in
>Hi, welcome to GameStop!
>Hey, doing alright?
>Yes, sir, and you?
>I'm well!
>peruse the game selection
>grab a couple games and go to the counter
>Do you have a Game Stop rewards card?
>Yes. Here you go.
>Would you like to reserve Latest Paid Hype magnet ' game '?
>No, thank you.
>Okay, that'll be X dollars and X cents
>hand over cash
>take games
>Have a nice day!
>Thanks, you too!
>leave
>>
I noticed a Gamestop Plus store opened in my town in Sweden where Game used to be. Is Gamestop worse or better than Game?
>>
A little back ground. I love stealth games. One summer i played through all the classics. Thief games, Splinter Cell ect. Get to the final Level of Splinter Cell 1 on PC. Realize i skipped Pandora Tomorrow back in the day and went straight into Chaos Theory. Ubisoft isn't selling Pandora Tomorrow on steam or Uplay or GoG. Learn that the HD remaster of Splinter cell for ps3 is a mess frame rate wise but it has Pandora Tomorrow and you can save anywhere so no check points. See that the only GameStop that's selling it is way out on the other side of town for 20$. Say fuck it, its summer and I got nothing else to do. So i get a couple bottles of water (because Arizona in the summer in the middle of Phoenix is the closest man can get to the surface of the Sun.) hop into the car and set off.

> Two employees there.
>Both Female.
>Both cute
>Both spewing le funny video game memes and talking about how good Destiny, and the new AC looks
>Go to ps3 section
>Find HD collection
>Kinda want a proper case for Gravity Rush since Amazon sent it in a black CD case.
>Pick it up
> Go to the cashiers
> Girl #1 is trying to sell this dad on Diablo 3 by using it's meta critic score as a selling point and nothing else.
>tell her I do
>she looks at me
>tell her I know
> She says hold on and disappears into the back with girl# 1 for 15 fucking minutes.
>comes back with the other girl to confirm that i know that ps3 won't play ps4 games and vice versa.
>Get into car
> check receipt to make sure the gamer gurls didn't fuck up.
> Only charged me for Watch Dogs.
>>
I have never had anything weird or bad happen at Gamestop.

>go in
>Hi, welcome to GameStop!
>Hey, doing alright?
>Yes, sir, and you?
>I'm well!
>Yes. Here you go.
>No, thank you.
>hand over cash
>take games
>Have a nice day!
>Thanks, you too!
>leave

Now if I had? It would go like this.

>leave
>Goodbye, thanks for coming to GameStop!
>Hey, doing alright?
>Yes, sir, and you?
>I'm well!
>Yes. Here you go.
>No, thank you.
>hand over cash
>take games
>Have a nice day!
>Thanks, you too!
>enter gamestop
>>
>>386973196
The only stores in my city that sell video games are two small-ish Media Galaxy.
>>
>>386973358
>>386973423
dude
>>
>>386973358
that was a long and boring story
>>
>>386973196
>go to GameStop to buy a used game
>find a game I'm interested in and take it to the clerk
>he asks if I have an account with them
>I tell him yes
>he asks for my phone number so he can pull up my account
>give him the number
>get a discount for the game I was buying
>he asks if I want the 1 year warranty for the game in case if it ever gets damaged or scratched
>tell him no thanks
>he nods then hands me the game along with my receipt and tells me to have a nice day
>walk out of store to go home and play the game I bought
FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
>Friend and I walk into Gamestop
>Employee talking about FFXV to a customer
>His hands on the counter leaning in close to the customer
>"The world is massive MASSIVE!"
>Friend and I immediately turned 360 degrees and quickly walked out the store unable to contain our laughter
>>
>>386973778
Hey i'm not saying bad shit always happens at gamestop.
>>
File: 1500224772177.jpg (33KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
1500224772177.jpg
33KB, 500x472px
>>386973196
>tfw an arab gamestop employee tricked you for 10 dollars
>>
>>386973196
Pretty sure his bracelet is cutting of circulation.
>>

> Two employees there.
>Both Female.
>Both cute
>Go to ps3 section
>Find HD collection
>Pick it up
> Go to the cashiers
>tell her I do
>she looks at me
>tell her I know
>Go to car
>Open the door, get on the floor everybody walk the dinosaur
>>
>be me
>New Pokemon game was just announced
>Preorder it from FUCKING GAMESTOP
>Over several months, pay it off 5 bucks a week
>Lost track of how much I had spent on it, threw my receipts away like a retard
>Felt like I was paying more than I should, wasn't sure
>Told my grandma who lived with us about it
>She gets fucking pissed and takes me to Gamestop
>she calmly, but angrily demanded the employee to know what was going on
>he got so scared that he changed my pre order to be paid in full
>I don't even remember or know if they were actually ripping me off
>we moved out of state before the game came out

tl;dr: My grandma thought that Gamestop was ripping me off and scared them into possibly giving me a fully paid Pokemon pre order for less than 40 bucks.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.