[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MY BROTHERS. Welcome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_6923.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6923.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
Is anyone else happy that we're living in the best timeline possible for gaming?

Or perhaps, it's better to say that we've returned to a better timeline. When the holy trinity Sega/Sony/Nintendo ruled benevelently over us all. Before Microsoft corrupted the very fabric of the gaming industry with their online payments and faulty hardware construction.

Is This just a temporary respite where we revel in nostalgia and take a chance to introduce the next gen to the what the classics were like, or could it possibly be a precursor for a true golden age, one where Microsoft gets to sit out until they've learnt their place and the rest of the industry looks to quality being the name of game over quantity and outside shine
>>
File: whitepeople.png (1MB, 1229x1229px) Image search: [Google]
whitepeople.png
1MB, 1229x1229px
I feel like the industry is coming full circle and we are going back to "simple fun" type games because everyone got burnt out on the super-serious themed games.

Its a cycle, it will come and go just enjoy it while it lasts.

Now if xbox would just die off then banjo can go back to nintendo and then everything will be perfect.
>>
>we live in an era where Crash is good again, Sonic finally gets another 2D platformer and Mario's upcoming game will be a true successor to 64 and Sunshine.

Feels so good man.
>>
>Crash
>even remotely as iconic as sonic and mario
No, the only reason he is popular is because it's the only platformer ponies had when they made the awful choice of buying an Emoji The Movie console.
>>
Crash has only gotten good remakes. Whether the series can actually return to quality outside of that remains to be seen.
>>
>>386921247
This is just the last gasp. You'll see. There really is no going back to the old days.
>>
>>386921247
>Nostalgia and over inflated ego the post.
>>
>>386923112
Spotted the AntFag. Come back when anthem comes out and is a bigger disappointment than Destiny.
>>
>>386921247
>people exist who talk like this

I think vidya is great right now too but holy damn man
>>
And don't forget bubsy is back too!!!!
>>
File: 1434753019871.png (5KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434753019871.png
5KB, 500x500px
>>386922479
I do agree that Crash is not nearly as iconic nor did it leave such a big mark as Sonic or Mario, but this is clearly a bait post so whatever I'm already in this deep.
Most people are excited for Crash because it's either
1. What they played when they were a kid
2. What people older than them or what nerds played while they were being chads in High School and they get to go back and brag about how they played Crash now that it's not uncool to play video games

Honestly Crash is just a simple, fun game. It's not quite as grandiose as the other two by any means. But it's still a game of a bygone era that Sony and Microsoft just stopped caring about. That they went back and recreated the games in such faithful detail is a sign of better things to come, if nothing else. Like, maybe Knack 2 won't be completely stale derivative garbage like the first one was.

Not holding my breath but it's a thought.
>>
File: here comes pac-man.jpg (45KB, 724x800px) Image search: [Google]
here comes pac-man.jpg
45KB, 724x800px
Pac-Man is 37 years old. He's divorced, and he's got diabetes. He lost his job ages ago and spent a good part of his late 20's and mid 30's moping in the house doing nothing. Pac-Man lives off the quarters he gets from the original arcade game, re-releases, and the occasional remix using his CG likeness. He has a son and a daughter that have grown up, left the house, and grown apart from him. Neither respect him anymore, neither have any desire to be a part of his life. About 10 years ago, the missus got bored, fed up, and left him. I think she's married to that guy from Doom now. Pac-Man's an icon, yes, but only for his first game. When people think Pac-Man they think the original arcade game, Pac-Man as an icon is a one hit wonder. But even then his ex-wife's version is seen as the superior game. Sure he has some sequels, some of them decent and some with a cult following, but he never managed to adapt with the times, reinvent himself, and continue to reach new highs, like good ol Jumpman did. When people think Mario they think DK, SMB, MK64, SM64, SMB3, SMW, SMG. But Pac-Man is just famous for 1980 Pac-Man. When the big wigs Bamco decided to try and bring Pac back, they didn't even call the original dot muncher himself. They just hired some doe-eyed kid off the streets. You may think Pac-Man is bent out of shape over all this, and for a while he was, but after that recent guest spot in Smash, he doesn't care anymore. Sure he just sits around eating dots and watching cowboy movies, but when he goes out he's enjoying when all the kids, adults, and old folks alike recognize him, he's enjoying the fact that he is fucking Pac-Man. No matter how irrelevant his brand becomes, or how shitty the new installments of his series will be, or how obscure his sequels are, he will always be an icon up there with Mario, without even having to try. Maybe he'll make a real comeback someday, maybe he won't, but people will always play the original Pac-Man, he will always be fine.
>>
>>386921247
Mario is the only good one. Sonic has been shit for years and crash is not a new game
>>
>>386924467
>""good""
>Nu Super Mario fuck U
>Mediocre as fuck 3D World
>"""Paper Mario""" Color Shit
>Mario & Rabbids meme
yeah right
haven't been a good mario game since Galaxy 2
>>
>>386925317
Yep. Hence the "Mario is finally back" attitude. Odyssey is all that matters.
>>
File: 1410287794864.jpg (43KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
1410287794864.jpg
43KB, 300x281px
>>386921247
>Putting Crash on the same level as Mario and Sonic
>>
>>386921580
Its crazy to go back to the original xbox. It had a nuts library, and the bone is just trash. I miss 5th gen, but handhelds are great at least.
>>
>>386921247
Sony itself was never good, it was all the third party support they had by being cooperative which Nintendo always sucked at. Sony itself always made trash except for like... Ape Escape and the Japan Studio games for the most part. Even Microsoft has a better track record than they do in first party content. I say this as the PS1 is my favorite console... because of the amazing third party games on it. The console itself broke down like a million times too.
>>
>>386925523
>Odyssey is all that matters
>>FLUUD hat
>>Mario isn't human
>>New Dong City

Shit's gonna be garbo, Mario as a metahuman is the dumbest fucking shit.
>>
People who grew up on fun colourful games are now the gaming industry.

It's going to be bad when the little shits who grew up on Call of Duty and Overwatch run the industry so I'll enjoy this for as long as I can.
>>
File: 1498946340743.jpg (49KB, 680x621px) Image search: [Google]
1498946340743.jpg
49KB, 680x621px
>>386921247
Makes me happy, loved Crash, and this was my first time playing them. Sonic Mania looks incredible, regardless of the shitposters, and Mario Odyssey also looks amazing. Jury's out on Sonic Forces, I could see that being shit or good. I really need to see more than what they've shown, let us know it isn't as brain dead as those early levels look.

This year also sees Shovel Knight getting it's final updates, A Hat In Time, The Wonderboy 3 remake was this year and Monster Boy I believe still is too. Hollow Knight was awesome, and I really fucking like Mighty Gunvolt Burst. Only real let down so far was Yooka Laylee. Good year for platformers.
>>
>>386925759
I never thought about it, but sony has no games
Never knew about that until now
>>
>>386921247

To be fair Microsoft is doing it too with Sea and Theives and Crackdown 3
>>
File: New Donker.png (332KB, 514x929px) Image search: [Google]
New Donker.png
332KB, 514x929px
>>386925768
Of course Mario is human. New Donkers are actually stylized too. To us, they would look more like this.
>>
>>386926498
Neither of those are doing it for me.
>>
>>386922631
It won't
>>
>>386925317
>NSMBU was a rehashed garbage
It's literally the best of the New Super Mario Bros. games.
>>
>>386929450
The level design is a big step down from NSMBW. Koopaling fights aren't as good. The new power up isn't as good as NSMBW's either. Baby Yoshis are a shitty gimmick. It's worse.
>>
File: 1500242762034.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500242762034.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
>>386921247
tfw good platformers are coming back devs who abandoned them will be forced to bring back long forgotten favorites if they want to keep up
>>
>>386925317
This would be an argument if mario wasn't infinitely better than crash and sonic. Mario hasn't been perfect, but compared to them it's amazing.
>>
>>386922631
To be fair twinsanity was good if it only was rushed out the door and had more dev time.
>>
>People pretending like Crash was a good series.
>>
>>386929854
>To be fair twinsanity was good
To be fair it isn't.
>>
>>386925759
HA.
>>
Crash was honestly never that good and I seriously don't see how that series can make an actual come back with solid games that aren't the overrated PS1 games. Hell even the remake was botched in places.
>>
File: 1497200532922.png (113KB, 666x656px) Image search: [Google]
1497200532922.png
113KB, 666x656px
15 years of tears and endless insecurity from jap cocksuckers. Xbox will be the last man standing and your tears will be as delicious then as they are now.
>>
>>386925768
>>FLUDD hat
how is this a bad thing? it's not intrusive and fits well
>>Mario isn't human
Mario is human, just like how Yoshi and the T-rex are both dinosaurs. It's not like the series hasn't had varying humans before
>>New Dong City
Cities based on New York are nothing new either
>>
>>386931313
>it's not intrusive
Can you disable the parts where it just tells you what to do instead of letting you assess your enemies and surroundings?
>>
> thread full of assblasted Crash Bandicoot deniers

Dunno exactly what he did to you, but you must really be in denial if you actually don't think Crash was right in between Sonic and Mario in terms of popularity when it was new, and just how playable and good looking those games are today despite being released in the era notorious for horrible gameplay and graphics.
>>
>>386921247
I hope the xbox brand fucking dies
>>
>x-box never got a platformer posterchild
I know they tried with Blinx. Sucks that it didn't work out for them.
>>
>>386921247
Why is Xbox the most cancerous brand in gaming?
>>
File: Hitbox.png (41KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hitbox.png
41KB, 1024x1024px
>>386931042

They won't make new Crash games just like the old games, that would just limit Crash's potential.

If you mean the graphics in the remake, they were fine for the most part. It's just the stone textures in the later levels in Crash 1 that bother me. They're way too clean. Slippery Climb is the worst remade level. Repeating squeaky clean stone texture through the entire level, disrespectfully cheery music compared to the original, and the few enemies in the level just look silly now. But overall, the games look really good.

If you mean the difficulty, then git gud. I see people's point with the pill hitbox, though, but the old hitbox wasn't perfect either. While you could safely land at the edge of objects, in some places you could accidentally jump and bump into crates and fall to your death because the top of the hitbox was flat as well. So to me, the idea hitbox would be pic related, flat at the bottom and round at the top.
>>
>>386932749

When your choice of animal main character lands on a common housepet, you know it's doomed to fail.
>>
>>386932775
They're Americans
Naturally they're cancerous
>>
>>386933220

Nuking them twice wasn't enough, huh?
>>
>>386925759
Was Parappa a first party game? That and Um Jammer Lammy were great
>>
>>386924301
No you fag! Pacman is in Smash Bros and is fighting forever.
>>
>>386925759

They were really dumb by not simply buying these up and coming developers that made good games for the PS1.
>>
>>386925768
Mario has been shown to
>destroy the Koopa Kids' castles with physical strength
>outrun cannon balls
>run up vertical surfaces without losing momentum
>survive in space and being tossed at faster than light speeds when using launch stars
>dodge meteors, that can hit Captain Toad's ship that's capable of FTL space travel, aimed directly at him
>Defeated Bowser multiple times without any gimmicks
>yet Anon complains about him being a metahuman
Fucking metahuman? Mario's never been a normal human. DK can smash the fucking moon, and Mario's on his level if not higher. Calling Mario a metahuman is an understatement.
>>
>>386929876

> people living in their own little bubble

Are you an SJW by any chance?
>>
>MML3 cancelled
>Mega Man Universe killed
>MGSV was trash and Kojimbles kicked out
>3D Castlevania killed the series for good
>Fire Emblem became Waifu Emblem
>PT killed and Konami fucked off to Pachinko
>Capcom killed fighting games
>Rare is a zombie
>Conker came back for a shitty MS little big planet machine
>Playtonic wasn't NuRare and didn't save the genre
>No new F-zero since GX
>Star Wars 1313 canceled and the franchise give to EA to make Battlefront
>Season Passes won and became the norm
>Scalebound cancelled
>DMC given to Ninja Theory to reboot then Never heard from again
>Ninja Gaiden 3 was awful

No we're still in the darkest timeline
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.