[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Grim Dawn a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2563.jpg (114KB, 465x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2563.jpg
114KB, 465x640px
Is Grim Dawn a good game?
>>
Yes, but not an exceptional one.
>>
Titan Quest is better
>>
Yeah it is okay, but why would you play it when Path and D3 exist?
>>
>>386918647
Grim Dawn has actual enemy variety and atmosphere.

In Path of Exile you just fight skeletons most of the time and D3 is cartoony generic garbage.
>>
File: 1336879552973.jpg (18KB, 379x374px) Image search: [Google]
1336879552973.jpg
18KB, 379x374px
>>386918647
>D3
>>
It's alright, but also feels like a Titan Quest overhaul mod. I would've enjoyed it a lot more had I never played TQ.
>>
>>386918747
I see you haven't actually played Path of Exile for longer than 30 minutes.
>>
>>386918391
It's pretty bland in my opinion. I've been spoiled by Path of Exile.

If I had played Grim Dawn after Titan Quest and before Path, I probably would have liked it more.
>>
Sell me on one. Grim Dawn of Path of Exile?

I own both and I want to play one with friends.
>>
grim dawn if you want a really solo friendly arpg that's also very mod friendly.
poe if you want a community game where you can jew the fuck out of people
>>
File: 1500830331483.jpg (41KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500830331483.jpg
41KB, 600x800px
What's the best kind of game like these out there? I'm looking to get into more of them after playing Diablo 2.

The more complication the better.
>>
>>386919048
There literally isn't any enemy variety in PoE though. They reuse and reskin skeletons and statues so much it's not even funny.

Grim Dawn has more interesting enemies.
>>
>>386919172
>Path of Exile
>own
>>
Monotonous tripe. Apes Titan Quest/Path of Exile without really having an identity of its own. Even Diablo 3 is better than this trash as it doesn't put you to sleep.
>>
>>386920038
I'm pretty big on unit variety, but never really had too much of a problem with it in PoE. Since each act is a varied pool I guess I don't mind the recycles so much. Grim Dawn is good at variety, but it all just feels kinda bland anyways.
>>
>>386920038
trashmobs all the same. the terrain is a bigger threat in GD than the enemies themselves
>>
>Diablo 2's sound is broken, only music plays, no spells or enemy noises
>Have to deal with a different one but they all aren't as good as D2
>>
>>386920296
It's fucking terrible though. Act 1 is just zombies and skeletons.

Act 2 is just monkeys and bandits.

Act 3 is just undying(zombies) and statues.

Act 4 is just more zombies and humanoids.

Act 5 is just humanoids.

It's horrible.
>>
>>386919630
Grim Dawn and PoE are pretty much your best bets. Titan Quest is good too, but mechanically Grim Dawn is an improvement over it in many ways.
>>
>>386918647
Path of exile is a shitty free to play game, don't waste your time with it.
>>
>>386919630
I really like Victor Vran, though the referency narrator gets on my nerves a bunch.
Oh and the MC is voiced by Geralt.
>>
>>386918769
>le d3 is bad meme

Why don't you try thinking for yourself for a change?
>>
>>386923917

Started playing D3 today and man, its actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be, but it is laughably easy. I guess maybe the highest difficulty is actually a challenge but of course I'm not allowed to play it until I've beaten the game once, but I'm still enjoying myself.
>>
>>386926064
>I guess maybe the highest difficulty is actually a challenge but of course I'm not allowed to play it until I've beaten the game once

you don't have to bea tthe game

you're too stupid to play diablo

>durr diablo is easy on easy mode

wow REALLY
>>
>>386926087
>can't play master until you've completed the game
>can't play torment until at least level 60
>expert, the highest difficulty available at the start is piss easy
Yes god forbid I'd like one of the first difficulties available to me have some actual challenge you fucking mouth breather.
>>
>>386926064
Most of the game is easy until you start pushing Grifts.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.