[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could this game ever be pulled off correctly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Could this game ever be pulled off correctly?
>>
>>386931984
Yes, but it would take some effort and companies don't want that kind of hassle.

Just make it about killing scary creepy crawlies
>>
>>386931984
as a vr game in the style of werewolves within, only if you guess wrong you get eaten alive from a first person perspective
>>
>>386932063
I was thinking VR, with voice chat that only covers a certain distance. That way when someone manages to separate you from the group and fuck your shit they can't start autistically screaming about which player is The Thing.
>>
File: tumblr_mttka8SuNf1rmtayeo9_1280.png (780KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mttka8SuNf1rmtayeo9_1280.png
780KB, 853x480px
I think it has really good potential to be like a multiplayer whodunit.

Like one player is a thing and the others have to find put
>>
>>386931984
Is this the game where they panic and kill themselves and all that?
>>
>>386931984
The SC custom map was prob the best iteration of it
>>
>>386932425
Yes. That, or turn into Things out of the blue when your guard is down.
>>
>>386931984
this game was pretty fun doe. AI could have been done better
>>
>>386932495
Is it multiplat? or is it just PS2?
>>
Involving other people in any way could be disastrous as people can just fuck up a whole game just for the sake of it. Just look at the internet for reference.

You'd either have to be extremely limiting of interactions, but I feel this could downplay the paranoia angles a lot, or have very crafty AI.

Ultimately a scenario like the movie would be pretty hard to do, at least getting the right suspense down. The game however felt fine for a budget tie-in of a movie that came out literally two decades before it.
>>
>>386932545
yeah. it's on PC as well, no idea if it runs well/at all on modern systems though
>>
>>386932148
VR games suck ass, it's not worth limiting their cult audience down to a few people with expendable income.

You could achieve the same thing with a freelook button(s) a la ARMA, or tracking software support.
>>
>>386932637
Thanks, i'll get it
>>
File: IDDUNNIT.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IDDUNNIT.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
>>386931984
I'd imagine it would be like the 'Who Dun It' WAD for Zandronum, a multiplayer Doom source port. One player is the murderer and players have to find out who it is, all are named after their currently-chosen color.
>>
>>386932545
There was an original xbox version as well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.