[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insider info

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

File: FF7-Remake-Multi-Part.jpg (59KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
FF7-Remake-Multi-Part.jpg
59KB, 600x338px
First thing's first; I don't care if you don't believe me. My information comes from a very credible source who has worked for SE for a number of years after securing an apprenticeship and subsequently being offered a permanent role (been there for circa 10 years, having operated primarily out of the Wimbledon offices before moving into their central London location).

I'm not willing to disclose what his area of expertise is or what titles he has worked on previously, as I'd not want to risk doxxing him.

FF7R is basically not going to happen, according to what he's told me. This isn't secret information internally either, it's fairly common knowledge. Not only are they lacking in the manpower to complete the project, internally there have been significant conflicting opinions about the way it should be worked and as it stands the project is on a standstill, and has been for over a year.

The episodic nature of the release was meant to alleviate financial issues in getting the project done properly and was apparently agreed by all parties it was the best way to market, however in the actual scheme of things it's created a number of issues - most notably that to produce the continuation of your character in the next episodes is technically very challenging.

The general consensus is that it isn't coming out. SE are hoping that if they can produce other fantastic titles in the meantime then it'll take the edge off the news of them having to pull the plug; which is what all resources are being funnelled into now.

Personally I'm disappointed, but I'd rather the legacy wasn't destroyed by a broken remake.
>>
>>386970883
They should have partnered with Nintendo to produce a more faithful adaptation of the original game for the DS hardware, that would have absolutely printed money for them.

FF7 in particular is basically an anime video game with incredibly accessible pseudo turn based combat. Wasting a shit ton of money chasing after realistic visuals and real time gameplay was never going to produce good results. They could have thrown together something that looks like the much less expensive to produce 'Tales of' series and had it out years ago.
>>
My dad works for SE and he says ur a fag
>>
>>386970883
Fuck off.
>>
>>386970883
>First thing's first; I don't care if you don't believe me. My information comes from MY ASS
oh, ok
>>
>>386971292
Your dad wouldn't know me, if you bothered to read you'd see that I do not work for them.
>>
>>386971340
>>386971358
Okay no worries guys, let me link you directly to my friends LinkedIn profile should I?

Time will show that I was right and when that time comes I hope you remember this thread.
>>
File: Tetsuya-nomura.jpg (177KB, 400x495px) Image search: [Google]
Tetsuya-nomura.jpg
177KB, 400x495px
This is Tetsuya Nomura speaking. First thing's first; I don't care if you don't believe me. My information comes from a very credible source: myself. The OP of this thread is talking out of his ass, and FF7R is well into development.
>>
>>386971529
See>>386971473

Well into development?

They've released a handful of screenshots in over 2 years after already saying it was well into development. Not all character designs have even been agreed upon lol
>>
>>386971776
Learn to take a joke. Why do "leakers" always come to /v/ and they're always the biggest retards
>>
>>386971869
This is possibly the first time I've been on here in about a year, certainly the first time in 2017.

I'm sharing information, I'm not used to getting berated for doing something helpful.
>>
>>386972020
Well, you've done your job. No need to stay
>>
Incidentally dude if you see this thread, albeit I appreciate you don't come on here, my bad, accept I shouldn't have done it MM
>>
>>386972098
I was interested in the response, given that the original announcement was the biggest news in gaming history, I was interested to see the feedback to this news.
>>
give us some more info. how do we know your not fucking around like the rest of us in here?
>>
>inb4 xv-kun shares it on twitter
>>
So u are saying square lacks the skill to save a characters values and then load them. LIKE IT LITERALLY DOES EVERYTIME YOU TURN THE GAME OFF AND ON?
>>
>>386970883
That doesn't sound unrealistic
I could see this being the case

Although they did struggle through FF15 V13
This should be a piece of cake compared to that
>>
i'm not surprised if this really did happen, it's just like versus13 all over again
>>
>>386972826
What more info really could I tell you? I could get a description of the offices inside if that's of any use.

My friend doesn't know I'm posting this either and will probably blow a gasket if he found out. He tells me a lot of stuff around what's going on but it's basically all basic stuff that's pasted online anyway and made public.

I asked him many times about a remaster of 8 and he said it'll never happen because the demand isn't there....can't really think of much else.

I know when he goes to other locations in the world they fly him first class....

They give out sick Christmas bonuses.....

Nothing really to help support this info though
>>
>>386973043
I think it's the difficulty around having your developed character progress into a completely new game.

He said balancing the enemies based on an unknown stat base is near impossible and they'd also have to have a cloud based server for your character files which is just another huge expense.

The main thing that he reiterated is that it's no more than a prototype and because of the major issues in even getting the plan together, the likelihood of the game ever being released is slim to none. They haven't even done all character models which would be very early stages in development normally - he's a character designer, said I wouldn't make his area of expertise known but he's one of a huge team.
>>
File: 1500140517783.jpg (109KB, 311x378px) Image search: [Google]
1500140517783.jpg
109KB, 311x378px
I doubt Square would have the balls to cancel this especially because it was announced at Sony's E3 and everyone lost their shit over it. I'm 100% sure this is going through dev hell though, creating FFVII in HD is by no means an easy task.
>>
>>386973130
That's true but given the amount of hype around FF7R it's really too big a thing to mess with. It makes sense to me because one of the main reasons behind them not wanting to do it, and this was what was released in the public, was they could ruin the franchise if they didn't get it done right.

It would appear they've made the decision to just step away from it and try and ride the storm.
>>
File: IMG_1418.jpg (67KB, 1024x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1418.jpg
67KB, 1024x697px
>>386970883
>I don't care if you believe me
>so let me just make all of these posts here to convince you to believe me
>>
>>386970883
thread hidden, fuck off
>>
File: ff7dlc.jpg (222KB, 750x721px) Image search: [Google]
ff7dlc.jpg
222KB, 750x721px
>>386970883
>most notably that to produce the continuation of your character in the next episodes is technically very challenging.

kek, so hard transferring items and character stats.

My mum sleeps with nomura on and off, and he told her the game will have paid dlc for party members that not barret,tifa and aerith.

Barret background will be dropped and replaced with his wife running off with a white man while he has to stay and take care of the kid, even going as far as working as a slave, after cucking his owners wife 2 hard they ended up chopping his arm.

They also changed the reason for why he started the group in the first place, basically he thinks destroying the power plants will send all the whiggas back to the stone age.
>>
>>386973991
>I'm 100% sure this is going through dev hell though
They just let go of CC2 a few months ago and said it was a "sensitive topic" so yeah, that's very likely.
>>
>>386973501
info on the industry?????
>>
>most notably that to produce the continuation of your character in the next episodes is technically very challenging.

CC2 has done that 2 times already, 15 years ago, with 2 games
SE has no excuse
>>
>>386974551
Yep, that news really screamed dev hell, especially considering how shitty SE's management is, this whole thing must be a mess honestly
>>
File: always rember happy time.jpg (91KB, 938x512px) Image search: [Google]
always rember happy time.jpg
91KB, 938x512px
>>386970883
>The general consensus is that it isn't coming out.
>>
>>386973501
i believe you are Insider honestly i don't care about FF7RE anymore do you have any info about any another new FF they work on right now?
>>
>Largest video game ever made
>Creating everything from scratch because it was all prerendered

People will be forced to admit Square Enix is the best game company of all time when they pull this off
They'll need to create a new S tier for game production values
>>
>>386972193
>I was interested in the response
>I was interested to see the feedback to this news.

>>386970883
>First thing's first; I don't care if you don't believe me.

So you're just spewing bullshit. Maybe SE will drop the game but obviously you have no clue.
>>
>>386974456
>My mum sleeps with nomura on and off

Dude, are you sure your mum isn't a very effeminate man?
>>
>>386974553
I don't work for the company, my friend does.

I'm a huge FF fan so constantly mither him for information. He told me this yesterday.

I don't work in the industry and never have, my technical knowledge is limited to listening to him drone on about it, which basically I don't even want to hear because it ruins the magic of the game eg. hearing how the combat system is made up essentially of formulas and equations that are calculated and predetermined as the fight starts destroys any element of fun for me.

He told me about the 9 iOS release before it happened, that's the only other info I've been privy to aside from this.

Also, in fairness, what he has said is purely speculation. It's not a fact just hugely unlikely to be released, he doesn't even work on the project.
>>
>>386975054
So we're moving more and more away from the OP, as always
>>
>>386975154
I haven't changed anything, aside from post what my friend does which I said he wouldn't.

The info is the same, there are significant internal issues regarding the game and it's been stagnant for over a year, the character models aren't even all designed and they see no way forward.

That's not to say they won't ever sort it, it may just be another FF VERSUS 13 situation but based on my friends information and own perspective on it, it's looking more and more likely they're gonna drop the entire project.

He said zero work is being done on it and work is being ramped up hugely on all other areas and titles.
>>
OP's friend here, OP is a faggot and shouldn't be trusted.
>>
>>386975358
So Square saying that some aspects of 7R are further along than KH3 is a lie?
>>
>>386975462
I know for a fact you aren't my friend based on your post ; )

I'm gay and so is my friend.....
>>
>>386970883
Nomura said literally last month that in some areas VII R is even farther in development than KHIII

There's also have been confirmation that they finalized the combat system and the development moved in-house.

You're just a fag who seeks (you)s
>>
>>386975805
Congratulations, you gave him one, and bumped the thread back up to page 2. Aren't you a darling?
>>
OP here.

Became conscious some absolute fucking nut case may kill themselves over this "info" so the truth is I made the whole thing up, albeit I don't believe it'll ever be released.

I did quite a good job of lying :^)
>>
File: michael.gif (1MB, 250x144px) Image search: [Google]
michael.gif
1MB, 250x144px
>>386970883
>credible source who has worked for SE for a number of years after securing an apprenticeship and subsequently being offered a permanent role (been there for circa 10 years, having operated primarily out of the Wimbledon offices before moving into their central London location)

>I'd not want to risk doxxing him
>>
>>386970883
my dad works for nintendo and he said you're full of shit
>>
>people keep bumping the thread with hur dur nuh uh
>>
FFS, I bet someone on the internet would do a better job.

Those niggers hold those IP so hard they'll eventually choke and die.

Fucking square.
>>
Bumping :^)
>>
>>386972020
>I'm full of shit why won't you guys believe me!

Trying way to hard.
>>
Considering how retarded Square has been lately, it wouldn't be out of character.
>>
>>386974082
>Releasing a subpar game would somehow be an immensely more difficult problem to ride out than the backlash of cancelling it all together
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>386970883
i don't understand. why are you making up random shit and trying to pass it off as a legit rumor...on 4chan no less?

i know, that you know, that i know what you posted is complete nonsense.

but why?
>>
File: 1465063329282-1.png (77KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
1465063329282-1.png
77KB, 500x327px
>>386970883
Meh. its not like the original game will cease to exist.
>>
>>386980370
i want to know why you're responding to a 2 hour post that was on its way to page 10
>>
>>386970883
I actually totally believe you.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a titanic task that I don't see anybody being able to pull off. It's too huge for modern production values.
>>
>>386970883
The development isn't even going on at SE for the most part, it's being split between one of SE's peripheral studios and CC2, the fellows behind .hack and the Naruto games.
>>
>>386970883
>SE are hoping that if they can produce other fantastic titles in the meantime

Like what? They have Kingdom Hearts 3 and Dragon Quest XI.

DQ was already hit according to the fans but do they have anything else up their sleeves?
>>
>>386980370
Look man, he's already proven it's real. Stop being such a negative ninny.

If you don't like it go back to reading Lord of the rings books with your boyfriend haha
>>
>>386980863
Your a lier so why dont u fuck off
>>
>>386980980
I'm not a leaker dumbass, this is public knowledge, the development was only picked up by SE this year.
>>
>>386970883
You already told us that:

>He's a man.
>Was just promoted.
>Has been there for 10 years.
>Just moved to London HQ.

Nice covering for you "friend", I am sure it'll be so hard for SE to track "him".
>>
>>386980863
They actually removed CC2 from the project a little while ago.
>>
>>386980863
They toke it from CC2 cause they weren't doing a good job and now SE first team is working on it.

Its possibly delayed by 2 years from all that fuckery.
>>
>>386981080
Piss off u dingus makin up fake info to try to get popular new fag
>>
>>386981080
Lieing pos
>>
>>386981451
>>386981358
I know I'm getting baited, but I feel like non-shitposters would appreciate this.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-30-final-fantasy-7-remake-development-moved-in-house-at-square-enix
Like the other Anons said, CC2 was only just taken off the project, which I found out right now.
>>
>>386974908
Considering i was fucking 15 when FFXV was announced as VersusXIII, when FFVIIR comes out, the one who will play it will be my 10 yo son

Seriously fuck Squenix and nomura specially
Faggot always bites more than he can chew
>>
>>386971473
Alright show us the LinkedIn and proof that you're friends
>>
>>386982342
He didn't even know he was the director until they showed it and it wasn't his decision to make it or give it to CC2 first either. I don't like Nomura that much either, but people always love to just push shit on one person. Same with V13, sure he is part of the problem, but the management at Square is the way bigger problem. New engines all the time, engine switches, team switches, teams helping out each other, announcing games years too early when they literally just have CG trailers isntead of 2-3 years into development like most devs
And for some reason that's only really a problem with FF games except for some exceptions here and there
>>
>>386970883
Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised if this was true. Ever since the SE merger, there's always been some type of development issue and/or baffling decision done with their mainline games.
>>
>>386982886
i hear some rumor that Square trying to bring nomura back to do something with FFXV again, how much this can be true?
>>
>>386982342
this anon is spot on, just look at KH3...
>>
>>386982886
>And for some reason that's only really a problem with FF games
With Dragon Quest they know exactly what its audience wants from the series so they've got a clear-cut formula. FF has been constantly changing things up since its first sequel.
>>
>>386984693
0%. XV is basicly just a playground for Tabatas dev team at this point to get used to the engine that will only be used by that one team
>>
>>386984879
Another game that had to switch engines, but this time after 1 1/2 years, Nomura even said it was an upper management decision.
Square should just stick to DQ or let FF and KH take a break for a few years.
>>
File: IMG_1503.gif (193KB, 364x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1503.gif
193KB, 364x250px
>>386982396
OP, you have no proof do you
>>
if FF7RE did't happening conld this mean they will move on to FF16 soon? or they gonna stuck with FF15 for another 10 year?
>>
>>386970883
>FF7R is basically not going to happen
Absolute bullshit. There is no way Square, or any business, would pass on so many guaranteed shekels. It doesn't matter if it's complete shit, an FFVII remake will print money.
>>
>>386971148
Ffs just spruce up the pre-rendered scenery (but as with REmake keep it pre-rendered but with some cool realtime effects).

Same combat engine just with improved character models.

Redone, improved cut-scenes.

Just make the game with updated visuals and audio, don't try to re-invent the fucking wheel.
>>
>>386970883
Why is it so hard to remake, when half of the job is already finished? Just slap FF13 combat with character switching, rearrange music tracks and all that is left is graphics and voice acting.
>>
>>386970883
>FF7R is basically not going to happen
Yeah, right. My fucking ass-
>Director: Tetsuya Nomura
...Well, shit.
>>
>>386970883
Good
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.