[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World of Wowcraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: world-of-warcraft-2014-07.jpg (112KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
world-of-warcraft-2014-07.jpg
112KB, 1024x536px
Did people mistake nostalgia of general life without responsibilities with actual good game design with interesting mechanics?
>>
Vanilla WoW was more about sense of community in an MMO than anything else. That aspect of the game is completely dead now.
>>
Well to be fair you actually had to do mechanics. Now it's, mostly, a dps race.
>GUYS I NEED THAT IT'S BIS FOR BIG NUMBERZ
>>
>>386913571
Except it isn't and the game is a great place to socialize now.
>>
Let's see:

Played since launch
Cleared sunwell in TBC
Got glad in WotLK
Trolled SW trade chat in Cata
Trolled shrine trade chat in Mop
Trolled Stormsheild chat in WoD
Currently trolling Dalaran chat in legion

Fun game 10/10 GOTY ez
>>
>>386913601
So you haven't actually played the modern game then?
>>
>>386913601
>only played dungeon finder and lfr
Come on, son.
>>
>>386913440
>Did people mistake nostalgia of general life without responsibilities with actual good game design with interesting mechanics?
Vanilla WoW was a true MMORPG. You had a giant world full of instances, quests, mobs etc... that you NEEDED to ply through. No sitting in a city for 110 levels because nobody levels anymore.I play Legion now and it's literally World of InstanceCraft. The only good content, which is better now is the end game. Everything else is putrid dogshit.

>>386913956
>Currently trolling Dalaran chat in legion
Server?
>>
>>386913601
I don't think you've actually done any raiding in modern WoW.
>>
File: 7657898.gif (4MB, 504x304px) Image search: [Google]
7657898.gif
4MB, 504x304px
>Make a dwarf hunter FER KHAZ MODAN
>Login to comfy motherfuckin dun morogh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jmdBA9nK0c [Embed]
>Level up beside those wizzy wily gnomes
>Get to Khanaros, grab a drink and feel at home, grab my quests, kill yeti's, kill trolls, get those gnomes their tools
>Finally get to Ironforge
>Walking through those huge gates. As you seen that giant statue, the horns blare and hit your soul directly.
>Seeing that level 60 on the bridge and seeing ''I'll be just as good as him-NO BETTER! ''
Then the adventure begins
>>
>>386913440
Did you play MMORPGs that came out before WoW? They played like games created by people who had no fucking clue how to make games.

WoW was the first MMORPG that didn't play like it was created by hacks or "visionaries."
>>
I still play vanilla WoW and it's way better than retail. Nostalgia isn't a factor. It's just a better MMORPG.
>>
I used to play old CS before source. We had 64 player map mayhem back in those days. 32 per team blasting like it was jews versus muzzies on temple mount.

My friend convinced me to try what i called "faggot elves and fairy gay girly faggot crap". My god, the first time we took an epic journey to blackrock mountain I couldn't believe it. I was in awe.
I loved large scale multiplayer, and this was no 32 versus 32 counter-strike map. I saw massive 100 person plus open world PvP battles. They were storming and sieging cities! 2005 was the year I saw how big and massive a multiplayer open world PvP experience could be.

Now? CS Source is like 5 on 5 pro Esport omega epeen lane running gay trash.
Blizzard made the world sharded so you don't see more than a dozen people at a time.
It is shit and crap. They went backwards from the greatness of massive open world PvP.
>>
File: mmo_then_now.jpg (145KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
mmo_then_now.jpg
145KB, 700x500px
>>386917347
>shitting on DAoC, oldSWG or UO
go play in traffic newcancer

this being said, nu-WoW and MMOs in general might actually not be bad, but the audience and the way we play these games has undergone immense changes.
It's the true reason why we can't go back, and no amount of gameplay changes will ever fix that.
>>
>play a worgen
>moden gear is starting to look like shit on my character model
What do I race change to, lads?
>>
>>386918201
I'm pretty that sure gear is literally made for the human male model at first, so go with that.
>>
>>386917906
>It's the true reason why we can't go back, and no amount of gameplay changes will ever fix that.
Not true at all. Developers just don't emphasize actually doing shit in the world enough or they just make the world fucking boring and empty.
>>
>>386918201
Depends on your class, but it's tough to go wrong with Draenei or Dwarf.
>>
>>386918575
Rogue.
>>
>>386917906
This seems a bit paradoxical to me because we have had the recent advent of walking sims where the point is to meander around and see shit, though I suppose the intersect of the two is too small an audience to sustain something as large as an mmo.
>>
>>386913440
I would play the fuck out of it if I wasn't so fucking poor when I was a kid. I was playing Runescape/Guild Wars 1 instead.
>>
>>386913440
Fact: Vanilla WoW actually had better game design
>>
File: CgxbKnIWMAAHe-M8.jpg (883KB, 906x1367px) Image search: [Google]
CgxbKnIWMAAHe-M8.jpg
883KB, 906x1367px
I miss it /v/.

I want to go back.
Farm the Rum Tubers. The fadeleafs.
All the fun spells, the reagents
>Getting your first shoulderpiece, helm then long cloak
>Running the Kings Tribute in Dire Maul
>Being that guy that has all the keys to locked doors
>No lel meme quests
>No phasing
>Classes that actually mattered and everyone had their place instead of everyone GOING FAST, BIG DPSWHATSTHREAT?
>Questing was immersive
>Testing your limits by mass pulling dungeons.
>>
File: wc3 sheep.jpg (7KB, 106x120px) Image search: [Google]
wc3 sheep.jpg
7KB, 106x120px
>>386913440
>caring about WoW
>when Blizz is updating Warcraft 3

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20758576598#post-1
>>
>>386913632
It's a far cry from what it used to be

people in earlier expansions used to talk in general / zone chat constantly, nowadays you're lucky to get a generic greeting whenever you enter a dungeon
>>
>>386919271
>caring about WC3 when it was always a mechanically shallow RTS saved by a good story and artstyle
I mean it's a good game for like a once a year playthrough
>>
>>386919271

>Added cliff lines or deep water to edges of the map - removing hard edges (aesthetic choice for immersion)

What does this mean?
>>
>>386919584
>random conversation in zone chat while raiding
Cute
>>
File: 1311455888366.jpg (6KB, 251x190px) Image search: [Google]
1311455888366.jpg
6KB, 251x190px
>>386919271
Wish they added battle.net app integration, having to manually download the exe is archaic
>>
>>386913440
No, because my life is still the same and I still feel nostalgia. You're close to understanding the concept though. Cherished memories can be created by a lot of things, in this case its a lack of experience with much better games, interaction with others(which covers things like friends, loves, etc) and exciting moments that, at the time, meant a lot to you.
>>
File: 1472201975841.jpg (44KB, 437x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472201975841.jpg
44KB, 437x720px
>>386919250
>Getting your first shoulderpiece, helm then long cloak
same feeling now with getting your first legendary
>Running the Kings Tribute in Dire Maul
run mythic+ dungeons
>Being that guy that has all the keys to locked doors
waiting an hour to find someone with an ubrs key was objectively not fun
>No lel meme quests
no fun allowed
>No phasing
phasing is a story telling tool, and its good. unless you mean sharding/crz
>Classes that actually mattered and everyone had their place instead of everyone GOING FAST, BIG DPSWHATSTHREAT?
classes have never been more balanced, you can actually play what you want at high level
>Questing was immersive
questing is objectively the best its ever been
>Testing your limits by mass pulling dungeons.
do mythic+ dungeons

honestly there are no legitimate complaints in this post
>>
>>386913440
I played retail through Cata and now I'm on vanilla, which I enjoy alot more.
>>
>>386917690
>64 player CS 1.6 and earlier
anon...
>>
>>386920581
>Legendaries
You mean RNG-shit items, if you don't have them you're benched for raiding. Legendaries are just glyphs made into armor
>Run Mythic
Kings tribute was tactfully going around bosses not killing anything, needing items outside the dungeon to do the quest
>No fun
Bet you liked Redridge and those Badlands motorbike quests
>Class balance
It was about the feeling and flavour of the class. Rogues used to be the ones that went the fastest, now everyone has a sprint CD
>Quests are better
Fill up this blue bar while bunny hopping on your flying mount clicking things
>M+
Nothing was like a personal test run mass pulling SM from start to finish.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.