[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Isolation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Alien_Isolation.jpg (63KB, 260x300px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Isolation.jpg
63KB, 260x300px
Why is this game so much scarier than any horror movie that I've seen? I've screamed like a bitch at least 4 times and got several nightmares. The game is fucking fantastic.
>>
Too long
>>
>>386953765
Playing it right now in VR using the oculus.
No words can describe how amazing and scaring this game is.
>>
i hear there's a VR patch, if you really can't stand having clean pants anymore
>>
How would they go about with a sequel?
>>
>>386954274
Just do a game on LV426 but let it start a few hours before anything bad happens. I wanna get comfy. I missed that so much in Isolation, I just wanted to hang out around the space statoin.
>>
>>386953765
No it isnt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg
>>
>>386953765

it's tense, but it's not scary since the broken stealth system means you can just stare at the alien all day long as long as your knees are covered
>>
>>386955115
that's not at all accurate for the ps3
>>
>>386953765
this and the evil within are like the only good games to come out in the last 5 years
>>
>>386956098
>evil within
>good
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>386955115
I've gotten spotted just peeking over shit before, what game were you playing
>>
>>386956234
No, you weren't. Only if you were hiding behind a table in which the alien could see you from the ground. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>386955115
>>386955935
>>386956234
It's still not confirmed how the Ayyy's senses work. I doesn't see like a human does. There's times when a human would see you but the xeno passes right over you. Consensus seems to be some combination of scent, hearing and sonar, which makes it difficult to tell whether you're breaking line of sight or not.
>>
>>386956310
did you play on super easy mode?
>>
>>386955115
BS I've been spotted with 80% of my body covered, i was barely leaning. I think there is a dice roll with the % exposed, and there is a low random chance the alien gets finds no matter what.
>>
>>386953765
>>386953982
>>386954006
Also playing it in VR, jesus christ Sega are morons for not doing an official VR release, its incredible
>>
>>386956861
Yeah, it's time to stop talking. The Alien isn't able to stop you in a different way on higher difficulty. I've played the game 4 times. 3 times on hard and once on nightmare. Fuck off, kid.
>>
This is the most boring game I have played in the last several years.
>>
>>386956448
It's a bit weird. Normally they see with pheromones, which means that hiding is mostly pointless. But in the game sound seems to be determining factor while visual seems quite lacking.
>>
The fact that the xeno walks around on 2 legs only killed it for me. Should've been crawling/running on all fours on the floor and on the walls, shit like that. I understand how hard that would be to develop but still
>>
>>386956310
ur the one making shit up m8
>>
>>386957425
Post a webm of it or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>386956998
we've all played it. that's why we know youre completely wrong. either everyone here is wrong or you are.
>>
>>386957479
If everyone played it and it has happened there should be a webm to proof your so called truth.
>>
Anyone here reads AvP comics? I've been reading quite a few last year but stopped when I couldn't find Hunter's Planet. A shame that the recent ones are well drawn but lack good writing. Also, Alien comics tend to be above Predator ones most of the time.
>>
>>386957749
If only Tom King or Snyder would write an Alien series. Just a 12 isssue arc would be great
>>
>>386957389
It never did that in the original movie. Might be something only warrior caste xenos could do.
>>
>>386953765
>>>386953765
>
>it's tense, but it's not scary since the broken stealth system means you can just stare at the alien all day long as long as your knees are covered

Did you play on the hardest difficulty? The Alien is a fuck ton smarter then Normal.
>>
>>386956176
It was fucking good minus the black bar (its patched now) and the framerate on console.

The end part in the city suck dick tho
>>
>>386958043
Ideally I'd want drawings of today and storytelling/writing of yesteryears.
>>
File: 1497834003624.gif (2MB, 302x188px) Image search: [Google]
1497834003624.gif
2MB, 302x188px
>>386953765

I had returned to it after not playing it for a while, started a new game, go to the area I think where you first run into more than one Working Joe (past the area that looks like the bridge but it isn't) and got all the way to the end and started heading back and a one of the fuckers somehow managed to follow me all the way down two floors even though after I broke the line of sight I stayed quiet.

I still haven't beat it but one of these days I will, game is good. And this is from a guy who normally doesn't even like first person games.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.