[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOTY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (37KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
37KB, 460x215px
GOTY
>>
>>386960025
It's a fun romp and nothing more.
>>
>>386960174
It's not even a bad thing
>>
It was really fun at PAX last year. Bought it yesterday but haven't started yet.
>>
>>386960258
I'm just saying it's not GOTY, but it's still fun.
>>
>there are people who did not pick snake oiler
for shame
>>
what's the combat system like? standard rpg stuff?
>>
>>386960460
What's even worse is that there are some people who can't even pickle cucumbers.
>>
File: 1501238475726.gif (1001KB, 318x242px) Image search: [Google]
1501238475726.gif
1001KB, 318x242px
Surprising that the writing is on par with the original KoL. I expected to be much worse.

The game is just so good. The only flaw I can find is that it's too easy and not exactly punishing, but that's not the main focus anyway. The quests and the writing are fucking great.
>>386960557
Pretty much. Your health regenerated after battle and if you lose, you just failed the battle instead of game over and you can fight it again until you win.
>>
How long is the game? Is it that fun? Is it worth 10 bucks?
>>
>>386960724
t. spittoon sifter
>>
>>386960868
>How long is the game?
I think you can finish it under 10 hours. But there are quite plenty of sidequests to do, so it can be longer. Think of Fallout 1.
>Is it that fun?
It's essentially KoL but with a standard RPG combat system and no restriction
>Is it worth 10 bucks?
Absolutely
>>
>>386961156
>not rummaging every spittoon
What are you, a pussy?
>>
Its pretty good for 10 bucks.
>>386960724
Tried hard mode? Sell rocks to the prospector in boring springs and he'll tell you about lvl40 of the mine elevator.

Also lose to the 3rd snake for a stick of dynamite.
>>
>that side quest where you name the ghosts daughter
I guess I'm not intelligent enough for this game.
>>
>>386962460
Oh yeah, I found it but decided to pussy out. I'm gonna use it on my next run.
>>
>>386962684
Hard mode is definitely a pain, everything is roided, grind zones will be finite, quest items are more expensive, can't switch hats so you lose out on rusing cultists and such.
>>
Shilling in full effect in this thread, I see. Was thinking of picking this up but I won't anymore, don't want to support this kind of practicce
>>
>>386963862
No joke, I'm shilling it because I used to love Loathing so much. No shame here.
>>
So how are the writing and quests?

Those were the two big draws for KoL.
The quests were always real inventive, even from the very start.
While the writing usually ranged from decent to very funny, though the dick jokes were usually winners.
>>
>>386964245
The writing is about similar with KoL
Quests are mostly great. They're like puzzles which you need to solve. They're also has decent context throughout
>that one part where you find a burning farm with a talking doll
It's fucking spooky
>>
>>386964245
I think you'll be satisfied with those expectations You could always pirate it first and check
>>
>>386964245
Writing is god-tier.

Quests are a little iffy. First thing you should know is that the main questline is a mere three quests (albeit with multiple solutions), so the focus is really more on the sidequests. Even then, though, it's pretty short. You're meant to do multiple playthroughs since there's different content depending on your class/horse/pardner, but much like ascending in KoL it can get monotonous.
>>
I feel like my journal has enough clues but I still can't find the Necromancer's Lair.
>>
File: 1190334477311.png (38KB, 728x833px) Image search: [Google]
1190334477311.png
38KB, 728x833px
So it's a game based on old /v/ comics?
>>
>>386965361
Yes, /v/ invented stick figures.
>>
>>386965361
Old /v/ could definitely be influenced by KoL, it did start 2003, like this site.
>>
There's a secret place in the mines in the first town where you need 3 dynamite to open it, but I couldn't find a third stick. Did anyone else find this?
>>
File: Naughty Sorceress.jpg (139KB, 1048x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Naughty Sorceress.jpg
139KB, 1048x1280px
Does best girl show up in it at all?
>>
>>386965993
Lose/surrender to the 3rd snake before the crazy eyes horse. Also it's locked so you'll need to not unlock the prison door to have a spare needle.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.