[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the only GTA game intended for actual adults?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: GTA Bowling.jpg (601KB, 1044x1302px) Image search: [Google]
GTA Bowling.jpg
601KB, 1044x1302px
Is this the only GTA game intended for actual adults?
>>
All entries before GTAV
>>
>War is when the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other

Huhh, really gets my noggin joggin'
>>
>>386972494
V was great, fixed all the problems present with 4
>>
LA noire is GTA for adults
>>
Ummm, I'll have you know that GTA V has much better writing. That part where Jimmy knocks out the spec ops guy with his bong was hilarious lmao. Fuck this grimdark edgy shit.
>>
>>386972628
Jimmy might have been a whiny little shit, but he was pretty clever
>>
All GTA stories are for edgy tweens
Even if the story is REALLY fleshed out, it's still an average americunt dumbass B movie
Entertaining, but not really "adult"
>>
File: Ashley&Johnny-GTAV.jpg (82KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ashley&Johnny-GTAV.jpg
82KB, 640x360px
>>386972628
Why did Rockstar feel the need to shit on 4 so much in V? It's like they overreacted way too much to misguided complaints and ended up making a cartoonish, childish game devoid of any likeable or realistic characters.
>>
>>386973040
Okay, killing johnny was bullshit I'll admit. Meth, not even once.
>>
>>386972551
desu this is true but for some reason people will not accept it
>>
>>386972590
example??
>>
>>386973853
The driving for one was actually tolerable in 5
>>
>>386973040
Rockstar just likes to shit on everything. The difference is you've grown up and it's more tedious now. The games are still aimed at 13 year olds.
>>
>>386972430
>gta 4 comes out
>it's shit
>gta 5 comes out
>both 4 and 5 are shit
>gta 5 becomes stupidly popular and successful
>gta 4 is suddenly the best gta game and 5 is the worst thing ever to exist

/v/
>>
>>386973907
GTA5 driving is ridiculously good with a realistic acceleration/top speed mod. Like, it just werks. In Gta4 if you did that you'd be spending most of the time trying not to jump of the map
>>
GTA 4 had the best story in the series. It's not even close, either.
>>
>>386974050
I liked VC's more
>>
This game is better for messing around with the cops.

I remember them easily taking you out even at star 2 on V.
>>
I doubt any of the GTAs are intended for actual adults.
>>
>>386973978
when was gta 5 ever not popular and successful you retard?
>>
>>386972494
>san andreas
>for adults
Pick one
>>
>>386974212

Yeah, GTA V fucked up with police mechanics massively. I really enjoy taking a prostitute out into the middle of the desert with no one for a mile around, shooting her with a suppressed pistol, and having a cop car spawn 100 yards behind me with a 2 level wanted star.
>>
>>386974493
Not even bullshitting, animals had the ability to call cops on you. I don't know whether it's a design oversight where they accidentally gave that ability to all NPC entities or what, but there's a few mods that disables that shit. Birds, wolves, fucking cats could call the police on you faster than humans can since they bypass the cellphone animation.
>>
>>386974714
>>386974493
Rockstar are just lazy. There is no other explanation. They're lazy and don't give a fuck, they can shit on a plate and they'll still make historic bank.
>>
>>386974493
You forgot the part where escaping the police is heavily reliant on the hiding mechanic, which is near impossible in the desert.
>>
>>386974952
Escaping police is easy, just drive off the roads into the hills, mountains, or desert where the police will never look and just wait a few minutes
>>
>>386974952
>park a car next to a bush
>exit
>hide in the bush
>police are stumped
GTAV cops are so fucked.
>>
>>386975062
>wanted while up at the north end of the map
>use trainer to teleport to los santos
>the cops are still after me
BRAVO COCKSTAR
>>
>>386975467
And how is rockstar to blame when you're using a trainer?
>>
>>386972430
>GTA
>for adults
???
>>
>>386975662
The cops in 5 not only are aware of you killing a person in the middle of no where with a silenced pistol and nobody around, but they also don't have any bounds to the proximity of their search for you and just constantly respawn x amount of distance away from you until you find somewhere ridiculous to hide.
>>
>>386974835
They're not lazy when designing the base game. Never have been. Their games are full of so much detail and so much content, to say they're lazy is just objectively wrong.
>>
>>386977769
They're full of detail and yet the base mechanics that are constant through the game like the wanted system is fucking garbage. Yeah they make super detailed open worlds and add special fully animated fully interactive modes for every mission on an individual level which is cool, yeah they have lots of TECHNOLOGY moments in them, but they botched the fucking wanted system which is the single most frequent element of the game that any player gets to interact with. And they're still patching the game, YEARS after release, but they NEVER did ANYTHING to fix the wanted system.

Useless gun selection doesn't help either. By the time you get all guns each gun category has most of its guns be blatantly inferior to the top tier weapons, but you can't drop those guns, and the game always defaults into giving you the first-unlocked (shittiest) gun every time. These are the the most basic parts of the game. How did they gloss over THAT while adding fancy barely noticeable 3D grass that interacts with your footsteps all over Los Santos?

Fuck Rockstar, honestly. I maintain that they are lazy and do not give a fuck. This also shows in the multiplayer of GTAV, still plagued with problems that haven't been fixed, and they just keep releasing content packs that you either have to grind your fingers off, hack money, or buy shark cards to afford. No expansion pack like they did for GTA4. You know, the expansion packs that actually improved on all the base game's shortcomings. Rockstar isn't interested in that with GTAV.
>>
>>386974493
What, you can't escape from two fucking stars? Maybe this game isn't for you, kid.
>>
>>386972430

>Have to deal with your family and friends constantly annoying you over the phone about soing shit for them/not spending time with them
>Have to court women and deal with all that bullshit
>Have to watch friendships end between mutual friends and get stuck in the middle

It's pretty adult alright.
>>
>>386972551
Wow what a thoughtful quote truly only mature intellectual adults such as me and OP can appreciate something thought provoking like that, unlike the other GTA games intended for children.
>>
>>386973907
attain proficiency
>>
>>386972430
No, it's for little children who like to pretend they're deep and mature.
>>
>>386972628
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsyW2MzrWWY
>>
>>386974475
If you have a sense of humour, that is
>>
>>386973907
If you like driving RC cars, sure.
>>
>>386978909
Retard.
>>
>>386974010
GTA4 driving actually had a decent physics engine and a learning curve that was rewarding when you got good at it. 5 was just cartoonishly responsive, like playing mario cart.
>>
>>386978705
>No expansion pack like they did for GTA4. You know, the expansion packs that actually improved on all the base game's shortcomings. Rockstar isn't interested in that with GTAV.
To be fair I'd rather have them focus all resources on GTA6 from the start rather than faff around with expansion packs for the previous iteration.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.