[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Kirby?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

What does /v/ think of Kirby?
>>
File: 1496709913990.jpg (2MB, 2048x4608px) Image search: [Google]
1496709913990.jpg
2MB, 2048x4608px
>>386970331
He is the cutest
>>
>Overrated beyond belief
>Piss easy gameplay; only remotely challenging gameplay forces you to slog through the game on normal """difficulty""" to unlock the harder one (True Arena)
>No significant character development or character interaction
>Throwaway villains each game that might get lucky enough to have a cameo or two and nothing else
>Fanbase eats up every game like it's the second coming of christ and heaven forbid you dare criticize any of their precious games
>>
>>386970331
Best comfy platformer.
Also if you ever want to play games with a girl, Kirby is good starting point.
>>
>>386970331
Has a great lineup of games, can be challenging at times, and has a cast of characters that are pretty likeable, especially the villain/hero, Dedede.
>>
>>386972218
>Trying this hard
Just enjoy some relaxing games
>>
>>386970331
kirby to me is like the mcdonalds of video games
it's never gonna blow you away or have an engaging storyline, but you know when you get a kirby game that it's going to be fun
they have a consistent quality that i think is really rare when it comes to video games and i honestly can't think of a bad kirby game
>>
>>386973167
Thanks for proving my fucking point that Kirby fans can't handle people saying anything negative about their games, you blithering retard. And none of that was ironic. Those are my actual feelings for the games since I started playing them again a few years ago,
>>
File: 1472252025054.png (251KB, 600x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1472252025054.png
251KB, 600x1033px
>>386970331
>>
>>386973417
Why are you getting mad at games that are not ment for you or deliver a different experience that you want.
Yeah there are bad Kirby games, Kirby 3 is slow as fuck, same goes for 64. And the newer ones lack some innovation, I'm there with you.
But saying they are shit because they are easy is just stupid.
>>
>>386972218
>Overrated beyond belief
I can feel ya here. Kirby games tend to be put on a pedestal more than they should. They're not perfect by any means.
>Piss easy gameplay; only remotely challenging gameplay forces you to slog through the game on normal """difficulty""" to unlock the harder one (True Arena)
Kirby games are meant for children. It's understandable. Stuff like True Arena is just the bone we're thrown for a challenge.
>No significant character development or character interaction
This stuff might not function well in the context of Kirby's world, a world that's very much show, don't tell. Recent games have tried something like this but through subtlety, lore, and background activity rather than outward dialogue.
>Throwaway villains each game that might get lucky enough to have a cameo or two and nothing else
Yeah this is pretty gay honestly, especially since I like most of the villains they churn out. I was ecstatic to see Dark Matter in Robobot.
>Fanbase eats up every game like it's the second coming of christ and heaven forbid you dare criticize any of their precious games
I want to say this is somewhat of an exaggeration but it's because Kirby games are so widely perceived as 9/10s at the least that the defense force may come across as aggressive.

I live Kirby games and think that, for what they are, are consistently fun and enjoyable. Looking at it one way, Kirby games are designed to deliver a certain experience to a certain audience, and they accomplish pretty damn well. That doesn't mean it's perfect, it just means it might not really be your cup of tea.
>>
>>386970331
The best of the series is solid and enjoyable (Super Star Ultra) but the worst wears out it's welcome rather quickly (Dreamland 3) I'm not counting spin offs btw

>>386974331
Yeah pretty much sums it up
>>
>>386970331

They're cute games and Kirby 64 really is a good game. I just can't stand the rest. It's really slow and easy. I don't care if they're "comfy" or "relaxing" or whatever. There's nothing to really sink your teeth into like there is with other platformers.

The fanbase is annoying, but not as bad as Zelda's, Sonic's, whatever. I mean, god forbid you hold any opinion on Kirby that's even slightly negative. By no means are they bad games, I just feel there isn't a lot of depth. Not that there really should be anyway, since Sakurai designed it to be for kids. That's fine, but it really shows.
>>
>>386972959
>can be challenging at times
Uhh, where?
Kirby Fighters Deluxe is honestly the only Kirby game I could accept being described as "challenging"
>>
>>386974960
Mass Attack, getting perfects on the gauntlets for DL2/DL3/K64, Dreamland 1's extra mode, Dream Course. It can get difficult when it does.
>>
>>386970331
good music
>>
>>386975202
>mass attack
>hard
it's only hard if you're too retarded to learn the new and simple mechanics of the spinoff
>perfects on the gauntlets
>self-imposed challenge
yes, i can play kirby with my eyes closed it doesn't make the games hard.
>DL1 extra mode
It's only slightly harder than the base game, which isn't hard at all.

>dream course
I'll accept this.
>>
>>386970331
Wow, why is Rick such a borb?
>>
>>386975702
Doing a no damage run in order to 100% the game is pretty difficult on Mass Attack. Especially on some stages like the tower or the mini-bosses stages. And getting a perfect on those gauntlet is pretty essential to get 100% on those old games as well, unless I remembered incorrectly.
>>
>>386970331
i haven't bought his past 4 or so games, but he'll always have a special place in my heart, i played the absolute fuck out of everything he had when i was a kid. amazing mirror still holds up as a top tier gba title.

sadly his stuff just isn't that hard anymore, i need at least a little challenge
>>
>>386975202
mass attack wasn't hard compared to other kirby games at all. had some of my favorite minigames tho
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.