[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grimoire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Spaceman.png (1MB, 1018x572px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceman.png
1MB, 1018x572px
Didn't see a thread so how's everyone's progress going lads?
>>
>>386961721
Going to try and make some major progress today, probably won't be popping in the thread very often.
>>
I just started and don't understand anything about anything on this game. I picked the "default" party and am trying to figure the game mechanics.

Is there no wiki, guide or anything?
>>
File: 1500914507479.png (134KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1500914507479.png
134KB, 666x666px
>Cleve fucks up everyone's saves
>Comes up with a cockamamie excuse about people embedding a virus into the game somehow
>"""Crackerjack""" coder having trouble with babby-tier programming shit

rly makes u think
>>
>>386961721
>That op tier furry in top right corner
NNNNNNGGGGHHHHH
>>
File: 1496599042352.jpg (313KB, 612x716px) Image search: [Google]
1496599042352.jpg
313KB, 612x716px
>>386961721
Does it really have 600,000 hours of pure, unadulterated content?
>>
File: 1502078940443.jpg (146KB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502078940443.jpg
146KB, 718x960px
>>386962161
http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/guides/
also read this thread http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grimoire-gameplay-and-hints-thread.117575/
>>
>>386962990
was meant for >>386962527
>>
>>386962560
thats the reason I created a female in my party
>>
I don't think this game runs on my PC well, so just to see if it does, anyone have that link to pirate it?
>>
>>386962746
maybe if you dont speed up any animations, I would guess its more like 100
>>
>>386961721
Did this really take 25 yrs to make?
>>
>>386962560
which one?
>>
>>386963346
It's arguable exactly how much time out of those 25 years actually went towards making the game, but it was originally announced 25 years ago, yes. Slated to be released before you were born, even.
>>
Im watching it atm. Game seems neat.
Twitch tv /retrogradetom
>>
how do you utilize metalsmith?
what attributes/skills effects sneak?
>>
>>386963346

It took 3-4 months to make spread over 25 years.
>>
WHERE IS THE WEREWOLF ELIAS CLEVE, I FOUND IT THE FIRST TIME BUT LET HIM GO AND NOW HE'S NOT THERE AND I CAN'T GET HIS RING
>>
>>386965828
forging isnt in the game atm but they still get good skills and starting gear
>>
>>386965975
does locate person work?
>>
>>386965658

This actually looks like the kind of game I would like. Just a straight Wizardry/M&M ripoff with 1997 era graphics and no pretense of being anything else.

>that screen tearing though
How do you even get screen tearing in a 2D game, seriously
>>
>>386966273
>How do you even get screen tearing in a 2D game, seriously
Every problem with this game boils down to Cleve being a shitty programmer.
>>
>>386966251
I don't have the spell
>>
Anybody can upload Grimoire 1.2.0.17 Update please? Thank You!
>>
>>386966394
it's a scroll m8
>>
>>386966251
I tried using it myself, with the same problem.

It says he is in his cabin but he never shows up again.

Similarly, if you make Kraken go away with the helmet, Kraken also is said to be in the map still but never appears again.

This is because Elias and Kraken have map-specific tile triggers. Elias only appears if you go through his stuff and leave, then never appears again. Kraken only shows up on a specific spot.

It's fucked.
>>
>>386965418
I was born in 1984 bra
>>
File: C3lggxBVcAAhCwb.jpg (56KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C3lggxBVcAAhCwb.jpg
56KB, 1200x675px
FRIENDLY REMINDER

The small minority of prolific samefags that support the game blindly should be ridiculed or avoided. Their posts are redundant and easy to spot often including:

>Sape (negative)
>Thal (positive)
>Incline
>Blobber
>The spelling "Grimwah"
>Pressure to purchase Grimoire
>Contempt for the pirating of Grimoire
>Claims that uploaded copies of Grimoire contain viruses, bitcoin miners, keyloggers
>Insults and slurs intended to bait someone named Andrew
>Labeling of the game's art style as competent to gorgeous
>Labeling of the game's detractors as "Goons" or "Weebs"
>Stale memes
>a heavy reliance on buzzwards
>Idolatry involving Cleveland Blakemore
>Prejudices within the genre based on game region
>Grandstanding
>Elitism
>Rabid belligerence
>Ignorance regarding good game design
>Ignorance regarding good writing
>Ignorance regarding color theory
>Ignorance regarding math and the interactivity of simple systems

Poor reasoning and argumentative skills are also characteristic. When faced with logic they'll adopt a veteran gamer stance and insist their opponent is better suited playing games generally regarded as casual, i.e. "Go back to Skyrim, kid." Or the new favorite, "You haven't even played Wizardry."

Bottom of the barrel shitposts from rookie anglers.
>>
I feel like there's something I'm missing from the Crowl area. Where is the temple catacombs? It's not the same as the baths, right?
>>
>>386966835
Go to the codex or steam and tell cleve
>>
>>386966273
>>386966373
If I recall, it was intentional. It's still not a good design decision though
>>
>>386967731
In the same house as the baths.

There's a mural i can't read i samhein and close to it is a puzzle with a few text buttons, is there some hint i've missed? I've killed the horror and got the yolk but have no egg to put it in.
>>
>>386968284
I think that mural is optional, the egg is in the museum
>>
>>386968284
The hint to the egg is in the catacombs, something about a trumpet. You have to search the wall to see a more detailed explanation.
>>
I made it to crowl and put it on hold playing more fun games. Grimoire is a disappointment wizardry 8 and elminage games are all better then it. 1 man games tend always suck ass of this scope.
>>
File: 1413926779711.jpg (103KB, 960x644px) Image search: [Google]
1413926779711.jpg
103KB, 960x644px
>about to help someone in steam
>realize I don't have the game and I'll out myself for pirating it

phew
>>
>>386969491
the internet police would have found and fucked you m8
>>
>>386967740
He has known about it since 2002.

https://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/tag/grimoire/page/4/

In fact, most of these bugs are still present in the current game, but:
>In Conachur’s Cabin, when I was supposed to fight Elias Conachur, he didn’t appear. This might have been because I went into his cabin before getting the official quest from lieutenant Shrike. This also makes it impossible to finish lieutenant shrike’s quest, because you don’t receive the wolf’s head ring.

This is because he is a one-time encounter and he never bothered fixing it.
>>
Not many can handle the incline, my friends. It takes willpower to ignore "bad" UI (bad means inconvenient, which means the user is lazy and needs the UI to be made easier for him). It takes willpower to search every nook and cranny for the way forward, to be of such high mind that one wants to experience everything to the fullest. Everything worth doing is worth doing well. It takes willpower to climb the incline.
>>
>yesterday 5 AVs picked up adware
>today it's 0
hmmmm
>>
How are you supposed to get rid of ahriman's curse? I went back to the shrine of the raptor and healed there, but I'm scared I have to talk to someone or something instead and I'll break the game
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.