[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Casualisation of Monster Hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

File: DC5qDTDUMAAe-ma.jpg (83KB, 800x418px) Image search: [Google]
DC5qDTDUMAAe-ma.jpg
83KB, 800x418px
So I've just been rewatching the monster hunter world gameplay and I noticed something that's actually pretty concerning. If you look closely at the 19:28 mark you can see the heavy bowgun auto aim at the wasp thing. Personally I didn't believe that they were making the game more casual but after seeing this I'm pretty worried. Hopefully it's just a controller thing because aiming sucks with that.
>>
Link to the gameplay because I forgot it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU
>>
It's possible to set the lock-on to target small creatures as well as the large ones. Not sure which footage you're referring to, but you should check the lower part of the screen to see if that's the case.
>>
Get over it, toddler.
>>
>>386908234
Nah it's when he's shooting the small jagras just before the great jagras shows up near the end. You can see the bowgun jerk to the side when the wasp thing moves in front of the camera
>>
>>386908243
>why can't I hold all this Not an Argument
>>
>>386908243
>possible auto aim on a PC game
>get over it

Ok
>>
Well, I'm not gonna use a ranged weapon, anyway.
>>
>>386908363
Time stamp? 22 minutes is too long.
>>
>>386908787
Where'd you get 22 minutes from? It's at 19:28
>>
>>386908363
It doesn't just move in front of the camera. It moves directly in front of the aiming reticle. Nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>386909007
It still locks onto the enemy, if it works like this for other enemies then you could just lock onto and break body parts with no effort
>>
>>386909176
But it didn't lock on.
>>
>>386908903
>Where'd you get 22 minutes from?
The whole length of the video, I meant. I don't know the monster names yet, so I didn't know where to begin looking.

Just looks like a joystick jerk on the players part to me though, and the bug dying looked like collateral damage from flying in front of the gun.
>>
>>386909230
Lock on in the sense of auto aim, the gun clearly snapped to the wasp and tracked it as it moved
>>
>>386909326
Hopefully it's just that, I'm not the biggest fan of auto aim mechanics
>>
>>386909331
It wasn't moving when the shot was fired. It still requires aiming. There's nothing wrong with contextual movement.
>>
File: 1342415919354.png (255KB, 474x519px) Image search: [Google]
1342415919354.png
255KB, 474x519px
While we haven't seen anything particularly alarming outside the ability to use potions while moving and allowing players to switch gear mid-hunt, I am pretty nervous about Capcom's desire to make the game more appealing to a wider western audience and the effect it could have on the core gameplay loop. I could easily see things like the difficulty, the crafting system/drop rates, the complexity of weapon/armor stats and the skill system, etc. being dumbed down hardcore for the sake of all the normalfags that will be coming in with this title. The amount of content overall is something I also think will suffer, but I think that will have more to do with them needing to build all of the assets again from scratch making recycling Monsters harder as opposed to something more sinister. Still, I would be shocked if title has a monster roster as large as 4U before it. That, and there's zero chance we're getting G-Rank. Which sucks, because we're missing on on the last G-rank title since XX isn't coming over to the states.

All that, and since this is now a big budget AAA series, I fully expect Capcom to go full jew with DLC nickle and diming.

Only time will tell though. I really, REALLY hope my gut feeling is wrong and that the game is great. Given modern Capcom's track record however, anyone not cautiously optimistic at best is setting themselves up for a disappointment.
>>
>>386909535
Ah that actually makes more sense than auto aim
>>
>>386909428
Yeah, I don't think you've got the right idea here. I'm a little worried about the game myself, but from what little I've seen I still have hope.
>>
>>386909615
I have the feeling that g rank and extra monsters will be added as an expansion to the game instead of a separate title
>>
>>386909615
The amount of content is definitely going to suffer from them not being able to re-use all the old assets from every game since the first monster hunter because they actually are using a different engine. That being said this definitely looks like they are using at least some stuff from Dragon's dogma. I don't mind being able to change weapons and armor mid hunt the greatswords moveset looked lame though. It looked like you can only get one charge per hit now.
>>
Worlds looks fun
>>
I am a fan of the new art style. Its like a HD version of the 1st and 2nd generation games
>>
>>386909615
>ability to use potions while moving
Fujioka already stated flexing existed to counteract the fact you could just run into a different area and be completely safe. Now that you can't do that he wants the hunter to be more mobile.
>allowing players to switch gear mid-hunt
When you complete a quest on the current map you can then go back to your base camp and take another quest. All this does is remove a lot of time between hunts and being able to change during the multi-hunt expedition is a good complimentary change.
>the effect it could have on the core gameplay loop
Fujioka said it'll always be there in its current form.
>complexity of weapon/armor stats and the skill system
We've already seen some changes to this when we got a look at armor pieces in the base camp. Rather than requiring 10 points to gain a skill, pieces of armor now give levels of that skill (e.g chest gives level 1 Atk Up).
>needing to build all of the assets again from scratch making recycling Monsters harder as opposed to something more sinister
We've already seen recycled skeletons being used for all 3 monsters shown too far so the only things they really need to do are up the resolutions and details of textures and add flair like fur shaders and whatnot. That said they'll probably also want to add more moves and more fluid movement in general so that may cut into the total number of monsters.
>I fully expect Capcom to go full jew with DLC nickle and diming
Fujioka confirmed DLC will continue to be free.
>Given modern Capcom's track record however, anyone not cautiously optimistic at best is setting themselves up for a disappointment
That's entirely fair but from my view the more info that comes out the better it's looking.
>>
>>386910178
>When you complete a quest on the current map you can then go back to your base camp and take another quest.
I like this addition a lot
>>
>>386909907
>The amount of content is definitely going to suffer from them not being able to re-use all the old assets from every game since the first monster hunter because they actually are using a different engine
We've already seen that they can port shit over when looking at the general movement of the 3 monsters shown being exactly like current monsters that share the same base skeleton. Many weapon animations are also the same excluding the ones they've obviously overhauled.
>>
>>386910178
shown so far*
>>
>>386910229
Me too, this sounds pretty cool. I'm also guessing that if you can swap gear mid hunt you can also resupply potions and stuff after the hunt
>>
>>386910531
The only thing I don't fully understand is if you need to swap armor sets to gun
>>
>>386910178
All of that is fair enough, with the exception of perhaps the skill system which I'm not sure how I feel about and will need more info for a more informed opinion. Like I said, there haven't been any real strong red flags yet in terms of the game itself.

It's just that I've been burnt so many times before by developers trying to turn niche games into something mainstream, and as stated Capcom doesn't have the best track record with this. As a huge fan so I'm going to give the game a fair shake and buy it when it hits PC no matter what, but I'm dreading each new reveal because I'm basically expecting/waiting for them to fuck it up somehow.

Hopefully it doesn't happen.
>>
>>386908085
Aim-Assist is standard for any shooting mechanic invovled game nowadays
>>
>>386910606
They've removed the 2 separate armor sets. Every weapon uses the same set now
>>
>>386910941
hm, I think as long as they have gunner variants I won't care
>>
>>386910229

Yeah. Now you'll actually have a reason to stock up on nutrients and well done steaks.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 215x121px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 215x121px
>>386908085
hey, hey genius

MH has always had autoaim

it just did it PSO style with bullets coming out the side of the gun rather that the model turning
>>
>>386910974
They don't
>>
>>386911208
Damn
>>
>>386910941
I really hope this isn't true, as gunner sets exist for a reason. That reason being that Blademaster/Gunner skills are rarely cross compatible.

The game will either be heavily biased towards melee weapons, or the skill system will be dumbed down tremendously if this is the case.
>>
File: 1447190785891.gif (678KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1447190785891.gif
678KB, 480x320px
>literally months later
>nintenbros still mad
>>
File: skill.png (1MB, 1142x639px) Image search: [Google]
skill.png
1MB, 1142x639px
>>386911245

They're definitely redoing the skill system. Maybe which skill you have will be weapon dependent.
>>
>>386911245
I think I remember them saying that the skills actually change depending on if you use a ranged or melee weapon, but I might be wrong
>>
File: 1451360502715.gif (155KB, 248x319px) Image search: [Google]
1451360502715.gif
155KB, 248x319px
>>386911308
>literally nobody mentioned nintendo
>MUH NINTENDRONES
O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>386911469
In one of the videos it shows something that was called like weapon skill.
The great sword the person was using gave them an increase in defense and when they changed to a ranged weapon they had an increase to elemental defense.
>>
>>386911308
>years later sony fans still buttmad about every other game up till now being on the 3ds
Also why couldnt they just make another rehash monster hunter game, but just give it prettier models?
>>
>>386911842
I actually quite like that concept. Saves me having to farm for 4 plates in case I wanted to switch my playstyle up
>>
>>386908158
>anjanath's wings just disappear when it closes them
Fucking lame, there's not even a texture on the tail that makes it look like they're still there. This would be okay if it were another 3DS game but it's a fucking PS4 game for fuck's sake.
>>
I just really hope they put something in game that lets you see monster weak points, elemental damages/resistances, and breakable parts.
It's more than past time games need wikis for basic information like this.
>>
>>386910178
now how about you defend the fact that there are bugs that literally heal you 100% with no down side, or how about the absolute shiter killing a monster fast with a gs without using a single level 3, and lets not forget about the one hit mounts that does not matter if the monster throw you since you are spider man now
>>
File: JUST.png (145KB, 817x593px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
145KB, 817x593px
>>
>>386913240
>defend the fact that there are bugs that literally heal you 100% with no down side
I don't know how often they'll appear or if they even exist in High Rank so I won't defend or attack something I don't know about.
>how about the absolute shiter killing a monster fast with a gs without using a single level 3
Took him 20 minutes and it's presumably an early-game hunt. Those always go down quick (especially when they're in an E3 presentation). I don't know anything about the general game difficulty so I can't say anything with certainty.
>lets not forget about the one hit mounts that does not matter if the monster throw you since you are spider man now
I don't know how limited the grappling hook is. We've only ever seen it used once per mount and it appears to be easier to get thrown off (as if mounting was difficult to begin with).
My previous post only stated what the facts were surrounding information we've been given so far so I'm not sure what the point of your post is.
>>
>>386908085
in order to become popular, a game must sacrifice quality of gameplay
>>
File: from 0 to asian.webm (417KB, 424x320px) Image search: [Google]
from 0 to asian.webm
417KB, 424x320px
>>386913968
>Fujioka already stated flexing existed to counteract the fact you could just run into a different area and be completely safe
Fujioka is full of shite
>>
>>386914542
Here's Tokuda (co-director) expressing the same thing
https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/28/how-monster-hunter-worlds-is-streamlining-a-cult-classic/
>It’s just that now the monsters can be anywhere near you and there’s no loading barrier to hide behind. You can’t jump out of the area by one pixel and suddenly be safe and have time to do your animation – you have to be ready to face the monster. It’s almost like the pace is much quicker.
>>
>>386913968
>Took him 20 minutes and it's presumably an early-game hunt. Those always go down quick (especially when they're in an E3 presentation). I don't know anything about the general game difficulty so I can't say anything with certainty.
wew what a shill, you know how easy are the demo monsters right? thats nothing new yet you still need like 10 min of proper use of your weapon to kill a monster, this guy barely hits the monster and also does it unproperly yet the monster died because the world now gives free healing, free traps, free flash, and free damage
>My previous post only stated what the facts were surrounding information we've been given so far so I'm not sure what the point of your post is.
the point is that you cannot defend it you shill, is it really that hard to admit the game is dumbed down? because is obvious to anyone that has played the games before
>>
File: 1501718011514.jpg (65KB, 600x961px) Image search: [Google]
1501718011514.jpg
65KB, 600x961px
>>386915012
So Because both directors think everyone zone heals, they took it out. This is honestly retarded and I guaranty MHW is not going to be faster than the previous MH games. we've already seen gameplay and how fast running healing is and you pretty much don't get punished for healing at the wrong time, fuck this shit.
>>
File: claw2.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
claw2.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>386908085
Gunner camera 2 in the options allows you to autoaim already. Just press L to lockon and hold R to instantly autoaim.

Gunner weapons are meant to be clawed anyway. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1362693778990.jpg (13KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1362693778990.jpg
13KB, 352x288px
>>386916210
>map on the top screen
>>
File: 1498064213430.png (164KB, 2414x1814px) Image search: [Google]
1498064213430.png
164KB, 2414x1814px
>>
File: question.png (19KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
19KB, 500x323px
>>386916681
>>
>>386916681
as much as i hate mhw i really think it will do ok, however i doubt it will meet capcom´s expectations
>>
File: 1502141495309.png (456KB, 848x1814px) Image search: [Google]
1502141495309.png
456KB, 848x1814px
>>386916681
What sore losers. At least the japs are cool
>>
>>386908158
>monsters can actually see you, smell you, hear you.

>MC runs past the sleeping monster without waking it up. MC shots a small rock at the ground, monster instantly wakes up to investigate source of the noise.

>MC shoots a rock to his side (he is hiding in a bush) monster sniffs the rock which is right next to the monster and doesn't spot the MC.

>monster steps on MC (while trying to find source of the other rock the MC shot), MC is just pushed aside, no damage.

god damn.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.