[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games have you beaten more than once and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: mgr doug.png (355KB, 648x720px) Image search: [Google]
mgr doug.png
355KB, 648x720px
What games have you beaten more than once and why?
>>
>>386939638
i've beaten halo 3 hundreds of time

the campaign is enjoyable and there's always something new to fuck around with each time i play it.
>>
>>386939638
Tons of games.
VTMB
Shinobi
SWAT 4
Shit now i have to reinstall SWAT 4 thanks loser.
>>
>>386939638
Hello Douglath.
Take a seat Douglath.
>>
>>386939638
Cave Story
Spyro the Dragon
Your pic
>>
I play OoT once a year because I like it.
>>
Usually once a year:

Bayonetta
Chrono Trigger
Metroid Prime
Mario RPG
Dark Souls
Doom if you count mods (in which case it's like, monthly).
>>
Dark Souls because you can experiment a ton with certain classes which makes each playthrough different

MGR because NG+ is hilarious
>>
>>386940502
>MGR because NG+ is hilarious
How so?
>>
>>386940520
You can get wigs that give you certain properties, like unlimited Ripper Mode. Running through the game with that wig is hilarious since you can one-shot most enemies and turn them into chunks.

Playing through the game normally is still fun, though.
>>
>>386940612
huh.

guess I shouldn't have uninstalled, especially now that I want to replay it on a higher difficulty, oops.
>>
File: 1472857982120.jpg (38KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
1472857982120.jpg
38KB, 600x423px
Ape Escape, even though it offers no challenge to me anymore I enjoy the runthrough every single time and still do. The music and stage design probably carries it hard.

I beaten other games more than once (Lunar Silver Star Story, Star Ocean II, Rune Factory games, Boktai etc) because I like them but nothing nearly near the amount of reruns through Ape Escape.
>>
>>386940649
It's an amazing game, probably one of my favourites of all time.

Sucks that Konami are doing the things they're doing now, though. If they'd just make a sequel that improved upon the original I'm sure it'd make a ton of money.
>>
>>386939638
Fire Emblem Fates, one playthrough for each difficulty and each path besides Normal (ie six). Dunno, guess I wanted to try using every unit at least once.
>>
>>386939638
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
It's fun
>>
Dishonored 1 and 2 for that High Chaos/Low Chaos
>>
I usually sometimes replayed the entirety of AoM's campaign as well as its expansion at least every 1-2 years, but Extended Edition left a bad taste.

Otherwise Metroid Zero Mission had some serious replay value.
>>
>>386941383
>but Extended Edition left a bad taste.
Why's that?
>>
>>386939638
Street Fighter 2010. This game is just perfect, solid bosses and levels with great variety, also doing 1 life runs is just satisfying.
Power Blade II as well, game is just dope, I like the aesthethic and different power suits that let you cheese some levels.
Contra and Super C are self-explanatory, but I'd add Contra Hard Corps as much more replayed one. DIfferent characters with multiple branching paths, also game is a blast to play anyway.
Fallout, doing charismatic intelligent run, realistic me run (strength on 4, if I remember, additional points putting in luck) and dumb melee dude (int on 1, never expanding with perk to talk normally with people), just to fuck with gameplay. I still need to do female spy/thief one.
Silent Hill 2, because many endings and different puzzles with higher difficulty settings.
Shadowman, I've played it a long time ago on PC but never found all dark souls, replayed some time ago on N64 to see differences in quality (game suprisingly holds up with Expansion pack, even framerate is good)
Gothic for comfiness and different camps.
MGS for PSX extras (I played PC version and it lacked some effects, like Psycho Mantis boogaloo)
Legend, Captain America and SMW on SNES, mainly because I didn't have anything else at the time.
GTAIII and Mafia, mainly because first time I had a shitty PC and it ran like shit.
There's probably more
>>
>>386941576
real retro kind of guy, huh.
>>
>>386941416
Forgotten Empires fucked up the balancing of Tale of the Dragon and Skybox fucked up on the technical end of implementing it into the game, caused all kinds of bugs and even after a year later it's practically abandoned for continued support of AoE II HD and the upcoming AoE I re-release.

Though not as big of a complaint, it's also harder to make out units when you zoom further out with how it handles lighting.
>>
>>386939638
mass effect 1&2 about 14 times per game
3 like twice
>>
>>386941576
YOU PRESS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNN

TO ATTACK diagonally-up
>>
>>386941643
I'm 28, most of these games I've played when they were popular. Steam was non-existent, buying a game was an achievement, and pirating a game was difficult since internet in my country was scarce.
I'd like to replay some newer games, like DX:HR, but I can't get enough time for it. It's easier to beat NES game in one hour than sit through 20+ hour adventure I've already beaten.
>>
>>386939638
>FF XIII trilogy
because I love it and always I can find new way to complete it and story is fun
>Warcraft III
same
>>
>>386941576
Wow, everything on there is hyper shit.
Play some fucking Souls you cretin.
>>
File: Ccu91COWIAEOgZ3.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ccu91COWIAEOgZ3.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
Gravity Rush 1. The original, and then the Remaster. 100% both times. I just fucking love the game - the mobility, the world, the music etc.

Bayonetta. On PS3, then on Wii U, then on PC. Counting different difficulties as different playthroughs, about 7 playthroughs total. The combat just feels fucking great.

Super Mario 64. No idea how many times, though it has been a while since the last time. It's probably the game I know most intimately so it feels nice to just go back to it and do everything purely from memory.
>>
>>386941767
The thing is if you continue to hold down and press attack rapidly, it changes to combo with forward attacks too, it's just a misconception. AVGN is a character, don't take everything seriously.
>>
>>386941973
Finished Demon's Souls for the first time two months ago, I'm thinking about grinding the achievements, but it'll take too much time.
>>
San Andreas and WC3 yearly. Swear I have more fun with them then any newer games.
>>
>>386939638
I've beaten Bloodborne at least ten times and done every chalice dungeon on like 5 different characters, I just love everything about the game and never get tired of it. I've also beaten DaS 1 probably even more times but I don't like it quite as much. I replay Silent Hill 1-3 once a year.
>>
>>386941661
thanks asshole now I have to install this game again.
>>
>>386942303
I don't have DeS but the achievements for Dark Souls 1 and 2 aren't really that hard to get. Maybe they're different, though.
>>
>>386943190
If there's a DaS2 achievement involving Fume Knight then yes there is at least one hard achievement to get.
>>
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Crash Team Racing
Spyro
Spyro 2
Dino Crisis 2
Ape Escape
Syphon Filter
ReVolt
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon Diamond
Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Adventure
Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank 2
Ratchet & Clank 3
Jak & Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3
SSX Tricky
Maximo Vs. The Army of Zin
Transformers (Prelude to Energon)
Halo 3
Gears of War 2
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

These are all games I've beaten 4+ times. I don't tend to replay games as much as I used to when I was younger.
>>
>>386943231
That's not really difficult to get in theory, though. Just beat a boss.

Outside of story/boss achievements, all you have to do is find all the covenants, fully upgrade weapons of all types, find all the rare weapons, and find all the spells. They're all easily doable with a guide.

Again, not sure if it's the same for DeS.
>>
>>386943190
There's grinding for materials to get best weapons in all categories (about 14 I think), also to get all weapons, rings, miracles etc. I read you have to get world tendency to pure white/pure black which is a pain when playing online, since it depends how well other players are doing. I'd have to do complete playthrough again from step 1, but in offline mode. Also, I still have 30 hours clocked in DaS and DaS2 waiting for it's turn. Not really into replaying them all anyway.
>>
File: 1444434244451.png (493KB, 456x684px) Image search: [Google]
1444434244451.png
493KB, 456x684px
>>386939638
Every Platinum game I've played
The entire Gears of War trilogy
Most Zelda games
Dong Freeze (I actually did a 200% clear on 2 different NNIDs)
Hollow Knight, actually most Metroidvanias now that I come to think of it

I've replayed too many games to count, it's usually to try out a higher difficulty or go for a 100% file or a speedrun.
>>
>>386943357
>Pokemon Silver
>Pokemon Gold
>Pokemon Crystal
All three versions separately, 4+ times?
>>
>>386943524
They're more time consuming to get than difficult, yeah. I don't mind that, but I can see why it'd get annoying.
>>
>>386943627
I've done it with Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
>>
Dragon's Trap.
I played normal mode and had fun, so I played hard mode and 100%ed it.
Cave Story for true ending.
Ape Escape 3 because it's fun and there are modest gender specific changes.
Fire Emblem Awakening for muh perfect children. Regret this one a lot.
Dragon Quest 9 because I wanted to experience it again and to play multiplayer with a friend who never followed through.
Metal Slug 3 for secrets.
Pokemon Soulsilver to try Chikorita. Ended up boxing my starter.

That's all from the top of my head.
>>
>>386941576
I played the shit out of Legend when I was a kid.
>>
>>386943627
I usually play through all 3 with each starter once and then do a run without a starter. The only reason I didn't do it with other generations is because I didn't have the games. I also have 2 copies of Pokemon Silver. One has a "GS" logo on the front of it. No idea if there's a difference between the two, it was my cousins cartridge so I've never deleted the save on that one or progressed with it. He had all sorts on it like Blissey and Umbreon and at the time I never knew how to get them so I just kept it as was and occasionally booted it up to admire his collection.
>>
>>386943979
>Fire Emblem Awakening for muh perfect children
oh man, you don't need that like, at all, game's perfectly beatable even with (some of) the adults.

must have been pretty painful.
>>
>>386943357
>>386943979
Forgot Borderlands 2, got Gaige, Krieg, Maya, and Salvador up to OP 8 and geared them all up.
Raids were worth it.
>>
File: Touhoumon #115.png (677KB, 1352x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Touhoumon #115.png
677KB, 1352x1412px
Touhoumon, like, 10 or so versions of it.
>>
>>386939638
Is playing a game more than once supposed to be unusual or something?
>>
>>386944337
Well first of all the game has to be good and replayable, not many of those nowadays.
>>
>>386944416
>not many of those nowadays.
I've played a ton of recent games that are like that
>>
File: IMG_1307.png (118KB, 758x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1307.png
118KB, 758x426px
I've got a handful of games that I play once a year at random, like all three DKCs back to back and SMW, and a LOT that I get a random craving for. Re-did Double Dash a month ago because I couldn't sleep.
>>
>>386944645
Well GOOD for you, want a fucking medal? Geez.
>>
>>386939638
i've beaten halo ce and halo 3 many times just because its fun to do coop with a friend.

i've beaten dark souls twice, but started a new game like 10 times just because i like fucking around with new characters.

i've beaten metroid zero mission many, many times just because i think its really fun and would play it a lot on car trips as a kid
>>
>>386944645
Like?
>>
>>386939638
Most of the video games I play. These days I'm playing Tactics Ogre: LUCT, I beat that one 2 times already.
A while back I was playing Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2, I beat that one like 4 times.
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, 4 times.
Final Fantasy V, 6 times. Some of the other FF games, several times as well.
Resident Evil 4, no fucking idea, probably about a dozen times because I wouldn't stop playing it back in the day. Same thing for the first three MGS games and Castlevania SOTN. Same thing for DMC1, 3 and 4 as well.
I'll be here all day if I keep going. Replaying games is pretty much all I do most of the time, I play maybe two new games a year. Don't ask me why, most of the time I just don't feel like playing something new. Maybe it's the ass sandwiches or whatever they call it.
>>
KH2 and the .hack//GU series.
I dunno why, but every time I replay .hack, I autistically marathon it for a month straight. Something about it is just addicting.
>>
I can 100% Jak and Daxter in a few hours ez
>>
>>386939638
Resident evil 4 at least 40 times
just for the sweet graphics and heads popping, very satisfying and the boss battles where all very cool.
the game always changed and threw you a curve ball just as you thought you had seen the worst.
>>
>>386939638
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, beat them twice on the PS2, once on the PS3, and once more on the PS4.
>>
>>386939638
I used to complete Might and Magic 7 and 8 yearly.
>>
>>386943357
>Bloodborne
Question: Will getting any one of the endings instantly put you in NG+?
>>
>>386939638
VtM:B, because it's just so gosh darn fun.
Tenchu 2, because it's just so gosh darn fun.
Morrowind, because it's just so gosh darn fun.
Crash 1-3, because they're just so gosh darn fun.
Prototype, because it's just so gosh darn fun.
Metal Gear Solid 1-3, because they're just so gosh darn fun.
Final Fantasies VIII and X, because they're just so gosh darn fun.
>>
File: The Warriors_20160821232449.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Warriors_20160821232449.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
Literally never stops being fun when you play co-op.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.