[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was the Golden Era of Vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1200px-SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg (52KB, 1200x623px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg
52KB, 1200x623px
Maybe even the best console
>simple yet colorful graphics
>controls simplistic w/o being limiting
>Link to the Past
>Chrono Trigger
>Super Metroid
>DK Country
>Earthbound
>Castlevania IV
>FF IV
>FF VI
>Mega Man X
>F-Zero
>Kirby
>Street Fighter
>Mortal Kombat
>So many more

Convince me otherwise
>>
Nah you're right
>>
>>386938978
Close, but no cigar. The MD/Genesis defined the golden era. SNES was almost as good though.
>>
>looking at 6 pixels and beep boop sounds
Nah fuckthat. PS1-2 were better
>>
>>386940193
I got the ps1 first but jesus, on the gameplay side snes totally crush the ps1. (And the n64 in my opinion).
The first 3d games weren't really that great and age like milk while you can still play a link to the past and get the same feel from the first day of launch.
>>
>>386939965
what did the Genesis have that the SNES didn't, PDWT? Anything the Genesis got the SNES at least got an equivalent of other than Sonic. Meanwhile the SNES had Chrono Trigger, LttP, SMW, FF VI, Secret of Mana, Mario Kart, the DKC games, DOOM without extra bullshit needed, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV which beats the shit out of Bloodlines, and Starfox. SNES beat the shit out of Genesis. The only thing the Genesis accomplished was forcing Nintendo to up their game thanks to competition.
>>
>>386938978
It's easy to think that way and alot of ways I agree with you but you listed only rpgs, platformers and fighting games.
SNES didn't have rts or 3d shooters, those came later.
Also SNES was pretty much locked to 2d, and that narrowed the collection.
>>
>>386938978
>implying anyone played earthbound before the meme
>>
>>386938978
>nostalgiafags
>>
File: LoM_Lake.jpg (48KB, 638x445px) Image search: [Google]
LoM_Lake.jpg
48KB, 638x445px
>>386938978
While definitely true I think PS1 opened up the technological front a lot more with 3D, pre-rendered backgrounds, etc while keeping the costs and development approachable enough for devs.
>>
>>386938978
>Doesn't even mention BoF but lists that FFVI shit
It was good, but the PS1 did more.
>>386942306
This.
>>
>>386941715
The MD had everything the SNES had and more. It had better action games (with FAR less slowdown), it had better multiplayer games, it had better and more SRPGs (especially in the West).
>>
>>386941715
More/better arcade ports in general, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Streets of Rage, Contra Hard Corps, Crusader of Centy, Chakan, Rocket Knight, Castle of Illusion, Thunder FUCKING Force, also fuck off Bloodlines was fucking great
>>
File: 1357519172353.jpg (18KB, 390x273px) Image search: [Google]
1357519172353.jpg
18KB, 390x273px
>mfw I was that kid who had both a SNES and a Genesis so the console wars were irrelevant to me
>>
>>386942783
I had both of them too but I still can say that one was better than the other (even though both were great).
>>
>>386942862
But there's no reason to compare them since we can easily access and play all games ever released on both systems forever
>>
>>386940193
>PS2
I mean you can at least make that argument, but when you really line up all the pros and cons, you can-
>PS1
Pffffhahahahahaha
>>
>>386942620
Arcade ports yes and probably sports games yes, but I don't think there are real equivalents to both Zelda: A Link to the Past AND Super Metroid.
>>
>>386944298
Just because you don't know shit about Genesis doesn't mean it's not there.

> I don't think there are real equivalents to both Zelda: A Link to the Past
Crusader of Centy

>Super Metroid.
Monster World IV
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.