[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not trying to be one of those contrarian threads that claims

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: SI_WiiU_StarFoxZero.jpg (350KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
SI_WiiU_StarFoxZero.jpg
350KB, 1000x500px
Not trying to be one of those contrarian threads that claims a bad game is good but...

Aside from abusing All range and being a little slower, what exactly is so bad about this game? It's actually the first continuity reboot that doesn't make a me puke.
>>
I think it's a fine game, it's just too short and too much like 64 to successfully revive the series. When you're trying to do something like that, you need to go balls-to-the-wall like Kid Icarus Uprising did, not remake the original Star Fox for the fourth time.
>>
I've played it and it certainly wasn't bad. Only problem for me was that it was too short and didn't have enough boss battles. I don't get what all the commotion is about.

I didn't see anyone complain when Command released, which is the biggest shitstain of a Nintendo game I've ever seen.
>>
Shooting on rail sections are top notch
Rest range from mediocre to bad
>>
because only nintendo fuccbois bought a wii u and defend this motion controlled piece of shit.
>>
>>386943889
all the non-arwing levels are trash.
Chicken and gyrocopter can suck my ass
>>
>>386944085
>remake the original Star Fox for the fourth time.
See this is why I didn't pick up SFZ, I immediately saw the same Corneria level and figured they're remaking it after having just playing it on 3DS not too long ago. I'll eventually get it but not unless it's dirt cheap or free.
>>
>>386943889
It would have been considered good if it had come out 5 years earlier and hadn't been the fourth remake in the Star Fox series.
>>
>>386945114
>>386945121
>Muh remake

It's not a remake.... anyone who actually played it could tell you that.
>>
>>386945184
For all intents and purposes, it's SF64 except it's more linear and forces you to use shitty motion controls.

The whole thing with the black holes leading to different areas was interesting but by the time you finally start getting used to the controls, the game's already over.
>>
>>386945121
The forced motion controls would've killed it anyways.
>>
File: 1461437371867.jpg (460KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461437371867.jpg
460KB, 1280x720px
>>386943889
>Gyrocopter is shit and its inclusion is made moot after two levels so why'd they even include it?
>All-Range Mode highlights just how bad the motion controls are. Works fine on-rails, not so much there
>Boss fights take away control on the TV and force you to look at it instead of just pushing LZ to do it when/if you want to
>All boss fights are in All-Range Mode
>No Planet Solar in the Lylat SOLAR system
>Planet Venom is now the Death Star for some reason
>Only one fun level in the game, and it's ruined by fighting an On-Rails intended boss in All-Range mode
>Chicken Walker feels more like a tank than the tank does
>Using the R stick for barrel rolls is stupid
>No online multiplayer deathmatches.
>No LOCAL multiplayer deathmatches
>Framerate dips way too often
>Just a remake of 64's story because they've already exhausted all 3 possible adventures to be had with Furries in Space!
>Fox's dad is alive now I guess, unless Fox and Andross just had the exact same hallucination at the same time
>Too short for $50. 3 and a half hours to beat it my first time. Pic related is my 100% file. Shorter to 100% Zero than to play most games these days your first time
>The only memorable song is the Corneria theme the SNES one you get when you play it as SNES Arwing
>No alternate ending path or harder end boss. All runs end the same regardless of your path taken

Look at that! I managed to criticize Zero without talking about bobbing my head up and down and without complaining about no Krystal. But for real though, fuck this game. I hope Star Fox dies, or at least waits until Miyamoto dies before bringing it back.
>>
>>386946335
Oh fuck me, I didn't even mention the part where radio chatter only happens through the Gamepad speakers. For God's sake man, at the very least, make that an option!
>>
>>386946335
Actually your complaints sound pretty mild. Besides the all range mode and length they sound like nitpicks
>>
>>386946847
Little problems can add up, like a little piece of glass in your urethra
>>
>>386946847
>Pretty mild

Exactly. The game is by no means perfect, but seeing people continue to pretend it was some kind of abomination is laughable.
>>
>>386943889
Some people have a REALLY strong dislike of motion controls, touch controls, etc.
>>
>>386944130
The Star Wolf Fights are brilliant.
>>
File: Boogie2988.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Boogie2988.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>386947276
Those people look like this.
>>
>>386947387
No they weren't. They were piss easy.

>Wait for them to tail you
>Do a somersault
>Keep chasing them and shooting them until you lose them
>Repeat

No challenge whatsoever.
>>
>>386947423
No way, I've hated motion controls since the Wii, it's not because I'm disgusted by the thought of moving while playing vidya, it's just an unsatisfying control scheme
>>
>>386947259
>was some kind of abomination
Nobody said that, dipshit. It's not an offensively bad game by any stretch, but the game does literally NOTHING as good or better than any of the other games. Even the fucking 2-minute Arwing levels in Adventures had more good things to say about it than Zero.

This is inexcusable for a longtime fan-favorite series that has been pretty much dead for 10 years, not counting the 3DS port. The games should have taken steps forward with more content and progression of the story/canon, not rehash things for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>386947276
I have a REALLY strong dislike of motion controls when they're not needed.

For example, I hate SFZ because the motion controls are unnecessary and would've been fine if the game weren't built around it. On the flip side, the Trilogy version of Metroid Prime 2 is the only way I play it because motion controls make aiming easier, especially with bosses that have a lot of height and require aiming high.
>>
Honestly I loved the game precisely because of the motion controls. Pinpoint accuracy, mouse-like snap aiming and you have unrestricted aiming in all vehicles, which makes all of them fun.

In SF64, anything other than the Arwing is shit because aiming with them sucks ass.
>>
>>386948669
>In SF64, anything other than the Arwing is shit because aiming with them sucks ass.
How exactly do you have trouble with something as simple as aiming? Most enemies that are too fast to hit can easily be taken out with a smart bomb and/or the charge shot.
>>
>>386948163
Keep telling yourself that, fatass.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying really unique titles like Star Fox Zero and ARMS, with more on the way.

>>386948294
>Adventures has better rail shooting segments than Zero

Talk about downright delusional. Adventure's stages are by far the worst ones in the series.

I think the fact that you would even make a comparison like that demonstrates how you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>386949307
>Adventure's stages are by far the worst ones in the series.
No, that would be Star Fox Command's missile sections.
>>
>>386949052
But that's boring anon. Rapid firing and manually targetting/leading shit is the fun part.

The reticle movement in the landmaster is total fucking garbage in SF64.
>>
>>386950375
>Rapid firing and manually targetting/leading shit is the fun part.
Nigga please, gitting gud at charge shots and smart bombs is how you get medals for all the planets.

There's no sweeter moment than when you go on Easy Path Venom on Hard Mode and take out 15-20 enemies at once with one well placed smart bomb.
>The reticle movement in the landmaster is total fucking garbage in SF64.
It's made up by the fact that once smart bombs travel in an arc that allows you to take out large clusters of enemies from afar. It's one of the reasons why shooting the train on Macbeth was such a treat.
>>
>>386950619
Charge shots and bombs for multi-kills is how you get the medals, you're right. But pinpoint fire with the lasers is how you get the fun, IMO. At least it's the most satisfying/best feeling way to kill shit for me.

But maybe you disagree, that's OK too anon.
>>
>>386943889
>make a me
get out of here mario
>>
>>386950829
>IMO
Okay, and that's your opinion.

I prefer mowing down waves of enemies at one time but I'll admit that mashing the A button during Area 6 against those top things and the battleships is pretty satisfying.
>>
>>386945743
Welcome to Platinum Games.
>>
>>386945743
>by the time you finally start getting used to the controls, the game's already over
.>>386951830 didn't quote properly
>>
>>386951879
I disagree.

Bayonetta 1+2 felt like the perfect length for what they were trying to be and the controls were simple enough to where you didn't really need more time to figure shit out beyond what was presented in the tutorial.

SF0 on the other hand has a way steeper learning curve when you first play it due to the fact that you're expected to divide your attention between what's on your TV and what's on your gamepad.

If it pulled a Kid Icarus: Uprising where the first parts of the game were an extended tutorial section to get you used to the game before throwing you into the actual game, I'd be more receptive of it. As it stands though, it's like waiting an hour to go on a roller coaster and the ride stops just before you crest over the first hill.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.