[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most underrated game of the year? I can't stop playing it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (184KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
184KB, 381x381px
Most underrated game of the year?

I can't stop playing it.
>>
>>386966809
It's a great game but /v/ spergs have ensured it's banned from actual discussion via shitposting. You're better off enjoying it by yourself.
>>
Pretty good, I don't regret backing it. Core gameplay and abilities could be more interesting though.
>>
>>386966809

Nowhere near as underrated.

If you actually wanna know a genuinely overlooked title, play Detention.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/555220/Detention/
>>
>>386966809
Third most overrated. It's good, it's not that good. Everyone comparing it to Super Metroid is retarded.
>>
>>386967463
>mostunintelligentpostofalltime.jpg
>>
>>386966809
I loved it but there's not too much repeatability. I mean I got 60 or so hours out of it but once you do your speedrun (if you care) there's nothing else to do
>>
>>386966809
>underrated
>92% positive reviews on steam
LIAR
>>
>>386967463
True, cause it's better than Super Metroid.
>>
>>386966809
Backtracking was a chore, compared to Ori and the final boss was a little dissapointment after beating trial of fools. Pretty good game overall, 8.5/10. I hope Ori sequel will be as good as this game.
>>
>>386966809
>need to cheese out dream bosses with shitty overpowered charms to tank and hit because they're op without using them
>need to find out on youtube how to do some shit like how to fully upgrade the nail or how to obtain this charm
is this the dark souls of metroidvanias?
>>
>>386966809
I would play it but it doesn't recognize my Xbox controller
>>
>>386966809
Underrated? Probably not. I think it's seen in a light that it deserves. It's a ton of fun until you get into the backtracking and (if you care) finding everything.
The final boss and true ending boss are somewhat disappointing as well.
>>
I have to kill the Dreamers, but I don't know how to proceed in Crystal Peak and Fog Valley or w/e they are called. I can't make a long jump across a chasm in the Crystal mines, and there's a stream of dark shit blocking my path in Mist/Fog place. I don't know how to get past these obstacles, and I've explored a good bit!

Can someone point me in the right direction? I killed some optional bosses in search of a solution, but nothing has come to me yet...
>>
It's highly overrated. Overall, it's a mediocre metroidvania
>>
I have 15 hours or so in and I killed the first of the three mask. It's nice but I'm tired of backtracking so I'll probably stop
>>
>>386970738
>complains about backtracking in a Metroidvania
Stop buying games in the genre, hell this game has more fast travel shortcuts than the average Metroidvania as is.
>>
>Underrated
What? People won't stop praising it
>>
>>386970985

>buy

It got shilled so hard in here I wanted to try it. It's probably my first game in this genre, so I might listen to your advice and stop it.

I still can say without knowing the gnere that how they handled the map is stupid
>>
>>386966809
It's certainly the most shilled game of the year.

Except for maybe PUBG.
>>
>>386966809
it's a fun game, but it's certainly NOT underrated.
>>
>>386971404
All Metroidvanias tend to have backtracking, this one has some of the least because fast travel.
>how they handled the map is stupid
I didn't have a problem with it since I thought it made sense that you had to visit areas to get them mapped, there were plenty of benches in the game.
My only issue with it was because of my bad memory so I would compulsively check it often.
>>
>>386970509
If you have the wall jump, you should be able to get an ability in Crystal Peak that lets you cross huge chasms. Just keep exploring anon.
>>
>>386966809
If anything it is overrated, Hollow Knight is that game that starts to show its problems the longer you play it
>>
>>386971817
Ok, thank you!
>>
>>386970509
The ability that lets you cross chasms is in Crystal Peak, keep exploring the area and you will eventually find it, you need the dash upgrade to cross those black barriers, you can find it in the Ancient Cistern after you defeat Hornet for the second time
>>
>>386971546
It's not really being intensely shilled unless you consider blatant falseflagging to be shilling.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.