[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everything do so little damage to you in this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Why does everything do so little damage to you in this game? Ganondorfs energy attack only does 1 heart. Out of 20. what the fuck?
>>
File: 1488298954410.png (214KB, 541x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488298954410.png
214KB, 541x320px
>>386926375
>Anonymous 08/12/17(Sat)02:55:45 No.38692
>Ganondorfs energy attack only does 1 heart. Out of 20
>>
Damage scaling in 3D Zelda in general was fucked until like Skyward Sword, and even then only because of Hero Mode, which was then retroactively added to the HD remasters of WW and TP to surprisingly pleasant effect. Honestly, the classic implementation of the heart mechanic, including heart drops, was just broken in these games. If they aren't gonna fix the damage scaling (and it seems like they've gotten better with that too since TP HD) then rebalancing that mechanic was the way to go. Also nerfing fairies but that was mostly an issue for the N64 games.
>>
It was quite literally designed so that young children could finish the game. It wasn't aiming for the dark souls audience.
>>
>>386926375
It's an early 3D game so I just don't think they expected people to have any sort of competence at avoiding attacks or finding Heart Pieces.

Hell maybe they were on to something, because I still know people who have never beaten this game.
>>
>>386926375
Go back to dark souls
>>
Except all the other zeldas before it were significantly harder.
>>
File: 1481953607348.jpg (98KB, 590x595px) Image search: [Google]
1481953607348.jpg
98KB, 590x595px
It was made for babies, OP.
>>
>>386927090
meant for you:
>>386926795
>>
>>386926375
actually it does 3
>>
>>386927148
Thats still way too low.
>>
>>386926819

I'll admit the game challenged me when I first played it but I was also 8 at the time. Even then, fairy cheesing ensured that I rarely, if ever saw a game over screen.
>>
>>386927219
compared to what, your expectations as someone who clearly never actually played it
>>
>>386927267
I literally just beat it like 20 minutes ago faglord.
>>
>>386927370
your memory is pretty awful then my man

OoT doesn't have difficult combat by any stretch but you don't have to go around lying to prove that point
>>
>>386927409
Ganons energy blast was hitting me for 1.5 hearts. And i have 20. I say this with 100% certainty.
>>
>>386927483
you had the great fairy armor increase and act like having max hearts by the end is the norm. congrats on playing through a great game just to feel better than other people but hopefully you look back on it with fond memories. Zelda has never been as good since. MM is worth playing though
>>
>>386927591
>Zelda has never been as good since
Ah ok youre a retarded nostalgiafaggot. Opinon discarded. Go back to your gamefaqs circle jerk.
>>
>>386927686
lol I'll humor you, what game since OoT do you think is better. please say BotW I need a good belly laugh
>>
>>386927090
ALttP was baby easy with fairies out the wazoo. If /v/ wants to cling to "the first casualized game in the series means it turned to shit" theory that it pegs on games like Resident Evil and Castlevania, they should be lambasting ALttP as the worst game in the series.
>>
>>386927738
Gamefaqs is that way
---------------------------------->
>>
>>386927986
yeah but I stopped voting in their polls when I turned 12 about 14 years ago. what's your excuse for having shit taste?
>>
>>386927910
*not to mention MGS

I can direct you guys to some romhacks if you really need your special snowflake sensibilities satisfied
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.