[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Sportsball Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 27

File: Pyre_Wallpaper_01.jpg (891KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pyre_Wallpaper_01.jpg
891KB, 1920x1080px
Why the hell aren't you /v/irgins talking about this game?

>Cool story, setting and characters
>Choices up the wazoo
>Addicting gameplay
>Fantastic artstyle
>High replay value

Let's talk about Pyre.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
Really?
Nothing?
>>
>>386918521
I bought it yesterday, been liking it
can't believe its still the same voice as bastion/transistor
>>
You're just too late, OP.
>>
>>386918521
How does it compare to Transistor?
>>
>>386920328
Better than Transistor IMO, might bet better than Bastion too, but I'm a bit more biased since I really digged Bastion.

>>386920135
The voice overs in these games are always great.
>>
>>386918521
I'd buy it if they give me the FLAC version of Transistor's soundtrack that I bought.
>>
>>386920328
they aren't really comparable desu

the only thing they really share is excellent painterly artstyle and a great procedurally generated soundtrack

transistor is an isometric arpg with time stop elements that conveys most of its plot through narration, whereas pyre is a party-based visual novel 3v3 space jam that places heavy emphasis on reading for lore

personally i'd rate pyre higher just because the buildup to the ending was much more poignant (transistor kind of dropped the ball regarding the kendrells, and royce, cool as he was, had pretty terrible boss ai) and the central gameplay loop is a lot more compelling
>>
>>386921256
have you emailed supergiant support? i think they were giving out .flacs for pyre if you bought the ost, i'd imagine it's the same for transistor
>>
>>386921309
I did, they didn't respond. looked for a torrent for it and nothing.
>>
>>386918521

I'm not really into the setting or the art and the gameplay is terrible.

Didn't play Transistor, but Bastion>Pyre imo.
>>
>>386921374
>not into the setting
Fair enough, I can see why some people wouldn't like it.
>not into the art
Everyone's got different tastes, that's fine.
>the gameplay is terrible
Come on man why you gotta be like that?
>>
>>386921349
hrm

alright, i was going to ask for a .flac pyre album anyway so i'll bundle a request for the .flac transistor ost as well

if they respond i'll post it
>>
is it the same shit as their other games? grumbly narrator that's trying way too hard to sound gruff, awful tumblr fantasy art with no cohesion or coherence throughout the game, boring gameplay that gives the illusion of choice but ultimately plays the same no matter what path you take to the end?

I'm not a fan of supergiant.
>>
>>386921603
>grumbly narrator trying to hard to sound gruff
The closest thing to a narrator is the announcer of the games, and he's more a pompous smugboi.

>tumblr fantasy art with no cohesion
Ehhhhhh that's your call, give some screenshots a look.

>boring gameplay that gives the illusion of choice
I personally find the 3 on 3 fantasy basketball gameplay to be really fun high pace stuff with a lot of neat strategy in it. As for choices, while some are pretty minor and just change some dialogue here or there, a lot of choices effect the stats of your party members, what ending they'll get, and how you'll continue to play the rest of the game, so I'd say the choices do have weight.
>>
>>386921787
>>386921603
Oh, and what matches you choose to play and with what people reveals different parts of the narrative too, so that's pretty neat.
>>
>>386921534
Noice.
Might be something to do with the region im in.
>>
Do ignatius and jodi get together if they both end up in the same place?
>>
>>386922612
I don't know but considering the moon girl and dog boy wind up together if they're in the same place, I think it's likely.
>>
>>386918521
The gameplay sucks. Sportsball has no depth, no difficult, and happens far too infrequently. It's a worse bannerlord
>>
>>386922950
I can only agree with you on difficulty. Game's a bit too easy at points if you have a good pairing and aren't doing a higher difficulty/titan stars. I hope they wind up bringing in a hardcore mode or something later down the line.
>>
>>386922950
>sportsball
>no depth
certainly you can run circles around the ai at lower difficulties, but they wise up once you hit the first liberation rite, and you can further buff it with the equivalent of idols/limiters

there's no single winning strategy: fast-moving dudes get beat by big auras with rushes (imps, demons), flyers get beat by nomads, and even Big Dunks Bertrude can get airblocked by enemy jumpers

only real broken thing are the fully talismans that allow for infinite stamina on a few characters
>>
>>386921603
The gameplay and narrative are quite nicely linked and have a lot of effect on eachother. The gameplay itself is fun but a bit weird, and can take some getting used to.

The narrator has a completely different voice; posh and twangy. Honestly couldn't believe it was the same voice actor.

The art is cool but if you thought bastion and transistor were incoherent or tumblery then i honestly don't know what you think is good (is it tumblr because it's pretty? Or cartoony? What is it?)
>>
>>386924053
>>only real broken thing are the fully talismans that allow for infinite stamina on a few characters
>Kae sprints to ball
>talisman gives her full stamina
>Kae sprints and jumps to enemy pyre

the stamina regen on ball pickup is super broken
>>
>dunks from half court
>>
Reminder that there are actual anons that didnt send Oralech up

I mean fuck man
>>
I'm liking it. Gameplay is enjoyable enough and the story and characters are pretty good for most of the part.

I do wonder something about the ending though. In order to get the 'best' ending for the whole commonwealth plan, do you need to send up one member of each race aside from an imp? That seems to be what Volfred has implied, but I don't see any way that'll happen in this playthrough at least. Plus Volfred and Bertrude don't really seem to mind being in the Downside anyway.
>>
>>386924340
>Sending Oralech up
I hope you made sure to master your plans as best as you could, because if you send him up and you don't get a peaceful revolution you're the true garbage person.
>>
>>386924552
From what I learned by doing the last rite, sending up all three options I had available to me, you don't need to send up every single race, but you don't want Volfred up there. If he's up there and your planning is super high, it will mention that while the plan's not perfect, he is able to handle it, and the revolution is peaceful.
>>
>>386924838
>>386924552
Sorry, mistyped you DO want Volfred up there.
>>
>>386924340
dude just came and knocked out poor ignarius

not to mention he denied the dissidents their chance at freedom, so i didn't get to hear their kickass never to return variant during my playthrough

for those crimes alone he deserved to remain
>>
>There are people who probably sent up moon girl or Ti'zo
Literally why?
>>
Is sandra gay? because she keeps on hitting on the "lovely reader" and also looked like she wanted to scissor the harpy lady. also i fucking love her aura charge ability. I just charge forward with her and it kills like 2 opponents and then I just fly into the pyre, her talisman makes this even more effective
>>
>>386925172
Ehhh, maybe, but she'll call the Reader "lovely" no matter if you play male or female.
She's probably just attracted to anyone who will give her the time of day and put up with her sass.
>>
>>386925145
I sent up _ae, but mainly because I had to choose between her, Ti'zo or Betrude at the time. That said if let the Fates win she and Almer can hook up there.

>>386925172
Sandra is bi. Also who wouldn't want to scissor the "harpy lady"?
>>
>>386925172
>looked like she wanted to scissor the harpy lady
Everyone is hot for pamitha
>>
>>386925398
Send up Bertrude, man, she's a crazy witch, that's useful for the revolution.
>>
File: 1498555659376.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498555659376.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
>>386925357
>mfw I didn't realize that you can choose the gender on the options
>>
Alright, so considering that
>The Titan Constellations fill the sky
>The good stars all go out
>There's a whole faction dedicated to resurrecting one of the titans
>The Rites are finished and the pathway between the Downside and Upside is gone

Is the world in for a major apocalypse and the new government is going to need to deal with it, or is all of that just fine now and no one will need to worry about anything?
>>
>>386925616
They research Uldmidlhes claims in the best ending possible
The Titans are super fucking dead. Even Yslach- he's apparently even dead in the Astral Plane.
>>
Does this game have any replayability? I got the good ending and all characters to their max level in my first playthrough.
I'm not sure I want to go through it again for some changed dialogues.
>>
>>386925738
Really? Must have skimmed her ending text. But if that's the case, why does the Downside go so fucky?

>>386925830
I'd say so, not just for the different dialogue and endings you can get depending on who goes up and who stays, but because using different characters/charms/titan stars can mix up the game.
>>
>>386925145

I hesitated with moon girl, but turns out she gets a pretty nice life - hangs out with Jodariel and Ti'zo, gets introduced into an order where she's respected...
I sent Ti'zo up simply because I focused on my team and Bertrude and Sandalwood seemed to like exile.
>>
>>386925738
>the best ending possible
which one is that?

and it's interesting that they chose to make the titans ultimately not some sealed evil to be revived, i was totally expecting some surprise bossfight vs. yslach in the vein of the howler fight

>>386925830
i think it's actually mathematically impossible for all meaningful character relationships to be fulfilled (_ae-almer, ignarius-jodariel, rukey-pamitha, pamitha-tamitha, etc.) in one playthrough, so you might try gunning for those
>>
>>386925962
Probably something to do with the fact that the Scribes are fading away from existence, as well as the fact that it's possible that the Scribes see the Nightwings using the rites for their own purposes to be blasphemous and as a result wanna end the Rites.
>>
>>386925830
>Does this game have any replayability?

Not really anything new when it comes to gameplay, unless you love trying out new teams. You probably used all of them at one point or the other.
Replay is all about the lore, letting opponents win and seeing what they get up to when they return.
>>
>>386926060
Best ending possible is 95% successful revolution, which is Ti'Zo, Jodariel, Rukey, Sir Gilman, Pamitha, Volfred and Bertrude all being sent back
>>
>>386926201
>Ti'Zo
>Pamitha
I got a peaceful ending and I didn't send either of them up.
>>
>>386926394
Generally speaking, the percentage on the Plan Folder is a "quality of ending" counter.
Ti'Zo contributes a retarded amount to the plan, like %28 by himself. People love the little shitter.
On the other hand, Pam doesn't contribute a lot to the plan, but she does more then Moontouched Girl
Basically sending back any combination of those guys will get the best of the best ending
>>
>>386926067
Then what explains the return of the Titan Stars?
>>
Is there any way to get a peaceful ending while also sending up the Reader?
>>
>>386926910
That particular scribes influence fading, most likely.
>>
>>386926956
yes
>>
>>386918521
>be in versus mode
>Ti'zo gone full Accursed Imp w. Bottled Void
>Pamitha and Tamitha with all the quickness upgrades and dem wedding rings
>AI at max difficulty the fucking AI is somehow less coordinated than the absurd blitzkrieg I've unleashed

It turns out being able to fly, even if only sort of, is kind of a gamebreaking when it comes to Hamon-dodgeball. What's your personal fav maximum rape triumvirate /v/?

>>386920328
I sort of agree with >>386920698 and >>386921264 to be honest, it's a different animal because you need intuition and reflexes way more than strategy. But while Transistor glues you to the rails, there's a big element of resource management and the game rewards reflexes and intuition as much as thinking ahead. So overall I'd say Pyre got my blood pumping way quicker.

The worst thing I can say about it is the lack of a NG+ mode, but the levelling system is kinda crucial to plot progression so it's understandable. Still hope they add one in the future.
>>
>>386922612
Definitely if they're left behind, not sure if they're both freed

>>386924198
Who slam jams harder, Oralech or Bertrude?
>>
>>386924340
>83% success rate ya boi we got dis
>suddenly violent revolution

Is there an actual roll in the game for whether everybody goes killin' or not? Or is it just because I sent Pamitha up, or should I have trounced Tamitha a little more to snuff her revolutiontary spirit?

>>386924973
>>386924838
Ffffffffffffffff I KNEW I did something wrong! Damn me for getting the original amigos out ASAP because someone told me there were limited freedoms and I wanted my bros safe really bad
>>
SANDRA IS BEST GIRL

I WANT TO LICK HER GHOST PUSSY
>>
>>386925145
She does have a bright future up there as a Scribes lady pope

And hey-Ti'zo got big dreams.

>>386925172
Sandra is Readersexual. She shittalks everybody else except Ti'zo and Pam, and her finding Pam hot doesn't stop her from being a hardass. But she thinks you're lovely no matter what you do.

Maybe she's super into cripples?
>>
File: 1497594307945.jpg (87KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1497594307945.jpg
87KB, 645x773px
>tfw beating the biker demon dude several times already

I feel real fucking bad for him
>>
>>386925738
>even dead in the Astral Plane

Are you sure this is confirmed? I know Uldmilde committed seppuku (or blew herself up by accident) along with the rest of his physical remains, but the research's still being done by mortal minds that don't understand how the Liberation Trials dimensional travel mechanism works, or what's up with dem stars, or why the sun and the moon are sauntering around playing referee. Maybe his astral bits are still around, just unable to gnaw at the world anymore?

>>386925616
I look at it as a mixed bag.

Bad news: Yeah, the Scribes are gone or worse and the Titans are swaggering around unhindered up there now

Good news: Because the bridge between Downside and the rest of the world is severed they can't do jack shit. And since stars seem to be the remains of people who died, there's very little they can actually do to the world other than at best have their corpses twitch, shit out babies, drool and stuff like that. And at the very least, Uldmilde's bad end seems to imply if the Downside ever gets the motivation they can just shovel away the remains to break even that tenuous connection. And then they're just stuck cursing people if said people wanna git gud at ball games

What you should really be worried about is the Scribes seemed to have missed the Tattered Mantle after it was done choking a bitch. It could still be out there, somewhere, maybe pampered by a cult of imps. It's the smallest Titan after all
>>
>>386918521
>fantasy sportsball
I really enjoyed bastion and its visual + storytelling style, pretty much everything about it, and I fucking adored transistor through and through even more especially for its "setting," but I can't bring myself to even touch this
>>
>>386931215
>thought his background was going to be some cocky TEME! yelling lout
>he was a good boy who just got fucked over by some drunk rich cunt

See this is why fighting Barker is the best, there's no regrets after
>>
>>386931665
>Mustache
>>
>>386931595
Well, that's fine, it's a pretty niche way to play. I love it to bits myself, but it is kind of like a big budget Miniclip game

I will say you're missing out on arguably the best storyline, or at least the one with the most replay value. Bastion had only two big choices to make, Transistor straight railroaded you for all the important stuff, here you got loads of choices to make outside the ball stuff.
>>
>>386931665
What do imp cocks look like? Do wyrms have cocks or cloacas?
>>
>>386925145
Sent up both, got rail roaded both times because I was retarded and didn't realise it was based on exp. Had sent up Jodariel though as well so Nae liked hanging with her and Ti'zo. Also sent Oralech and was pleasantly surprised to find him and Ti'zo have some cool stuff together
>>
>>386931215
>he throws a match to try to get into jodi's pants
>>
File: 1482797102428.gif (11KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482797102428.gif
11KB, 600x450px
>>386931665
>>
File: tariq.png (572KB, 964x1012px) Image search: [Google]
tariq.png
572KB, 964x1012px
Favourite song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypvsPO2K9mI
>>
File: 1300527935549.jpg (165KB, 375x550px) Image search: [Google]
1300527935549.jpg
165KB, 375x550px
>>386931215
>you read his thoughts during a match
>he's depressed as fuck on the verge of despair

I didn't ask for these feels.
>>
>>386920030

the game is pretty short and everyone basically beat it and discussed it like two weeks ago when it first came out
>>
>>386935216
>anything but this broken man's lament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C37PAE0CzTg
>>
>>386926060
>expecting some surprise bossfight vs. yslach
>he didn't have his Bertrude mindfuck Udmildhe into killing herself
>>
File: 1294163840166.jpg (35KB, 462x550px) Image search: [Google]
1294163840166.jpg
35KB, 462x550px
>>386935338
>mfw almost every song in the OST is 10/10
>>
File: 1501271337385.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501271337385.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
>>386935216
>changes instruments based on which of the three exiles is talking
>>386935338
>intensifies when Oralech is talking
I love how dynamic the soundtrack is
https://youtu.be/E-znuw6PHNI
>>
It's Fae, right?
>>
>>386936449
It's shae you nigger
>>
>>386936596
This
>>
>>386936449
Might as well call her Bae since that's obvious what she is.
>>
File: Pyre_2017_08_08_12_15_04_498.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Pyre_2017_08_08_12_15_04_498.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
Is this the only time you're shown on screen?
>>
File: 1459018498060.png (1MB, 1488x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1459018498060.png
1MB, 1488x1400px
>Super Giant Games will never make a RPG where you play as The Scribes and fight againts the titans
>>
>>386937105
>what is the main menu
fucking speed players
>>
>>386937120
It's pretty surprising that they've never made a sequel or re-used any of their settings, considering how good they are at world-building in every game they've made.
>>
>>386937242
What if I told you all three games are in the same setting
>>
>>386937120
>will never make a RPG where you are the Camerata trying to study and control the Process
>will never make a RPG where you are a team of Mancers/Ura working on the Calamity weapon/infiltrating the wall

Would this, dare I say it, have been DLC kino?

>>386937242
In all seriousness though, as much as I hate to admit it it's probably a good sign. Means they won't treat any one of their games as a cash cow, and means they've GOT new ideas coming in all the time. Which means more new games in the future.

>>386937284
>Mancers don't know about Transistors
>Camerata don't know about Rites
>>
File: gilman.jpg (54KB, 437x530px) Image search: [Google]
gilman.jpg
54KB, 437x530px
Don't mind me, just posting best bro in the whole game.
>>
>>386937284
>>386937406
I can see Pyre and Bastion being in the same universe desu. Transistor's a bit too different to fit in though.
>>
File: tfw cucked by true love.jpg (21KB, 375x542px) Image search: [Google]
tfw cucked by true love.jpg
21KB, 375x542px
>>386938108
>tfw your Reader is a vengeful, horny, edgy nerd of a cripple
>tfw saved by a 10/10 qt redhead
>he cooks, he's a born leader and a team player, he goes out of his way to say nice things to you
>goddamn wheres the dialogue option for ripping off his pants
>find out about his backstory
>dont even care what he did, wanna do worse to the Commonwealth anyway
>blah blah war blah lookout blah harp
>Harp?
>HE HAS A GIRL BACK HOME
>WHY
>THarpOT detected
>fuck that shit, you're keeping him with you forever in the Downside if that's what it takes
>SHE FUCKING COMES DOWN TO LIVE WITH HIM
>ROOSTIES GET OUT
>GET OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

>>386939632
Actually isn't the Downside basically Purgatory? Transistor could work if there are different limbo-dimensions, and shattering it let Red get to the "main" world Bastion and the Commonwealth are in.
>>
>watching Yahtzee review
>plays on easy
>says the basketball is boring
>>
>>386940972
Yahtzee is a shitter. More news at 11.
>>
>>386940972
He was a shitter during the livestream too. If only Gabe was there to piss over him.
>>
>>386938108
I was surprised by how much of a bro he ended up being, I thought he was annoying when he first showed up. I guess Pyre is pretty good at that; I thought Sandalwood would be shady as fuck and I though Ti'zo would be a pointless mascot character.
>>
>>386943009
It helps that there are a few legitimate assholes on the other side. Like Deluge, who you'll likely keep kicking the crap out of if you go deep into his social link.
>>
>>386943382
I think it was mote interesting when that wasn't the case. I expect my foes to be pricks but Pyre had a pretty good balance of actual bad guys to likable opponents, sometimes like the Fate where they were good cunts right from the start but also in cases like the Dissidents who get more chances to be likable if you face them enough
>>
>>386943382
>deluge is one of the most annoying cunts in game
>stomp him whenever possible
>he's one of the only enemy team leaders that gets a happy ending
>>
>>386944449
That's kinda what I meant actually. To me it's refreshing that after the game sets up the idea almost everyone isn't really a bad guy and could be best buds under different circumstances. There are a few genuine bad apples, they're just in the minority.

>>386945753
I always wondered what his waifu saw in him.
>>
>>386946430
Big Wyrm Cock
>>
File: 1493721076744.png (39KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1493721076744.png
39KB, 645x773px
>>386935291

>when he starts thinking about how his girl probably won't recognize or remember him anymore

the music that plays during the match doesn't help either, he seems like a real nice dude, I'd buy him a beer or two
>>
File: manley.png (129KB, 441x417px) Image search: [Google]
manley.png
129KB, 441x417px
>>386935216
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tJ06_qtmbc
>>
File: Pyre_2017_08_05_09_59_18_018.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pyre_2017_08_05_09_59_18_018.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
*blocks your path*
>>
what are the conditions that makes one of your exiles worthy of anointment?
>>
File: rites.png (185KB, 412x447px) Image search: [Google]
rites.png
185KB, 412x447px
>>386949638
I think it's just whichever two have highest amount of xp
>>
>>386949638
having top 3 enlightenment in your party
>>
Can we talk about how even if you mess up the revolution plan the harpies come in and defeat the Commonwealth anyway?

I understand that a big theme of the game is that things will turn out okay even if it's not perfect, but come on, there's gotta be a limit. At least make it clear that the new harp government is gonna be a bit of a mess for awhile.
>>
File: Pyre_2017_08_05_18_30_59_866.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pyre_2017_08_05_18_30_59_866.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: tumblr_ou7v0d9CAe1vk8mrzo1_1280.png (337KB, 1280x1092px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ou7v0d9CAe1vk8mrzo1_1280.png
337KB, 1280x1092px
HOW DO PEOPLE SEND MESSAGES BY MESSENGER IMP IF THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ?
>>
File: rukey.png (258KB, 551x534px) Image search: [Google]
rukey.png
258KB, 551x534px
>>386951896
the same way people send messenger pigeons
>>
>People complaining the game is too easy yet choosing not to use the mechanics intended to increase the difficulty
Finish the game on Hardened with all titan stars, then tell me it's too easy.
I actually had to lower the difficulty and take off one star to beat Oralech the last time,
and even then it was through cheesing him with Volfred's sapling explosions. The motherfucker is a demon and still somehow drifts around my characters with his dashes and dunks on me.
>>
File: tumblr_ou7v0d9CAe1vk8mrzo4_1280.png (422KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ou7v0d9CAe1vk8mrzo4_1280.png
422KB, 1280x1600px
>>386952372
THEY
CAN'T
READ

HOW DO THEY WRITE?
DO THEY PAY SOMEONE?
THAT'S ILLEGAL THEY CAN'T DO THAT!
>>
>>386952503
I've got a problem with titan stars being used as the hard mode of the game. As extra ways to challenge yourself and get XP, sure they're great, but to me a harder mode should be about your enemies being smarter and forcing you to be more clever. Titan Stars just fudge the rules so you're at a disadvantage. Sure it might be more of a challenge to tie a hand behind your back, but I wouldn't call it the official way it should be played.
>>
File: tumblr_ou4icgvJzW1sk51m7o1_500.png (366KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ou4icgvJzW1sk51m7o1_500.png
366KB, 500x719px
>>386936449
FaeFriends best bros.
Shaefags get out!
Baefags can stay since she is one.
>>
>>386952883
If you wanted a harder hard mode you could just play with Yslach turned on. All that does is make them react faster. I would argue that giving your enemies bonuses does force you to be more clever because it forces you to use strategies other than "Give Pamitha/Rukey/_ae the ball and run circles around the enemy into the goal."
Also it's a single player game. The only official way to play it is however is most fun for you. I enjoy playing at a disadvantage because I like coming up with ways to overcome those disadvantages.
>>
File: jodariel.png (577KB, 828x856px) Image search: [Google]
jodariel.png
577KB, 828x856px
>>386953848
I CALLED HER TAE AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT
>>
Booksketball is a lot of fun.

Does anyone know what happens if you take your anointed's place in the last rite? I let Bertrude go in the final rite because I figured we'd need the capable people in the Commonwealth
>>
>>386924692
Why? I did not get a peaceful revolution but Oralech actually became a doctor again and helped people who got hurt during the fights.
>>
>>386924174
That talisman saved my ass when Essence started fucking cheating. Goddamn winged niggers.
>>
Anyone got that "Do it for her" image with Sandra? I'm a lazy bastard.
>>
>>386924340
He disrespected me. He obviously needed more time in the Downside.
>>
>>386954869
Because Oralech is not going to contribute as much to making sure the revolution is good as other characters would. By choosing him over someone else, you put lives at risk.

Offscreen lives, sure, but still.
>>
>>386954614
>Tae
>>
more manely meems when?
>>
>>386954778
What happens really depends on how well you prepared. I don't believe the Reader contributes too much to the revolution, so if you messed up anywhere and needed one more good person to get a peaceful revolution, you might miss out on it if you send up the Reader. As for what happens once the Reader is up there, that also depends on the other people who got sent up. Their epilogue dialogue will occasionally mention them working with you, or being happy that you and the people they liked made it, ect. But annoyingly enough, once you get through all the epilogues it says that the Reader's fate is still a mystery besides him helping found the new government, which makes no sense since everyone else gets remembered.
>>
File: gilman3.jpg (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gilman3.jpg
348KB, 1920x1080px
>when you find out Gilman never actually committed a crime, and put him self in Exile to atone for losing a battle

Literally impossible not to save him.
>>
>>386955545
So it's not too different.

My epilogue said the Reader stayed behind and tended the land in the Downside. Which I assume means they managed to make it arable through sheer force of will and probably spite.
>>
>>386955694
He can literally swim home you dumb nigger. The Commonwealth exiled him but the Sea Dominion is in the Sea of Solis
>>
>>386955770
It's like you didn't understand the character at all. I stand corrected, there are people that stupid after all.
>>
>>386955703
>stayed behind and tended the land

Mine stayed behind but didn't tend the land.
When asked earlier, did you say that you'd probably be a farmer if you weren't downside? That might affect what you end up doing...
>>
>>386956359
I did, yes. I figured that would be the case.

I imagine a freedom fighter Reader does more during the Revolution
>>
Do you think that the new government will ever find a way to reconnect with the Downside, or is everyone down there just going to be left to die forever?
>>
>>386955703
>>386956359
I had my Reader as a war orphan, and it said he stayed and helped people while in the Downside. Neat little differences.
>>
>>386918521
Played it for a few hours and refunded it.
It's literally just a VN with a shitty forced sportsball mechanic.
>>
>>386956465
Well, they can communicate and send stuff back and forth, so they aren't totally isolated.
But I don't think anyone is ever gonna go from one place to another. Perhaps downside people will get kids and start living there, perhaps they'll all die out.
>>
>>386956558
I honestly can't disagree. I think it's the weakest one of their games.
But I still really liked it. The characters made it worthwhile. But yeah, it is all about learning about them and seeing how they end up, while playing a somewhat shallow game in between.
>>
>>386956558
>>386956705
I am surprised by this sentiment, I think it might be their best game yet. I am going to replay Transistor to compare, since it's been a long time.
>>
File: most smug sap.png (33KB, 1111x896px) Image search: [Google]
most smug sap.png
33KB, 1111x896px
why is he so smug
>>
>>386956597
>sir deluge has a veritable flood of little wyrms in his ending
>lendel and manley are miserable forever
what the heck
>>
>>386958196
to be fair i didn't like transistor either.
I did like bastion a lot though.
I did refund Pyre, though. That's how much i didn't like it.
>>
>>386958292
Because he's been in the Downside for too long and he's ready to leaf.
>>
>>386958824
Sir Deluge was a coward. Manley is a beat and Lendel got people exiled by planting evidence
>>
>>386959158
i think lendel actually turns over a new leaf if you let him go up, might try that later
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.