[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on the Capcom 5? (One of them got cancelled)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: c5.jpg (182KB, 510x716px) Image search: [Google]
c5.jpg
182KB, 510x716px
What are your thoughts on the Capcom 5?

(One of them got cancelled)
>>
Thought they would justify the cube, not so much. Re4 was so good it didn't matter. Have all four in the collection though.

What was the 5th again?
>>
>>386959768
Must be the REmakes
>>
>>386959851
No, there was another game. I think dragons were involved.
>>
PN03 was a great game
>>
>>386959768
Dead Phoenix, a 3D shooter
>>
>>386958245
Don't care about PN03

Killer 7 isn't that fun but its really cool

RE4 is too long and linear

Viewtiful Joe is probably one of my favorite games of all time, hate playing it with a gamecube controller though so I just play the PS2 version.
>>
>>386959997
Yes it was. Wouldn't have payed 50 bucks for it in the day, but it's a great arcade style game to play through now and then. Also ro-butt
>>
>>386959768
Dead Phoenix. I don't think there was much more than concept art.

Killer7 was god-tier weirdness, though the gameplay itself was pretty frustrating most of the time. P.N. 03 controlled like shit and I never played more than a few minutes. Viewtiful Joe was cool, and would be hella fun to replay if I didn't know that that fucking fire lion boss wasn't waiting near the end, and of course RE4 contains 100% of the RE series' good ideas.
>>
>>386958245
pn03 could've been cool if it wasn't obviously rushed out in an alpha/early beta state, the other three and unironically some of the greatest games ever made and the gamecube version is the best port they ever got

Pretty good track record
>>
>>386958245
>Top 10 anime betrayals.jpg
>>
Really goes to show how desperate third parties were to sink the Gamecube and Nintendo with it.

>We'll totally support the GameCube with these exclusives, goy.

>Oops now all the good ones have been ported to PS2. RE4 with additional content. Fuck you Nintendo.

Capcom needs to sink already.
>>
>>386960478
all those ps2 ports were shit though an outside of dante in VJ and maybe the buffed weapons in RE4 the new content isn't even good
>>
>>386960172
>RE4 is too long
???
It's the perfect length.
>>
>>386958245
>PN03 would've been better if it wasn't basically an arcade game
>Viewtiful Joe was legit really great but the PS2 version had Dante
>Resi4 got ported to PS2 even despite the port being lousy, but as a game it's good.
>Killer7 is hands down the best of the set, HD port when?
>Dead Phoenix is a bit too on the nose
>>
>>386958245
They're all good except P.N. 03 which I still liked personally. As a Gamecube owner Capcom was absolutely my favorite publisher in those days. Damn they fell off so hard.
>>
Reminder that Killer7 got ported to PS2.
How is the port? I noticed it's definitely cheaper and I'm curious
>>
>>386960478
It's not Capcom's job to help sell Nintendo's hardware. They don't owe each other shit
>>
>>386961413
It sucks. There's a reason there's no real demand for it among PS2 fans.

I believe it has frame rate issues and abysmal load times.
>>
The games were excellent except for PN03, but it highlighted why you should never trust Capcom.
>>
>>386961413
>>386961685
it's exactly like he says also the game has worse lightning when that's half the reason the game looks as good as it does
>>
>>386960995
>all those ps2 ports were shit though an outside of dante in VJ
There were only 3 ports, and Viewtiful Joe is legitimately better on PS2. 5% more slowdown is more than justified by having Dante with his own moves and slightly altered story.

RE4 is noticeably graphically worse on PS2, but it does have quite a bit of extra content. I don't think it's shit. Not amazing but alright content.

Killer 7 is the only one outright better on GameCube.
>>
>>386958245
One is my favorite game, another one is a well-regarded cult classic, and one is simple but solid beat em up. I think 3/4 isn't bad, I don't know anything about PN03 though
>>
>>386961883
VJ port sucks ass, the entire appeal of the game is how fluid the movement is and changing the speed of the game, having built in slowdown makes the game feel like you're walking through mud when you slow time. It also looks worse which can make it even harder to parse whats happening and the loading times are way worse.

RE4 looks a LOT worse, both because of downgrades and because the gamecube version has some lighting/visual effects the PS2 literally can't do, and all the cutscenes are pre-rendered and look bad. The new content is all lame bullshit except for the gangster outfit and buffing some of the weaker weapons and this version removed a couple fun glitches.

Having the games look and run better >>>>> some dumb bonus features, there's a reason kamiya and mikami developed these games on the gamecube even though the ps2 was doing way better and was cheaper to develop, and it wasn't because the capcom 5 was some kind of exclusive nintendo only deal (that was basically a mis-interpretation by a PR rep that went too far)
>>
>>386962040
>I don't know anything about PN03 though
It's a proof of concept they streched out into an almost full game where a lady with a lovingly animated ass shoots the same 4 robot types in the same copy pasted rooms over and over and over while every now and then a text only cutscene that barely explains anything and isn't interesting happens.

could've been cool if it was actually finished.
>>
>>386962382
>having built in slowdown makes the game feel like you're walking through mud when you slow time
I own both versions the slowdown difference between them isn't as major as you seem to be trying to contort.

>It also looks worse
Like a handful of textures in the whole game look a little blurrier.

>Having the games look and run better >>>>> some dumb bonus features
This might be true if Dante was just a reskin of Joe, but he isn't. He plays completely differently and they even changed the cutscenes to accommodate him. It's a very fine bonus.
>>
>>386962382
Yeah Mikami supposedly hated the PS2's hardware. He eventually made God Hand though so I guess he got over it.
>>
>>386962726
> He plays completely differently
he's joe but with a couple extra moves that are insanely overpowered and he can double jump in "normal" mode.

>they even changed the cutscenes to accommodate him.
You mean they changed some models and replaced the voice acting with the dialogue from DMC1 played backwards like all the other bonus characters?

It's a cute feature and the idea that they made a better DMC2 using a different games assets and a bit of extra money than the actual DMC2 is pretty cool, but I'd rather just play the best version of the actual game.

>>386962843
outside of the character models and the animations godhand is an ugly ass game, to the point where it almost feels like they did it on purpose to make the game feel retro, so making it on the PS2 makes more sense
>>
>>386963218
>making it on the PS2 makes more sense
ps2 was more powerful than gamecube though, a bunch of gamecube exclusives crudely ported to ps2 doesn't prove otherwise
>>
>>386963795
this is objectively not true in any sense. the only hardware advantage the PS2 has is bigger disk size, literally every single multiplatform game runs worse on ps2, in many cases even the dreamcast version works better.

the one trick to this is that PS2 has some really nice looking late gen games like FF12, but you could make something that looked better on gamecube (if maybe not as big) if you spent the same amount of time and money making games for it instead
>>
>>386958245
It baffles me how Capcom was so good that Gen but progressively got worse and now only make Street Fighter.
>>
File: 1439551591351.jpg (193KB, 1695x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439551591351.jpg
193KB, 1695x480px
>>386964251
>literally every single multiplatform game runs worse on ps2
>>
>>386965241
Why is the sky a different color on the gamecube one, because there is no reason why the Gamecube shouldn't have reflections and shadows, two things plenty of Gamecube games did with no trouble.
If that is the GC version, it seems that the people that ported the game just did a shit job.
>>
File: 1439551591752.jpg (276KB, 1695x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439551591752.jpg
276KB, 1695x480px
>>386965664
>>
>>386965664
There are other issues there, like the fact that all of the screenshots are the same resolution. They did not all output the same native res.
>>
>>386965937
Actually ignore this, I am apparently blind.
>>
>>386964853
Capcom closing Clover and Inafune redirecting development towards western tastes definitely did its damage.
>>
Killer7 is a masterpiece
>>
>>386960478
Stay assblasted nintennigger.
>>
>>386965885
Yeah, thanks for not answering the question and posting a picture that only points out one thing and not even bothering to look at everything else that makes the PS2 version look worse, like the lack of shading on the entire city, the aliasing and lower res.
I don't know why it's lacking those few buildings at the end but it was clear that the PS2 was the weakest hardware of that gen, as was reflected in the games the majority of the time, with the lack of lighting effects, most games having terrible shadows, muddy textures and games with lower framerates.
>>
File: 1439551591945.jpg (232KB, 1695x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439551591945.jpg
232KB, 1695x480px
>>386967021
>>
>>386964853
Japanese in general couldn't into AAA budgets in 7th gen.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.