[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroid: Samus Returns previews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: H2x1_3DS_MetroidSamusReturns.jpg (1MB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
H2x1_3DS_MetroidSamusReturns.jpg
1MB, 2000x1000px
>It looks great, and it plays as good -- or better -- than any other Metroid.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-metroid-samus-returns-hands-on-a-welcome-upgrade

>The most important thing I learned in my brief time with the game is that it felt like Metroid, and it felt damn good.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/hands-on-preview/44929/hands-on-with-metroid-samus-returns

>As I mentioned before, I did not want to stop playing. The game plays smoothly, the new counter mechanic feels great, and the ability to to scan the environment will hopefully help reduce those moments where you are exploring aimlessly without clear direction.
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/metroid_samus_returns/b/3ds/archive/2017/06/13/metroid-samus-returns-looks-and-feels-great.aspx

>the 20 minutes or so we had with the title was already enough to show that the game captures the look and feel of the series’ past in an exciting way.
http://www.dualshockers.com/metroid-samus-returns-preview-3ds-nintendo-demo/

>For one thing, it’s the rare game that actually makes great use of the handheld’s glasses-free 3D effect, lending a sense of depth to the world. I found myself stopping to catch details in the background, like the corpses of unlucky cave explorers, and — unlike almost every other 3DS game I’ve played — I didn’t want to turn the 3D effect off.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/15797610/metroid-samus-returns-nintendo-3ds-preview-interview-e3-2017
>>
>I could go on about how, as someone who grew up on Super Metroid, the latest entry represents what I'm looking for from the series -- but at the end of the day, I don't need to. With a title like Samus Returns, the game says it on it's own. Metroid is back. And it's good.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/08/metroid-samus-returns-preview/

>As our time came to an end having defeated several Metroids we were eager to play on. While difficult at the outset, like many handheld Metroid games before it, Samus Returns is an outstanding and completely engrossing game. Samus is back.
http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/games/metroid-samus-returns-preview-3662306/

>Samus Returns feels far more fluid than any other 2D Metroid game I've played.
>Basically, if you've been waiting for a side-scrolling, classic Metroid game, Samus Returns is shaping up to be the game you've been waiting for.
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/metroid-samus-returns-previewremember-me
>>
Why did you forget the mention that a total of 4 Amiikikes are required to be able to use the hardest difficulty, get access to art galleries and even the music player?
>>
>A shit developer makes better games than nintendo
Really makes one think.
>>
>>386948806
Yes we get it, it's going to be good.
>>
>>386949681
>Why did you forget to mention that thing people know about and wasn't a part of the preview anyway
Anon, can you use your brain for once?
>>
>>386949809
$0.03 were just deposited into your account.
>>
>>386949947
I wish. Would make browsing this board a way more tolerable experience
>>
>the melee counter
>Nintendo fans will defend it
>>
>>386948806
>trusting "reviewers"

>>386949809
>trying this hard to excuse shitty behaviour

>>386950162
This.
>>
File: tagmo.jpg (39KB, 980x308px) Image search: [Google]
tagmo.jpg
39KB, 980x308px
>>386949681
>>
>>386948806
>games "journalists", whose jobs rely on the continued success of the games industry, are hyping up an upcoming game
In other news, water is wet.
>>
>>386950162
EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEeeEEEEeeehhhhHHHHHH! Buuuuhhhht....it'll make the gAAAAme less boooooOOoOoOoOoOoOring EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEeEEEEEEEEEEeEeeEEE!!!
>>
>>386950162

Did you seriously stop posting webms because people were calling you on it?
>>
I wonder what they spent the money Nintendo paid them on?
>>
>>386950327
>water is wet
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! But I just bought a cubic ton of dehydrated water in case of nuclear attack by North Korea!!!!
>>
>>386950235
Hell, you can buy 100 tags for 20 bucks on Aliexpress.
>>
>>386950362
>Posting webms

nah man I'm just calling you out. It's a shit mechanic that will turn every none boss enemy into "wait, counter, instakill" sounds a lot like the flurry rush from BotW
>>
>>386950235
yes, they have gone too far this time.
>>
>MercurySteam
>Sakamoto confirmed connections to Other M
>QTE mechanics and forced handholding features ensure any possible challenge is removed
>basic features like a hard mode locked behind physical DLC
>>
>>386951067
>hard mode was already confirmed to not require it, only taking 2x damage does
Really activates the almonds.
>>
>>386951259
>basic features like a hard mode
>a hard mode
>a
Boy, it must suck not knowing how to read. Keep on sucking corporate cock and buying those bing bing wahoo amiibos!
>>
File: samusreturnscast.png (171KB, 263x565px) Image search: [Google]
samusreturnscast.png
171KB, 263x565px
>>386949730
It's because of Nintendo that a shit developer is making a good game, nigga.

Same shit with Retro when Metroid Prime was in development.
>>
>>386950327
>>386950456
As opposed to it getting bad previews?
>>
>>386950327
>games "journalists", whose jobs rely on the continued success of the games industry
Logic kind of falls apart since plenty of games get trashed. Nice attempt though, brainlet.
>>
File: kevin bayliss thumbs up.png (227KB, 468x295px) Image search: [Google]
kevin bayliss thumbs up.png
227KB, 468x295px
>>386952193
>Retro was shit before Nintendo kicked their asses into shape
>they are now on par with Rareware in terms of quality
>>
>>386953487
Depends on advertising money obviously
When publisher is cheap, game will get terrible ratings.
>>
>>386953896
You can't just pick and choose which games follow your arbitrary rules
>>
File: 2017-08-12 - 11.50.26 ~ capture.png (55KB, 418x298px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-12 - 11.50.26 ~ capture.png
55KB, 418x298px
>>386953896
Damn, I guess Sony just didn't spend enough on this early exclusive made to push their latest hardware. W-whoa...
>>
>>386950343
Are you okay, anon?
>>
File: metabee1.jpg (33KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
metabee1.jpg
33KB, 320x320px
Is this OP the epitome of autism?
>>
>>386951986
Hard Mode is unlocked by beating the game. Fusion Mode, which is simply Hardx2 with Fusion skin Mode, is Amiibo only. And you still need to beat the game first in order to unlock it with the Amiibo. As someone who doesn't care about the Fusion Suit or "lol it's the same thing but enemies do more damage and you die faster!" modes I say "Meh".
>>
>>386954223
>Sony surely spent trillions on advertising their incompetently made crap game
>also 60-70 is the proper score for such a horrible garbage game
Wait, that means that Gerstmann getting fired was just pure coincidence and had nothing to do with his negative opinion on a crap game that was heavily advertised on Gamespot
>>
>>386954071
>game sites are actually totally trustworthy
>and people saying otherwise are totally lying
>yeah
>i can totally trust those game sites,
>that gave crappy B-movie movie games 10/10 like candy
>had nothing at all to do with any marketing budget at all
>because they are paid by me and not by the game publishers
>oh wait

When you are getting something and you do not pay for it, it may simply be because you are the product.

Would you say that commercials are totally trustworthy. Do you pay to see commercials? Who is paying so that they get shown?
Do you pay to read "opinions" on games?
>>
>>386955383
It's almost as if you shouldn't be a typical /v/irgin brainlet that solely perceives things in absolutes.

whoa...
>>
>>386948806
Why wont they just make another Prime Hunters? Why, for the love of fucking god, won't they just make another Metroid Prime: Hunters?
>>
>>386956536
Or how about just make another Metroid Prime period for a real console and not another terrible fucking handheld one.
>>
>>386956536
It's called Quake
>>
>>386950362
>>386950362
Wheres webmkun

Save us from these shills!
>>
>Space Pirates looking like they did in Fusion
>GF soldiers in the suits they wore at the beginning of Fusion
>Samus has to collect "Metroid DNA" to give to the massive Chozo statue to proceed further in SR388
>the Fusion Suit has been remodeled for an extra difficulty
I can't wait for Metroid 5, I hope Sakamoto and EPD are once again working with MercurySteam on it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.