[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tripwire does it again. It's RO2 all over again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 12

File: shitwire.png (18KB, 673x368px) Image search: [Google]
shitwire.png
18KB, 673x368px
Tripwire does it again. It's RO2 all over again.
>>
>>386950054
Explain to a retard what this means please
>>
Ahahaha holy fuck this is sad.

>our game is dying
>please make the game shittier for our players with good internet so third worlders can play
>>
I don't see how it's bad to give hosts a choice of SSHD or CSHD. Elaborate
>>
>>386950172
BR will join your server with their 300ms ping and will take advantage of client side hit detection. They'll be lagging for everybody else while they'll be able to shoot everybody easily. Also aimbots and all kind of cheats.
>>
i don't have too much of a problem with the hit detection in RS2, it's the lack of kill trading that makes me fucking ballistic

and a lot of the shitty design choices like blurring your entire screen if a bullet comes within 10 miles of you
>>
>>386950248
Because ideally you want SSHD, it's the most consistent way to register hit. Of course it's great having choice, but it's not the question here, they say admins should use client side detection because they can't make server side detection work as intented. If you have a working server side detection there is absolutely no reason for using clientside detection. They did it for RO2 because they couldn't make UE3 engine work well in MP, they do it again because they don't know how to make it work as intended.
>>
>>386950172
If a player with high ping (client 1) but client side shoots at another player (client 2), the position of client 2 in actuality based on his position on his own client and where the server knows him to be (yet has not updated on the client 1 machine) will register as a hit. This leads to people getting shot around cover, or shot by players not even on your screen yet. This means client hit detection and high ping is an advantage.

It can be fixed by having high send and receive a tickrates because the frequent updates between clients and servers, but largely isn't the case.

That's why Battlefield games typically use a hybrid system. Client registration for the shot, server to confirm if the two events are the same.
>>
>>386950248
All the players who would have a "disadvantage" from server side hit detection would get a disproportionate advantage over every single person with a good connection with client side hit detection. I'm extreme cases you would literally need to cheat just to give yourself a chance at a fair game.
>>
>>386950338
>and a lot of the shitty design choices like blurring your entire screen if a bullet comes within 10 miles of you
It's a game mechanic for suppression. It is supposed to make suppression fire a possible tactical choice, like it could be in real life. I don't think it's a bad design, but it's my opinion.
Can shitters still deactivate the suppression (and smoke) effect with a simple ini modification in RS2 ?
>>
>letting people with >100ms ping on your server
nah
>>
>>386950248
It's literally asking for lag cheats.
>>
>>386950498
>>386950720
I get the point and I also prever SSHD but it felt like OP was shitting on tripwire for giving a choice to admins. Sure the "advice to switch to CSHD" is faggotry, but otherwise I see nothing wrong with this
>>
>>386950735
my problem isn't with the suppression, it's with the screen blur during suppression

suppression should make my hands shake and make it very difficult for me to return accurate fire, it should not completely blur my vision and make me unable to see 5 feet in front of me
>>
>>386950720
The thing is you're supposed to play on servers with a decent ping so server side detection has no negative effect. But when the userbase is decreasing more and more people are forced to play on servers that are far if you want to play on a populated server. It's the root of the problem, if the game could gather a big enough userbase, there wouldn't be a problem with high ping and server side detection. But when you're australian and you have the choice between an empty server and playing on a full european server, you go on the populated server even if the ping is shitty.

>>386950863
This. There should be a ping filter and autokick on everybody with more than 100ms ping.
>>
>>386950248
whats bad is them saying "you have a choice but we are clearly leaning towards the wrong choice"
>>
Why the fuck did they think Song Be territories is even remotely balanced? I've played it a dozen times now and never once seen it progress passed A and B.
>>
>>386950902
>i recognize part of the statement is bullshit but i prefer to pretend OP is whining about the non-bullshit part

what is wrong with you
>>
>>386950925
Yeah, it could be better. But at least it exists in some way and it makes suppression useful tactically speaking.
>>
>>386950925
>Taking control away from a player
Never be in charge of video game design.
>>
File: 1397381923814.jpg (32KB, 396x381px) Image search: [Google]
1397381923814.jpg
32KB, 396x381px
>educate the player
>>
>>386950925
>suppression should make my hands shake and make it very difficult for me to return accurate fire
This is also the case, if a bullet moves close enough for you to hear the crack as it passes and you are aiming down sights, your character will flinch and move slightly.
>>
>>386951261
that's what the suppression mechanic already does in RS2 though, your aim is shaky and you can't return fire accurately

i'm advocating for less control being taken from the player by eliminating the petulant screen blur

for muh realism shooters a suppression mechanic is necessary, otherwise the cornerstone of small unit tactics becomes completely pointless because people with no fear of death (lmao just respawn in 15 sec) are going to return pinpoint accurate shots while bullets are missing them by inches
>>
>>386950054
Why the fuck would they even encourage players with 150+ ping to keep playing on the same server?

Although server side hit detection does sound a little dumb.
>>
>>386951410
Screen blur doesn't take control away from a player, retard. It simply makes it harder to pinpoint a target you're unaware of.

Flinching or jerking a player's aim is taking away control.
>>
File: coolfrog.png (31KB, 308x312px) Image search: [Google]
coolfrog.png
31KB, 308x312px
>>386950054
>Playing Tripwire games in 2017
>>
>>386950498
>talking out of my ass, the post.
SSHD cannot work any other way than it does, you fucking mongoloid. They can't just "make it work better." It is entirely dependant on someone's latency.
>>
>>386951537
are you intentionally being this stupid?

RS2 already jerks your aim away and makes you flinch when you are under fire, like >>386951332
said
>>
>>386951486
>Why the fuck would they even encourage players with 150+ ping to keep playing on the same server?
Because the game is dying and BR, americans, australian, asians with 500ms ping have to join european servers if they want to play with other people and they ruin the fun for everybody. Happened in RO2 already.
They could just make a ping filter, but it would mean nobody outside of europe would play anymore. I haven't played since beta (didn't buy the game in the end) but if it's like RO2, the few populated servers are in Europe.
>>
>>386951641
I know it does, I never said the game doesn't.

Holy fuck you people are daft cunts.
>>
>>386951709
run along geek
>>
>>386951642
Ah. That's a shame, is the first game still alive? I thought it was miles better than the second.
>>
>>386951709
then how do you suggest a suppression mechanic that emulates the fear of death be implemented?
>>
>>386951832
>Be retarded repeatedly
>Can no longer refute anything
>Well that's embarrassing I better just call him a geek to try and save face
KYS
>>
>>386951709
Only artillery and MG fire make the screen get that weird blurry shit all over it. Every other gun just makes you flinch. Stop exaggerating.
>>
>>386950172

Basically when an Australian comes into your game and wins because he was warping everywhere

Oh you shot him in the head 1000 times well too bad once its "THE WORLD" stand ability activates you'll have 5 secs of lag warp and then.

WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY~
>>
File: 1341110474387.png (94KB, 299x261px) Image search: [Google]
1341110474387.png
94KB, 299x261px
>playing with 50+ ping

Fucking HOW

As long as you pick a server that's nearby you shouldn't ever have to deal with more than 50-60 ping, the only people that get fucked by SSHD are ruskie degenerates that feel the need to play on servers halfway across the world, fuck em.
>>
File: tripwire.png (154KB, 680x734px) Image search: [Google]
tripwire.png
154KB, 680x734px
>>386951623
They can't make it work as intended, they told it for RO2 back in the days it was a complete failure and they switched to clientside detection. I live in london and my ping was 150ms for servers that are in fucking London like 40-1. It only decreased when they switched to clientside detection. If they were competent, they could make it work normally by modding UE3 engine.
Netcode has always been an issue in RO2 and ping has always been shitty.
>>
>>386951937
Don't try and emulate something everyone reacts to differently. Instead make it so the choice of returning fire is less attractive (without resorting to taking away player control) or the impact of dying more penalizing.
>>
>>386952095
Because it literally gives you an advantage.
>>
>>386951947
geek
>>
>>386952174
It only gives you an advantage if the game you're playing has client-side hit detection and even then the experience is anything but smooth.
>>
>>386952095
>50ms ping
I don't think I have ever seen a 50ms ping server in RO2. I think the least ping I ever got was 90ms when they switched to CSHD.
>>
>>386950863
Nah, that's bullshit. I have good internet but got kicked from servers while torrenting something. It's not a good measure of true internet speed.
>>
>>386952173
>make it so the choice of returning fire is less attractive without taking away player control

yeah, and HOW would you do this? no generalities, give a specific way you would accomplish this

also I hope you see the inherent problem with making death more penalizing in a game where you already may be walking 200m to the objective only to be hit by a stray bullet the moment you get there

p.s geek
>>
>>386951937
I mean in real life, even when you flinch you're vision isn't jerking all over the place, especially if you're fuckin trained to kill. You're still retaining focus and you're not actively panicking, nor are you jerking your fucking gun around.
>>
File: le gibson face.jpg (38KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
le gibson face.jpg
38KB, 580x580px
Deal with it.
>>
If you just did serverside hit detection with no lag compensation you'd basically have desynced attacks from positions as the time they arrive at the server they'd be "old" and players would miss shots they clearly landed even in situations of 50 or less ping.

If they did pure clientside hit detection someone could just write a hack to tell the server they hit everyone on the map in the head and the game would be unplayable.

Maybe by clientside they mean how every major fps game made in the past two decades has done it.
> Client fires
> Server receives client fire
> Server rewinds by the client's ping
> Server checks to see if at that rewinded time the client actually did hit an enemy
> Enemy gets hurt

Then go the overwatch method of having it so that after some maximum amount of ping it refuses to rewind as a way to curb "dying around corners."
>>
>>386952095
I live in Western Australia. The populated servers are in Sydney. I get 80-100 ping just going across the country.
>>
>>386952412
>How would you do this
Filters, desaturation, blur effects, other means of visual turbulence. These make things difficult to completely isolate a player but fully capable of returning fire.

>Walking 200m in RS2
>With the amount of vehicles and spawn mechanics
>Dying, playing like a shitter on respawn, and wondering why you're dead

Yeah, nah. You're a shitter.
>>
>>386952430
>i know this because I'm a professional killing machine
>*tips infantry helmet*
>>
>>386952578
>how every major fps game made in the past two decades has done it.
Yeah, because battlefield, CoD and all that shit are examples. The thing is SSHD was standard until consoles with P2P MP went out, like Xbox. We just got bamboozled into thinking it's normal.
>>
Giving money to a SJW company.

You faggots deserve it.
>>
>>386952687
>with the amount of vehicles
ARVN gets vehicles now?
>spawn mechanics
SL spawn for US, tunnel for gooks - half of the time your SL is dead, and your tunnel has just been destroyed by a cobra
>>
>>386952853
>Half the time the SL is dead/tunnels destroyed
Then perhaps you shouldn't have died and instead stopped your precious resources from being cut off.

Fucking shitter.
>>
>>386952338
Set up your router's QoS properly then you ingrate
>>
>>386952960
post stats, I want to see just how much better you are at the game
>>
>>386952765
SSHD is undeniably a worse system though since it doesn't take into account when a shot was fired, it only checks once the server receives the packet and doesn't make sure the person ever landed the hit at the actual time of firing, rather that at the specific moment the server received the packet.

Even cs1.6 has lag compensated server authoritative hit detection.

Hell Valve was basically the first to write a comprehensive guide on how to implement it.

SSHD fucks everyone over, it's just by how much depends on your ping.
>>
The best way is clientside detection verified by server, but the player only gets "unlagged" up to 80ms or so -- ie if their ping is 100 then they'll have to manually compensate for a delay of 20ms, or at 150 ping compensate for 70ms, and so on. This is how CPMA's netcode works, and modern Battlefield games work similarly to this.
>>
>>386953359
Isn't battlefield netcode shitty? I remember reading about how it's shit but it was for BF3 or BF4, maybe they fixed it with their newer games.
>>
>>386953482
I think they changed for BF4 and BF1.
>>
>>386953482
the Battlefield games are shitty, I think the netcode is pretty ok most of the time for the modern ones, BF4 is complete shit but in the 20 or so hours I played I didn't run into any glaring hit detection problems

now BF2, that game had some shitty netcode
>>
>m16 is ridiculously accurate up to 150 meters or so
>ak47 struggles to hit helmets peeking over cover at 40 meters
the only redeeming feature of the vc is the hunting shotgun desu
>>
>>386953751
using the M16 doesn't even feel fair, it's like beating up a handicapped kid, pinpoint accurate headshots at 150m

I do really like the AK47 penetration though

also the VC get the PPSh which shits on the grease gun, and the RPG which is great
>>
>>386953263
No CSHD is better only when your game use shitty hitscans, when you have bullet physics like in RO2 (and probably RS2), SSHD is the way to go. And bullet trajectory and physics is way better than hitscan.
>>
>>386953874
I like the grease gun. It feels almost identical to the mp40 which was my gunfu from ro2. The only drawback to it is the fucking hood on the sight.
>>
>>386954041
the sights are absolutely terrible, yeah, the rest of it isn't all that bad and i can get some fairly accurate shots off with it at 75-100m

the PPSh is just unbelievable though
>>
>>386950054
>Playing games with over 150ms ping
>>
>>386954206
It definitely feels better than the ro2 ppsh. That one felt like a pea shooter at times, and it's nice they let you start with the drum magazine.
>>
>>386954358
Sign the game is dying if you can't find populated servers in your area.
>>
>>386953605
>>386953518
>>386953482
>you will never have a game with frostbite-like terrain destruction, improved netcode, red-orchestra-style gameplay, and which is moddable.
>>
>>386952430
Most people flinch shooting their own fucking gun. Hell, most people fucking flinch when a bee flies by. Its a natural reaction which takes experience to suppress. Your average infantryman in WW2 and Vietnam was 20 year old Joe Blow with 4 weeks of PT, not a "trained killer".
>>
>>386952430
Soldiers in Vietnam and WW2 were drafted, not volunteers with years of experience.
>>
>>386950902
>I see that the only thing on display is wrong, but if you ignore the only thing there to see than there is nothing wrong
>>
>>386950054
i bet steam would grant refunds if one explains this shit properly in the request
>>
>>386955457
realism shooters are so niche I can't see this ever happening

I would be happy with RS2 with a lot more polish and more maps
>>
>>386955486
>20 year old joe blow.

this is the part that I like about RO-games, and something which I think is sort of missing from RS2. (and RS1).

the VA for the americans sounds too "grizzled/masculine". I'd like to see some "weaker"/"higher-pitched" voicework added, possibly attached to a character when they spawn. Perhaps with references to something other than a stereotypical farm when they're bleeding out/calling for their mother.

Same for the Vietnamese, though they could go further with "squeaky teenager", "tomboy"(if they have female VC), and "tired 40-something" sounding voices. Though I'm not sure how that would sound to the player.
>>
File: 1501549697106.png (160KB, 248x454px) Image search: [Google]
1501549697106.png
160KB, 248x454px
>>386950054
LOL
>>
For a game focused on longer range engagements CSHD is better.
>>
>>386957106
>the VA for the americans sounds too "grizzled/masculine". I'd like to see some "weaker"/"higher-pitched" voicework added, possibly attached to a character when they spawn. Perhaps with references to something other than a stereotypical farm when they're bleeding out/calling for their mother.
Day of Infamy did it perfectly; depending on the chosen unit (e.g. Infantry Regiment vs. Rangers) you will hear either mid-20s cadets after basic training and no combat experience whatsoever or grizzled western front veterans fueled by their burning hate towards the enemy.
And there's even more.

That's why I don't understand why wouldn't TWI do the same.
>>
>>386952338
>its not a good measure of true internet speed
It's the definitive measure of your client-to-server-to-client speed, you doofus.

>while torrenting something
Just browse youtube or some shit for the 10 minutes you're torrenting dude, you're killing your download speed anyways.
>>
>>386957912
Also 13 years old friendly VO lines.
>>
>>386956467
mostly you'd just need dice or someone(who'd be able to make a 64+ player FPS with terrain destruction) to allow players to host their own servers, and/or not hard-code everything.

Though industry trends make it seem that this would be unlikely.
>>
Client side is such dogshit. Client side anything is dogshit and if you think otherwise you're a shill.
>>
>>386958723
Oh yeah, because shooting someone on an empty field and being forced to calculate lag is such a great mechanic.
>>
>>386959170
The maybe you should play on a server close to you instead on a foreign server. Client side gives the advantage to foreigners, how is that fair?
>>
>>386959170
kys hue
>>
I got an idea.
Can we make the Internet so fast that latency/pring isn't a thing anymore?
>>
>>386959365
Netcode in RS2 is such that the best you'll potentially ever get is ping 100. I'm glad CSHD is back.
>>
Boy oh boy, time to break out the old lag switch and throttle my net speeds till I have 3000+ ping and wreck everyone because incompetent devs can't into SSHD.
>>
>>386959639
I already do it in PUBG lol
>>
>>386950863
>>386950972
>tfw have 260 kb/s internet
>get 90-120 ping on western servers
aaaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>386957659
For a game aiming at pseudo realism with physics bullets, SSHD is better, particularly in long range.
>>
>play games from incompetent devs
>complain about awful decisions made by incompetent devs
You have nobody to blame but yourself. They have a clear track record of bad decision after bad decision.
>>
>>386950248
>"UM EXCUSE ME, DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU'RE USING SERVER SIDE HIT DETECTION? I KNOW WE GAVE YOU A CHOICE, BUT UMM COULD YOU PLEASE STOP RIGHT NOW??????"
>>
File: nathandrakelaughing.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
nathandrakelaughing.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>386960091
>KF2
>early access done right
>constantly fucking up adding shit no one wants and it takes forever
>>
>>386952778
Tripwire didn't develop it
>>
Do games actually limits multiplayer access based on a user's internet connect speeds and fps?
>>
FUCK 3RD WORLDERS. Every fucking match in every fucking game, there's some hue hue BR with 200+Ms latency. Doesn't matter if it's client side dedicated server whatever. These fucking niggers will show up with their stolen netbooks and their dirty fucking barefeet and ruin the game for everyone. I fucking hate these people with a passion. And I will NOT make changes that worsen the experience for the real humans with low ping just to accommodate these fucking beaners.
>>
>>386960683
What baffles me is that they go on high ping servers s knowingly
>>
>>386961049
Why does it baffle you? They know damn well what they're doing. They know it gives them an advantage in these CSHD based games with 20hz tick rates. They will always win because of this. It's cheating and they know it.

Fuck them stick to server side hit detection and ban anyone above 100ms.
>>
>>386950172
It means your client version of the game can claim it has hit a guy when in reality they might have missed.
This is what causes dying to shots hitting you after you moved into cover.
>>
>>386950312
daaammmm this is what happend in Gotham City Imposters
>>
>>386960395
We got FREE content updates during early access
Tripwire is B A S E D as fuck, I'm sorry you're too bitter to realize this
>>
>>386950054
>wanting client side
lol fuck off client side is ass, enables way too much exploiting
>>
File: 1472774855828.jpg (7KB, 195x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472774855828.jpg
7KB, 195x200px
>>386962737
>tfw TW forgot the infinite arty spam and bayonet in your ass across the map week

Dumb fucks, let them sink themself
>>
>>386951893
Tripwire made an update to break the server browser on purpose, so if you try to connect a game though the server browser it will show no server. You have to find a server IP using a server tracker. There are still a couple russian servers being run and they're probably populated on the week end in the evening. Otherwise, you should install Darkest Hours, maybe 29th server is still running.
>>
>>386962135
>Tripwire is B A S E D as fuck
Hello Yoshiro.
>>
>>386962135
Free content during early access? Aren't they supposed to do that? I mean it's called development, isn't it?
>>
>>386963851
lol
>>
File: 1500751846325.png (1MB, 960x986px) Image search: [Google]
1500751846325.png
1MB, 960x986px
>tfw Ostfront was amazing and helped to meet lots of interesting people
What the fuck happened after that, TWI? Why did HoS/RS suck ass?
>>
>>386965251
>Why did HoS/RS suck ass?
Pandered to CoD/BF audience.
>>
>>386950312
The game is PvE you moron it literally doesn't matter if hit detection is client side.
>>
>all these dumb responses that thing it matters if hit detection is client side on a game where you team up with HUMAN PLAYERS to kill AI MONSTERS.

BRs with 300ms will be powerful allies instead of literally useless from not being able to hit anything with SSHD
>>
>>386966625
>>386966710
We're talking about Rising storm 2.
>>
>>386950054
>game has like 1000 concurrent players
>50 IPs in the thread
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.