[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARE YOU READY KIDS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: Desktop-08.09.2017-10.46.40.06.png (215KB, 755x425px) Image search: [Google]
Desktop-08.09.2017-10.46.40.06.png
215KB, 755x425px
ARE YOU READY KIDS?
>>
>>386965689
dead ass, captain
>>
I CAN'T HEAR YOU
>>
So it's specifically a DOTA card game? So much for giving a shit. I've never played DOTA so there's no point in caring about a spin-off of it.
>>
>>386965852
>caring about the graphics of a card game instead of gameplay
>tfw its still the last month of summer
>>
These card games aren't even fun. All of them follow the exact same rules...

Sending player always gets a huge advantage and almost always wins since they get a huge bonus for being second.

There is always a meta-deck that the devs refuse to acknowledge.

There are cards you can buy that are way better than what's in the free version.

Cards are horribly unbalanced.

Etc.
>>
>>386965689
I'm actually looking forward to that, might be a fresh breath into card game genre, it might even kill HS.
>>
>>386966068

The thing is, it's just going to be another not-as-good-as-MTG card game, and the one aspect of it which will be different is the DOTA theme which doesn't interest me.
>>
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA
>>
>>386966075
Second player*
Fucking auto correct
>Inb4 mobile poster
>>
>>386966142
DOTA
CARD
GAME
>>
Fuck Hearthstone for making this shit fashionable. CCG as a videogame is the most jewish fucking thing ever. At least when you sink your money into IRL MTG cards you get to keep these carton rectangles as a reminder of your stupidity, and some people actually trade that shit for profits.
>>
>>386965689
hearthstone/gwent/shadowverse/ESL/duelyst/Farie killer
>>
>>386966126
>another not-as-good-as-MTG card game
This basically. I don't understand why those thing are popular besides the fact they're usually F2P so designed for poorfags.
>>
>>386966557
if you think MTG is the pinnacle of card games you are a filthy casual.
>>
>>386965689
>D I G I T A L card games

Fucking WHY

Who the fuck bothers with this digital shit? How can you fucking stand """"""""owning""""""""" fake cards on some computer screen when you can have physical cards you can touch and play with and build decks with in the real world?

fuck off with this digital shit
>>
>>386966634
Please name a better game which actually have a scene large enough so I can find people to play with pretty much everywhere?

Nobody gives a fuck if a game no one plays is better.
>>
>>386966634

The only thing better are card games that don't actually play like TCGs, and may take advantage of being in video game format.
Which is almost none of them because GOTTA MAKE THE MONEY
>>
>>386966776
what if i told you there are games that don't jew you into buying boosters and you can just buy the game and play with anyone willing.
>>
>>386966960
Again I don't give a fuck if there's no SCENE around me.

The point of a card game is to be played with people around you. If no one plays, you may as well do something else instead.

That's why I wouldn't give a fuck about the million TCGs Japan has because I don't live there and 99% of them aren't played outside their island.

I can play MTG in my middle-sized city in the UK, I can play with work colleagues, I can play in London, Paris, Tokyo or LA. Wherever I travel I can play with others, discuss about the game and so forth. I guess that may be a concept too hard to understand for people never living their house.
>>
As long as it's not just like Hearthstone or Shadowverse
>>
>>386966712
As if your pieces of paper have any intrinsic value other than the words printed on it
>>
>>386966960
fucking name them you autist, he already called you out
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4jPtrDCLo
>>
I like card games and I like Dota. Never likes most of the """digital card games""" like Hearth stone becayse they do so little to separate themselves from MTG or something else already done and they jew you so hard for non physical cards which sucks arse. However this game sounds like it has some kind of original gameplay involving all the rules of dota including creeps, currency, buying artefacts etc, almost sounds a little like the Pokemon and MTG TCGs but actually separating itself.

It sounds fun
>>
>>386965689
I'm actually a bit hyped up. I like concept of card games, but i'm not a fan of Warcraft universe, so HS does nothing for me. But i did played dota a lot. I did dropped it but i still like characters, so i wouldn't mid to play artifact.

But my dream card game is triple triad based from Final Fantasy.
There is a good card minigame in FFXIV, but not much players play it and it lacks polish of stand alone game like 3d models on cards with voice over.
>>
>>386967703
Also I really love the Dota lore so I'm excited to read more flavour texts and stuff, and see them expand it. Would be really cool.
>>
>>386966075
yeah anon, the millions of players that log into Hearthstone all day aren't having fun at all
>>
>>386965689
Is it free. I only play it if it free.
>>
>>386967839
>I'm not a fan of the Warcraft universe
>But I like DOTA's
uhh
>>
>>386968142
I mean dota 2. They have separate lore and characters form wc3 dota.
>>
>>386966068
>randomly interjects graphics into another person's post so he can complain about muh summerfags
Trying too hard
>>
>>386966126
>mtglike

the only thing that is similar is that they use cards. This isn't going to be a standard card game like hearthstone.

and its going to be good and succeed just like all of the other card games that are making shit tons of money.

deal with it
>>
File: 1497823374425.png (295KB, 355x483px) Image search: [Google]
1497823374425.png
295KB, 355x483px
>>386968020
They aren't. I was one of them for a long time. I'm not that other poster though.
>>
>>386968996
>implying Hearthstone and its clones are any good.

Fuck you.
>>
>>386968020
It's not fun though, they only think they're having fun.
See, in the beginning, maybe they were fun because nobody knew all about the meta of it, but after a few weeks the meta ruins it so they just build meta decks to reck those who don't have a meta deck and if they encounter another meta deck, whoever goes second always wins.
Besides, it's not even true RNG. Obviously the better cards have a lower chance to be drawn, which isn't fun since the RNG is artificial there isn't even randomness.
>>
>>386967839
Gwent is decent
>>
>>386965689
No one wants this game, shill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5mY8XqrHU
>>
>>386969562
>implying your opinion matters to my superior opinion
fug u
>>
File: Big Smoke.png (72KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
Big Smoke.png
72KB, 230x230px
>>386969254
Why are Smoke cosplayers so good for reaction images?
>>
>>386969859
I'm not op and I want this game

check mate
>>
File: zij17vkziyez.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zij17vkziyez.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
Also this popped up, not too sure how legit this is.
>>
>>386969960
There should be a reason. Why?
>>
>>386970123
because I like dota and I like card games

this shit is going to be so cash
>>
>>386970060
So they're just going to reuse assets from Dota 2?
>>
>>386969960
Why the fuck would you want another watered down tcg with little no interactivity and purposly restrictive approaches to complexity strategy?

I've played tcgs all my life and Hearthstone and it's clones are so fucking simple and straightforward its fucking insulting, why would you want more half assed games like that?
>>
>>386970289
because their fun as fuck

its just that simple
>>
>>386970123
Not him but it's seems to be kinda like Yomi/That other Sirlin game where it's going to be the game in a card format, so it's not going to just be the HS format of autoramping mana/Only Sorcery Speed games.
>>
>>386970175
>>386970375
>I will pretend to like something everyone don't like. I am so original and unique!
>>
>>386970237
>a DOTA 2 card game
>reusing DOTA 2 assets
whoa... how could they do it...
>>
>>386970587
I'm not the one who's judging a game from literally a trailer that doesn't even show gameplay. I'm just optimistic because from what the Casters said it's not a HS-Clone.
>>
>>386970587
nice bait my man and it wouldve worked too but you made one fatal mistake. Everyone actually likes card games. Maybe next time kiddo.
>>
>>386970060
>taking a picture of your screen of a fake image someone on reddit posted on 4chan
>>
>>386970737
>Everyone actually likes card games.
>90% dislikes
Sure, son.
>>
Big news guys, if you don't like a game you can ignore that it exists.
People for some reason assume every game ever made has to cater to them, and that's why they're mad.
They're mad because in their own mind they thought it would be something else that nobody promised to them.
The hate for this game is pure entitlement, nothing else.
>>
File: r0mfb2n.gif (354KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
r0mfb2n.gif
354KB, 400x236px
>yfw it's a 5v5 deckbuilding ccg inspired on Ascension and Star Realms
>you get all basic cards for free and only has to pay to acquire full expansions
>>
>>386971461
>A company making a shitty cash grab game doesn't effect their ability to work on other games that aren't shit at the same time.
>Companies making shitty cash grab games isn't harmful to the industry.
>Valve needs more micro-transaction money before they can make a decent game.
>Just ignore it, lol.
>>
File: fag enabler.jpg (39KB, 252x244px) Image search: [Google]
fag enabler.jpg
39KB, 252x244px
>>386965689
>not a dota fighting game
ye blew it
>>
>>386971845
>shitty cash grab game

What makes you think it's going to be a cash grab and a shitty one at that?
>>
>>386972136
I'm sure p2w card games is where most people look for artistic expression and innovative ideas
>>
>>386972674
>p2w

We have no information about the payment model and dota 2 is the perfect example for f2p done right, again you're just assuming things which you have no clue about.
>>
>>386972136
It's a card game in the same vein as hearthstone and a plethora of imitators. That implies a lot of things. First, the company won't have to use a lot of resources to make it. They can reuse assets and take concepts from other card games to hash together their own. Secondly, the game will likely be F2P and have a model that requires people to spend ungodly amounts of time grinding for shit or pay out the ass to get all the cards. That type of model will likely also encourage people to make decks that win games as quickly as possible and reliably as possible. The end result will be a meta where a set few meta decks can actually compete. Most of which end up being aggro or anti-aggro. Most games will be won or lost based entirely on what deck you are put up against and non-meta decks will have no chance. Or even if that shit doesn't happen, there will still be a set number of meta decks that actually work and all other decks will be at a disadvantage. Online card games are made total shit by the presence of meta and the incentives developers offer for winning as often and as quickly as possible.
>>386972852
If it's not pay to win it will make less money through micro-transactions. So it will be pay to win. It's really that simple. I seriously hope you aren't one of those people who praises Valve for caring about the community when they are video game company just like any other out to make as much money as possible regardless of how the community is effected.
>>
File: ZmD4AoA.gif (973KB, 310x233px) Image search: [Google]
ZmD4AoA.gif
973KB, 310x233px
>>386972096
...should we tell him?
>>
>>386972852
Oh come on don't be a moron it's blatantly obvious it's going to be another pay2win game just like the rest of the digital CCG's on the market.

>>386972136
We're not complaining about the game being shit, far from it. But Valve focusing on some stupid obvious cash grabbing card game. They could have spent their resources on a true Valve sequel but no, they want fucking moolah.
>>
>>386972852
>CCG
>f2p
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well you will be technically allowed to play for free, with basic decks, getting your boipussy demolished by netdecks
>>
>>386972852
Ignoring other factors, this a TCG/CCG. If they somehow only charge money for shit like card back/'sleeves', game boards and other cosmetic shit, it will be the first card game that isn't pay to win. The entire design of these games is being P2W.
>>
>>386973826
Buying booster packs or any card games like yugioh or magic are all pay to win. You're gambling your own money to get super powerful cards.
>>
>>386974024
>Buying booster packs
That's exactly why digital card games are such horseshit; in real life tcg's you can just buy the singles you need to build your deck.

But oops, that's not what REAL card games is about huh goy? You gotta buy, buy, buy those packs and MAYBE you will get what you need :^))))))))))
>>
>>386965689
Gaben is going full-force for the underaged gambling audience, eh?
>>
>>386970635

I mean you'd think they'd put effort into it and draw some stylized new art to make the cards look interesting
>>
>>386965724
>>386966126
>the one aspect of it which will be different is the DOTA them
wrong
>>
>>386974181
mtg is far more jewish than hearthstone though
have fun buying your playsets of 50 dollar staples if you want to be competitive
>>
>>386965689
Ay ay dick-in-ton!
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.