[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong? Why Nioh is not popular among any demographic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 34

What went so wrong?
Why Nioh is not popular among any demographic audience?
>>
It sold a million copies
>>
Great combat, but mediocre everything else. People want fun mechanics to exist in a proper context.
>>
I'm a Soulsfag who loved it. Stance dancing and guardian spirits are fucking awesome.
>>
>>386914379
The loot system really isn't good and ki pulse doesn't really add too much to the gameplay. It's basically a QTE.
>>
>>386914379
It was a hit during launch date. then they give free DLC and shit. Then most of people forgot about the game.
Also Japanese mythology is not fun or badass. It's autistic and awkward.
>>
File: 1502309344760.jpg (21KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
1502309344760.jpg
21KB, 540x539px
>>386914379
Sold well but they didn't port it to PC. Im not going to buy it for my ps4 because of that.
>>
No PC release, no buy
>>
>>386914737
Animations are also awkward.
I mean the katana animation looks like something from Naruto.
>>
>>386914379
Game wont have a long replayability because it have a pre defined Protag and story...One of Souls main appeal is the fact you can create various builds for various playthroughs in a world wich the story is vague and misterious.The book that can make you respec didnt help multiple playthroughs either...

But the game is a sucess...New IP that sell well to the point they give free stuff as thank you,good DLCs that countinue the main story(IMO the good type of DLC)and overall a hell of a fun game.
>>
>>386914756
Why the fuck do you even own a PS4 if you're only going to buy games that get ported to PC on it? The entire point is to buy games you can't play elsewhere, otherwise you just have a black brick.
>>
>>386914379
Great combat, mediocre everything else.
>>
>>386914684
I would skin you alive
>>
File: 1502321352669.jpg (264KB, 640x643px) Image search: [Google]
1502321352669.jpg
264KB, 640x643px
>>386915984
Because I wasn't going to be playing at 30 frames, bloodborne did many things to me.
>>
>>386916446
>30 frames
What is action mode
>>
>>386914379
The level design and enemy variety were weak. It also gives you like 5 different systems you need to mess with. It's combat is superior to the souls series but it's not even close in the other departments
>>
too much grinding desu
>>
>>386916446

Then don't play in 30 FPS mode you stupid fuck.
>>
>>386916446
game has a special mode that raises the game to 60 fps while making the graphics worse.
>>
The demo was a bit crap and its still full price here so I didn't bother buying it.
>>
No PC release. Games on PC have longer legs.
>>
>>386914379
My reason to skip Nioh

1. I'm still playing DS3.
2. I'm still enjoying BB.
3. I don't like japanese mythology
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn happens.
5. Team Ninja? DOA and NG? lol nope.
>>
Personally I hated the loot system and I hated how the game worked in missions instead of an open setting like Souls and BB does. Those two things really take away from the game, missions more so than the loot system.
>>
>>386914379
idk man it released around the time of Persona 5 NIER and botw I wonder why it got so little attention
I wonder why people didn't love it when they were playing better games
>>
Still my game of the year
>>
>>386917787
nah, nothing wrong with the mission system, interconnected wouldn't have worked for nioh's format at all
>>
>>386917787
I didn't mind choosing missions on a map. A proper interactive hub between missions is all I'd ask for.
>>
I loved the demos and played hours of them.

But never touched the actual game due to:
>lack of custom character
>too many mechanics thrown at you with little/poor explanation
>difficulty felt very unfair at times
>level/mission based

I was really excited for it at first but now idk, I'll get it at discount.
>>
>>386918943
>lack of custom character
stopped reading there, signature argument of the garbage opinion
>>
I don't get people's obsession with open world, what's the problem with mission-based games?
>>
>>386918943
The beta had a tutorial stage, you fucking liar.
>>
>>386919589
You know how tasteless hicks think everything tastes better drowned in ranch dressing? Soulsbabbies are the same with thinking every game would be better the more similar it is to Souls.
>>
>>386919613
anon, he's clearly retarded.
>>
Don't like japanese mythology, history, or architecture
Don't like the autistic sprays of glowing colour every time you hit an enemy
>>
File: 1501251413181.gif (29KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501251413181.gif
29KB, 210x240px
>>386914379
Holding out on moth waifu, I don't fucking care about grandpa octopus and pedophile horse.
>>
>>386914474
>>386916167
That's describing all Souls games as well.
>>
>>386914379
nothing did, I'm just waiting for the last DLC to release so I can play it all in one go
>>
>>386920036
I disagree but I have to admit that's probably the best and most legitimate negative opinion in the thread
>>
>>386919589
Open world has been fed as such a big thing by game marketing the last few years and people have fallen for it. Pair that with the current vocal element of Dark Souls' fanbase that seem to despise any mechanics that aren't completely identical to Dark Souls' mechanics.
>>
>>386914684
>The loot system really isn't good
correct
>and ki pulse doesn't really add too much to the gameplay. It's basically a QTE.
fuck no. It's the approach that Bloodborne should've taken instead of infinite healing and nonexistent stamina management
>>
>>386919589
You have to remember that a significant component of /v/'s userbase is young enough to have started seriously gaming during the last generation and the open world boom. They genuinely think open world is an automatic inprovement. They don't know better.
>>
>>386918049
I played Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 last year, so probably for me too. I've played all Soulsborne games and I've played more Nioh than all of them combined. And the 3rd DLC isn't even out yet.
>>
>>386920101
Not really. Souls games don't have great combat.
>>
style switching is fucking shit and feels dumb

they needed specific animations for switching mid string, not just FLASH OF LIGHT okay now you're doing heavy attacks

feels clunky as fuck. Kind of like how on trick weapons bloodborne has specific animations for switching the trick weapon mid string. it would be shit if your guy just animation canceled like a fighting game and began the default other trick weapon swing
>>
>>386920874
way to out yourself as a moron who doesn't know what the skills he bought do, moron
>>
Sold fine. Sorry youre upset it isnt coming out on PC
>>
>>386914379
Nothing went wrong. Stop trying to force it by making dumb threads.
>>
>>386921028
oh im sorry i did know there were skills that gave the game transition animations
>>
File: well then dawn is breaking.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
well then dawn is breaking.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386914379

As a pretty big Souls fag, I thought it was awesome.

Incredibly tight combat, loadsaweapons, slick frame rates, great level design, good music and the story wasn't bad at all. Better, in my opinion, than the Souls games. The only thing it lacked was enemy diversity, which they've slowly fixed in the DLCs. Enemies have different move-sets and they've added several different enemies throughout the levels.

The only thing I really think they dropped the ball on were some of the bosses. Some of the bosses are absolute dogshit. Saika and Umi-Bozu being the worst offenders, I think. Umi-Bozu is gimmicky shit and Saika is a gigantic faggot who teleports everywhere. Some of the other bosses are excellent - but those two, holy fuck. Like, Bed of Chaos bad.
>>
it did really well and I think it's great, except a little repetitive and overly long.
>>
>>386922642

Guys, I really fucked up.

>See cute guy
>He's English (!! I've been studying England and English for so long! I want to move there one day!)
>He looks at me, I make eye contact, holy shit I'm doing this
>My nervousness makes my accent unbearably Japanese: "Yu skirr agenst Oni is vurry impressiv!"
>He complements my English but he's clearly put off by the shit performance
>Start panicking
>Feel my heart pounding harder and harder and harder, wait what the fuck? That's not-
>Feel inside my robe, take out my cat
>My fucking cat was in my robe and I only just noticed
>Realise how crazy I must look taking a fucking cat out of my robe
>Stuff it back in
>The qt is horrified, reaching for his katana (disappointed he didn't have a superior western sword desu)
>Not sure what to do or say
>Just fucking say something you idiot
>"Uhhh, dohn is breaking"

I've never been so embarrassed.
>>
>>386922642
Saika is not that bad, at least you can shoot down him with a rock or kunai when he's flying. But yes, Umi-Bozu is the worst boss in the game.
>>
>>386922304
Ya there are.
>>
>>386914684
At least you're blatantly shitposting.
>>386920378
The loot system is totally fine and an important aspect of the game that adds plenty to it.
>>386920874
There literally is an animation on Ki Pulse where he resets his stance. Changing stance is impeccably smooth if you actually know what you're doing.
>>
>>386922732
kek
>>
>>386922906

Saika was fine on the other difficulty levels, but on Way of the Wise he's absolutely fucked. They've bloated his health and damage WAY beyond what made for a once-semi balanced encounter. Holy shit he's frustrating, especially in the level that he's in (with all the fire everywhere, which doesn't affect him because of said teleportation). The devs didn't play test what they'd done to him in WoTW well at all.
>>
>>386922642
Umi-Bozu and Magoichi are fantastic bosses. Both force you to use the entire arena and your mobility to their fullest, and Umi-Bozu actually has notshit health since his weakspot isn't always accessible. His moveset works best with his buddies too. Saika punishes mashers and the unreactive hard and despite having piss health can at least stay mobile and at a distance.
>>
>>386914379
>What went so wrong?
Nothing. It was a weeb game/new IP that did way better than expected.

It's been half a year, people have other shit to play.
>>
>>386914379
>levels
>diablo shit loot
>30 fps
>ps4 exclusive
>japan shit instead of european
Reasons it's shit right there.
>>
>>386922304
there actually are, so that backfired on you
plus the flashes of light are part of a skill that's integral to the gameplay you assclown
>>
>>386923654
>30fps
You haven't played it faggot.
>>
>>386922642
>Like, Bed of Chaos bad

surprised you didn't mention this guy or orochi

The problem with Umi-Bozu comes mostly from the platform you fight him on. I haven't fought Saika on the higher difficulties so I can't form an opinion on that.
>>
>>386923851
>The problem with Umi-Bozu comes mostly from the platform you fight him on
How? Shit's so huge you'd have to fall off on purpose. Papa Skeleton was a great boss too.
>>
>>386914379
casuals hate gameplay
They want graphics, characters and epic stories. That's why Witcher 3 is so successful.

Nioh is very gameplay focused. I suppose the unlockable combos for each weapon + ninja tools/magic alone overwhelm a good portion of players.
Then it's not easy to play for your average casual and doesn't have a familiar setting (no standard western fantasy).

The truly good games are never enormously popular.
>>
>>386916845
I think the enemy variety was okay, they just didn't use them very well. By the end of NG you will have killed like 500 skeletons but only 6 umbrellas and maybe 4 kappa.
>>
>>386923078
>>386923750
I can't tell what's worse, a game that lacks these transition animations to make the game look smooth, or locking these aesthetic changes behind skills

seriously what the fuck is the point
>>
>>386920143
Same here, but Im losing my patience here watching all of you have fun with the new DLC releases, watching the game evolve. I wanted that too.
Money is not a problem so what should I do? Is a "ultimate edition" coming soon? I just platinumed BB and almost did the same for DSIII (almost because fuck rings and online battles) so Im more than ready.
I even watch my videos from the betas
>>
>>386914379
I have just watched a video about sales. It is under Nier, Horizon and BotW in USA and Japan, but in Europe it got above Nier at least. It didnt flopped or something, it just did regular or good. Im just waiting for the "all DLC edition" to play it.
>>
>>386924439
What transition animations are you talking about, you retard? You go high stance, he elevates his weapon. Low stance, he lowers it. Mid stance puts it in a neutral position. He moves his arms and the weapon follows. How much fucking flair do you need?
>>
>>386924439
It's called animation cancelling you fucking soulscrub. It's existed since forever.
>>
>>386924473
>I just platinumed BB and almost did the same for DSIII (almost because fuck rings and online battles) so Im more than ready
lmao
>>
>>386925030
looks like shit in anything that isn't a fighting game
>>
>>386914379
FUCKING Nioh
>best combat
>best atmosphere
>best levels
>best music
>40+ hours to complete with zero filler
All that plus it being addicting with a sky-high skill ceiling made this my goty of 2017.
>>
>>386925103
What's with this idiotic trend of people saying "addicting" instead of "addictive"?
>>
>>386925030
>dmc/ninja garden are shit
Shit taste as expected of a soulsbabby.
>>
best weapons?
>>
>>386925162
>still saying "trend" but not "viral"
>>
>>386925309
"viral" got replaced by "shill" about two years ago m8
>>
I was actually surprised with how much I liked it. I didn't think I would enjoy the mission system, but it works in its favor. Much easier to pick up and play in short bursts. The loot system is garbage though, as well as the story. I'm still not sure what happened through most of it or why I should care.
>>
I enjoy videogames. Love Souls 1-3, DeS, BB, NG, Onimusha, DMC, MH, Toukiden, Nioh, and more.
>>
>>386925279
They're all good though tonfa are kind of weak but still fun.
>>
>>386925496
Just because you didn't pay attention to the story doesn't mean it's shit. It makes it pretty clear why you should care at the very beginning when your loyal spiritfu gets kidnapped. The loot system is great.
>>
>>386925496
>fishbirdwaifu gets stolen by obvious villain because she can detect magic rocks that can turn people into demons
>go to japan to rescue her
>get wrapped up in big civil war
It's very straightforward. Maybe you just don't have the attention span necessary to learn a little history.
>>
File: kanabo.jpg (88KB, 1024x400px) Image search: [Google]
kanabo.jpg
88KB, 1024x400px
>game about killing japanese demons
>no kanabo anywhere

???
>>
>>386925595
>It makes it pretty clear why you should care at the very beginning when your loyal spiritfu gets kidnapped
95% of the story is retarded Japanese political bullshit
>The loot system is great
No
>>
>>386925578
>tonfa
nani?
>>
>>386925706
Too many characters with backstories told in voice over. Why should I care? I'm just there for my spirit.
>>
>>386925825
2nd dlc weapon.
>>
File: nioh-golden-armor.jpg (91KB, 700x1083px) Image search: [Google]
nioh-golden-armor.jpg
91KB, 700x1083px
i liked it a great deal
>>
>>386925712
yeah this is bullshit, i wanted my bobo
>>
>>386925960
What's the first?
do they get their own skill trees?
I didn't buy the DLC yet
>>
>>386926048
Odachi
yes
>>
>>386925595
>The loot system is great.
Jump off a cliff. It's cancer. Random shit is abhorrent design.
There are no well thought out, complex, interesting, world building item drops anywhere. Just generic shitty katana +1 of the cantankerous old cunt

Who cares about that type of autism?
>>
>>386925764
>95% of the story is retarded Japanese political bullshit
Yes, because he goes to Japan right in the middle of one of the biggest civil wars in it's entire history which plays as the backdrop to his quest. It's still not difficult at all to understand if you merely pay attention.
>No
Excellent argument. I suppose I'll go first then. The loot system for a start allows all equipment and rewards to potentially be meaningful and aid in some way as a part of the economy, multiple uses make it a valuable currency. It also opens the build potential hugely by letting you focus on specific stats which keeps them interesting and is bolstered by the forging aspect. As well as this it gives further motivation to play online to coop for better loot.
>>
>1st DLC weapon has Nagayoshi for the expert test
>2nd DLC weapon has Hanzo as your opponent for the expert test as it is a Ninja weapon
If they somehow get Fuku or Tenkai to fight you in the 3rd dlc weapon's expert test for whatever reason I'd be impressed. Is there any weapon-type associated with purification or oni-slaying?
>>
>>386926137
Jesus Christ, what a casual. If you don't see the merit of random generation you're nothing but shallow.
>autism
q.e.d.
>>
why is saoirse such a shit guardian spirit like holy shit she needs a buff or something, she's THE waifu gs. I thought it was cool how moth girl let yukimura fly in the last dlc. I wish saoirse could give william some nifty powers

I guess the whole "being immortal" thing is kinda nifty...
>>
>>386926137
>hurr durr it's autism if I don't get it
Ignoring that, did you even bother looking at any of the descriptions, or listen to the voices that come from Amrita memories? How about that the drops are all the same and planned the first time round? There's still plenty of world building and mythological info located in the game if you actually look. I sincerely hope you're not the guy complaining about the story as well because that would just seal the deal.
>>
File: abc.jpg (22KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
abc.jpg
22KB, 600x400px
>>386922732
>>
Should I beat the main story before looking into the DLC (if it's actually worth it)?

Also YOUR MOST KINO WEAPON SETUP, GO

>Kusarigama
>Spear
>>
>>386926867
Well, 1kat and spear for now till I'm able to pump my str more for the axe or Odachi.

The DLC continues the story of the game, so why not?
>>
>>386926595
Yeah the buffs she gives aren't all that great but where she shines is how fast you can build LW with her due to her naturally high Amrita gauge recovery + her Guardian spirit talisman(or LW triangle+Circle) giving a fairly big amrita multiplier. Toss in an extraction talisman and your time outside of LW will be pretty much non-existent. Its not going to be Suzaku levels of infinite LW but for having LW for nearly every fight shes pretty good.

>>386926867
DLC is story-wise after main story anyway but you can grab them to have the new weapon types start appearing if they interest you. I'd say the 1st DLC is definitely worth it but the 2nd is a little meh
>>
>>386926867
The DLC levels take place after the end of the game, but the weapons can be gotten at any time, so it depends on what you want the most from them.
I like all the weapons (not got DLC) but it's always gotta be about dat 3kat.
>>
>>386926867
Yes. Alternatively, wait until you beat way of the strong.

Ideally the second weapon would give me a set bonus:
>Spear
>Axe
>Rifle
>Cannon
>>
>>386918943
So literally Dark Souls?
>>
>>386926867
I just can't get over how perfect the axe feels in my hands. You've got some fuckhuge overhead cuts, you've got surprisingly fast cuts, the only thing you don't have are fancy special moves. Other hand is empty for naked blade counter attacks against tough enemies. Maybe the DLC weapons are fun but the other base weapons never really clicked with me.
>>
>>386925496
Everyone says the loot system is shit, but it's literally the reason why I still played the game long after I beat it & platinumed it. Farming for other divines to soul match into divine + really extended the game for me because it makes you absurdly strong. DLC 2 made divines obsolete and now Ethereal is the strongest weapon class to forge +20s out of.

I recently sold Nioh for DoA V LR but I'm planning to pick it up again if a GOTY version comes out.

>>386917623
The fuck is so wrong with Team Nigger games? They make much better games than From Software. Souls wish they were as good as Ninja Gaiden 1.

I've beaten every single Souls game except DS2. I really don't understand the hype behind them. They have extremely simple combat and the only thing that stands out to me are their level designs. At least in NG1, you were forced to do unique things to get through the levels such as that one level near the end where you walk while attacking with you nunchakus to kill the infinite swarm of bats that keep attacking you.I much prefer that approach over Souls' lame fucking poison swamp levels, and frenzy instant death bullshit. There's no skill or outside of the box thinking related to that.
>>386917871
Fuck visual novels like P5. Nier's combat is awful compared to Nioh, but it has some shitty philsophical animu plot that you storyfaggots love so much.

>>386926137
Who gives a shit about world building? I'm just here for the fighting. Then again my favorite genres are fighters & strategy games. I couldn't care less about your rpg gayness. Nioh would've much better as a pure action game that way it wouldn't have to put up with so much unfair criticism from Soulsfags who love to think of themselves as hardcore.

>>386926407
I'm hoping Fuku gets a bigger role in DLC3. She has a fairly decent role in real life history. She's way more important than useless sluts like Okatsu.
>>
>>386927265
Dark Souls has only a handful of mechanics while Nioh has several but explains them well without overly forcing them on you, letting you practice with your own hands in a level set up to encourage it or access the tutorial for more info.
>Everyone says the loot system is shit
"Everyone" also caused the game to be gutted from the initial versions because they couldn't handle trying to adapt to a new game or learn to use what the game actually gives them.
It doesn't sound like the Souls games are particularly for you though, since the atmosphere and exploration is an even bigger aspect of the games. If you're in it purely for a combat system rather than dealing with the encounters while in a pretty immersive world then you won't really see the appeal. Poison swamps are just a different type of challenge though, and Frenzy isn't just instant death and there's ways to deal with and avoid both.
Taking out the RPG aspects would be a terrible idea though, it's one big part of what makes Nioh, the hybrid of the systems. It's why it suffered so hard from the thoughtless changes, but the fact it was so amazing to begin with is what lets it remain great.
>>
>>386927265
Nioh is structured much more like a fighting game so the mechanics are much harder to understand than something like Souls is if you're not from a fighting game background.

Souls mechanics were mostly just learning how the game works since it plays unlike most adventure games.
Souls was obtuse just for the sake of being unique, and or something different. Nioh's mechanics are centralized around the combat. A lot of Nioh's systems seem useless at first but are actually integral parts of the gameplay depending on your fighting style. I play as an axe user so my entire build relies on running out of ki in order to hit twice as hard. Most criticism I've seen, insult the shit out of ki and think it's useless when the ki and the many gameplay mechanics around that concept is exactly what gives the game's combat so much depth.

Soulsfags love to brag about how hardcore their game is when they literally play like R1 button mashers once you have your end at 35 or more. In Nioh, it doesn't matter how big your stamina bar gets you're still going to have to rely on how to manipulate it because the different weapons all utilize ki breaths differently.
>>
>>386928018
The funny thing is that half the complaints people were levelling at Nioh during the alpha demo read almost 1:1 top the complaints you'd see in early DeS and DaS threads. I miss those early threads; as always, bandwagon fuckwits had to come and ruin everything.
>>
>>386927893
It's true that Souls isn't for me, but I try them are regardless to see what the hype is about. For the record there was a time when I fucking loved Bloodborne until I realized just how easy the combat is when compared to what I'm used to.
Frenzy isn't instant death and you have limited amount of items to deal with it. I'm just saying that the type of enviornmental challenges that Souls offers just feels so forced when compared to how enviornmental challenges are formed in a proper action game. In Souls, you can alleviate every enviornmental challenge simply by wearing the proper armor and having enough items to negate the negative effects. In something like Ninja Gaiden, you have no fucking armor when dealing with enviormental danger. You had to think about what the game's ruleset allowed you to do and solve it for yourself. I'd explain more but I'm running out of space. My bat example is a gun one tho.

>Taking out the RPG aspects would be a terrible idea though, it's one big part of what makes Nioh, the hybrid of the systems.

I agree somewhat but only due how Nioh would be just as bad as Ninja Garden 3 without the Rpg systems allowing you to create a brokeass character who can one hit kill most fools. I fucking hated the Kelley clones, they were just like the Architects from NG3. They block everything. So I respecced from a Ninja all the way to a pure STR Axe build and I suddenly dropped them all with a fucking mad spinner of all things lol. That aspect of Nioh is part of what makes it great but what I'm saying is that Nioh would've been better as a well designed action game from the start rather than what Nioh actually is, a kinda shitty action game that's still gud due to its Rpg systems. That kinda desribes almost any Action rpg worth its salt though. I can't think of a single one that was actually a gud action game without the rpg crap.
>>
>>386914379
The gameplay was pretty fucking good, but the biggest things that really killed its staying power long-term were:
>loot system and inventory management in general
Oh boy. A thousand weapons all over the place and ninety-five percent of them are garbage. You can break them down into materials to make your own shit, but it takes a while with what you'll be gaining each mission. And your inventory space is limited so you can't just put it off forever.
To be fair, this is probably a holdover from when weapon durability was a thing and you'd NEED a good amount of those weapons to get through the levels because they'd lose durability so quickly.
>enemy variety
There really aren't a lot of enemy types. You can only change the appearance and color of an enemy so many times before it gets stale.
>level variety
They were really bad about this.
All of this really combined to make it a game that starts really strong, but starts to get tired near the middle of it and is really dragging its feet by the end.

Some things that also hurt it, but I don't necessarily share the same view on:
>story
The story was about an alternate history and made references to Japanese history and name-dropped people like you knew who they were for obvious reasons. For most people going through it, though, the story was nonsensical and jumping all over the place. "I was just fighting some demons in a mine and now i'm in a cutscene with some old guy and who the fuck is X?" The game tries to help with this by summarizing the story and giving character bios in one of the menus, but most people didn't even know this menu existed. It was a really common problem. You really do have to read a lot if you want to know why you're explicitly doing whatever it is you're doing.
>The difficulty starts strong, but you can and probably will neuter it fairly fast.
New players turn away from it and some loose interest when they find easy cheese.
>>
>>386914379
Did Nioh steal your lunch money? Why do you keep making these threads?
>>
>>386928497
It's probably Itagaki making these threads.
>>
File: tloquenahuque tezcatlipoca.jpg (316KB, 553x720px) Image search: [Google]
tloquenahuque tezcatlipoca.jpg
316KB, 553x720px
>we have middle ages western themed souls style games in Demon/Dark souls
>we have feudal eastern/asian themed souls style game in Nioh

Will precolumbian be next? Aztec souls when?
>>
>>386928568
I thought these threads were Ninja Theory stealthily trying to get feedback from people that played the game.
Given that /v/ is rather candid with their opinions.
>>
>>386917623
>4. Horizon: Zero Dawn happens.
Lmao guess you like dogshit
>>
>>386914379
It's a great game but once you beat it there isn't much to do
>>
>>386928664
They openly admitted to garnering feedback from NeoFAG and Reddit, so I wouldn't be shocked if they came here as well at least once, given how dumbed down the final game ended up. 90% of the posts in the first few Nioh threads here was just people getting salty about being killed so often early on.
>>
File: 1476448534369.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476448534369.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>386923654
>ps4 exclusive
lmao assblasted pcbro
>>
Its a pretty good game but imagine if the girls were cute.
>>
>>386928756
>Dying early on.
Isn't that expected?
I played the demos till they wouldn't load anymore but complaining about dying in a game where you know you will die a lot is just silly.
>>
>>386928671

Well yea he said he's enjoying BB and DS3
>>
>>386927893
I forgot to (You) Pulse >>386927461 so I'll adapt by adding another post instead of bitching until a mod changes it.
>>386928328
Circumstance meant that I'm making my first playthrough late but I miss them too.
I miss all the stuff they removed that made the entire game make so much sense. I miss it all.

>>386928435
That's essentially just how Souls is designed really, it offers tons of methods and equipment for building your character and demands you make it through the whole adventure, with some styles being stronger or weaker based on the challenge itself. It's not really a dedicated action game in the NG sense, it's based around surviving and exploring a harsh and punishing journey thematically.

I wouldn't call Nioh a shitty action game at all, the combat system is fantastic even in it's nerfed state and hits a great balance of brutal yet swift. There's this nature of push and pull that makes the really great samurai games, Alpha Nioh had it in spades, and it still remains even now despite nerfed. They then forgot to nerf the other abilities so in that sense the RPG aspects were made too strong but the game used to have both working in harmony. People didn't get that.
>>
I liked it a lot to be honest. The gameplay felt really fast and frenetic.

I really hope there is a sequel so some of the issues can be fixed like the world being more open and more enemy types and bosses to be added.
>>
Enemy variety is the biggest killer. You fight the same 6 dudes in every single level and occasionally a biwa guy or the little cyclops.
It really makes me think of The Surge which was another pretty good game ruined by having all of 5 enemies to fight.
>>
File: 1407921017515.jpg (199KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1407921017515.jpg
199KB, 900x900px
>>386914379
It's one of my favorite games of the year and my favorite of all the Souls-style games. Would've liked it less at 30fps so being able to play at 60 was a huge bonus. Shame it wasn't on PC so I could play at 60 without it looking like a PS3 game but it'll do.

2kat alone was more fun than any weapons in any of Fromsoft's games.
>>
>>386929503
Nioh 2 never ever.
>>
>>386928664
You don't say.
HAYASHI MAKE A GODDAMN WAY OF THE CONQUEROR MODE ACCESSIBLE AT ANY TIME ON TOP OF THE EXISTING MODES THAT REAPPLIES AND WORKS OFF OF ALL ALPHA LAYOUTS, BALANCE AND MECHANICS
SPOILERS AND CAPS DRAW ATTENTION
>>386928887
You would think that, but in the first version many people assumed they could just blaze through it because of how good they were at other games, and surely this one would be no different. Then of course when they and people who were just simply new rushed forward and got freed from the mortal coil en mass, it had to be the game that was bad and badly designed, not that they might be missing something or that they should adapt and actually play the game that they're playing. Then the game had to get nerfed and simplified because a game prizing itself on being deep and challenging just can't be TOO deep and challenging.
>>
>>386928664
>Ninja Theory
fuckyou.jpg
>>
I got burned out. Platinum'd the game, got every title, Finished the WotD DLC with all my gear lvl 200-210 +15 with near perfect rolls then they make the grind ridiculously larger in the next DLC. I'll probably get around to it sometime though.
>>
I just played the Ninja House level.
Holy shit what a ride.
Somebody say again it has bad level design
>>
>>386928489
Managing loot takes a matter of seconds to a minute and there's so many places you can get rid of it at. If you're honestly filling out 500 slots when they already increased it from 200 (only making the problem worse for people that don't want to learn like you've demonstrated) then it's entirely on you.
Part of the enemy variety thing is almost guaranteed to be because of them removing enemies thanks to the whining, but the sheer combat depth and number of options as well as enemies getting more attacks and being in more combinations as you go alleviates that a lot I feel.
Level design comments make no sense though, more and more I get the impression people are just parroting it. Each level's layout is very cleverly designed and has a great way of making you feel lost and intimidated in an expansive area while still knowing where you are and posting multiple landmarks so each area soon sticks strong in your mind. World design is fantastic too, each location has it's own unique visual style and quality reflected in the design while still being authentically steeped in Japanese culture, history and mythology. Just because it stays true to a specific setting rather than forgoing limits for an entirely fictional one doesn't make it worse or better, it's merely a different focus.
The story actually introduces each important character in cutscenes and also has them appear in the mission briefings for extra characterisation, but you don't have to really know the history or read everything first to know about them. That material is there for those curious and having an interest just makes everything that little bit better.
Them spending all their time nerfing the game while ignoring everything that was already powerful did cause a big mess balance-wise however.
>>
>>386916845
This. Killed my interest in it.
>>
File: Anjin-5.jpg (2MB, 3795x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Anjin-5.jpg
2MB, 3795x3500px
>>386930406
>yfw going back out of the room after you cut the croaking screen
>>
>>386914379
No PC version.
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20170810012348.jpg (424KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20170810012348.jpg
424KB, 1920x1080px
>>386914379
>What went so wrong?
It's not Dark Souls.

>Why Nioh is not popular among any demographic audience?
It's not Dark Souls.
>>
File: 1498155656001.png (32KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1498155656001.png
32KB, 657x527px
>>386931574
mfw
>>
>>386930406
I found that boss easier than the winged cat.
>>
>>386931739
The White Tiger is like Mitsunari; he can be potentially pretty easy if you generally play pretty aggressively, but if you're more on the conservative side of things, he can be a total nightmare the first few times.
>>
>>386914379
>Why Nioh is not popular among any demographic audience?

You mean:

>Why Nioh is not popular among any NORMAL demographic audience?
The game has his popularity among weebs, fedoras and fat fucks.
Also it sold a million so it was kinda popular. The normal people realised that the game wasn't so good.
>>
>>386922732
my sides
>>
>>386922732
The classic.
>>
>>386914379
>Mission based instead of Souls'esque, interconnected world
>Everything looks the same
>Equipment/upgrading in this game is a chore, not a reward
>No character creation
>only 4 or 5 diffrent weapons
>convoluted everything
>shit game
>artificial difficulty
>>
No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes f***ing Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind s***posts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it still says I'm not >>386932051

No, I'm a Conqueror.
>>
>>386932345
This pasta, just like mama used to make.
>>
>>386932345
I've been waiting for this. It's like seeing an old friend.
Only Conquerors can reply to this post.
>>
>>386930980
>Managing loot takes a matter of seconds to a minute and there's so many places you can get rid of it at.
There's Tomo. The shrines give out absolute dogshit for feeding them.
>Part of the enemy variety thing is almost guaranteed to be because of them removing enemies thanks to the whining
They threw away functioning assets because of people whining? I highly doubt that. Not sure what you mean by enemies getting new attacks in later levels either. The closest thing to that are the upgraded generic oni that have the range attack. Then again, by the time you get to later levels enemies probably aren't living long enough to get through more than a handful of attacks. If DLC added attacks to enemies that's great, but too little too late.
>Level design comments make no sense though, more and more I get the impression people are just parroting it.
Or it might just be that it really isn't that good. Or maybe that playing the same map for the fifth time, but backwards isn't very compelling. I'm just guessing.
>The story
was told very poorly through disjointed cutscenes with anyone not familiar with the real historical figures featured in them and wanting to get context having to stumble upon the model viewer in a menu out of the way.
>>
PC soulsfags are the worst bandwagoning secondaries

>hurrrr Demon's Souls PS3 exclusive it's shit
>DS1 comes out multiplat and it's critically acclaimed
>p-please give us the game, we m-made a petition!
>hurrrr bloodborne ps4 exclusive looks like shit
>hurrrr Nioh isn't a souls game and it's PS4 exclusive
>>
>>386932051
Demon's Souls wasn't popular to.
But the game makes his own name. First around autistic weebs and fedoras.
Then Dark Souls came out and it was popular around most of the common people. The franchise is now a success.

Nioh it's a new IP. It's like Demon's Souls, so the next game can be the Dark Souls of Team Ninja.
Just think about that.
>>
File: 1500715402633.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500715402633.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>386932345
>>
>>386932557
I think the Souls fanbase going to shit was really just a consequence of the series getting bigger (Which is probably at least partially down to the series going multiplat), honestly.

Any fanbase that grows that big that quickly is proportionately going to bring with it a certain amounts of fucking morons and all-around turbospergs. Plus all the shitty YouTubers and streamers didn't help. Originally you just had Kellogg making her lore videos with the silly drawings and a few other dweebs like that German Spy weirdo, but now you have every second retard trying to trying to make it big for those Patreon bucks by cloning utter fucking idiots like OnlyAfro and VaatiPlagarism. Combine that whole shitshow with Bamco's TOTES HARDK0RE marketing and you get what you have now.
>>
File: enb.jpg (58KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
enb.jpg
58KB, 900x900px
>>386932801
>forgetting the original souls e-celeb and orefag god
>>
>>386932506
Tomo gives two options for putting the loot to use, and shrines give solid Amrita and useful items for making your way through the level, perfect if you're in the middle of one and wanting some extra supplies for your progress. It was originally more useful when the areas were somewhat demanding. There's also donating items to the Teahouse as well. Regardless, they have multiple methods of rapidly trading everything so it should never take long unless you want to relax and check out everything you got.
I don't mean different enemy types, but enemy placement was thinned out across the board, hampering the potential for unique combinations in areas. There's a lot of footage around of the Alpha and Beta, Isle of Demon is easy to compare, many enemies were removed screwing with routes, ambushes and encounters meant to help teach you how to play. All Oni also get a slam attack later as well as other projectiles from later types, skeletons and soldiers get extended combos, and there's others I'm forgetting too I believe. They do have a problem with health though, thanks again to people in prerelease not releasing high stance was a thing and therefore they dropped the health of everything.
No, the level design really is that good. Going through it multiple times just exemplifies it, and how they can use the levels themselves to great effect. But if it didn't work for you, that still wouldn't really have an effect on the initial layout's quality.
The cutscenes were joined quite clearly through gameplay and travel as shown by the map, anything the cutscenes didn't say the briefings did, but the main story cutscenes alone establish all of the generals as they appear, with the further ones telling their background with really nice art. What else do you really need to know about what's going on that's so important to William-sama's quest that isn't shown in the cutscenes?
>>
>>386932917
I miss those old days. Just some random guy with the most stereotypical hick accent i'd ever heard playing a game that looked really cool despite my being unable to understand any of the words on screen.
>>
>>386933463
You know he streams on twitch pretty much every day right?
>>
NIOH
>>
To much loot, to much game mechanics, and especially to difficult to understand for new players.
>>
>>386933814
conquered detected
>>
Still waiting on the PC release. Any day now.
>>
>>386914379
What are you talking about?
If they make Nioh 2 they should make sure to refurbish what they already implemented and maybe add a randomly generated area to make it even closer to a 3rd person D2.
>>
>>386933814
Bait, but every single person who played this game no matter how good or bad was a new player at it at first. Even me.
>>
>>386914379
I loved every single part about Nioh, except that the enemy variety got super stale like 60% into the game. If they just had made more enemies and relied less on archers the game would be a 10/10.

Still a 9/10 though.
>>
>>386927461
>Farming for other divines to soul match into divine + really extended the game for me because it makes you absurdly strong. DLC 2 made divines obsolete and now Ethereal is the strongest weapon class to forge +20s out of.

Bruh that's just cause your autistic, you love the grind.
>>
Bought this hame Day 1 for myself and a friend for him to enjoy since he absolutely loves games like this and it's STILL in the fucking plastic wrap, UNOPENED. Just sitting iut in the open like I can't notice.

That thoroughly upsets me.
>>
Combat is fun but overall the game is still a lamo DS ripoff without a good LD and a shitton of loot.
Lacks in ennemy variety too.
>>
File: 1502217828158.jpg (23KB, 650x453px) Image search: [Google]
1502217828158.jpg
23KB, 650x453px
Levels were garbage except fallinh snow despite being mission based. You fight the same people who you fought in the first level in the last level. A game you beat once and don't bother playing again. They butchered the orginal script and just shouldn't have bothered writing out a story then.
>>
There weren't enough speaking lines for my celtic waifu.
>>
Diablo loot and reverse difficulty curve. Skill system turned the game into character action while enemies were stuck in Souls style rules. It became trivial. Still a great game, just wish the duels were even half as exciting as fighting Muneshige for the first time in the demo. You can avoid these issues if you keep yourself underleveled, but the game will naturally overlevel you if you do side-missions so you have to make a concerted effort to hold yourself back.
>>
>>386932345
>tfw got the alpha mark
>>
>>386934998
I actually found what is probably the best solution outside of the dream scenario of the team somehow pulling it's head out of it's ass and returning the game to how it used to be. Degeneration Talismans are a type of Onmyo magic skill they added which drastically decreases your damage while increasing your Ki damage in exchange. The reduction in damage (about 1/3 to 1/4 of what you normally do) instantly fixes the issue of enemies dying as soon as you look at them, while the Ki damage boost (I want to say it's at least double) means you can make up that damage differential but you have to be able to land hits and make the most of moments where you manage to deplete the enemy's Ki. It actually makes fights way more intense, the only problem is it's not infinite, you have to keep reapplying it and I haven't had luck finding an accessory to increase the duration, but if you could have it active for an entire level it would make a huge difference. I recommend everyone try it out at least once, it doesn't change anything about the broken movement or any other aspects but it's at least something.
>>
File: Kasumi thoughts.gif (2MB, 431x237px) Image search: [Google]
Kasumi thoughts.gif
2MB, 431x237px
>>386914379
>sold away it's soul to appeal to Soulsfags after the alpha
>no enemy variety
>little level variety and awful level design
>characters are not interesting or engaging
>story is not engaging and the narrative is awfully presented
>the blandest of soundtracks
>mediocre bosses
>terribly simplistic AI mimicking souls shit
>horribly disruptive loot system that manages to both annoy people who don't like this kind of system and not satisfy the people who do
>animation quality is good but enemy feedback is inexplicably bad, from the loot pinãta particle effects, to the sound effects, to hit feedback to gore
>ki pulse, while being an interesting mechanic to manage stamina was handed a tad poorly, particularly when it comes to it's visual and sound effects. It's not satisfying or looks good. (slightly minor complaint)
>it's 4 times as long as it has content for

Those are just the major complants, there are some minor ones. You could tell this went through development hell and there some very lazy aspects to it.

If MGSV didn't exist this would be the biggest disappointment in decades. It still does not manage to be a bad game like MGSV but it's a mountain of wasted potential.
>>
Did anyone try a full water-based Onmyo build?
Thinking something along the lines of 2kat + odachi + Nurarihyon for awesome spirit attack.
>>
At the moment I just use a spirit talisman to inflict a debuff and then use my weapon or a weapon buff to inflict a 2nd debuff to get the boss into the confusion state. then I pop living weapon and mash them to death.
It's fun and it works but I feel like I can't keep going like this.
>>
>>386914379
>biggest new action IP in a decade
>hurf durf better shitpost about it on /v/eddit!!!!! lole!
>>
>>386938062
Yeah just like the PS4 is the greatest console since PS2. Oh wait...

There is no rime or reason to this generation, shit is just selling because it's advertised. Also Nioh did not sell on being an action game, which it's not, it sold on pandering to souls cancer.
>>
File: 1310120848330.jpg (31KB, 660x545px) Image search: [Google]
1310120848330.jpg
31KB, 660x545px
>>386914379

Way of the wise went wrong.

Also, PS4 exclusive that isn't part of the soulsborne franchise. That didn't stop it from selling over a million copies. By all means, Koei-Tecmo consider Nioh one of, if not, it's biggest successes in the west.

The real question is; Why do people complain about the loot system when you can forge and buy everything anyway?
>>
>>386914379
>Why Nioh is not popular
It was sold out everywhere around me, I had to wait a month and then travel 60 miles to get a copy.
>>
>>386926867

1kat
Axe (Only for the rage buff)
>>
Any tips for Umi bouzu on wise? I'm 350 lvl, kunai throwing dex build. 2.7k dps
Dunno how to handle 2nd phase.
>>
>>386938631
> Mexico
lul
>>
>>386938850

Burn him in low stance
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-08-01h10m53s309.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-08-01h10m53s309.png
1MB, 1280x738px
>>386938486
Yeah, bosses with projectiles like Maria, that fag from Sekigahara, Mitsunari (mountain) are just ridiculous. They just keep spamming 1 shotting combos, and the hit windows are just too thin. Besides you can't cheese them with kunai + backstab
>>
>>386938921
hyottoko mask is worth trying? Unfortunately my weapon has earth dmg
>>
>>386938486
I do really enjoy the loot system. In fact it's one of the basic things that keep your interest during endgame and all that NG+ grinding. If only they've better explanation of soul matching system and reforging. I wouldn't even discovered tenacity option without watching some random stream
>>
>>386938403
You gotta admit this generation is better than PS3 era.
>>
File: samurai sees you fuck up.jpg (466KB, 1280x1839px) Image search: [Google]
samurai sees you fuck up.jpg
466KB, 1280x1839px
>>386939161

Use the torches, fire talismans/amulets, kayaku-dama, Suzaku, Kato and stick a spare point into onmyo for the recurrent damage bonus. Don't use the mask when he's limped over in second phase. The recovery WILL one shot you.
>>
>>386938921
do the mask attacks vary by stance?
>>386939161
yes, it trivialises the whole fight
>>
>>386939383
>You gotta admit this generation is better than PS3 era

Is this a joke?
>>
>>386939586
You're joke.
>>
>>386938850
Use the firebird and spam its special attack.
>>
>>386939609
You joke
>>
>>386939494

No, it just lets you dodge quicker and sooner to compensate for the mask's slow attack
>>
>>386914379
no pc port
>>
>>386914379
Goty right here.
>>
>>386942797
I really want to play it but i want a goty version with all dlc
>>
>>386942860
Fair enough. I bought the version that came with all the dlc. I usually only buy a few games a year and I don't mind buying the ones I know I'm going to like on release.
>>
>>386938486
>The real question is; Why do people complain about the loot system when you can forge and buy everything anyway?
Because that's absolutely not true.
Getting smithing texts on their own is a grind in itself. And as time has gone by there are more and more disadvantages from doing it yourself.
Soul Matching for +# gets ridiculously expensive very fast, especially now that it goes up to +20 or so. You're better off gambling for good loot.
The best affixes(with a star) can't be forged, you need to find them on loot.
The highest weapon tier, ethereals, can't be forged at all at the moment.
>>
>>386932801
>I think the Souls fanbase going to shit was really just a consequence of the series getting bigger
Part of the problem was From catering to PvPfags and continuously nerfing shit through patches. DaSII is unrecognizable compared to its original version.
>>
>>386923851
The only thing bad about that guy is the goofy hit box on his tailspin, otherwise he's a fine giant boss. I fought Orochi 3 times in Ookami and he's still the same boss now so I was on cruise control for the fight.
>>
>make game based in japan
>main character is white

i want to see someone defend this shit, why not make the mc japanese? its pretty racist
>>
>>386914379
It hasn't reduced in price in the UK since release. Still £49.99 everywhere.

Don't know what the fuck is going on with it.

Had to buy it digitally on sale for £25. Played it for all of 30 mins since i've had it. Think i'm burnt out on souls games in general.
>>
>>386943640
>its pretty racist
in what way?
>>
>>386943754
Team Ninja, or maybe it's Tecmo Koei is stingy as fuck when it comes to price drops or sales. Ninja Gaiden goes on sale like once every 3 years.
>>
>>386943754
Yeah same here, game is still 50/60 euros it's really annoying
>>
>>386943820
Seriously ? that's a fucking bummer
>>
File: 1466833895165.jpg (15KB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466833895165.jpg
15KB, 168x200px
>>386917623
Horizon zero dawn...
>>
>>386914379
its not on pc
>>
>>386918943
Go play assassins creed old man.
Pathetic.
>>
>>386943820
Bet its Tecmo Koei, because Musou games go through the same shit.
>>
>>386919589
It reduces immersion and feels like gameplay chunks rather than a cohesive whole.
>>
>>386943640
You know Williem was a real person right? And a real true weeb
>>
>>386920692
Well you can larping your edge lord oppinion now hut daemon souls came out in a sea of combat gameplay shit (assassins creed and friends)
>>
File: 894123.png (500KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
894123.png
500KB, 900x1350px
there is one more DLC coming, right?
what weapon type do you want to see?
>>
File: IMG_1851.png (267KB, 524x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1851.png
267KB, 524x601px
>start playing Bloodborne late last year
>its become my favorite game of all-time
>non-stop making new builds, even now several months later
>hear about Nioh earlier this year
>looks pretty cool, and its a different atmosphere from BB
>finally borrow it from a buddy
>play for a couple hours
>having a pretty good time
>still end up going back to Bloodborne

WHY CANT I QUIT THIS FUCKING GAME
>>
>>386925162
>It's 2k17
>children use the term addicting as a positive to describe a game

You are sewer rats in cages and deserve the shit ganes that you get.
A failed abortion evry one of you.
>>
>>386945741
Testubo, naginata or fans
>>
>>386926246
Don't expect arguments from underaged larpers and jaded manchildren. They enjoy only very specific reward loops.
>>
>>386928018
Souls shit is literally learn the pattern and have enought oxygen in you brain to press 2 buttons.

Imagine beeing an elitist over such a game. Sad.
>>
File: IMG_1520.jpg (229KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1520.jpg
229KB, 900x1600px
just started playing it a couple days ago, having a great time so far. Have the bird Spirit and using the Kusarigama. I honestly dont mind the loot system. Right now Im at the fishing harbor area right after I did that huge long boat trip.

However, Im getting huge anxiety that the difficulty is going to ramp up tenfold very soon, and because of that anxiety Im playing different games. Im kind of a pussy in that way.
>>
File: IMG_1841.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1841.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>386946619

fuck wrong pic
>>
>>386946619
I like your dog. What's his/her breed?

But I wouldn't worry too much, Nioh's pretty consistent the whole way through difficult-y wise apart from a few tricky submissions. The DLC ramps it up a notch, though.
>>
>>386917623
>DS3 really over does it with the bullshit

I got up to the Twin Princes and I'm done
>>
File: IMG_0521.jpg (114KB, 750x1153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0521.jpg
114KB, 750x1153px
>>386946842

I dont know what breed he is, but he is a very, very good boy. His name is Patch
>>
>>386947076
What a cute little guy.

Give him a pat for me, please.
>>
File: 1336564073581.png (11KB, 314x407px) Image search: [Google]
1336564073581.png
11KB, 314x407px
>>386914379
>What went so wrong?
http://www.dualshockers.com/ni-oh-koei-tecmos-most-successful-game-ever-in-the-west-surpasses-1-million-ps4/
>>
I don't really mind WotWise. It reminds me of when I first started playing the game. Enemy placements are mostly different and surprising (using the DLC enemies was a stroke of genius, reminds me of playing Platinum games on higher difficulties) and everything kills me in two hits again, just like 200 hours ago.
>>
File: Tanuki.webm (2MB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
Tanuki.webm
2MB, 850x478px
game could have used more fanservice.
its a team ninja game after all.
girls dont even take off their clothing when entering the hot springs.
>>
>>386914397
So, literally nothing?
>>
>>386948702
For a brand new IP It's not nothing
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.