[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play this shit or just wait for Nomura's trainwreck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_9760.jpg (34KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9760.jpg
34KB, 250x248px
Should I play this shit or just wait for Nomura's trainwreck?
>>
>>386931072
Everyone should play that shit. FF7 is a 'must play' for any well-rounded gamer.
>>
Play it so you have a comparison.
>>
>>386931072
As a great fan of the game who played it on release I don't think that people who haven't experienced it back then will find it all that special.

the fact that it was more or less the first of it's kind when it came out 20 years ago is a huge factor. That being said, the game is still a classic.

However if you do plan on playing the new one I don't see why you would bother playing the original. That way you won't be able to tell how much they fucked up at the very least.
>>
90% of FF7's good side is its prerendered visuals. These will be extremely different in the remake. Play the original. On a PS1. At native res.
>>
File: 1493632297008.jpg (42KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493632297008.jpg
42KB, 400x600px
>>386931072
FF7 is arguably the best JRPG ever. The only real contender is Chrono Trigger.

The remake is assumedly going to be crap like all modern FF. Everyone should play FF7 at least once, so they know just how good JRPGs can be when done right.
>>
>>386931294
>the fact that it was more or less the first of it's kind when it came out 20 years ago is a huge factor.
What?
>>
>>386931072
Yes. just so you can appreciate the fact that there's next to no games that uses random encounters anymore.
>>
>>386931352
I was referring to the huge jump in hardware,story telling and visuals amongst other things when you compare it to FFVI or maybe some of the earlier PS1 games also.
>>
>>386931072
Its not the best game ever. The Combat is fun, but navigating the "Shit on a canvas" Backgrounds is annoying as fuck. (especially since you have to use the ass d pad) And you'll have to grind. And sometimes the game tells you fuck all where to go and you will have to look up a walkthrough.

Overall though, the game is preddy gud. 7/10
>>
>>386931553
The only thing you have to grind for are the Weapons that are completely voluntary content.
>>
File: Cloud_CG.jpg (77KB, 640x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_CG.jpg
77KB, 640x1067px
>>386931072
Play it then play the Remake
>>
>>386931294
I played a few months ago for the first time, it's still great.
>>
this game properly emulatable?
>>
>>386931857
Use Retroarch with the Beetle PSX core. The game doesn't upscale well because of the backgrounds so don't bother with that.
>>
>>386931294
>the fact that it was more or less the first of it's kind when it came out
>Final Fantasy fucking 7
The SNES games games did story-telling just as well, the only way 7 was at all the first of its kind is that it made use of pre-rendered backgrounds and that's really nothing impressive.
>>
>>386931927
Name 3D grand-scale JRPG adventures that came before FF7.
>>
>>386931782
>unironically posting nu-cloud pictures
>>
>>386931927
>>386931352
He meant it's the first of its kind by being the first game to add so many mini games.
>>
>>386931983
>nu-cloud
That's just Cloud. That's what he looked like in the original.
>>
>>386931927
You shoulda read the replies before posting. It's clearly stated that it was "first" mostly based on the generational jump it had made.

>>386932026
I lol'ed. Undisputable fact.
>>
>>386931072
I started playing this game for the first time this week. NEVER PLAYED FF7 BEFORE (at best maybe played the very first hour on emulator to test that it works).

I'm 20 hours in aand.. I guess it's ok. The beginning was pretty interesting but after the Shinra HQ things are just kinda happening. Also the game has NOT aged well though.

I think all these people who praise that FF7 is the best game ever should use the small print of "best game ever for its time".
>>
>>386931553
The game gives you plenty of direction, the problem is autistic children who don't read and retain any of the information the game presents to them.
>>
>>386932194
A common complain is the story dropping off after Midgar/Kalm. Hopefully the first part of the remake is just Midgar, so the city is fleshed out.
>>
>>386932194
To answer you question, I think you should play the original. I can imagine the remake will very different game and will provide very different experience.
>>
File: Cloud-FFVIIArt.png (181KB, 456x544px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud-FFVIIArt.png
181KB, 456x544px
>>386932043
This is the original Cloud, you blasphemer.

Only the original FF7 is legit lore as well. The rest of the games/movies/animes were rushed out there just to make money, so they don't count.
>>
>>386931324
*cough* Mother 3
>>
>>386931143

Reddit. Go back.
>>
>Nomura will never retcon AC and get rid of emo Cloud
>There's a high chance that the remake is going to change him into emo Cloud for the whole game
>>
>>386931553
>And you'll have to grind
What.
Grinding ruins the game by making it ridiculously easy. I ground for limit breaks at the train track, and was then one shotting practically everything up until the downed ship
>>
>>386932194
>The beginning was pretty interesting but after the Shinra HQ things are just kinda happening
That's exactly how I felt. I've heard the fan re-translation fixes the story a bit.
>>
>>386932789
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fantasy-vii-remake-main-story-voice-recording-almost-complete
>Fans may have the image of the Cloud from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, but since this is the ‘prime’ Cloud from before Advent Children, the performance may feel fresh.
>>
>>386932194
The story gets entirely derailed from Midgard after Sephiroth shows up; midgard is essentially "chapter 1"
>>
>>386932858
I'm using the fan translation. No idea how good it is as I haven't compared it to the original english script or the japanese script but so far I'm following the plot even if it's a bit wonky.
>>
>>386932947
oh, well they're doing something right
>>
>>386931143
FF7 is not a good game by today's standards. It's only worth visiting for historical reasons. I have no idea why people still find it to be so great.
>>
>when the first trailer comes out and /v/ hears Aerith's name
>>
>>386931072
FF7 is causal normie shit. Go play FF4, FF6 or FF9
>>
Name 3 good aspects of FF VII, I am waiting
>>
>>386933108
Yeah man, the laws of causality are totally overrated, play incoherent shit instead.

>>386933035
Like all the classic FF games, its true worth only appears to the minds of children. The atmosphere, the music, the creative world that fills the imagination, the cool monsters and characters, those are the things that captured people around the world, not the gameplay.

That's why people who still buy modern FF games as adults are a joke.
>>
File: FF7.png (51KB, 289x115px) Image search: [Google]
FF7.png
51KB, 289x115px
>never played a JRPG before 2 years ago
>see FF7 released on Steam, buy it to see what the big deal about it being "one of the best games of all time"
>pic related
It's one of the best game's i've ever played
Blue Dragon is pretty fucking good too
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.